"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -- Mark Twain

arts / rec.arts.tv / Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

SubjectAuthor
* Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousIrish Mike
+* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousRhino
|`* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousRhino
|  `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousIrish Mike
|   `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousAdam H. Kerman
|    `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutioussuzeeq
|     `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousYour Name
|      `* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousAdam H. Kerman
|       `- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousA Friend
+* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousUbiquitous
|`- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousUbiquitous
+* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousUbiquitous
|`* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousThe Horny Goat
| +- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutiousshawn
| `- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousUbiquitous
`* Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousBTR1701
 +- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, UbiqutiousAdam H. Kerman
 +- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutioustrotsky
 `- Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutioustrotsky

1
Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<defc882a-23cd-4314-9f11-deeb843b3290n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156459&group=rec.arts.tv#156459

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 06:04:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:04 UTC

I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
posts and block "off topic" posters?

Thanks,

Irish Mike

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfnfq9$299cq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156467&group=rec.arts.tv#156467

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:30:31 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:30 UTC

On 2022-09-12 9:04 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
> posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
> posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
> at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
> 20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
> none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
> them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
> their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
> to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
> of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
> posts and block "off topic" posters?

I'm going to jump in, even though you didn't ask me, to save you from
having to wait for the others.

This is Usenet and this is an UNMODERATED newsgroup: there is no
moderator to remove spam. We've discussed becoming a moderated newsgroup
on occasion but the majority always rejected the idea so it's probably a
waste of your time to propose it again.

In an unmoderated group like this, spam is endemic. Either get used to
it OR use a newsreader that has a killfile so that you can list all the
lunatics, cranks, and spammers that are completely off-topic in them so
that you don't see their posts. (I use the newsreader built into Mozilla
Thunderbird and it does allow for a killfile - although they call it
message rules - but there are several others available.) You'll probably
never get rid of ALL of the spam but you can get it down to a tolerable
volume. If you persist in using Google Groups, I think you'll find that
there's no way to stop the spam; I don't think they offer anything like
a killfile.

--
Rhino

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfnntg$29vms$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156472&group=rec.arts.tv#156472

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:48:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:48 UTC

>On 2022-09-12 9:04 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

>>I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>>posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>>posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>>at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>>20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>>none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>>them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>>their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>>to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>>of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>>posts and block "off topic" posters?

>I'm going to jump in, even though you didn't ask me, to save you from
>having to wait for the others.

Not-Irish Mike could easily kill file any of these unwanted posts. The
authors don't seem to morph. He'd have to stop using Google Groups and
subscribe to a genuine News server and use a genuine newsreader. Google
Groups is the worst possible way to read Usenet given that kill filing
is limited to non-existent.

>This is Usenet and this is an UNMODERATED newsgroup: there is no
>moderator to remove spam. We've discussed becoming a moderated newsgroup
>on occasion but the majority always rejected the idea so it's probably a
>waste of your time to propose it again.

We cannot become a moderated newsgroup due to the decentralized nature
of Usenet. No one can force every News server out there to convert an
unmoderated group to a moderated group simultaneously. Moderated groups
are in addition to the unmoderated group.

But the problem that Google Groups users have with unwanted posts is
absolutely not a reason for moderation given that the solution is kill
filing.

Not-Irish Mike is stubborn. He could solve his own problem but won't be
told what to do.

>In an unmoderated group like this, spam is endemic. Either get used to
>it OR use a newsreader that has a killfile so that you can list all the
>lunatics, cranks, and spammers that are completely off-topic in them so
>that you don't see their posts.

Exactly right. In fact, if not-Irish Mike were to become a subscriber
on a genuine News server that has adequate spam countermeasures, he'd
see far less spam. Spam isn't countered one newsgroup at a time but
server-wide.

Google Groups is not known to have spam countermeasures. Hell, given the
Hews servers in Asia it peers with, it's a spam source for Usenet.

These are abusive posts. I suppose some of them could be cancellable
spam due to repetition but I don't know if it exceeds the threshold.

