It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips. -- Garfield

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

SubjectAuthor
* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...trotsky
`* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchmoviePig
 +* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. NotBTR1701
 |+* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchmoviePig
 ||`- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...That'trotsky
 |+- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...trotsky
 |`* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...Ubiquitous
 | `* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...BTR1701
 |  +- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...Ubiquitous
 |  +* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchDavid Johnston
 |  |`* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...BTR1701
 |  | +- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchtrotsky
 |  | `* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchDavid Johnston
 |  |  +* Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...BTR1701
 |  |  |`- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...Adam H. Kerman
 |  |  `- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so muchtrotsky
 |  `- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...Ubiquitous
 `- Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...trotsky

1
Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<170bbcbfc45bf5a3$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152344&group=rec.arts.tv#152344

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 00:38:24 -0500
Subject: Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 05:38 UTC

On 8/15/2022 11:35 PM, RichA wrote:
> Eeeverything is politics, isn't it?
>
> BBC:
> The US Department of Justice says releasing details about the warrant used to raid Donald Trump's Florida home last week could cause "irreparable damage" to its investigation.
>
> It wants to keep the affidavit, a court document showing the evidence required to obtain the warrant, under wraps.
>
> FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago to find out if Mr Trump improperly handled government records when he left office.
>
> It was the first time an ex-president's home was raided in a criminal probe.
>
> Eleven sets of classified files were recovered from the search one week ago at the estate in Palm Beach, according to the warrant, which was released on Friday.
>
> Now, several news organisations have applied to have the affidavit unsealed.

Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
You really sound nuts now.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<foNKK.107631$Eh2.57325@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152380&group=rec.arts.tv#152380

Subject: Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much
now...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 09:58:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 13:58 UTC

On 8/16/2022 1:38 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 8/15/2022 11:35 PM, RichA wrote:
>> Eeeverything is politics, isn't it?
>>
>> BBC:
>> The US Department of Justice says releasing details about the warrant
>> used to raid Donald Trump's Florida home last week could cause
>> "irreparable damage" to its investigation.
>>
>> It wants to keep the affidavit, a court document showing the evidence
>> required to obtain the warrant, under wraps.
>>
>> FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago to find out if Mr Trump improperly
>> handled government records when he left office.
>>
>> It was the first time an ex-president's home was raided in a criminal
>> probe.
>>
>> Eleven sets of classified files were recovered from the search one
>> week ago at the estate in Palm Beach, according to the warrant, which
>> was released on Friday.
>>
>> Now, several news organisations have applied to have the affidavit
>> unsealed.
>
> Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
> You really sound nuts now.

The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses. Reminiscent
of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<OiydnUqkM5tUQGb_nZ2dnZfqn_VQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152413&group=rec.arts.tv#152413

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not
so much now...
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 18:11:21 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 18:11 UTC

moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
> On 8/16/2022 1:38 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 8/15/2022 11:35 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Eeeverything is politics, isn't it?
>>>
>>> BBC:
>>> The US Department of Justice says releasing details about the warrant
>>> used to raid Donald Trump's Florida home last week could cause
>>> "irreparable damage" to its investigation.
>>>
>>> It wants to keep the affidavit, a court document showing the evidence
>>> required to obtain the warrant, under wraps.
>>>
>>> FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago to find out if Mr Trump improperly
>>> handled government records when he left office.
>>>
>>> It was the first time an ex-president's home was raided in a criminal
>>> probe.
>>>
>>> Eleven sets of classified files were recovered from the search one
>>> week ago at the estate in Palm Beach, according to the warrant, which
>>> was released on Friday.
>>>
>>> Now, several news organisations have applied to have the affidavit
>>> unsealed.
>>
>> Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
>> You really sound nuts now.
>
> The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses. Reminiscent
> of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?

Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.

Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
could release it at any time.

So it looks like we have a case of dueling blowhards here.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<GGTKK.697769$70j.46170@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152421&group=rec.arts.tv#152421

now...
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 17:07:49 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:07 UTC

On 8/16/2022 2:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
>>> You really sound nuts now.
>>
>> The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses. Reminiscent
>> of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?
>
> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>
> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
> could release it at any time.
>
> So it looks like we have a case of dueling blowhards here.

