Speak softly and own a big, mean Doberman. -- Dave Millman

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!

SubjectAuthor
* Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!solar penguin
`- Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!Daniel65

1
Re: Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!

<16e96d30-2490-44bd-bafd-bb291d0eb465n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15548&group=rec.arts.drwho#15548

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 00:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!
From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 21 Mar 2023 07:56 UTC

On Monday, 20 March 2023 at 23:20:36 UTC, Tim typed:

> https://sharingyourintrest.quora.com/Why-is-the-Meowing-Nuns-incident-significant-in-the-history-of-psychology
>
> Answered by
> Simran Subedi
>
> Feb 27
> Why is the "Meowing Nuns" incident significant in the history of psychology?
> "Meowing Nuns" incident or "The Great Cat Massacre of Rue Saint-Séverin" and
> it occurred in Paris, France in 1844. The incident started when a nun in the
> convent of the Ursuline Sisters of St. Teresa began meowing like a cat, and
> soon after, other nuns started doing the same.
>
> Within a week, all of the nuns in the convent were meowing together in a
> chorus, and it reportedly continued for several hours each day. The strange
> behavior attracted attention from the local community, and eventually, the
> police and military were called in to investigate.
> After conducting an investigation, it was determined that the nuns were
> suffering from mass hysteria, which is a psychological phenomenon that can
> occur in groups when individuals become influenced by the behavior and
> emotions of others. The nuns had been under significant stress and
> isolation, which likely contributed to the onset of the hysteria.
>
> To stop the meowing, the authorities ordered the nuns to discontinue their
> daily prayers and to engage in other activities instead. Eventually, the
> meowing stopped, and the nuns returned to their normal behavior.
>
> The photo of the meowing nuns looks like the cat medics of New Earth.

That's interesting, thanks. I love all the weird, quitky bits of history.

Re: Possible origin of the cat medics of "New Earth"!

<tve2oi$g2bn$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15571&group=rec.arts.drwho#15571

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:12:50 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 05:12 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 21/03/2023 11:42 pm:
> In article <16e96d30-2490-44bd-bafd-bb291d0eb465n@googlegroups.com>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, 20 March 2023 at 23:20:36 UTC, Tim typed:
>>

>> https://sharingyourintrest.quora.com/Why-is-the-Meowing-Nuns-incident-significant-in-the-history-of-psychology

Answered by
>>> Simran Subedi
>>>
>>> Feb 27 Why is the "Meowing Nuns" incident significant in the
>>> history of psychology? "Meowing Nuns" incident or "The Great Cat
>>> Massacre of Rue Saint-Séverin" and it occurred in Paris, France
>>> in 1844. The incident started when a nun in the convent of the
>>> Ursuline Sisters of St. Teresa began meowing like a cat, and soon
>>> after, other nuns started doing the same.
>>>
>>> Within a week, all of the nuns in the convent were meowing
>>> together in a chorus, and it reportedly continued for several
>>> hours each day. The strange behavior attracted attention from the
>>> local community, and eventually, the police and military were
>>> called in to investigate. After conducting an investigation, it
>>> was determined that the nuns were suffering from mass hysteria,
>>> which is a psychological phenomenon that can occur in groups when
>>> individuals become influenced by the behavior and emotions of
>>> others. The nuns had been under significant stress and isolation,
>>> which likely contributed to the onset of the hysteria.
>>>
>>> To stop the meowing, the authorities ordered the nuns to
>>> discontinue their daily prayers and to engage in other activities
>>> instead. Eventually, the meowing stopped, and the nuns returned
>>> to their normal behavior.
>>>
>>> The photo of the meowing nuns looks like the cat medics of New
>>> Earth.
>>
>> That's interesting, thanks. I love all the weird, quitky bits of
>> history.
>
> ESp DW stuff.

Cept 'DW stuff' is not History, asswipe!!
--
Daniel