Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Dem Senator Uses 9/11 Anniversary To Bring Up January 6th
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 21:09:35 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 01:09 UTC

On the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, Sen.
Mark Warner (D-VA) invoked the January 6th Capitol riot.

Appearing on CBS News's "Face the Nation" Sunday, Warner compared the
terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001, in which nearly 3,000
Americans died, to the Capitol riot on January 6th, 2021. He said the
nation needs to recapture the "unity of spirit" felt on 9/11 to counter
"election deniers" and January 6.

"I remember as most Americans do where they were on 9/11," said Warner.
"I was in it is middle of a political campaign and suddenly the
differences with my opponent seemed very small in comparison. And our
country came together. The stunning thing to me is, here we are 20
years later and the attack on the symbol of our democracy was not
coming from terrorists but it came from literally insurgents attacking
the Capitol on January 6th. So, I believe we are stronger. But I do
worry about some of the activity in this country where the election
deniers, the insurgency that took place on January 6th. That is
something I hope we can see that same kind of unity of spirit."

"I think the threat of terror has diminished," Sen. Mark
Warner says, reflecting on where the country is now 21 years
after the attacks of 9/11.

"I do worry about some of the activity in this country where
the election deniers, the insurgency that took place on
January 6th."
pic.twitter.com/2v9OVEhbko

- Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) September 11, 2022

Warner was among the most high-profile Democrats to compare January 6th
and September 11th, but he was not alone.

"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd opened the program on Sunday by
placing the two events together. "Today is September 11th," Todd said.
"It was 21 years ago we were attacked by foreign terrorists. Not quite
20 years after 9/11, the Capitol came under attack from domestic
terrorists."

Warner's comments also followed several left-wing Twitter users also
made such comparisons.

"21 years since terror attacks of 9/11. Then the terror attack of 1/6,"
PoliticsUSA editor-in-chief Sarah Reese Jones wrote on Twitter.
"Defending this country from attacks foreign and domestic should never
be divisive."

"September 11 was a terrorist attack. January 6 was a terrorist
attack," Lawyer and commentator for CNN and MSNBC, Tristan Snell,
added.

"I will always remember how angry and sad I felt the day our country
was attacked," Georgia state Representative Erick Allen (D) tweeted.
"The lives lost and the families impacted demand we continue to hold
those who attack our democracy accountable. This is true for 9/11/2001
just as it is for 1/6/2021. #NeverForget"

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Dem Senator Uses 9/11 Anniversary To Bring Up January 6th

<tfnblt$15eb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156461&group=rec.arts.tv#156461

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 04:50:31 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:50 UTC

On 9/11/2022 9:45 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>On the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, Sen.
>Mark Warner (D-VA) invoked the January 6th Capitol riot.
>
>Appearing on CBS News's "Face the Nation" Sunday, Warner compared the
>terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001, in which nearly 3,000
>Americans died, to the Capitol riot on January 6th, 2021. He said the
>nation needs to recapture the "unity of spirit" felt on 9/11 to counter
>"election deniers" and January 6.
>
>"I remember as most Americans do where they were on 9/11," said Warner.
>"I was in it is middle of a political campaign and suddenly the
>differences with my opponent seemed very small in comparison. And our
>country came together. The stunning thing to me is, here we are 20
>years later and the attack on the symbol of our democracy was not
>coming from terrorists but it came from literally insurgents attacking
>the Capitol on January 6th. So, I believe we are stronger. But I do
>worry about some of the activity in this country where the election
>deniers, the insurgency that took place on January 6th. That is
>something I hope we can see that same kind of unity of spirit."
>
> "I think the threat of terror has diminished," Sen. Mark
> Warner says, reflecting on where the country is now 21 years
> after the attacks of 9/11.
>
> "I do worry about some of the activity in this country where
> the election deniers, the insurgency that took place on
> January 6th."
> pic.twitter.com/2v9OVEhbko
>
> - Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) September 11, 2022
>
>Warner was among the most high-profile Democrats to compare January 6th
>and September 11th, but he was not alone.
>
>"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd opened the program on Sunday by
>placing the two events together. "Today is September 11th," Todd said.
>"It was 21 years ago we were attacked by foreign terrorists. Not quite
>20 years after 9/11, the Capitol came under attack from domestic
>terrorists."
>
>Warner's comments also followed several left-wing Twitter users also
>made such comparisons.
>
>"21 years since terror attacks of 9/11. Then the terror attack of 1/6,"
>PoliticsUSA editor-in-chief Sarah Reese Jones wrote on Twitter.
>"Defending this country from attacks foreign and domestic should never
>be divisive."
>
>"September 11 was a terrorist attack. January 6 was a terrorist
>attack," Lawyer and commentator for CNN and MSNBC, Tristan Snell,
>added.
>
>"I will always remember how angry and sad I felt the day our country
>was attacked," Georgia state Representative Erick Allen (D) tweeted.
>"The lives lost and the families impacted demand we continue to hold
>those who attack our democracy accountable. This is true for 9/11/2001
>just as it is for 1/6/2021. #NeverForget"

They aren�t wrong. The failed insurrection on January 6 is an embarrassment
for the Nation and the GOP. Get rid of the orange draft dodger now. Return to
values of courage and fidelity.

Re: Dem Senator Uses 9/11 Anniversary To Bring Up January 6th

<tfpctc$1hpp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156566&group=rec.arts.tv#156566

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 02:53:19 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 07:53 UTC

On 9/12/2022 9:46 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 September 2022 at 21:09:44 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> On the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, Sen.
>> Mark Warner (D-VA) invoked the January 6th Capitol riot.
>>
>> Appearing on CBS News's "Face the Nation" Sunday, Warner compared the
>> terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001, in which nearly 3,000
>> Americans died, to the Capitol riot on January 6th, 2021. He said the
>> nation needs to recapture the "unity of spirit" felt on 9/11 to counter
>> "election deniers" and January 6.
>>

> Yes, it's hard to come by a distraction like a war to avoid internal differences...

Is number of deaths the only yardstick then? Or does this just server
your sniveling, pathetic agenda? For some motherfucking reason, for
example, you don't seem to mention number of deaths in conjunction with
the severity of the Covid pandemic, but then I called it correctly, I
believe, when "guys" like you and Derp, and Ubie Pubie for that matter,
are total eunuchs, didn't I.