Don't worry if you're a kleptomaniac; you can always take something for it.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: “SLOW DOWN”

SubjectAuthor
* “SLOW DOWN”HC
`* Re: “SLOW DOWN”Edward Rochester Esq.
 `* Re: “SLOW DOWN”HC
  `* Re: “SLOW DOWN”Rachel
   `- Re: “SLOW DOWN”Rachel

1
“SLOW DOWN”

<39bd5c92-d30f-4286-9270-4f71293d8ea5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155871&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155871

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 03:07:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: “SLOW DOWN”
From: yogibare...@gmail.com (HC)
 by: HC - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 10:07 UTC

“SLOW DOWN” That’s what I said. That’s all I said.
That’s all I had time to say, because you went by
so fast. I said “SLOW DOWN” loudly, so that you
could hear me, because you were going so fast,
but I understand how it may not have been clear.
I may have just sounded like an old man, yelling.

I was trying to explain that I’m an old, slow veteran,
and have been running around town, through the park,
and to the Point for more than thirty years, because
this is where I live, and that’s what I know how to do.
Local kids used to shout ”RUN, FORREST, RUN” from
school buses, back when kids knew who Forrest was.

I run about 7mph, and you were driving at least 40mph
in the other direction, so I didn’t have time to explain that
the posted speed limit around here, through the park, and
around the Point 15mph, and that fast cars like yours
are scary to old, slow veterans like me. I was also unable
to warn you about the town cop with a speed gun. Sorry.

Re: “SLOW DOWN”

<b6f8b431-71bc-4c7c-89c9-71ecd586eeb2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155874&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155874

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 04:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: “SLOW DOWN”
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:17 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:07:52 AM UTC-4, HC wrote:
> “SLOW DOWN” That’s what I said. That’s all I said.
> That’s all I had time to say, because you went by
> so fast. I said “SLOW DOWN” loudly, so that you
> could hear me, because you were going so fast,
> but I understand how it may not have been clear.
> I may have just sounded like an old man, yelling.
>
> I was trying to explain that I’m an old, slow veteran,
> and have been running around town, through the park,
> and to the Point for more than thirty years, because
> this is where I live, and that’s what I know how to do.
> Local kids used to shout ”RUN, FORREST, RUN” from
> school buses, back when kids knew who Forrest was.
>
> I run about 7mph, and you were driving at least 40mph
> in the other direction, so I didn’t have time to explain that
> the posted speed limit around here, through the park, and
> around the Point 15mph, and that fast cars like yours
> are scary to old, slow veterans like me. I was also unable
> to warn you about the town cop with a speed gun. Sorry.

Ticked Off Vic:
https://youtu.be/M8AJhHtsDW8

Re: “SLOW DOWN”

<d1cc58cc-f1b7-424e-ba72-99351ddc65f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155879&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155879

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 04:38:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: yogibare...@gmail.com (HC)
 by: HC - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:38 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 7:17:02 AM UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:07:52 AM UTC-4, HC wrote:
> > “SLOW DOWN” That’s what I said. That’s all I said.
> > That’s all I had time to say, because you went by
> > so fast. I said “SLOW DOWN” loudly, so that you
> > could hear me, because you were going so fast,
> > but I understand how it may not have been clear.
> > I may have just sounded like an old man, yelling.
> >
> > I was trying to explain that I’m an old, slow veteran,
> > and have been running around town, through the park,
> > and to the Point for more than thirty years, because
> > this is where I live, and that’s what I know how to do.
> > Local kids used to shout ”RUN, FORREST, RUN” from
> > school buses, back when kids knew who Forrest was.
> >
> > I run about 7mph, and you were driving at least 40mph
> > in the other direction, so I didn’t have time to explain that
> > the posted speed limit around here, through the park, and
> > around the Point 15mph, and that fast cars like yours
> > are scary to old, slow veterans like me. I was also unable
> > to warn you about the town cop with a speed gun. Sorry.
> Ticked Off Vic:
> https://youtu.be/M8AJhHtsDW8

Thanks.

Hieronymous Corey Runs for his Life:
https://youtu.be/PYXLZvHmlFg

Re: “SLOW DOWN”

<796961e2-5385-4056-b80e-0f0ccf93a645n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155959&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155959

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 10:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: roach4...@gmail.com (Rachel)
 by: Rachel - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:03 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 4:38:32 AM UTC-7, HC wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 7:17:02 AM UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:07:52 AM UTC-4, HC wrote:
> > > “SLOW DOWN” That’s what I said. That’s all I said.
> > > That’s all I had time to say, because you went by
> > > so fast. I said “SLOW DOWN” loudly, so that you
> > > could hear me, because you were going so fast,
> > > but I understand how it may not have been clear.
> > > I may have just sounded like an old man, yelling.
> > >
> > > I was trying to explain that I’m an old, slow veteran,
> > > and have been running around town, through the park,
> > > and to the Point for more than thirty years, because
> > > this is where I live, and that’s what I know how to do.
> > > Local kids used to shout ”RUN, FORREST, RUN” from
> > > school buses, back when kids knew who Forrest was.
> > >
> > > I run about 7mph, and you were driving at least 40mph
> > > in the other direction, so I didn’t have time to explain that
> > > the posted speed limit around here, through the park, and
> > > around the Point 15mph, and that fast cars like yours
> > > are scary to old, slow veterans like me. I was also unable
> > > to warn you about the town cop with a speed gun. Sorry.
> > Ticked Off Vic:
> > https://youtu.be/M8AJhHtsDW8
> Thanks.
>
> Hieronymous Corey Runs for his Life:
> https://youtu.be/PYXLZvHmlFg

Made me cry. He is right on, the drivers are so bad, it's so dangerous, I don't think it's possible to train them all, young people are so wild, myself included, but only to my own self, through self-medicating, but I would never drive like that, I had the best teacher, who taught me how to be a safe, defensive driver, and also changing tires and driving for the weather, including snow tires, and changing them in case of flat, and rotating, although I barely remember rotating them, I'm not so sure I did that consistently. About the weather, like the top tennis player was having trouble with the breeze at Wimbledon, they need to learn how to play for the wind, as well, if that's even possible.

Anyway, b/c this is the case about drivers, we either need to make cars smarter, or use self-driving cars. I know Bill Maher likes to drive, but safety is paramount. It's just not worth it. *Maybe. On the other hand, if you can't get your jollies, what will young people DO to let off steam??? If you take something away, you have to replace it. Otherwise mayhem will ensue.The whole thing is just such a mess I have to throw up my hands, and just, well, like the song says, one day at a time, sweet Jesus.

Re: “SLOW DOWN”

<aea1df6d-4dcc-4d99-b5d0-77e146f41e69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155960&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#155960