Many people feel that if you won't let them make you happy, they'll make you suffer.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

SubjectAuthor
* Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy useBTR1701
`* Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy useBTR1701
 +* Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy useanim8rfsk
 |+* Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy useBTR1701
 ||`- Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy usetrotsky
 |`- Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy useUbiquitous
 `- Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy usetrotsky

1
Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<atropos-1DF7CA.16483508092022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155940&group=rec.arts.tv#155940

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 16:48:35 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:48 UTC

In article <acd56e4d-ff77-4d26-85cc-ae608a94df10n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3rd world.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-62832775

Been getting them every day for the last three days.

They basically put the blame on you if you end up with a power blackout.

"Turn off all appliances, air conditioners, and electronics and refrain
from EV charging from 4PM-9PM to avoid power failures."

So because the Democrat cabal, led by Gavin Newsom, has shut down all
our reliable methods of generating electricity (natural gas, nuclear,
etc.), it now becomes *my* responsibility to sit sweltering in the dark
without even a TV to watch and if I don't do that and the power goes
out, it's my fault.

How has technology that we perfected in the 1950s-- reliable, plentiful
electricity-- somehow become beyond the capability of the government in
2022?

As Rich said, third-world country.

Progress!

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<hsCcnWqRnqhx8Yb-nZ2dnZfqnPpg4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156036&group=rec.arts.tv#156036

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:42:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:42 UTC

On Sep 8, 2022 at 7:18:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 19:48:24 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> In article <acd56e4d-ff77-4d26...@googlegroups.com>,
>> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > 3rd world.
>> >
>> > https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-62832775
>>
>> Been getting them every day for the last three days.
>>
>> They basically put the blame on you if you end up with a power blackout.
>>
>> "Turn off all appliances, air conditioners, and electronics and refrain
>> from EV charging from 4PM-9PM to avoid power failures."
>>
>> So because the Democrat cabal, led by Gavin Newsom, has shut down all
>> our reliable methods of generating electricity (natural gas, nuclear,
>> etc.), it now becomes *my* responsibility to sit sweltering in the dark
>> without even a TV to watch and if I don't do that and the power goes
>> out, it's my fault.
>>
>> How has technology that we perfected in the 1950s-- reliable, plentiful
>> electricity-- somehow become beyond the capability of the government in
>> 2022?
>>
>> As Rich said, third-world country.
>>
>> Progress!
>
> I don't make a habit of wasting things like electricity, I follow the
> recycling guidelines, etc.
> But when a country (UK) or state (CA) end up in a situation where power is at
> a premium and is in
> what could be continual short supply, then the politicians purposely shirked
> their responsibility.
> Just recently, Ontario announced that the shut-down of a nuclear power plant
> on Lake Ontario
> means we have to start using natural gas generators for electricity. So I
> sent a message asking
> them why no new plant was constructed in the last 30 years. DEAD SILENCE
> until...they admitted
> gas is the only hope along with some vague (they haven't even nailed down the
> technology yet)
> mention of using in-city "mini-modular buried nuclear reactors." They're
> relying on SCIFI tech to fix
> a MAJOR problem!!!

The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least had
its lights on when it went down.

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<318482165.684435842.605740.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156039&group=rec.arts.tv#156039

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 10:54:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:54 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2022 at 7:18:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 19:48:24 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Been getting them every day for the last three days.
>>>
>>> They basically put the blame on you if you end up with a power blackout.
>>>
>>> "Turn off all appliances, air conditioners, and electronics and refrain
>>> from EV charging from 4PM-9PM to avoid power failures."
>>>
>>> So because the Democrat cabal, led by Gavin Newsom, has shut down all
>>> our reliable methods of generating electricity (natural gas, nuclear,
>>> etc.), it now becomes *my* responsibility to sit sweltering in the dark
>>> without even a TV to watch and if I don't do that and the power goes
>>> out, it's my fault.
>>>
>>> How has technology that we perfected in the 1950s-- reliable, plentiful
>>> electricity-- somehow become beyond the capability of the government in
>>> 2022?
>>>
>>> As Rich said, third-world country.
>>>
>>> Progress!
>>
>> I don't make a habit of wasting things like electricity, I follow the
> recycling guidelines, etc.
>> But when a country (UK) or state (CA) end up in a situation where power is at
> a premium and is in
>> what could be continual short supply, then the politicians purposely shirked
> their responsibility.
>> Just recently, Ontario announced that the shut-down of a nuclear power plant
> on Lake Ontario
>> means we have to start using natural gas generators for electricity. So I
> sent a message asking
>> them why no new plant was constructed in the last 30 years. DEAD SILENCE
> until...they admitted
>> gas is the only hope along with some vague (they haven't even nailed down the
> technology yet)
>> mention of using in-city "mini-modular buried nuclear reactors." They're
> relying on SCIFI tech to fix
>> a MAJOR problem!!!
>
> The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least had
its lights on when it went down.