>(I use the newsreader built into Mozilla
>Thunderbird and it does allow for a killfile - although they call it
>message rules - but there are several others available.) You'll probably
>never get rid of ALL of the spam but you can get it down to a tolerable
>volume. If you persist in using Google Groups, I think you'll find that
>there's no way to stop the spam; I don't think they offer anything like
>a killfile.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfnt3k$2aaap$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156488&group=rec.arts.tv#156488

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:30:31 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:30 UTC

irishranger317@gmail.com wrote:

>I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>posts and block "off topic" posters?

Firstly, the "jew spam" is coming from someone trying tio disrupt RAT.

Secondly, Google groups doesn't have the capacity to killfile messages
and reporting them as 'spam abuse' only hides the subject of the posting.

One of these days, I'm going to complain to the ISP...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfnt6h$2aaap$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156489&group=rec.arts.tv#156489

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:18:57 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 18:18 UTC

In article <7214bf66-ab0e-4882-a2c7-b6122028e399n@googlegroups.com>, rander3128@gmail.com wrote:

>Unfortunately, Google has no mechanism to screen-out these people and so they can do what they like and people
>on google groups see it all.

Oh! What if you search for postings WITHOUT a word in the subject?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<_1GdnWjm_fELEYL-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156507&group=rec.arts.tv#156507

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:46:30 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:46 UTC

On Sep 12, 2022 at 6:04:12 AM PDT, "Irish Mike" <irishranger317@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
> posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
> posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
> at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
> 20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
> none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
> them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
> their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
> to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
> of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
> posts and block "off topic" posters?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Irish Mike

I use an actual newsreader (not Google Groups) and 10 minutes spent setting up
a series of filters eliminates 99.9% of those spam posts. About once a month,
I see one or two of them because they've varied it just enough that it gets by
the filters, but that's barely an inconvenience.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfp2tm$2giud$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156559&group=rec.arts.tv#156559

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 05:02:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 05:02 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 15:46:38 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>>On Sep 12, 2022 at 6:04:12 AM PDT, "Irish Mike" <irishra...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>>>posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>>>posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>>>at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>>>20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>>>none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>>>them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>>>their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>>>to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>>>of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>>>posts and block "off topic" posters?

>>I use an actual newsreader (not Google Groups) and 10 minutes
>>spent setting up a series of filters eliminates 99.9% of those spam
>>posts. About once a month, I see one or two of them because they've
>>varied it just enough that it gets by the filters, but that's barely
>>an inconvenience.

>That's the easy thing to do, but it does nothing to rid newsgroups of
>the parasites.

A newsgroup user is expected to behave like an adult and make his own
decision about what subjects and authors to kill file.

Given that you acknowledge it's the easy thing to do, why don't you
become a subscriber on a genuine News server and use a decent newsreader
with flexible kill filing capabilities? You complain about it a lot more
often than not-Irish Mike does.

>And the blanket spammers are ALL nutjob leftists.
>I don't care if someone posts 4-5 messages in a day, essentially the
>same message, but not 300.
>ISP's permitting this are violating usenet rules.

You don't know what you are talking about. If you think this is anything
like a Denial of Service attack, you're completely insane.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfpeg0$9k2$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156573&group=rec.arts.tv#156573

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 03:20:16 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:20 UTC

On 9/12/2022 2:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2022 at 6:04:12 AM PDT, "Irish Mike" <irishranger317@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>> posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>> posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>> at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>> 20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>> none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>> them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>> their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>> to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>> of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>> posts and block "off topic" posters?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Irish Mike
>
> I use an actual newsreader (not Google Groups) and 10 minutes spent setting up
> a series of filters eliminates 99.9% of those spam posts. About once a month,
> I see one or two of them because they've varied it just enough that it gets by
> the filters, but that's barely an inconvenience.

