Brain off-line, please wait.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.anim8rfsk
`* Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.Ubiquitous
 `- Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.anim8rfsk

1
Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.

<1866057301.684252575.933495.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155759&group=rec.arts.tv#155759

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 07:11:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 14:11 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://phys.org/news/2022-09-million-sea-turtles-poached-decades.html
>
> For example, Vietnam was the most common country of origin for illegal
> sea turtle trafficking, while China and Japan served as destinations for
> nearly all trafficked sea turtle products. Similarly, Vietnam to China
> was the most common trade route across all three decades.

When the Koreans polluted their water so badly that the oyster beds became
unsafe to eat, places like Campbell’s just went out of the oyster stew
business rather than go anywhere else. Which seems like sort of a strange
business strategy.

Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.

<tffml4$12ris$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156025&group=rec.arts.tv#156025

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 11:38:12 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 15:38 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>> For example, Vietnam was the most common country of origin for illegal
>> sea turtle trafficking, while China and Japan served as destinations for
>> nearly all trafficked sea turtle products. Similarly, Vietnam to China
>> was the most common trade route across all three decades.
>
>When the Koreans polluted their water so badly that the oyster beds became
>unsafe to eat, places like Campbell's just went out of the oyster stew
>business rather than go anywhere else. Which seems like sort of a strange
>business strategy.

Was there even a market for canned oyster stew?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Asiastics poaching the oceans dry.

<1977764163.684437637.359865.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156050&group=rec.arts.tv#156050

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 10:54:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:54 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> For example, Vietnam was the most common country of origin for illegal
>>> sea turtle trafficking, while China and Japan served as destinations for
>>> nearly all trafficked sea turtle products. Similarly, Vietnam to China
>>> was the most common trade route across all three decades.
>>
>> When the Koreans polluted their water so badly that the oyster beds became
>> unsafe to eat, places like Campbell's just went out of the oyster stew
>> business rather than go anywhere else. Which seems like sort of a strange
>> business strategy.
>
> Was there even a market for canned oyster stew?

Yes. Still is, but it’s horribly expensive.