Reality is for people who lack imagination.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Jackson MS

SubjectAuthor
* Jackson MStrotsky
`* Re: Jackson MSmoviePig
 +* Re: Jackson MSA Friend
 |+* Re: Jackson MSBTR1701
 ||+* Re: Jackson MSshawn
 |||+* Re: Jackson MSsuzeeq
 |||`- Re: Jackson MSmoviePig
 ||`- Re: Jackson MStrotsky
 |`* Re: Jackson MSThe Horny Goat
 | `- Re: Jackson MSsuzeeq
 +* Re: Jackson MSEd Stasiak
 |`- Re: Jackson MSmoviePig
 `* Re: Jackson MStrotsky
  `- Re: Jackson MSmoviePig

1
Jackson MS

<tepns5$vmo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155025&group=rec.arts.tv#155025

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Jackson MS
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 02:44:04 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 07:44 UTC

Is there something wrong with our way of governing? What's going in
Jackson MS should never happen in America. And it's all because of
Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens. I
mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right? Jackson is 80
percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head again.
IF I were President I would declare martial law (or Marshal Law to MTG
fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local government is
unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until the problems are
fixed."

Re: Jackson MS

<A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155049&group=rec.arts.tv#155049

Subject: Re: Jackson MS
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:11:43 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 14:11 UTC

On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
> Is there something wrong with our way of governing?  What's going in
> Jackson MS should never happen in America.  And it's all because of
> Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.  I
> mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?  Jackson is 80
> percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head again.
> IF I were President I would  declare martial law (or Marshal Law to MTG
> fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local government is
> unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until the problems are
> fixed."

My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...

Re: Jackson MS

<010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155054&group=rec.arts.tv#155054

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:14:18 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:14 UTC

In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
<pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
> > Is there something wrong with our way of governing?  What's going in
> > Jackson MS should never happen in America.  And it's all because of
> > Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.  I
> > mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?  Jackson is 80
> > percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head again.
> > IF I were President I would  declare martial law (or Marshal Law to MTG
> > fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local government is
> > unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until the problems are
> > fixed."
>
> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...

I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
get someone who can.

Re: Jackson MS

<atropos-5B397D.08505201092022@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155058&group=rec.arts.tv#155058

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:50:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:50 UTC

In article <010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
> > > Is there something wrong with our way of governing?� What's going in
> > > Jackson MS should never happen in America.� And it's all because of
> > > Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.� I
> > > mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?� Jackson is 80
> > > percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head again.
> > > IF I were President I would� declare martial law (or Marshal Law to MTG
> > > fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local government is
> > > unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until the problems are
> > > fixed."
> >
> > My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
> > of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>

> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
> get someone who can.

Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
in the assembly should get the same treatment.

Re: Jackson MS

<n0q1hht8hkf9gl9ti3s46v82nig2trdp4r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155063&group=rec.arts.tv#155063

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 13:16:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:16 UTC

On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:50:52 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
>> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>> > My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
>> > of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>>

>> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>> get someone who can.
>
>Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
>in the assembly should get the same treatment.

And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
electric grid.

I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
facilities over the years.

Re: Jackson MS

<ias1hhppafel2s4mbsk2prfmgg8iq1a5ja@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155076&group=rec.arts.tv#155076

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 10:54:59 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:54 UTC

On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:14:18 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
><pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> > Is there something wrong with our way of governing?  What's going in
>> > Jackson MS should never happen in America.  And it's all because of
>> > Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.  I
>> > mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?  Jackson is 80
>> > percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head again.
>> > IF I were President I would  declare martial law (or Marshal Law to MTG
>> > fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local government is
>> > unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until the problems are
>> > fixed."
>>
>> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
>> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>

>I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>get someone who can.

For sure.

In Canada there are native reserves that have had boil water
advisories for >20+ years< - which tells me somebody in the federal
government and / or local band leadership needs a lesson in
engineering since most towns manage to get this right.

One would have thought America would have had this dealt with decades
ago but apparently not.

I 125% agree with you.

Re: Jackson MS

<teqs28$nirg$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155079&group=rec.arts.tv#155079

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:01:43 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:01 UTC

On 9/1/2022 10:16 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:50:52 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>,
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>>> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>>> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>>> get someone who can.
>>
>> Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
>> in the assembly should get the same treatment.
>
> And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
> electric grid.
>
> I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
> Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
> of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
> ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
> they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
> facilities over the years.

I heard a piece on the news last night, maybe pbs, that said the taxes
collected in Jackson are being spent in its suburbs which is where the
white people live. Rather than in the city itself where the need is.

Re: Jackson MS

<teqs3g$nirg$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155081&group=rec.arts.tv#155081

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:02:23 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:02 UTC

On 9/1/2022 10:54 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:14:18 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
>> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
>>> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>>

>> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>> get someone who can.
>
> For sure.
>
> In Canada there are native reserves that have had boil water
> advisories for >20+ years< - which tells me somebody in the federal
> government and / or local band leadership needs a lesson in
> engineering since most towns manage to get this right.

It's probably a lack of funding.

> One would have thought America would have had this dealt with decades
> ago but apparently not.
>
> I 125% agree with you.

Re: Jackson MS

<atropos-C45130.11244701092022@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155085&group=rec.arts.tv#155085

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:24:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:24 UTC

In article <teqs28$nirg$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/2022 10:16 AM, shawn wrote:
> > On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:50:52 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
> >> in the assembly should get the same treatment.
> >
> > And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
> > electric grid.
> >
> > I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
> > Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
> > of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
> > ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
> > they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
> > facilities over the years.
>
> I heard a piece on the news last night, maybe pbs, that said the taxes
> collected in Jackson are being spent in its suburbs which is where the
> white people live. Rather than in the city itself where the need is.

