From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies SPOILERS ep 1
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 09:16:53 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 16:16 UTC

In article <a1f99c6e-1a7f-4374-9f1e-e10d898ce9b7n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, this is a lot more female-centric than what came before. This may
> be Peter Jackson-helmed, but it is well done.
>
> The camouflaged Hobbit village was clever. The Hobbits are like rabbits,
> kind of at the mercy of various predators. The Elves, seemingly having lived
> a sedate existence up to a point, make inexplicably good warriors. The gist
> of the plot is an Elvish female refuses to give up her warrior position when
> offered retirement by the king and wants to keep hunting the head orc

Sauron is not "the head orc", for fuck's sake, Rich.
> A huge meteorite lands near the Hobbit village and a man is revealed in the
> crater.

That would be your "head orc". <rolls eyes>

Sauron taking human form to befriend the elvish smiths and guide them to
create the Rings of Power.

Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies SPOILERS ep 1

<tetlp9$mmt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155207&group=rec.arts.tv#155207

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies
SPOILERS ep 1
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 14:32:56 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 19:32 UTC

On 9/2/2022 11:16 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <a1f99c6e-1a7f-4374-9f1e-e10d898ce9b7n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, this is a lot more female-centric than what came before. This may
>> be Peter Jackson-helmed, but it is well done.
>>
>> The camouflaged Hobbit village was clever. The Hobbits are like rabbits,
>> kind of at the mercy of various predators. The Elves, seemingly having lived
>> a sedate existence up to a point, make inexplicably good warriors. The gist
>> of the plot is an Elvish female refuses to give up her warrior position when
>> offered retirement by the king and wants to keep hunting the head orc
>
> Sauron is not "the head orc", for fuck's sake, Rich.

Clearly "Rich" is the head dork though.

>> A huge meteorite lands near the Hobbit village and a man is revealed in the
>> crater.
>
> That would be your "head orc". <rolls eyes>
>
> Sauron taking human form to befriend the elvish smiths and guide them to
> create the Rings of Power.

Yep.

Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies SPOILERS ep 1

<teuffh$2pi38$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155283&group=rec.arts.tv#155283

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 19:51:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 02:51 UTC

On 2022-09-02 16:16:53 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <a1f99c6e-1a7f-4374-9f1e-e10d898ce9b7n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, this is a lot more female-centric than what came before. This may
>> be Peter Jackson-helmed, but it is well done.
>>
>> The camouflaged Hobbit village was clever. The Hobbits are like rabbits,
>> kind of at the mercy of various predators. The Elves, seemingly having lived
>> a sedate existence up to a point, make inexplicably good warriors. The gist
>> of the plot is an Elvish female refuses to give up her warrior position when
>> offered retirement by the king and wants to keep hunting the head orc
>
> Sauron is not "the head orc", for fuck's sake, Rich.

I think I may do a standalone review of this tomorrow. Based on the
first episode, there are... problems.

>> A huge meteorite lands near the Hobbit village and a man is revealed in the
>> crater.
>
> That would be your "head orc". <rolls eyes>
>
> Sauron taking human form to befriend the elvish smiths and guide them to
> create the Rings of Power.

Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies SPOILERS ep 1

<teure1$2qg37$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155306&group=rec.arts.tv#155306

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SPOILERS ep 1
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 23:15:31 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 06:15 UTC

On 9/2/2022 7:51 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-09-02 16:16:53 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <a1f99c6e-1a7f-4374-9f1e-e10d898ce9b7n@googlegroups.com>,
>>  RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, this is a lot more female-centric than what came before.  This may
>>> be Peter Jackson-helmed, but it is well done.
>>>
>>> The camouflaged Hobbit village was clever. The Hobbits are like rabbits,
>>> kind of at the mercy of various predators. The Elves, seemingly
>>> having lived
>>> a sedate existence up to a point, make inexplicably good warriors.

1) Most of the elves had lived literally in the land of the Gods. They
got a lot of power and knowledge out of that period.

2) The elves by this point had been involved in a multi-thousand year
war with another God and all of its creations. Sauron was the chief
lieutenant of the chief lieutenant of this God and correspondingly
weaker. (Though still the equivalent of a Christian fallen Angel or
Archangel.)

>>> The gist
>>> of the plot is an Elvish female refuses to give up her warrior
>>> position when
>>> offered retirement by the king and wants to keep hunting the head orc
>>
>> Sauron is not "the head orc", for fuck's sake, Rich.
>
> I think I may do a standalone review of this tomorrow. Based on the
> first episode, there are... problems.
>
>>> A huge meteorite lands near the Hobbit village and a man is revealed
>>> in the
>>> crater.
>>
>> That would be your "head orc". <rolls eyes>
>>
>> Sauron taking human form to befriend the elvish smiths and guide them to
>> create the Rings of Power.

dirty old man.

Re: "Lord of the Rings" TV show message: Pacifists are pansies SPOILERS ep 1

<teuu7m$1rni$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155308&group=rec.arts.tv#155308

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 19:03:18 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 07:03 UTC

In article <a1f99c6e-1a7f-4374-9f1e-e10d898ce9b7n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, this is a lot more female-centric than what came before.  This may
> be Peter Jackson-helmed, but it is well done.

That's must be a typo since Peter Jackson had no ionvolvement at all
with the new TV series. In fact, reportedly he offered to look over the
script, etc., Amazon said they'd send it to him, and then they never
mad contact again.