That's not my understanding. I thought that the warrant itself was
released, but underlying affidavits remained sealed.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...That's

<170bf125a5ea1ed3$1$971582$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152425&group=rec.arts.tv#152425

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 16:36:48 -0500
Subject: Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...That's
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:36 UTC

On 8/16/2022 4:07 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/16/2022 2:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses.  Reminiscent
>>> of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?
>>
>> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to
>> release
>> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
>> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>>
>> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>> could release it at any time.
>>
>> So it looks like we have a case of dueling blowhards here.
>
> That's not my understanding.  I thought that the warrant itself was
> released, but underlying affidavits remained sealed.

That's correct. I believe the inventory of what was seized at
Mar-a-Lardo is available too.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<170bf125c61669d6$1$971582$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152426&group=rec.arts.tv#152426

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 16:40:16 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:40 UTC

On 8/16/2022 1:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
>>> You really sound nuts now.
>>
>> The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses. Reminiscent
>> of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?
>
> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>
> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
> could release it at any time.
>
> So it looks like we have a case of dueling blowhards here.

Shockingly you have no idea what you're talking about. The warrant has
been released. I do agree you're one of the blowhards though.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<170bf158f1064388$2$971582$8d54264@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152428&group=rec.arts.tv#152428

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 16:44:01 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:44 UTC

On 8/16/2022 8:58 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/16/2022 1:38 AM, trotsky wrote:
>> On 8/15/2022 11:35 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> Eeeverything is politics, isn't it?
>>>
>>> BBC:
>>> The US Department of Justice says releasing details about the warrant
>>> used to raid Donald Trump's Florida home last week could cause
>>> "irreparable damage" to its investigation.
>>>
>>> It wants to keep the affidavit, a court document showing the evidence
>>> required to obtain the warrant, under wraps.
>>>
>>> FBI agents searched Mar-a-Lago to find out if Mr Trump improperly
>>> handled government records when he left office.
>>>
>>> It was the first time an ex-president's home was raided in a criminal
>>> probe.
>>>
>>> Eleven sets of classified files were recovered from the search one
>>> week ago at the estate in Palm Beach, according to the warrant, which
>>> was released on Friday.
>>>
>>> Now, several news organisations have applied to have the affidavit
>>> unsealed.
>>
>> Where's the part about 'no longer being thrilled to open the warrant?'
>> You really sound nuts now.
>
> The reason given is to protect the identity of witnesses.  Reminiscent
> of trials against criminal organizations, isn't it?

Yeah, that tracks.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<tdijqu$e5r9$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152482&group=rec.arts.tv#152482

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

>Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
>the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
>it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>
>Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>could release it at any time.

I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it was
incomplete.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<SJKcnR7qLqx-mWD_nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152503&group=rec.arts.tv#152503

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:10:27 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:10 UTC

On Aug 17, 2022 at 1:30:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
>
>> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
>> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
>> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>>
>> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>> could release it at any time.
>
> I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it was
> incomplete.

That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a glaring
media spotlight.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<tdl5ms$10946$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152622&group=rec.arts.tv#152622

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 18 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2022 at 1:30:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

>>> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to
>>> release the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly
>>> they can't do it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>>>
>>> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>>> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>>> could release it at any time.
>>
>> I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it was
>> incomplete.
>
>That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
>profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a glaring
>media spotlight.

Sarcasm noted.

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153641&group=rec.arts.tv#153641

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
now...
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 17:48:40 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 23:48 UTC

On 2022-08-17 9:10 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2022 at 1:30:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:
>>
>>> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
>>> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
>>> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>>>
>>> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>>> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>>> could release it at any time.
>>
>> I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it was
>> incomplete.
>
> That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
> profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a glaring
> media spotlight.

Oh? Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
serve a search warrant on?

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<atropos-F8F558.18390623082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153647&group=rec.arts.tv#153647

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 18:39:06 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 01:39 UTC

In article <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2022-08-17 9:10 a.m., BTR1701 wrote:

> >> I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it
> >> was incomplete.
> >
> > That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
> > profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a
> > glaring media spotlight.

