arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmarttrotsky
`* Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmartanim8rfsk
 `* Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmartshawn
  `* Re: Chinoids have fake products in WalmartThe Horny Goat
   `* Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmartshawn
    +* Re: Chinoids have fake products in WalmartDimensional Traveler
    |+- Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmartsuzeeq
    |`- Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmarttrotsky
    `- Re: Chinoids have fake products in WalmartThe Horny Goat

1
Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<teup8n$3ls$10@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155300&group=rec.arts.tv#155300

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 00:38:30 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:38 UTC

On 9/2/2022 4:11 PM, RichA wrote:
> https://www.dpreview.com/news/0798552385/psa-be-careful-of-weird-ssd-listings-online-they-could-be-sd-cards-inside-an-enclosure

Who the fuck shops at Walmart? Canadian assholes?

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<511353617.683885836.959207.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155311&group=rec.arts.tv#155311

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 01:25:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 08:25 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 September 2022 at 01:38:35 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 9/2/2022 4:11 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/0798552385/psa-be-careful-of-weird-ssd-listings-online-they-could-be-sd-cards-inside-an-enclosure
>>>

>> Who the fuck shops at Walmart? Canadian assholes?
>
> Walmart: worldwide revenue FY2012- FY2022. In the fiscal year ended
> January 31, 2022, Walmart's revenue amounted to approximately 573 billion
> U.S. dollars worldwide. Compared to a year earlier, the retailer's
> revenue increased by nearly seven percent.Jul 27, 2022

This has been going on for years with thumb drives. You’ll see a cheap
thumb drive that says it holds terabytes of information but it’s actually
like the cheapest thumb drive you can get, maybe 16 MB, and they’ve run a
software patch in it so that it thinks it’s 2 TB but it just overwrites
itself constantly.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<1o46hhh722i3ff9k304iakqncchkjrmbof@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155313&group=rec.arts.tv#155313

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:46:50 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 08:46 UTC

On Sat, 3 Sep 2022 01:25:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Who the fuck shops at Walmart? Canadian assholes?
>>
>> Walmart: worldwide revenue FY2012- FY2022. In the fiscal year ended
>> January 31, 2022, Walmart's revenue amounted to approximately 573 billion
>> U.S. dollars worldwide. Compared to a year earlier, the retailer's
>> revenue increased by nearly seven percent.Jul 27, 2022
>>

>This has been going on for years with thumb drives. You’ll see a cheap
>thumb drive that says it holds terabytes of information but it’s actually
>like the cheapest thumb drive you can get, maybe 16 MB, and they’ve run a
>software patch in it so that it thinks it’s 2 TB but it just overwrites
>itself constantly.

Agreed. It's not the only case where they play those games. They've
done it with video cards as well where they take a really cheap video
card and make it appear to be something more valuable in the BIOS.
Both the card's id and the amount of memory it has may be changed, but
of course, the performance isn't improved by any of the changes.

I guess this is just a natural step 'forward' for them. After all for
the longest time you had goods leaving out the backdoor that would get
sold on the black market. Then you had people selling the same goods
but more cheaply made. Now we have goods that appear to be one thing
but are not at all what they appear. It works because China is huge so
even if they only sold the goods in their own market they can make
$$$. Plus it can be difficult to find the maker.

Of course it's even better if they just sell the product outside China
because how are you going to do anything about a bad product. The
company can dump millions of dollars worth of product on the market,
then shut down and reform under a different name. It didn't help that
for the longest time China wouldn't do anything about these companies
so long as they weren't ripping off Chinese customers.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<26h7hh1fai847tssbkr7ddqtmov4270u80@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155380&group=rec.arts.tv#155380

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 14:23:15 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:46:50 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>Of course it's even better if they just sell the product outside China
>because how are you going to do anything about a bad product. The
>company can dump millions of dollars worth of product on the market,
>then shut down and reform under a different name. It didn't help that
>for the longest time China wouldn't do anything about these companies
>so long as they weren't ripping off Chinese customers.

You mean the expert way they're stopping the export of fentanyl which
in 2021 killed 55000+ Americans? (I don't know the figures for Canada
but 5000+ in BC with a total population of 5 1/2 million)

Most of it is organized by Chinese organized crime groups but Beijing
is apparently fine with that as long as they're not selling in China
but ONLY shipping to the West, mostly the US and Canada.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<uuo7hhtnj1fodjslbg0sfk6ma7v6rkgmji@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155410&group=rec.arts.tv#155410

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 19:34:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 23:34 UTC

On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 14:23:15 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:46:50 -0400, shawn
><nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>>Of course it's even better if they just sell the product outside China
>>because how are you going to do anything about a bad product. The
>>company can dump millions of dollars worth of product on the market,
>>then shut down and reform under a different name. It didn't help that
>>for the longest time China wouldn't do anything about these companies
>>so long as they weren't ripping off Chinese customers.
>
>You mean the expert way they're stopping the export of fentanyl which
>in 2021 killed 55000+ Americans? (I don't know the figures for Canada
>but 5000+ in BC with a total population of 5 1/2 million)
>
>Most of it is organized by Chinese organized crime groups but Beijing
>is apparently fine with that as long as they're not selling in China
>but ONLY shipping to the West, mostly the US and Canada.

