Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewRobert
+* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
|`* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
| +* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
| |`- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
| `* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
|  `- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
+- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
+* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
|`* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
| `* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
|  `- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
+* Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
|+- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"Blueshirt
|`- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65
`- Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely NewDaniel65

1
Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<k85qqsFklv7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15621&group=rec.arts.drwho#15621

From: monst...@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New
Territory"
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:36:12 +0000
 by: Robert - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:36 UTC

Hi all,

Just trying to get this group back onto the main subject!

<https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/doctor-who-showrunner-teases-series-heading-into-genuinely-new-territory/>

"Doctor Who is headed into Season 14 in 2024 and according to returning
showrunner Russell T. Davies, the beloved series will head into
"genuinely new territory." During an appearance on the Table Manners
podcast (via Winter is Coming), Davies said he plans to stay with the
series for "years" as showrunner and that the upcoming season will take
things into genuinely new territory, making it sound like fans will be
in for a wild ride. The new season will also see the addition of
directors Julie Anne Robinson, who previously worked on Bridgerton, and
Ben Chessell."

I hope "new territory" isn't more Earth-based soaps...

Ta,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvljep$1te6h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15631&group=rec.arts.drwho#15631

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:40:43 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 01:40 UTC

Robert wrote on 25/3/23 1:36 am:
> Hi all,
>
> Just trying to get this group back onto the main subject!

Thank you!! ;-)

> <https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/doctor-who-showrunner-teases-series-heading-into-genuinely-new-territory/>
>

> "Doctor Who is headed into Season 14 in 2024 and according to returning
> showrunner Russell T. Davies, the beloved series will head into
> "genuinely new territory." During an appearance on the Table Manners
> podcast (via Winter is Coming), Davies said he plans to stay with the
> series for "years" as showrunner and that the upcoming season will take
> things into genuinely new territory, making it sound like fans will be
> in for a wild ride. The new season will also see the addition of
> directors Julie Anne Robinson, who previously worked on Bridgerton, and
> Ben Chessell."
>
> I hope "new territory" isn't more Earth-based soaps...
>
> Ta,--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvmp0t$26652$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15639&group=rec.arts.drwho#15639

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:21:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:21 UTC

Daniel65 wrote:

> Robert wrote on 25/3/23 1:36 am:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just trying to get this group back onto the main subject!
>
> Thank you!! ;-)

He'll need more than just a thank you! Getting DimTim and Dave to
curtail their 'I can post more than you' spamming and discuss Doctor
Who is a major challenge.

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvmphd$2690f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15641&group=rec.arts.drwho#15641

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:30:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:30 UTC

Robert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just trying to get this group back onto the main subject!

<https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/doctor-who-showrunner-teases-series-heading-into-genuinely-new-territory/>

> "Doctor Who is headed into Season 14 in 2024 and according to
> returning showrunner Russell T. Davies, the beloved series will head
> into "genuinely new territory." During an appearance on the Table
> Manners podcast (via Winter is Coming), Davies said he plans to stay
> with the series for "years" as showrunner and that the upcoming
> season will take things into genuinely new territory, making it sound
> like fans will be in for a wild ride. The new season will also see
> the addition of directors Julie Anne Robinson, who previously worked
> on Bridgerton, and Ben Chessell."
>
> I hope "new territory" isn't more Earth-based soaps...

I'll be interested in what RTD defines as "new territory". There's very
little original in television in 2023 and to do something 'new' in a tv
show that's been running for 60 years would seem like an impossible
challenge. We'll see...

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvn8gl$28pmh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15643&group=rec.arts.drwho#15643

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:46:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:46 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <eaa37c46-8c29-4837-9c88-3b98b5614faen@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, March 24, 2023 at 7:36:15 AM UTC-7, Robert wrote:
> >> I hope "new territory" isn't more Earth-based soaps...
> >
> > Didn't the Timeless Child Arc and the Flux count as new territory?
>
> NO! The Timeless Child is ANTIDOCTORWHO!!!

It's quite possible that you will consider RTD's "new territory" as
Anti-Doctor Who too. After all, new should mean different, but YOU
don't seem to like different!

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvn8jq$28q3d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15644&group=rec.arts.drwho#15644

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:47:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 16:47 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tvmp0t$26652$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > Daniel65 wrote:

> >> Thank you!! ;-)
> >
> > He'll need more than just a thank you! Getting DimTim and Dave to
> > curtail their 'I can post more than you' spamming and discuss Doctor
> > Who is a major challenge.
>
> When need to get Tim to stop spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho
> for starters!

No, you need to stop replying to every spamtroll that Tim makes for
starters!

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvp274$2knk0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15652&group=rec.arts.drwho#15652

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:11:02 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:11 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/3/23 5:05 pm:
> On Friday, March 24, 2023 at 5:46:44 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <33a512fc-bd62-4025...@googlegroups.com>,
>> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbru...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> <https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/doctor-who-showrunner-teases-series-heading-into-genuinely-new-territory/>

>>> The universe before our universe!
>> Doubt it!
>
> But it fits the definition of "new territory"!

Surely 'The universe before our universe' would be OLD, VERY OLD,
territory, Tim!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvp2df$2kt0j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15653&group=rec.arts.drwho#15653

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:14:23 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:14 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 26/3/23 1:08 am:
> In article <tvmp0t$26652$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> Daniel65 wrote:

>>> Thank you!! ;-)
>>
>> He'll need more than just a thank you! Getting DimTim and Dave to
>> curtail their 'I can post more than you' spamming and discuss Doctor
>> Who is a major challenge.
>
> When need to get Tim to stop spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho
> for starters!