And can we also assume because you do sockpuppets you're sympathetic to
the plight of "Irish Mike"? Your sockpuppets are trash, so I don't
think "Irish Mike" is one of yours since he attempts to interject some
fake facts into the bullshit.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfpj80$gr6$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156586&group=rec.arts.tv#156586

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 04:41:20 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 09:41 UTC

On 9/12/2022 6:30 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 15:46:38 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Sep 12, 2022 at 6:04:12 AM PDT, "Irish Mike" <irishra...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>>> posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>>> posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>>> at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>>> 20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>>> none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>>> them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>>> their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>>> to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>>> of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>>> posts and block "off topic" posters?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Irish Mike
>> I use an actual newsreader (not Google Groups) and 10 minutes spent setting up
>> a series of filters eliminates 99.9% of those spam posts. About once a month,
>> I see one or two of them because they've varied it just enough that it gets by
>> the filters, but that's barely an inconvenience.
>
> That's the easy thing to do, but it does nothing to rid newsgroups of the parasites. And the blanket spammers are ALL nutjob leftists.
> I don't care if someone posts 4-5 messages in a day, essentially the same message, but not 300.
> ISP's permitting this are violating usenet rules.

OMG, Usenet rules! Like anyone gives a shit in the 21st century. I'm
not up to speed on this anyway, what are the rules about posting
binaries again?

LOL. I really laughed out loud this time.

Usenet rules, oh how I long for the days when my dial up speed was 28k!!
Life was so much simpler then.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfpp8r$2ifn2$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156610&group=rec.arts.tv#156610

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

rander3128@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 14:17:29 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> irishra...@gmail.com wrote:

>> >I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>> >posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>> >posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>> >at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>> >20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>> >none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>> >them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>> >their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>> >to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>> >of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>> >posts and block "off topic" posters?
>> Firstly, the "jew spam" is coming from someone trying tio disrupt RAT.
>>
>> Secondly, Google groups doesn't have the capacity to killfile messages
>> and reporting them as 'spam abuse' only hides the subject of the posting.
>>
>> One of these days, I'm going to complain to the ISP...

>> > From: Peeler <trol...@valid.invalid>
>> > Subject: Oh, no! Our Resident Pedo Swine (and Psychopathic Spammer) is SQUEALING like a Stuck Pig, again!
>> > Newsgroups: soc.culture.israel,talk.politics.guns,uk.legal,alt.politics,rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,uk.politics.misc
>> > Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 18:45:48 +0200
>
>The post you cite isn't the spammer, it's someone reacting to them.
>I do not know if the spammer is on Eternalseptember.

No, it's the same person replying to himself, and no, they're not using ES.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfqtir$2m83m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156660&group=rec.arts.tv#156660

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:43:53 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:43 UTC

On 2022-09-12 12:48 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-09-12 9:04 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
>
>>> I ping you three because you seem to be regular rec.arts.tv
>>> posters. My question is, who are these "Yo! Jew Paedophile"
>>> posters that dominate this group? My screen is set up to see 30 posts
>>> at a time and these crazy "Fore Skin Peeler" posts are always
>>> 20 to 25 of them. I've looked at some of their posts and
>>> none of them make any sense to me. And I don't ask
>>> them directly because, frankly, I don't want to get
>>> their list. Bottom line, nothing they post has anything
>>> to do with arts or bTV. Does this Google Group have any kind
>>> of "Administrator" who is supposed to keep track of
>>> posts and block "off topic" posters?
>
>> I'm going to jump in, even though you didn't ask me, to save you from
>> having to wait for the others.
>
> Not-Irish Mike could easily kill file any of these unwanted posts. The
> authors don't seem to morph. He'd have to stop using Google Groups and
> subscribe to a genuine News server and use a genuine newsreader. Google
> Groups is the worst possible way to read Usenet given that kill filing
> is limited to non-existent.
>
>> This is Usenet and this is an UNMODERATED newsgroup: there is no
>> moderator to remove spam. We've discussed becoming a moderated newsgroup
>> on occasion but the majority always rejected the idea so it's probably a
>> waste of your time to propose it again.
>
> We cannot become a moderated newsgroup due to the decentralized nature
> of Usenet. No one can force every News server out there to convert an
> unmoderated group to a moderated group simultaneously. Moderated groups
> are in addition to the unmoderated group.