City funds are being spent in *other* cities?

That's hard to believe, but if true, it should be a simple matter to
arrest everyone involve and charge them with misappropriation of funds
and other crimes related to malfeasance of office.

Re: Jackson MS

<rS6QK.146281$BKL8.95823@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155086&group=rec.arts.tv#155086

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 14:29:42 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:29 UTC

On 9/1/2022 1:16 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:50:52 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>,
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>>> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>>> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>>> get someone who can.
>>
>> Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
>> in the assembly should get the same treatment.
>
> And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
> electric grid.
>
> I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
> Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
> of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
> ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
> they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
> facilities over the years.

At the very least, the time for a Jackson resident to learn of this
crisis was during, say, the last ten city elections ...not when E. coli
started oozing from his kitchen tap. But, of course, he's in
Mississippi, where his only real concern is his neighbor's abortion...

Re: Jackson MS

<ter02l$nlcu$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155088&group=rec.arts.tv#155088

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:10:11 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:10 UTC

On 9/1/2022 11:24 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <teqs28$nirg$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
>>> electric grid.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
>>> Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
>>> of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
>>> ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
>>> they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
>>> facilities over the years.
>>
>> I heard a piece on the news last night, maybe pbs, that said the taxes
>> collected in Jackson are being spent in its suburbs which is where the
>> white people live. Rather than in the city itself where the need is.
>
> City funds are being spent in *other* cities?
>
> That's hard to believe, but if true, it should be a simple matter to
> arrest everyone involve and charge them with misappropriation of funds
> and other crimes related to malfeasance of office.

More than likely he meant county and state moneys collected from the
city. They're supposed to be spent where collected, but they're not
getting to where they most need it. Some of the white suburbs are within
the same county so officials could point to the money being spent on the
county but they're still not replacing the water system in the city.
Sounds like the county officials should be voted out.

Re: Jackson MS

<d7e3c865-ad3c-42a8-bef3-781369c4ee2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155091&group=rec.arts.tv#155091

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:28 UTC

> moviePig
>
> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...

Detroit has entered the discussion...

Re: Jackson MS

<Vl8QK.86053$Ny99.4001@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155096&group=rec.arts.tv#155096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:11:32 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:11 UTC

On 9/1/2022 3:28 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>
>> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
>> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>
> Detroit has entered the discussion...

Really? I think of Detroit as Gang Central, not Southern-Fried Stupid.

Re: Jackson MS

<ter6r6$mfk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155104&group=rec.arts.tv#155104

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:05:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:05 UTC

On 9/1/2022 9:11 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> Is there something wrong with our way of governing?  What's going in
>> Jackson MS should never happen in America.  And it's all because of
>> Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.
>> I mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?  Jackson
>> is 80 percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head
>> again. IF I were President I would  declare martial law (or Marshal
>> Law to MTG fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local
>> government is unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until
>> the problems are fixed."
>
> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...

So the blacks deserved what they got? Is that really how you want to go
on this?

Re: Jackson MS

<ter72m$mfk$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155106&group=rec.arts.tv#155106

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:09:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:09 UTC

On 9/1/2022 10:50 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <010920221114189169%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <A43QK.146223$BKL8.51681@fx15.iad>, moviePig
>> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an instance
>>> of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>>

>> I think the bottom line here is that a clean and dependable water
>> supply is a basic requirement of modern civilization. If the dopes in
>> charge can't manage to provide that, it's time to drive them out and
>> get someone who can.
>
> Same with electricity, which is why Gavin Newsom and his Democrat cabal
> in the assembly should get the same treatment.

Because you're stupid, you appear to have Cali conflated with Texas.

Re: Jackson MS

<ter8bh$1951$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155112&group=rec.arts.tv#155112

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:31:29 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:31 UTC

On 9/1/2022 1:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <teqs28$nirg$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> And Greg Abbott in Texas with the way ERCOT keeps mismanaging their
>>> electric grid.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how much of the problem in Jackson is due to the
>>> Republican administration and how much is due just to the general lack
>>> of funds. It's an issue that most cities face as their infrastructure
>>> ages and with Jackson, MS being one of the poorer cities I wonder if
>>> they ever had the money to properly maintain and upgrade their
>>> facilities over the years.
>>
>> I heard a piece on the news last night, maybe pbs, that said the taxes
>> collected in Jackson are being spent in its suburbs which is where the
>> white people live. Rather than in the city itself where the need is.
>
> City funds are being spent in *other* cities?
>
> That's hard to believe, but if true, it should be a simple matter to
> arrest everyone involve and charge them with misappropriation of funds
> and other crimes related to malfeasance of office.

Oh sure, because we're seeing so many right wing criminals are being
brought to justice.

Re: Jackson MS

<zjaQK.277$w35c.112@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155122&group=rec.arts.tv#155122

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:25:33 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 22:25 UTC

On 9/1/2022 5:05 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 9/1/2022 9:11 AM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 9/1/2022 3:44 AM, trotsky wrote:
>>> Is there something wrong with our way of governing?  What's going in
>>> Jackson MS should never happen in America.  And it's all because of
>>> Republicans, not caring a god damn about the welfare of its citizens.
>>> I mean, come on, "welfare" is a filthy word to them, right?  Jackson
>>> is 80 percent black, so their typical racism has reared its ugly head
>>> again. IF I were President I would  declare martial law (or Marshal
>>> Law to MTG fans) saying, "There is a state of emergency, the local
>>> government is unfit to govern, the federal govt. will take over until
>>> the problems are fixed."
>>
>> My easy (and admittedly uninformed) hypothesis here suspects an
>> instance of the uneducated electing the unscrupulous...
>>
> So the blacks deserved what they got?  Is that really how you want to go
> on this?

'Deserve' is a value-judgement above my pay-grade.