I just sent you that as a photo meme!

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<atropos-1BCE3F.21200609092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156122&group=rec.arts.tv#156122

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 21:20:06 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 04:20 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> I don't make a habit of wasting things like electricity, I follow the
> >> recycling guidelines, etc. But when a country (UK) or state (CA) end up
> >> in a situation where power is at a premium and is in what could be
> >> continual short supply, then the politicians purposely shirked their
> >> responsibility.

> >> Just recently, Ontario announced that the shut-down of a nuclear power
> >> plant on Lake Ontario means we have to start using natural gas generators
> >> for electricity. So I sent a message asking them why no new plant was
> >> constructed in the last 30 years. DEAD SILENCE until...they admitted
> >> gas is the only hope along with some vague (they haven't even nailed down
> >> the technology yet) mention of using in-city "mini-modular buried nuclear
> >> reactors." They're relying on SCIFI tech to fix a MAJOR problem!!!
> >
> > The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least
> > had its lights on when it went down.
> >
> I just sent you that as a photo meme!

;-)

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<tfhprj$14bn$10@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156172&group=rec.arts.tv#156172

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:45:06 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:45 UTC

On 9/9/2022 11:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2022 at 7:18:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 19:48:24 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Been getting them every day for the last three days.
>>>
>>> They basically put the blame on you if you end up with a power blackout.
>>>
>>> "Turn off all appliances, air conditioners, and electronics and refrain
>>> from EV charging from 4PM-9PM to avoid power failures."
>>>
>>> So because the Democrat cabal, led by Gavin Newsom, has shut down all
>>> our reliable methods of generating electricity (natural gas, nuclear,
>>> etc.), it now becomes *my* responsibility to sit sweltering in the dark
>>> without even a TV to watch and if I don't do that and the power goes
>>> out, it's my fault.
>>>
>>> How has technology that we perfected in the 1950s-- reliable, plentiful
>>> electricity-- somehow become beyond the capability of the government in
>>> 2022?
>>>
>>> As Rich said, third-world country.
>>>
>>> Progress!
>>
>> I don't make a habit of wasting things like electricity, I follow the
>> recycling guidelines, etc.
>> But when a country (UK) or state (CA) end up in a situation where power is at
>> a premium and is in
>> what could be continual short supply, then the politicians purposely shirked
>> their responsibility.
>> Just recently, Ontario announced that the shut-down of a nuclear power plant
>> on Lake Ontario
>> means we have to start using natural gas generators for electricity. So I
>> sent a message asking
>> them why no new plant was constructed in the last 30 years. DEAD SILENCE
>> until...they admitted
>> gas is the only hope along with some vague (they haven't even nailed down the
>> technology yet)
>> mention of using in-city "mini-modular buried nuclear reactors." They're
>> relying on SCIFI tech to fix
>> a MAJOR problem!!!
>
> The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least had
> its lights on when it went down.

After all this time it's nice to see you having sunk to the proper
level, responding to the likes of uber idiots such as "RichA,"
Ubi-Pubie, and "Gay as a Three Dollar Bill" Anim8r.

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<tfk81l$gj9$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156270&group=rec.arts.tv#156270

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 03:59:32 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 08:59 UTC

On 9/9/2022 11:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <318482165.684435842.605740.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least
>>> had its lights on when it went down.
>>>
>> I just sent you that as a photo meme!
>
> ;-)

Is that code for a dick pic?

Re: California issuing emergency texts for people to cut energy use

<tfn6re$28ahn$13@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156456&group=rec.arts.tv#156456

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 04:30:54 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I don't make a habit of wasting things like electricity, I follow the
>>> recycling guidelines, etc.
>>> But when a country (UK) or state (CA) end up in a situation where power
>>> is at a premium and is in what could be continual short supply, then the
>>> politicians purposely shirked their responsibility. Just recently, Ontario
>>> announced that the shut-down of a nuclear power plant on Lake Ontario
>>> means we have to start using natural gas generators for electricity. So I
>>> sent a message asking them why no new plant was constructed in the last 30
>>> years. DEAD SILENCE until...they admitted gas is the only hope along with
>>> some vague (they haven't even nailed down the technology yet)
>>> mention of using in-city "mini-modular buried nuclear reactors." They're
>>> relying on SCIFI tech to fix a MAJOR problem!!!
>>
>> The difference between the Titanic and California is the Titanic at least
>> had its lights on when it went down.
>
>I just sent you that as a photo meme!

Soon after I posted it to FB!

--