Art is anything you can get away with. -- Marshall McLuhan.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

SubjectAuthor
* My Queen Elizabeth joke.trotsky
`* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.moviePig
 +* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
 |`* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.suzeeq
 | +* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
 | |`* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.suzeeq
 | | `* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
 | |  +* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.suzeeq
 | |  |`* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.SearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi
 | |  | `- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
 | |  `- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.trotsky
 | `* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.shawn
 |  `- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.suzeeq
 +* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Irish Mike
 |`- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
 +- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.trotsky
 `* Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Irish Mike
  +- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.Your Name
  `- Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.trotsky

1
My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfdnea$19r0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155915&group=rec.arts.tv#155915

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: My Queen Elizabeth joke.
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:39:22 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 21:39 UTC

New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
parade.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<93uSK.260747$wLZ8.224742@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155929&group=rec.arts.tv#155929

Subject: Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 18:31:33 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 22:31 UTC

On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor.  Queen
> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
> parade.

Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfdtta$1m41$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155936&group=rec.arts.tv#155936

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 11:29:46 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:29 UTC

On 2022-09-08 22:31:33 +0000, moviePig said:
> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor.  Queen
>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>> parade.
>
> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.

There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to
pay their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will
also be a huge television event.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfdusu$125g6$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155939&group=rec.arts.tv#155939

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:46:37 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:46 UTC

On 9/8/2022 4:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-09-08 22:31:33 +0000, moviePig said:
>> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor.  Queen
>>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>>> parade.
>>
>> Good one.  Especially if that's true about the parade.
>
> There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
> weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to pay
> their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will also be
> a huge television event.

Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official train
car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their respects along
the way.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<5acb065a-b13a-45f5-a986-de2350bd3e74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155967&group=rec.arts.tv#155967

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 20:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 03:18 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
> > New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
> > Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
> > parade.
> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.

Coming from an Irish rebel family I've little use for brit royalty. However,
I was in Dublin when Queen Elizabeth visited there about ten years ago and must say
she was the talk of the town. She was the first reigning Brit monarch
to visit the Republic in a 100 years.

I also think Kate Middleton is the epitome of class and dignity.
The rest of the Brit royals can piss off and that includes
the new King Chucky - who has been waiting for his mum to vacate
the throne for the last 50 years! And, for the love go God, will the Brits
please pay for their new Queen, Camilla Parker-Bowles, to make a trip to
a dentist!

Irish Mike

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfennp$1ik4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155982&group=rec.arts.tv#155982

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:50:33 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:50 UTC

On 2022-09-08 23:46:37 +0000, suzeeq said:
> On 9/8/2022 4:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>>
>>> Good one.  Especially if that's true about the parade.
>>
>> There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
>> weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to
>> pay their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will
>> also be a huge television event.
>
> Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official
> train car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their respects
> along the way.

Nope. It will just be the standard London procession as happened for
Prince Philip, Queen Mother, Diana, etc., albeit with more ceremony.

Everyone else will be able to watch it on TV. Some people and places
may well hold special events so groups can get together to watch. No
doubt in places like New Zealand it will be broadcast live in the
middle of the night here as well as repeated at a more sensible hour
the next day. There will also be a lot of bumped regular programming
over the next few days and weeks.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfeo0o$1lpm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155983&group=rec.arts.tv#155983

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:55:20 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:55 UTC

On 2022-09-09 03:18:13 +0000, Irish Mike said:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
>> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
>>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>>> parade.
>> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.
>
> Coming from an Irish rebel family I've little use for brit royalty. However,
> I was in Dublin when Queen Elizabeth visited there about ten years ago
> and must say she was the talk of the town. She was the first reigning
> Brit monarch to visit the Republic in a 100 years.
>
> I also think Kate Middleton is the epitome of class and dignity. The
> rest of the Brit royals can piss off and that includes the new King
> Chucky - who has been waiting for his mum to vacate the throne for the
> last 50 years!

If Ol' Big Ears doesn't quickly resign, it's going to be a rough future
until nature kicks him out. William and Kate would be much better for
the job. In fact, Charlie's hopelessness could easily be the cause of
the end of the Monarchy in many commonwealth countries, if not in
Britain itself.

