From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: hat Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:52:24 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 15:52 UTC

Yesterday, being a "holiday", I got through more, though not as much
more as you might think as I went out of the house some!...:

soaps: DOOL - Leo discovers Sonny stabbed, and thinks Leo's dead, but
realizes he is still alive. Then Chad discovers Leo standing over
Sonny's almost dead body, and assumes the worst. An ambulance is
called, and Sonny is taken to the hospital, but Leo wisely flees the
scene. Justin and Alex are informed, and Stephanie finds out too.
Meanwhile, Chloe tries to point out what an ass Nicole is being about
Jada and Rafe.

The Missing (HBO Max) - I've been meaning to watch this 2003 Ron Howard
western for well over a year now - so when it showed back up on HBO/HBO
Max, I decided to finally pull the trigger on it.
It's a decent enough western, I guess.
Cate Blanchet plays Maggie, the "healer" (i.e. pseudo-doctor) mother
to two daughters - Lilly (Evan Rachel Wood), the elder snooty
16(?)-year old daughter who resents Maggie, and Dot (Jenna Boyd), the
precicious 10(?)-year old daughter who helps Maggie with her healin'
and is good with a horse and a gun!
Maggie's estranged father, Sam (Tommy Lee Jones), went "native",
literally! and Maggie has never forgiven him for abandoning her and her
mother. When she sees Tom again, she treats him, and then kicks him out.
Of course, Maggie is going to need Tom's help soon enough - renegade
Apaches show up, and kill Maggie's strung-along boyfriend (a
young-looking Aaron Eckhart!) and ranch hand, and kidnap Lilly, to sell
into slavery in Mexico. (Dot manages to escape being captured.)
Maggie is forced to go to Sam for help, when the army seems to be of
no assistance (hey! it's Val Kilmer playing the sympathetic Army
lieutenant!), and she, Dot and Sam go out on a two-and-a-half person
mission to follow the renegade Apaches and intercept them before they
can get Lilly and their other captives (e.g. Elisabeth Moss) to Mexico!
This doesn't really have too many surprising developments, but it's
a solid (though cliched) story, well-told, so really there's not much
to argue! (I guess maybe I would have liked a little bit more of a
definitive ending...)

And what did you watch?

What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)

<tf2hrs$38vei$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155467&group=rec.arts.tv#155467

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:56:44 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 15:56 UTC

Fix the header.

On 2022-09-04 15:52:24 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> Yesterday, being a "holiday", I got through more, though not as much
> more as you might think as I went out of the house some!...:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Leo discovers Sonny stabbed, and thinks Leo's dead, but
> realizes he is still alive. Then Chad discovers Leo standing over
> Sonny's almost dead body, and assumes the worst. An ambulance is
> called, and Sonny is taken to the hospital, but Leo wisely flees the
> scene. Justin and Alex are informed, and Stephanie finds out too.
> Meanwhile, Chloe tries to point out what an ass Nicole is being about
> Jada and Rafe.
>
> The Missing (HBO Max) - I've been meaning to watch this 2003 Ron Howard
> western for well over a year now - so when it showed back up on HBO/HBO
> Max, I decided to finally pull the trigger on it.
> It's a decent enough western, I guess.
> Cate Blanchet plays Maggie, the "healer" (i.e. pseudo-doctor) mother
> to two daughters - Lilly (Evan Rachel Wood), the elder snooty
> 16(?)-year old daughter who resents Maggie, and Dot (Jenna Boyd), the
> precicious 10(?)-year old daughter who helps Maggie with her healin'
> and is good with a horse and a gun!
> Maggie's estranged father, Sam (Tommy Lee Jones), went "native",
> literally! and Maggie has never forgiven him for abandoning her and her
> mother. When she sees Tom again, she treats him, and then kicks him out.
> Of course, Maggie is going to need Tom's help soon enough - renegade
> Apaches show up, and kill Maggie's strung-along boyfriend (a
> young-looking Aaron Eckhart!) and ranch hand, and kidnap Lilly, to sell
> into slavery in Mexico. (Dot manages to escape being captured.)
> Maggie is forced to go to Sam for help, when the army seems to be of
> no assistance (hey! it's Val Kilmer playing the sympathetic Army
> lieutenant!), and she, Dot and Sam go out on a two-and-a-half person
> mission to follow the renegade Apaches and intercept them before they
> can get Lilly and their other captives (e.g. Elisabeth Moss) to Mexico!
> This doesn't really have too many surprising developments, but it's
> a solid (though cliched) story, well-told, so really there's not much
> to argue! (I guess maybe I would have liked a little bit more of a
> definitive ending...)
>