Thanks for clearing that up; I had an imperfect understanding of how
moderated newsgroups worked.

> But the problem that Google Groups users have with unwanted posts is
> absolutely not a reason for moderation given that the solution is kill
> filing.
>
> Not-Irish Mike is stubborn. He could solve his own problem but won't be
> told what to do.
>
>> In an unmoderated group like this, spam is endemic. Either get used to
>> it OR use a newsreader that has a killfile so that you can list all the
>> lunatics, cranks, and spammers that are completely off-topic in them so
>> that you don't see their posts.
>
> Exactly right. In fact, if not-Irish Mike were to become a subscriber
> on a genuine News server that has adequate spam countermeasures, he'd
> see far less spam. Spam isn't countered one newsgroup at a time but
> server-wide.

Mike may not be aware that he doesn't have to pay for access to real
News servers. For instance, I've been using Eternal September for years
and have never paid a nickel for it. Of course the free news servers
typically don't offer binaries so if he is looking for TV programs or
porn via binaries, he'll have to pay for a news server that provides that.

--
Rhino

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<f1f9fa43-d911-4f86-a2dd-c2f659974c42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156665&group=rec.arts.tv#156665

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 00:35 UTC

On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:44:00 PM UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-09-12 12:48 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
> >> On 2022-09-12 9:04 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> Mike may not be aware that he doesn't have to pay for access to real
> News servers. For instance, I've been using Eternal September for years
> and have never paid a nickel for it.
> Rhino

Does "Eternal September" allow you to kill File certain posters?
Because that's all I'm really looking for.

Thanks,

Irish Mike

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfrkf1$2qo2p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156686&group=rec.arts.tv#156686

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:14:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:14 UTC

Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 5:44:00 PM UTC-4, Rhino wrote:

>>Mike may not be aware that he doesn't have to pay for access to real
>>News servers. For instance, I've been using Eternal September for years
>>and have never paid a nickel for it.
>>Rhino

>Does "Eternal September" allow you to kill File certain posters?
>Because that's all I'm really looking for.

Will you please listen?

No, it does not. news.eternal-september.org is a News server. A News
server would implement spam countermeasures and possibly NoCeMs.

Kill filing and scoring are techniques utilized by the USER if the
newsreader he uses has those features. My newsreader trn4 offers both
kill filing and scoring. The newsreader is used from the linux command
ilne; it's not using a graphical interface.

I can kill file on any header, including the Path header.

Thunderbird has a graphical interface and there are versions for Windows
or a linux graphical environment. It has more limited kill filing ability,
likely limited to From and Subject, but others will have to tell you. I
have no idea if it offers scoring, but I assume it does.

In the Mac world, options are far more limited.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<bpl2ihdletpsnsahfglta48up1a5r26o8e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156688&group=rec.arts.tv#156688

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:24:20 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:24 UTC

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:18:57 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>In article <7214bf66-ab0e-4882-a2c7-b6122028e399n@googlegroups.com>, rander3128@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, Google has no mechanism to screen-out these people and so they can do what they like and people
>>on google groups see it all.
>
>Oh! What if you search for postings WITHOUT a word in the subject?

And how would you do that in those binary groups using long
hexadecimal strings as their title?

(I've been using Agent for years and think I know their killfiling
mechanism but haven't yet worked out a kill filter that works for me)

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfrlgg$49e4$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156689&group=rec.arts.tv#156689

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:32:15 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:32 UTC

On 9/13/2022 9:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Mike may not be aware that he doesn't have to pay for access to real
>>> News servers. For instance, I've been using Eternal September for years
>>> and have never paid a nickel for it.
>>> Rhino
>
>> Does "Eternal September" allow you to kill File certain posters?
>> Because that's all I'm really looking for.
>
> Will you please listen?
>
> No, it does not. news.eternal-september.org is a News server. A News
> server would implement spam countermeasures and possibly NoCeMs.
>
> Kill filing and scoring are techniques utilized by the USER if the
> newsreader he uses has those features. My newsreader trn4 offers both
> kill filing and scoring. The newsreader is used from the linux command
> ilne; it's not using a graphical interface.
>
> I can kill file on any header, including the Path header.
>
> Thunderbird has a graphical interface and there are versions for Windows
> or a linux graphical environment. It has more limited kill filing ability,
> likely limited to From and Subject, but others will have to tell you. I
> have no idea if it offers scoring, but I assume it does.

