From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Eileen is back!
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 15:04:26 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:04 UTC

Wow she looks good these days :)

Had trouble with accessing usenet recently and wondered if you are now
totally recovered Kat?

Re: Eileen is back!

<k6mvphFd35kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1549&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1549

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Eileen is back!
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:12:33 +0000
 by: kat - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:12 UTC

On 06/03/2023 19:04, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> Wow she looks good these days :)
>
> Had trouble with accessing usenet recently and wondered if you are now
> totally recovered Kat?

I feel I have. Hospital finally got in touch to arrange the follow up
appointment with the doc today! so I hope he thinks so too.

The 7 weeks of physio exercise classes have dragged out for a number of reasons,
eithet I couldn't go or they were cancelled, but this week should be the last
one of those. I don't find them all that hard aside from my legs don't work too
well, but that is okay as we aren't supposed to do enough to "hurt".

Other than that I am doing most of what I did before and would do it all if
those legs weren't so stiff!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Eileen is back!

<vdsc0ihefmr91v490f62gt664555p02voe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1550&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1550

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:09:41 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 23:09 UTC

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:12:33 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 06/03/2023 19:04, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> Wow she looks good these days :)
>>
>> Had trouble with accessing usenet recently and wondered if you are now
>> totally recovered Kat?
>
>I feel I have. Hospital finally got in touch to arrange the follow up
>appointment with the doc today! so I hope he thinks so too.
>
>The 7 weeks of physio exercise classes have dragged out for a number of reasons,
>eithet I couldn't go or they were cancelled, but this week should be the last
>one of those. I don't find them all that hard aside from my legs don't work too
>well, but that is okay as we aren't supposed to do enough to "hurt".
>
>Other than that I am doing most of what I did before and would do it all if
>those legs weren't so stiff!

After knee replacement and an error by the anaethetist I learned the
value of the physio, even though as you note, the tooing and froing is
awful. You might do well to keep doing the exercises at home when you
are off the hook :)

It might not apply to you but I daily think of Bette Davis saying 'Old
age is no place for sissies', didn't realise when I heard her say it
back in the 80's how right she was :)

Re: Eileen is back!

<k6oj3uFkho1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1551&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1551

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:48:31 +0000
 by: kat - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:48 UTC

On 06/03/2023 23:09, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:12:33 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/2023 19:04, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> Wow she looks good these days :)
>>>
>>> Had trouble with accessing usenet recently and wondered if you are now
>>> totally recovered Kat?
>>
>> I feel I have. Hospital finally got in touch to arrange the follow up
>> appointment with the doc today! so I hope he thinks so too.
>>
>> The 7 weeks of physio exercise classes have dragged out for a number of reasons,
>> eithet I couldn't go or they were cancelled, but this week should be the last
>> one of those. I don't find them all that hard aside from my legs don't work too
>> well, but that is okay as we aren't supposed to do enough to "hurt".
>>
>> Other than that I am doing most of what I did before and would do it all if
>> those legs weren't so stiff!
>
> After knee replacement and an error by the anaethetist I learned the
> value of the physio, even though as you note, the tooing and froing is
> awful. You might do well to keep doing the exercises at home when you
> are off the hook :)

I have a treadmill which makes walking more possible than going out and getting
so far then my back gives out, that helps. The exercises are more about
keeping moving though some are, apparently, warm up and cool down, with cardio
in the middle. Last week my pulse rate went down during the harder stuff. ;-)

The week before was about building strength and I have bought a pack of the
resistance bands we used because that is easier to do than some of the bending
that my back doesn't allow. The stretching actually helps.:-)

> It might not apply to you but I daily think of Bette Davis saying 'Old
> age is no place for sissies', didn't realise when I heard her say it
> back in the 80's how right she was :)

Well, how old is old? I recently found out that my old boss at work died 5
years ago - and he was 5 years older than me, while a boy I knew back in the day
died in 2021 - and he was 2 years older. Beginning to think I shouldn't read the
group on facebook for my old high school!