> And, for the love go God, will the Brits please pay for their new
> Queen, Camilla Parker-Bowles, to make a trip to a dentist!

Dentist?! More like the glue and pet food factories like all other old
horses. ;-)

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfeo1l$1lh9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155984&group=rec.arts.tv#155984

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 01:55:49 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:55 UTC

On 9/8/2022 5:31 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor.  Queen
>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>> parade.
>
> Good one.  Especially if that's true about the parade.

Oh, are you heading up the new truth in humor coalition?

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<2hemhh113l3pt7ttrci1ef3m410aanbet8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156012&group=rec.arts.tv#156012

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 09:06:36 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 13:06 UTC

On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:46:37 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 9/8/2022 4:29 PM, Your Name wrote:
>>>
>>> Good one.  Especially if that's true about the parade.
>>
>> There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
>> weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to pay
>> their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will also be
>> a huge television event.
>>

>Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official train
>car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their respects along
>the way.

This video lays out what is supposed to happen over the next few days.
I skipped ahead of the intro to the meat of the discussion:
https://youtu.be/Zs3VYQzpAkg?t=289
from TLDR News UK

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tffetc$1307o$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156013&group=rec.arts.tv#156013

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:26:03 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 13:26 UTC

On 9/8/2022 11:50 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-09-08 23:46:37 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
>>> weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to
>>> pay their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will
>>> also be a huge television event.
>>
>> Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official
>> train car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their
>> respects along the way.
>
> Nope. It will just be the standard London procession as happened for
> Prince Philip, Queen Mother, Diana, etc., albeit with more ceremony.

Actually, I heard later that there will be a memorial in Edinburgh, then
her body will travel by train to London.

> Everyone else will be able to watch it on TV. Some people and places may
> well hold special events so groups can get together to watch. No doubt
> in places like New Zealand it will be broadcast live in the middle of
> the night here as well as repeated at a more sensible hour the next day.
> There will also be a lot of bumped regular programming over the next few
> days and weeks.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfff11$1307o$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156014&group=rec.arts.tv#156014

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:28:01 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 13:28 UTC

On 9/9/2022 6:06 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2022 16:46:37 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> There will be a funeral procession, similar to the ones for royal
>>> weddings with a carriage going through the streets for the public to pay
>>> their respects before the funeral in the church. All of it will also be
>>> a huge television event.
>>>

>> Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official train
>> car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their respects along
>> the way.
>
> This video lays out what is supposed to happen over the next few days.
> I skipped ahead of the intro to the meat of the discussion:
> https://youtu.be/Zs3VYQzpAkg?t=289
> from TLDR News UK

Thanks, I heard later last night what the plans are.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfge10$lg6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156083&group=rec.arts.tv#156083

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:17:04 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 22:17 UTC

On 2022-09-09 13:26:03 +0000, suzeeq said:
> On 9/8/2022 11:50 PM, Your Name wrote:

>>> Will there be a procession from Scotland to London, or an official
>>> train car, so people who can't make it to London can pay their respects
>>> along the way.
>>
>> Nope. It will just be the standard London procession as happened for
>> Prince Philip, Queen Mother, Diana, etc., albeit with more ceremony.
>
> Actually, I heard later that there will be a memorial in Edinburgh,
> then her body will travel by train to London.

There will be memorials all over the planet, but the two main castles
are in Scotland and London, and she died in Scotland, so that would
make sense.

The train may or may not be publicly announced, but it won't be
stopping en route. If it is publically announced, then you will of
course get people at the various stations and trackside along the route
as the train goes past.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<c502b01c-9b26-4221-a05e-02b7339e55ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156088&group=rec.arts.tv#156088

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:17:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 23:17 UTC

On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
> > New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
> > Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
> > parade.
> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.

And, she will get a 96 gun salute - one for each year.

Irish Mike

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfgitc$129u4$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156091&group=rec.arts.tv#156091

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 16:40:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 23:40 UTC

On 9/9/2022 3:17 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-09-09 13:26:03 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Nope. It will just be the standard London procession as happened for
>>> Prince Philip, Queen Mother, Diana, etc., albeit with more ceremony.
>>
>> Actually, I heard later that there will be a memorial in Edinburgh,
>> then her body will travel by train to London.
>
> There will be memorials all over the planet, but the two main castles
> are in Scotland and London, and she died in Scotland, so that would make
> sense.
>
> The train may or may not be publicly announced, but it won't be stopping
> en route. If it is publically announced, then you will of course get
> people at the various stations and trackside along the route as the
> train goes past.