I don't think it does. However, I've got the guys he's complaining about
killfiled, either by name or by newsgroup, filtering out alt.politics
and the like.

> In the Mac world, options are far more limited.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<iep2ih1f73g24kgv9ap8v3c8evhmmk1918@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156693&group=rec.arts.tv#156693

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:28:16 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:28 UTC

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:24:20 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:18:57 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>wrote:
>
>>In article <7214bf66-ab0e-4882-a2c7-b6122028e399n@googlegroups.com>, rander3128@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>Unfortunately, Google has no mechanism to screen-out these people and so they can do what they like and people
>>>on google groups see it all.
>>
>>Oh! What if you search for postings WITHOUT a word in the subject?
>
>And how would you do that in those binary groups using long
>hexadecimal strings as their title?
>
>(I've been using Agent for years and think I know their killfiling
>mechanism but haven't yet worked out a kill filter that works for me)

I've ended up giving up on those newsgroups in a news reader like
Agent after they get flooded by those posts. If they just used a
single poster name then it would be fine but they end up using random
names on every post. However you can still get useful information out
of them by using a search engine that works on the unrar'ed files like
Easynews web server or some of the NZB search engines.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfrp8t$tmp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156695&group=rec.arts.tv#156695

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 17:36:29 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:36 UTC

On 9/13/2022 9:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> In the Mac world, options are far more limited.

Not really.

There are MacOS newsreader apps. Plus if you really have to you can
run any Windoze or Linux app under virtualisation (VMWare Fusion is
free for individual use). Plus of course emulation for things like
AmigaOS newsreaders.

So technically "in the Mac world" there are actually *more* "options"
than in Windoze world where you can't run any Mac apps (at least not
legally).

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<tfrpju$2r17e$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156696&group=rec.arts.tv#156696

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:42:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:42 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 9/13/2022 9:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>In the Mac world, options are far more limited.

>Not really.

>There are MacOS newsreader apps.

I'm talking about flexible kill files and scoring techniques. If you
have a newsreader to recommend that does those things well, name it. I'm
happy to hear what it is.

>Plus if you really have to you can
>run any Windoze or Linux app under virtualisation (VMWare Fusion is
>free for individual use). Plus of course emulation for things like
>AmigaOS newsreaders.

So what? It's possible to run a virtual operating system environment on
a computer with these tools. That's not what we are discussing.

>So technically "in the Mac world" there are actually *more* "options"
>than in Windoze world where you can't run any Mac apps (at least not
>legally).

Way to miss the point.

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<N9CdnZw_N8TeD7z-nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156705&group=rec.arts.tv#156705

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:05:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:05 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> rander3128@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, Google has no mechanism to screen-out these people and so
>>> they can do what they like and people on google groups see it all.
>>
>>Oh! What if you search for postings WITHOUT a word in the subject?
>
>And how would you do that in those binary groups using long
>hexadecimal strings as their title?

What? Does Google Groups even archive binary newsfroups?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Ping RichA, BTR1701, Ubiqutious

<140920220803151164%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156742&group=rec.arts.tv#156742

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:03:15 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:03 UTC

In article <tfrpju$2r17e$3@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> >On 9/13/2022 9:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
> >>In the Mac world, options are far more limited.
>
> >Not really.
>
> >There are MacOS newsreader apps.
>
> I'm talking about flexible kill files and scoring techniques. If you
> have a newsreader to recommend that does those things well, name it. I'm
> happy to hear what it is.

I've been using Thoth for years. I don't think the author supports it
anymore, but it will do what you want.

Caveat: I don't know if it still works under current operating systems.
I'm still running 10.12.6 (Sierra).