I don't know how much of an effort they are making at stopping the
fentanyl from leaving China but when you consider all the resources
Canada and the USA have and we can't stop it from coming in there is a
question of how much we can expect from China. Now we should expect
them to not just let the organized crime groups go wild but I doubt
they can truly stop it.. Well, maybe so but it would be by killing
anyone caught selling/making/using the drug as that tends to be their
drastic but effective way of handling issues.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<tf16jd$34u07$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155417&group=rec.arts.tv#155417

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 20:38:24 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 03:38 UTC

On 9/3/2022 4:34 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 14:23:15 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 04:46:50 -0400, shawn
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Of course it's even better if they just sell the product outside China
>>> because how are you going to do anything about a bad product. The
>>> company can dump millions of dollars worth of product on the market,
>>> then shut down and reform under a different name. It didn't help that
>>> for the longest time China wouldn't do anything about these companies
>>> so long as they weren't ripping off Chinese customers.
>>
>> You mean the expert way they're stopping the export of fentanyl which
>> in 2021 killed 55000+ Americans? (I don't know the figures for Canada
>> but 5000+ in BC with a total population of 5 1/2 million)
>>
>> Most of it is organized by Chinese organized crime groups but Beijing
>> is apparently fine with that as long as they're not selling in China
>> but ONLY shipping to the West, mostly the US and Canada.
>
> I don't know how much of an effort they are making at stopping the
> fentanyl from leaving China but when you consider all the resources
> Canada and the USA have and we can't stop it from coming in there is a
> question of how much we can expect from China. Now we should expect
> them to not just let the organized crime groups go wild but I doubt
> they can truly stop it.. Well, maybe so but it would be by killing
> anyone caught selling/making/using the drug as that tends to be their
> drastic but effective way of handling issues.

You seem to be assuming that the Chinese government isn't subsidizing
the export of drugs....

dirty old man.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<tf1a8h$q5vr$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155418&group=rec.arts.tv#155418

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 21:40:49 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 04:40 UTC

On 9/3/2022 8:38 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 9/3/2022 4:34 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 14:23:15 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> You mean the expert way they're stopping the export of fentanyl which
>>> in 2021 killed 55000+ Americans? (I don't know the figures for Canada
>>> but 5000+ in BC with a total population of 5 1/2 million)
>>>
>>> Most of it is organized by Chinese organized crime groups but Beijing
>>> is apparently fine with that as long as they're not selling in China
>>> but ONLY shipping to the West, mostly the US and Canada.
>>
>> I don't know how much of an effort they are making at stopping the
>> fentanyl from leaving China but when you consider all the resources
>> Canada and the USA have and we can't stop it from coming in there is a
>> question of how much we can expect from China. Now we should expect
>> them to not just let the organized crime groups go wild but I doubt
>> they can truly stop it.. Well, maybe so but it would be by killing
>> anyone caught selling/making/using the drug as that tends to be their
>> drastic but effective way of handling issues.
>
> You seem to be assuming that the Chinese government isn't subsidizing
> the export of drugs....

That was similar to my thoughts. They'll take down the West one way or
another.

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<tf1nvm$mmq$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155427&group=rec.arts.tv#155427

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 03:35:01 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 08:35 UTC

On 9/4/2022 3:24 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 September 2022 at 23:38:27 UTC-4, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 9/3/2022 4:34 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> I don't know how much of an effort they are making at stopping the
>>> fentanyl from leaving China but when you consider all the resources
>>> Canada and the USA have and we can't stop it from coming in there is a
>>> question of how much we can expect from China. Now we should expect
>>> them to not just let the organized crime groups go wild but I doubt
>>> they can truly stop it.. Well, maybe so but it would be by killing
>>> anyone caught selling/making/using the drug as that tends to be their
>>> drastic but effective way of handling issues.
>> You seem to be assuming that the Chinese government isn't subsidizing
>> the export of drugs....
>
> They subsidize a lot of things.

How long have you studied their economic leanings? At which university?

Re: Chinoids have fake products in Walmart

<283bhh1jv885svefcqds0qf3invinsnq1u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155554&group=rec.arts.tv#155554

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 22:49:27 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 05:49 UTC

On Sat, 03 Sep 2022 19:34:17 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>Most of it is organized by Chinese organized crime groups but Beijing
>>is apparently fine with that as long as they're not selling in China
>>but ONLY shipping to the West, mostly the US and Canada.
>
>I don't know how much of an effort they are making at stopping the
>fentanyl from leaving China but when you consider all the resources
>Canada and the USA have and we can't stop it from coming in there is a
>question of how much we can expect from China. Now we should expect
>them to not just let the organized crime groups go wild but I doubt
>they can truly stop it.. Well, maybe so but it would be by killing
>anyone caught selling/making/using the drug as that tends to be their
>drastic but effective way of handling issues.

Again - most of the Chinese fentanyl mules are Triad based and the
evidence strongly shows that Beijing has a long standing "wink wink
nudge nudge" relationship with the Triads as long as their drugs are
strictly for export since that weakens the West.

I just finished this one about 3 weeks ago:
https://nvdpl.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S32C914333
Wilful Blindness
(How a Network of Narcos, Tycoons and CCP Agents Infiltrated the West)
Cooper, Sam

(incidentally "CCP" means Chinese Communist Party)