"...a most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Kahn!" -- _Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure_

arts / rec.arts.tv / Monarch....nope!

SubjectAuthor
* Monarch....nope!Bill Idgerant
+- Re: Monarch....nope!Ian J. Ball
`- Re: Monarch....nope!Ubiquitous

1
Monarch....nope!

<09ITK.25556$0qy7.20468@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156469&group=rec.arts.tv#156469

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Subject: Monarch....nope!
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:22:36 -0600
 by: Bill Idgerant - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:22 UTC

Perhaps this was an attempt to weave together Dynasty, Dallas, Nashville
and Yellowstone...and maybe Empire. With headline cast members such as
Susan Sarandon and Anna Friel (A Brit who was amazing in Marcella). But
our recording started a couple of minutes late because of when the
football game ended and so we missed the opening which I understand was
full of mysterious dead people and fires. Still, what we saw of the
family, and the confrontation between Mom and daughter on the driveway
was enough to convince us that this was LAME!

We're not going to bother with this any further.
--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Monarch....nope!

<tfnjgi$29k6j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156470&group=rec.arts.tv#156470

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Monarch....nope!
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 08:33:38 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 15:33 UTC

On 2022-09-12 15:22:36 +0000, Bill Idgerant said:

> Perhaps this was an attempt to weave together Dynasty, Dallas,
> Nashville and Yellowstone...and maybe Empire. With headline cast
> members such as Susan Sarandon and Anna Friel (A Brit who was amazing
> in Marcella). But our recording started a couple of minutes late
> because of when the football game ended and so we missed the opening
> which I understand was full of mysterious dead people and fires. Still,
> what we saw of the family, and the confrontation between Mom and
> daughter on the driveway was enough to convince us that this was LAME!
>
> We're not going to bother with this any further.

I WQ'ed it from the start.

Re: Monarch....nope!

<tfnsm3$2aaap$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156486&group=rec.arts.tv#156486

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:10:11 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 18:10 UTC

In article <09ITK.25556$0qy7.20468@fx40.iad>, Noname@fake.net wrote:

> Perhaps this was an attempt to weave together Dynasty, Dallas, Nashville
> and Yellowstone...and maybe Empire.

I assumed it was an attempt to recreate the success of EMPIRE by changing the
protagonist from rap/hip-hop to country music.

--
Let's go Brandon!