Hey, asswipe, did YOU notice Blueshirt typed "DimTim and *Dave* to
curtail their ... ", asswipe??

I wonder who that *Dave* might be ..... NOT!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvp2o8$2kuvo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15654&group=rec.arts.drwho#15654

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:20:09 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:20 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 26/3/23 10:59 am:
> In article <tvn8jq$28q3d$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> When need to get Tim to stop spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho
>>> for starters!
>>
>> No, you need to stop replying to every spamtroll that Tim makes for
>> starters!
>
> Unfortunatley Tim is severely short-circuited!

*IF* Tim is 'severely short-circuited' and YOU, asswipe, respond to all
of his 'severely short-circuited' posts, asswipe, that would make YOU,
asswipe, even more 'severely short-circuited', wouldn't it, asswipe??

> He cannot face a challenge. Tim is an utter failure on Usenet, on
> Internet and in real life.

Stop looking in the mirror, asswipe!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvp7i5$2lnkq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15657&group=rec.arts.drwho#15657

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:42:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 10:42 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tvn8gl$28pmh$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> >
> > It's quite possible that you will consider RTD's "new territory" as
> > Anti-Doctor Who too. After all, new should mean different, but YOU
> > don't seem to like different!
>
> The Timelss child destroys everything Doctor Who stands for!

That was new territory for Doctor Who... and you didn't like it. Which
backs up my point. You might not like RTD's new territory.

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvqbg1$2roos$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15660&group=rec.arts.drwho#15660

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:55:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:55 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <tvp7i5$2lnkq$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> The Timelss child destroys everything Doctor Who stands for!
> >
> > That was new territory for Doctor Who... and you didn't like it.
> > Which backs up my point. You might not like RTD's new territory.
>
> WE shall see. Did you check the latest previews?

I did, but you must have watched a different preview if below is what
you took from it... for a start, Jodie Whittaker wasn't even in the
preview, so there was no 13th Doctor.
> The real 13th Doctor recalls Donna!
>
> And the real 14h Doctor wants to know what the Hell is going on?

I'd say if your Doctor was checking your brain out he'd feel the exact
same way!

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvqbl9$2rpcl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15661&group=rec.arts.drwho#15661

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:58:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:58 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <9a2089d7-eaf7-4483-900a-7468a8defe0cn@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbru...@gmail.com <tsbrueni264@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > But new territory for the Doctor.
>
> We shall see.
>
> RTD give the Doctor Fans what they want and retcon the Timeless Child!

I've a feeling that I'm gonna come back to you on this one. As I'm
pretty sure you are NOT going to want what RTD is going to give bigoted
Doctor Who fans like you when the show returns later this year and in
to 2024.

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvrtg0$36fdn$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15663&group=rec.arts.drwho#15663

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:08:51 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:08 UTC

tsbru...@gmail.com wrote on 27/3/23 12:02 am:
> On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 2:11:03 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/3/23 5:05 pm:

>>> But it fits the definition of "new territory"!
>>>
>> Surely 'The universe before our universe' would be OLD, VERY OLD,
>> territory, Tim!!
>
> But new territory for the Doctor.

How do you know, Tim?? The Doctor might have been there 482 times
previously!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvrtkn$36fdn$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15664&group=rec.arts.drwho#15664

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:11:21 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:11 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 26/3/23 11:53 pm:
> In article <tvp2df$2kt0j$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote on 26/3/23 1:08 am:

>>> When need to get Tim to stop spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho
>>> for starters!
>>>
>> Hey, asswipe, did YOU notice Blueshirt typed "DimTim and *Dave* to
>> curtail their ... ", asswipe??
>>
>> I wonder who that *Dave* might be ..... NOT!!

Truth hurts, ah, asswipe??
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvrtr3$36fdn$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15665&group=rec.arts.drwho#15665

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 22:14:45 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:14 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 27/3/23 10:25 am:
> In article <tvqbg1$2roos$1@dont-email.me>, Blueshirt
> <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> WE shall see. Did you check the latest previews?
>>
>> I did, but you must have watched a different preview if below is
>> what you took from it... for a start, Jodie Whittaker wasn't even
>> in the preview, so there was no 13th Doctor.
>>
>>> The real 13th Doctor recalls Donna!
>>>
>>> And the real 14h Doctor wants to know what the Hell is going on?
>>
>> I'd say if your Doctor was checking your brain out he'd feel the
>> exact same way!
>
> WEll Will the Doctor next face The Celestial Toymaker of the
> Valeyard?

I reckon that'll happen in Series 74!!
--
Daniel

Re: Doctor Who Showrunner Teases Series Heading Into "Genuinely New Territory"

<tvu9b3$3m4v4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=15677&group=rec.arts.drwho#15677

From: danie...@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Territory"
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:43:19 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 08:43 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 28/3/23 10:14 am:
> In article <f62e106b-8bc5-4db3-b873-4ba9e1a2c241n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, March 27, 2023 at 8:28:39 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

>>> Oh?
>>>
>>> You forget mid 1960s DW and 1986 !!
>>
>> How do those dates make the Celestial Toymaker and the Valeyard
>> new territory for the 15th Doctor?
>
> What do you recall of ether villain?

Failure to answer Tim's question NOTED!!

> BTW it is one or the other facing off against the REAL 13th Doctor.

No, I don't recall JodiDoc facing either the Celestial Toymaker and the
Valeyard, asswipe!!
--
Daniel