Anyway, I agree with her.:-)

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Eileen is back!

<c1he0idjqoqvvggqrr1ff5bpsdunr1uuf6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1552&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1552

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 10:05:39 -0400
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:05 UTC

On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:48:31 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 06/03/2023 23:09, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:12:33 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I feel I have. Hospital finally got in touch to arrange the follow up
>>> appointment with the doc today! so I hope he thinks so too.
>>>
>>> The 7 weeks of physio exercise classes have dragged out for a number of reasons,
>>> eithet I couldn't go or they were cancelled, but this week should be the last
>>> one of those. I don't find them all that hard aside from my legs don't work too
>>> well, but that is okay as we aren't supposed to do enough to "hurt".
>>>
>>> Other than that I am doing most of what I did before and would do it all if
>>> those legs weren't so stiff!
>>
>> After knee replacement and an error by the anaethetist I learned the
>> value of the physio, even though as you note, the tooing and froing is
>> awful. You might do well to keep doing the exercises at home when you
>> are off the hook :)
>
>I have a treadmill which makes walking more possible than going out and getting
>so far then my back gives out, that helps. The exercises are more about
>keeping moving though some are, apparently, warm up and cool down, with cardio
>in the middle. Last week my pulse rate went down during the harder stuff. ;-)
>
>The week before was about building strength and I have bought a pack of the
>resistance bands we used because that is easier to do than some of the bending
>that my back doesn't allow. The stretching actually helps.:-)
>

>> It might not apply to you but I daily think of Bette Davis saying 'Old
>> age is no place for sissies', didn't realise when I heard her say it
>> back in the 80's how right she was :)
>
>Well, how old is old? I recently found out that my old boss at work died 5
>years ago - and he was 5 years older than me, while a boy I knew back in the day
>died in 2021 - and he was 2 years older. Beginning to think I shouldn't read the
>group on facebook for my old high school!
>
>Anyway, I agree with her.:-)

She was 81 when she died, smoked herself to death! At the time she
said it, think she was on Good Morning America and I noticed her
because she was smoking and by then you didn't see smoking on tv. I
reckon she told them, no cigs, no interview, so they relented.

Re: Eileen is back!

<k6pk4vFpia6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1553&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1553

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 20:12:16 +0000
 by: kat - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 20:12 UTC

On 07/03/2023 14:05, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:48:31 +0000, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/2023 23:09, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> After knee replacement and an error by the anaethetist I learned the
>>> value of the physio, even though as you note, the tooing and froing is
>>> awful. You might do well to keep doing the exercises at home when you
>>> are off the hook :)
>>
>> I have a treadmill which makes walking more possible than going out and getting
>> so far then my back gives out, that helps. The exercises are more about
>> keeping moving though some are, apparently, warm up and cool down, with cardio
>> in the middle. Last week my pulse rate went down during the harder stuff. ;-)
>>
>> The week before was about building strength and I have bought a pack of the
>> resistance bands we used because that is easier to do than some of the bending
>> that my back doesn't allow. The stretching actually helps.:-)
>>

>>> It might not apply to you but I daily think of Bette Davis saying 'Old
>>> age is no place for sissies', didn't realise when I heard her say it
>>> back in the 80's how right she was :)
>>
>> Well, how old is old? I recently found out that my old boss at work died 5
>> years ago - and he was 5 years older than me, while a boy I knew back in the day
>> died in 2021 - and he was 2 years older. Beginning to think I shouldn't read the
>> group on facebook for my old high school!
>>
>> Anyway, I agree with her.:-)
>
> She was 81 when she died, smoked herself to death! At the time she
> said it, think she was on Good Morning America and I noticed her
> because she was smoking and by then you didn't see smoking on tv. I
> reckon she told them, no cigs, no interview, so they relented.

I suppose at that sort of age you get to do what you want!

--
kat