> And what did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)

<tf2shu$3a0de$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155486&group=rec.arts.tv#155486

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 11:59:10 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 18:59 UTC

On 9/4/2022 8:56 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Fix the header.
>
> On 2022-09-04 15:52:24 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
>
>> Yesterday, being a "holiday", I got through more, though not as much
>> more as you might think as I went out of the house some!...:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - Leo discovers Sonny stabbed, and thinks Leo's dead, but
>> realizes he is still alive. Then Chad discovers Leo standing over
>> Sonny's almost dead body, and assumes the worst. An ambulance is
>> called, and Sonny is taken to the hospital, but Leo wisely flees the
>> scene. Justin and Alex are informed, and Stephanie finds out too.
>> Meanwhile, Chloe tries to point out what an ass Nicole is being about
>> Jada and Rafe.
>>
>> The Missing (HBO Max) - I've been meaning to watch this 2003 Ron
>> Howard western for well over a year now - so when it showed back up on
>> HBO/HBO Max, I decided to finally pull the trigger on it.
>>    It's a decent enough western, I guess.
>>    Cate Blanchet plays Maggie, the "healer" (i.e. pseudo-doctor)
>> mother to two daughters - Lilly (Evan Rachel Wood), the elder snooty
>> 16(?)-year old daughter who resents Maggie, and Dot (Jenna Boyd), the
>> precicious 10(?)-year old daughter who helps Maggie with her healin'
>> and is good with a horse and a gun!
>>    Maggie's estranged father, Sam (Tommy Lee Jones), went "native",
>> literally! and Maggie has never forgiven him for abandoning her and
>> her mother. When she sees Tom again, she treats him, and then kicks
>> him out.
>>    Of course, Maggie is going to need Tom's help soon enough -
>> renegade Apaches show up, and kill Maggie's strung-along boyfriend (a
>> young-looking Aaron Eckhart!) and ranch hand, and kidnap Lilly, to
>> sell into slavery in Mexico. (Dot manages to escape being captured.)
>>    Maggie is forced to go to Sam for help, when the army seems to be
>> of no assistance (hey! it's Val Kilmer playing the sympathetic Army
>> lieutenant!), and she, Dot and Sam go out on a two-and-a-half person
>> mission to follow the renegade Apaches and intercept them before they
>> can get Lilly and their other captives (e.g. Elisabeth Moss) to Mexico!
>>    This doesn't really have too many surprising developments, but it's
>> a solid (though cliched) story, well-told, so really there's not much
>> to argue! (I guess maybe I would have liked a little bit more of a
>> definitive ending...)
>>

>> And what did you watch?

I watched the Director's Cut of 'Watchmen' (aka the Snyder Cut
Watchmen?). 3 hours long and honestly I couldn't tell you what was
added from the theatrical, mostly because I haven't seen the theatrical
cut since it was released. Still a good, grim superhero flick with a
lot of attention to the details of the source material. A refreshing
change to have someone trying hard to stay true to a movie's source
material.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)

<1460654735.684002137.148436.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155494&group=rec.arts.tv#155494

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 14:20:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 21:20 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Fix the header.

Kill the Wabbit!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-09-03 (Saturday)

<tf3d4b$3bk3j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155509&group=rec.arts.tv#155509

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 16:42:05 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 23:42 UTC

On 9/4/2022 2:20 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> Fix the header.
>
> Kill the Wabbit!