Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.censorship,alt.free-speech.moderated
Subject: British TV Network Censors Comedian John Oliver's Jokes About Queen Elizabeth II
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 21:20:00 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:20 UTC

Comedian John Oliver found himself on the wrong side of censors in the
United Kingdom after he chose to include jokes about the late Queen
Elizabeth II on his HBO show following her death.

Sky News, which is owned by Comcast, cut out a short segment of the
British comedian�s monologue during which he made several jokes about
the overall response to the late queen�s passing. Queen Elizabeth II
passed away at her summer home in Scotland, Balmoral Castle, late last
week.

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/ymO57ptd8TE

�But obviously, we need to start with the UK, which is clearly still
reeling from the shocking death of a 96-year-old woman from natural
causes,� Oliver segued to the queen after opening with a joke about the
president of Chile.

�It is a big moment which, for some reason, absolutely everyone felt
that they had to weigh in on from Crazy Frog, which tweeted out �RIP
the Queen� and a candle emoji � to Domino�s UK which posted, �Everyone
at Domino�s joins the nation and the world in mourning the death of
Queen Elizabeth II. Our thoughts and condolences are with the royal
family,'� Oliver continued.

�Which, I guess, is nice, although if the world is mourning, they
should maybe tell the U.S. Domino�s account, whose most recent tweet as
of this taping is �if ur reading this it means u need pizza like to
confirm,'� Oliver said, adding, �Get your f***ing house in order,
Domino�s! A LADY IS DEAD.�

Oliver then pivoted to use the news of the queen�s death to attack
Britain�s new Prime Minister, Liz Truss � with whom the queen had met
just 48 hours prior to her passing.

WATCH:

One clue that new Conservative British Prime Minister Liz
Truss might be the real deal when it comes to her right-leaning
polices is that vile John Oliver despises her. The leftist HBO
host on Sunday seethed that she's "Margaret Thatcher if she
were high on glue !" pic.twitter.com/KftQuH8JGg

� Scott Whitlock (@ScottJW) September 12, 2022

�The Queen�s death is sadly not the only traumatic event that Britain
has had to deal with this week, because on Tuesday, Liz Truss,
basically Margaret Thatcher if she were high on glue, became its new
prime minister,� Oliver said.

He continued to go after Truss in the moments that followed, adding,
�The nicest thing the Queen of England ever did for anyone was die the
week that woman became prime minister!�

How much is John Oliver a hater of all things conservative?
After a free market clip of new Brit PM Liz Truss, he snarled,
"The nicest thing the Queen of England ever did for anyone was
die the week that woman became prime minister!"
pic.twitter.com/x8BYErk4mn

� Scott Whitlock (@ScottJW) September 12, 2022

Oliver took home an Emmy Award on Monday night for Outstanding Variety
Talk Series.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: British TV Network Censors Comedian John Oliver's Jokes About Queen Elizabeth II

<tfrb81$2q4aq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156678&group=rec.arts.tv#156678

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.censorship,alt.tv.hbo
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:37:05 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:37 UTC

Good for them - John Oliver is a noxious fool.

Re: British TV Network Censors Comedian John Oliver's Jokes About Queen Elizabeth II

<tfs04l$2rc1p$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156702&group=rec.arts.tv#156702

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.censorship,alt.free-speech.moderated
Subject: Re: British TV Network Censors Comedian John Oliver's Jokes About
Queen Elizabeth II
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:33:40 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 07:33 UTC

Am Dienstag, 13. September 2022, um 21:20:00 Uhr schrieb Ubiquitous:

> Comedian John Oliver found himself on the wrong side of censors in
> the United Kingdom after he chose to include jokes about the late
> Queen Elizabeth II on his HBO show following her death.
>
> Sky News, which is owned by Comcast, cut out a short segment of the
> British comedian_s monologue during which he made several jokes about
> the overall response to the late queen_s passing. Queen Elizabeth II
> passed away at her summer home in Scotland, Balmoral Castle, late
> last week.

It is rather interesting and scary that UK still protects their
monarchy in that way.
I also read about detention of protesters against the new king.

Re: British TV Network Censors Comedian John Oliver's Jokes About Queen Elizabeth II

<tfse12$2teap$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156741&group=rec.arts.tv#156741

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.censorship,alt.free-speech.moderated
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:30:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <tfs04l$2rc1p$11@dont-email.me>, mo01@posteo.de wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. September 2022, um 21:20:00 Uhr schrieb Ubiquitous:

>> Comedian John Oliver found himself on the wrong side of censors in
>> the United Kingdom after he chose to include jokes about the late
>> Queen Elizabeth II on his HBO show following her death.
>>
>> Sky News, which is owned by Comcast, cut out a short segment of the
>> British comedian_s monologue during which he made several jokes about
>> the overall response to the late queen_s passing. Queen Elizabeth II
>> passed away at her summer home in Scotland, Balmoral Castle, late
>> last week.
>
>It is rather interesting and scary that UK still protects their
>monarchy in that way.

Unlike America, they don't have the 1st Amenendment.
Well, in theory, we do.

>I also read about detention of protesters against the new king.

#MeToo

--
Let's go Brandon!