> Oh? Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
> serve a search warrant on?

What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?

Walk us through that step by step.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<te4osa$11ss$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153699&group=rec.arts.tv#153699

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
now...
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 03:52:26 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 08:52 UTC

On 8/23/2022 8:39 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
>>> profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a
>>> glaring media spotlight.
>
>> Oh? Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
>> serve a search warrant on?
>
> What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
> government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
> a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?
>
> Walk us through that step by step.

How will that help you, eunuch?

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<te50gp$3a058$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153716&group=rec.arts.tv#153716

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2022 at 1:30:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

>>> Still doesn't change the fact that they claimed to be 'thrilled' to release
>>> the warrant until Trump called their bluff and now suddenly they can't do
>>> it because of witnesses, case damage, blah, blah, blah.
>>>
>>> Of course the government is required by law to give every subject of a
>>> search warrant a copy of it. So Trump himself has to have the warrant and
>>> could release it at any time.
>>
>> I was under the impression that they either never gave it to him or it was
>> incomplete.
>
>That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
>profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a glaring
>media spotlight.

Since when have they cared about the legality of their actions, especially
when the liberal media will give them a pass?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<tfmenq$a9l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156401&group=rec.arts.tv#156401

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
now...
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 23:06:00 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:06 UTC

On 2022-08-23 7:39 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> That would be illegal and particularly stupid thing to do in such a high
>>> profile case where every action (and inaction) will picked over in a
>>> glaring media spotlight.
>
>> Oh? Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
>> serve a search warrant on?
>
> What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
> government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
> a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?
>
> Walk us through that step by step.

What Trump is demanding is not the warrant but the affidavit the warrant
was based on.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<atropos-B10A89.22374811092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156407&group=rec.arts.tv#156407

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <7f3fecab-4a3c-41a5-9fe2-49e8f4eacc1an@googlegroups.com> <170bbcbfc45bf5a3$1$965318$ad54064@news.newsdemon.com> <foNKK.107631$Eh2.57325@fx41.iad> <OiydnUqkM5tUQGb_nZ2dnZfqn_VQAAAA@giganews.com> <tdijqu$e5r9$6@dont-email.me> <SJKcnR7qLqx-mWD_nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com> <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org> <atropos-F8F558.18390623082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp> <tfmenq$a9l$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 22:37:49 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:37 UTC

In article <tfmenq$a9l$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2022-08-23 7:39 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> > David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Oh? Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
> >> serve a search warrant on?
> >
> > What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
> > government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
> > a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?
> >
> > Walk us through that step by step.
>
> What Trump is demanding is not the warrant but the affidavit the warrant
> was based on.

So your comment had no actual relevance to what *I* said, then. Glad we
cleared that up.

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<tfmhst$26lb9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156409&group=rec.arts.tv#156409

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:59:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:59 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <tfmenq$a9l$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-08-23 7:39 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:

>> > What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
>> > government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
>> > a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?
>> >
>> > Walk us through that step by step.
>>
>> What Trump is demanding is not the warrant but the affidavit the warrant
>> was based on.
>
>So your comment had no actual relevance to what *I* said, then. Glad we
>cleared that up.

This was never mentioned on Law & Order, so I have no clue: Is it
possible for the target of a search warrant to demand a probable cause
hearing before arrest and indictment in order to quash it and the
evidence found, or does it always have to wait till after?

Re: So...FBI and lib A.G. were thrilled to open warrant. Not so much now...

<tfn0j0$1nc1$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156439&group=rec.arts.tv#156439

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
now...
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 05:10:41 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:10 UTC

On 9/12/2022 12:06 AM, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2022-08-23 7:39 p.m., BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <te3p0p$lds$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
>>   David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Oh?  Do they have to give the identity of informants to everyone they
>>> serve a search warrant on?
>>
>> What is the mental journey you took from my statement-- "Of course the
>> government is required by law to give every subject of a search warrant
>> a copy of it"-- to identities of informants?
>>
>> Walk us through that step by step.
>
> What Trump is demanding is not the warrant but the affidavit the warrant
> was based on.

"Eunuch Derp the lawyer" doesn't seem to know that the difference is.