No, it won't make any stops but they're expecting people to view it as
it makes its way south.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfgo7j$1s3r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156106&group=rec.arts.tv#156106

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:11:15 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:11 UTC

On 2022-09-09 23:17:54 +0000, Irish Mike said:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
>> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>>
>>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
>>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>>> parade.
>>
>> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.
>
> And, she will get a 96 gun salute - one for each year.
>
> Irish Mike

There's already lots of salutes in the last day or so in various places
around teh world, 96 guns or bells being rung 96 times ... both no
doubt to the "enjoyment" of the locals. ;-)

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfho6s$nj6$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156161&group=rec.arts.tv#156161

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:16:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:16 UTC

On 9/9/2022 5:17 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-09-09 13:26:03 +0000, suzeeq said:

>>> Nope. It will just be the standard London procession as happened for
>>> Prince Philip, Queen Mother, Diana, etc., albeit with more ceremony.
>>
>> Actually, I heard later that there will be a memorial in Edinburgh,
>> then her body will travel by train to London.
>
> There will be memorials all over the planet,

Can you tell us about the ones in Palestine, Syria, Yemen and the like?
You stupid fuck.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfhp4b$14bn$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156165&group=rec.arts.tv#156165

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:32:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:32 UTC

On 9/9/2022 6:17 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:31:39 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
>> On 9/8/2022 5:39 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>> New UK prime minister is going to have a parade in her honor. Queen
>>> Elizabeth choose to pass away because she didn't want to reign on her
>>> parade.
>> Good one. Especially if that's true about the parade.
>
> And, she will get a 96 gun salute - one for each year.

Does England even have that many guns? It's not a shithole like the
U.S. vis a vis gun control.

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<9aef7992-1d55-491a-babb-047fe3111bben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156800&group=rec.arts.tv#156800

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 18:08:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (SearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi)
 by: SearchWarrantStation - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:08 UTC

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 6:40:33 PM UTC-5, suzeeq wrote:
> On 9/9/2022 3:17 PM, Your Name wrote:

> >> Actually, I heard later that there will be a memorial in Edinburgh,
> >> then her body will travel by train to London.
> >
> > There will be memorials all over the planet, but the two main castles
> > are in Scotland and London, and she died in Scotland, so that would make
> > sense.
> >
> > The train may or may not be publicly announced, but it won't be stopping
> > en route. If it is publically announced, then you will of course get
> > people at the various stations and trackside along the route as the
> > train goes past.
> >
> No, it won't make any stops but they're expecting people to view it as
> it makes its way south.

Wow, all those fancy costumes get pulled from closets by the fancy boy council, sitting in mothballs for 70 years. And the powdered wigs too!

Re: My Queen Elizabeth joke.

<tfu4aa$1k1a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156807&group=rec.arts.tv#156807

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 14:57:14 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 02:57 UTC

On 2022-09-15 01:08:09 +0000, SearchWarrantStationary@SonnyCrockett.fbi said:
> On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 6:40:33 PM UTC-5, suzeeq wrote:

>>> There will be memorials all over the planet, but the two main castles
>>> are in Scotland and London, and she died in Scotland, so that would make
>>> sense.
>>>
>>> The train may or may not be publicly announced, but it won't be stopping
>>> en route. If it is publically announced, then you will of course get
>>> people at the various stations and trackside along the route as the
>>> train goes past.
>>
>> No, it won't make any stops but they're expecting people to view it as
>> it makes its way south.
>
> Wow, all those fancy costumes get pulled from closets by the fancy boy
> council, sitting in mothballs for 70 years. And the powdered wigs too!

Many of those costumes (and carriages, etc.) get used relatively
regularly for things like royal weddings, Jubilee ceremonies, etc. A
few also for other ceremonies like the opening of parliament each year.

They're also probably checked and clean monthly to be ready for such a
sudden occasion.