A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

SubjectAuthor
* Nastiness in movie theatresRhino
+* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresBTR1701
|+- Re: Nastiness in movie theatrestrotsky
|`- Re: Nastiness in movie theatresRhino
+- Re: Nastiness in movie theatrestrotsky
+* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresRhino
| `* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresanim8rfsk
|  `- Re: Nastiness in movie theatrestrotsky
`* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresThe Horny Goat
 `* Re: Nastiness in movie theatresRhino
  `- violence in India, was: Nastiness in movie theatresdanny burstein

1
Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfr5ij$2mtuu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156661&group=rec.arts.tv#156661

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Nastiness in movie theatres
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:00:17 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 00:00 UTC

We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
home town of Kitchener:

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558

Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
theatres before showtime.

I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
militant Sikhs.)

--
Rhino

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<QBKdnZz47OMTs7z-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156676&group=rec.arts.tv#156676

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nastiness in movie theatres
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:29:50 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:29 UTC

On Sep 13, 2022 at 5:00:17 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
wrote:

> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
> home town of Kitchener:
>

> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>
> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
> theatres before showtime.
>
> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
> they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
> the way of these vandals.

I'm telling you, a few of this shitbags get kneecapped by security guards with
baseball bats and this nonsense would stop real quick.

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfs50m$1rqi$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156713&group=rec.arts.tv#156713

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 03:56:57 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:56 UTC

On 9/13/2022 8:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2022 at 5:00:17 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
>> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
>> home town of Kitchener:
>>

>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>>
>> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
>> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
>> theatres before showtime.
>>
>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>> they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>> the way of these vandals.
>
> I'm telling you, a few of this shitbags

What?

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfs6g1$2s86m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156714&group=rec.arts.tv#156714

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:22:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:22 UTC

On 2022-09-13 9:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2022 at 5:00:17 PM PDT, "Rhino" <no_offline_contact@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
>> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
>> home town of Kitchener:
>>

>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>>
>> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
>> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
>> theatres before showtime.
>>
>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>> they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>> the way of these vandals.
>
> I'm telling you, a few of this shitbags get kneecapped by security guards with
> baseball bats and this nonsense would stop real quick.

But that would be RACIST so that would never happen. Besides, you'd be
depriving these promising youth of their opportunity to express themselves.

(I'm half serious with that last sentence. I remember once being part of
a discussion where someone expressed frustration with having their
property vandalized by graffiti; one woman countered with the "argument"
that they were just expressing themselves and telling the world that
they were there or words to that effect. I just gaped at her in
astonishment but I wanted to say "Then let them express themselves on
their OWN damned property, not things that were public property or
someone else's!)

--
Rhino

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfs70p$11lm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156716&group=rec.arts.tv#156716

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:31:04 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:31 UTC

On 9/13/2022 8:46 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 September 2022 at 20:00:24 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
>> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
>> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
>> home town of Kitchener:
>>
>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>>
>> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
>> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
>> theatres before showtime.
>>
>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>> they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>> the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
>> that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
>> from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
>> crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
>> variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
>> disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
>> between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
>> to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
>> militant Sikhs.)
>>
>> --
>> Rhino
>
> Bringing their little tribal disputes to Canada. More proof these creatures never intend to
> integrate,

That sounds EXACTLY like white supremacy you stupid, brainless obtuse
motherfucker. That's why I read this group, the stupid shit makes me
laugh harder than any comedy ever could.

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<1846145197.684841284.157724.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156723&group=rec.arts.tv#156723

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 02:42:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 09:42 UTC

> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
> home town of Kitchener:
>
> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>
> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
> theatres before showtime.
>
> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
> they're not cheap.

Mr. google says $10,000 and up to $100,000 for IMAX.

I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
> the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
> that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
> from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
> crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
> variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
> disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
> between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
> to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
> militant Sikhs.)

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfssdj$30s66$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156749&group=rec.arts.tv#156749

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 11:36:18 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:36 UTC

On 2022-09-14 5:42 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
>> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
>> home town of Kitchener:
>>
>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>>
>> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
>> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
>> theatres before showtime.
>>
>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>> they're not cheap.
>

> Mr. google says $10,000 and up to $100,000 for IMAX.

Yikes, that's not cheap! I don't imagine you can just go to a local
store to get another one or install it yourself so I'm betting that
particular cinema is going to be offline for days or weeks while
ordering in a new screen and getting it installed.

--
Rhino

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<1318594123.684870736.543594.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156761&group=rec.arts.tv#156761

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 11:03:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 18:03 UTC

> On 2022-09-14 5:42 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>> We've been having a problem in movie theatres in Ontario when we show
>>> certain movies from India. The problem happened again recently in my
>>> home town of Kitchener:
>>>
>>> https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/attacks-happen-like-clockwork-film-distributors-upset-with-continued-screen-slashing-1.6065558
>>>
>>> Apparently, certain individuals are literally destroying the screens in
>>> the theatres - and releasing unnamed "noxious substances" - in empty
>>> theatres before showtime.
>>>
>>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>>> they're not cheap.
>>

>> Mr. google says $10,000 and up to $100,000 for IMAX.
>
> Yikes, that's not cheap! I don't imagine you can just go to a local
> store to get another one or install it yourself so I'm betting that
> particular cinema is going to be offline for days or weeks while
> ordering in a new screen and getting it installed.
>

>> I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>>> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>>> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>>> the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
>>> that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
>>> from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
>>> crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
>>> variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
>>> disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
>>> between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
>>> to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
>>> militant Sikhs.)

I don’t know about these new screens for digital projection but in the good
old film days screens were very complex. Sometimes they’re filled with a
myriad of tiny holes so you can put speakers behind them and the sound
passes to the audience. Curved Cinerama screens could be made out of a
series of flat strips facing the audience. Since these things aren’t just
stuck to a wall they have to be stretched tight.

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<d8f4ihhkrav0i5cvhlmarsmn9l1g78ma75@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156777&group=rec.arts.tv#156777

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 13:45:29 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 20:45 UTC

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:00:17 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
>that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
>from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
>crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
>variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
>disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
>between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
>to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
>militant Sikhs.)

Is that the case where the ringleader was acquitted based on perjured
evidence and the prosecutor was unable to retry? Where the ringleader
was murdered about an hours drive east of Vancouver about 3 months
ago? Air India 182 if I recall correctly - it was the largest air
piracy death toll before 9/11

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfthqe$33hd1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156784&group=rec.arts.tv#156784

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 17:41:33 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:41 UTC

On 2022-09-14 4:45 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:00:17 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I've never priced a movie screen but, given the size, I'm betting
>> they're not cheap. I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>> their security to prevent these incidents, unless perhaps they're
>> worried that any security personnel might get attacked if they get in
>> the way of these vandals. (I would never overestimate the ruthlessness
>> that some people can show. It's apparently quite common for some people
>>from India to throw permanently disfiguring acids on people who have
>> crossed them. This practice has found its way to the UK already where a
>> variety of people - mostly women as I understand it - have been
>> disfigured in this way. We're already seeing violence in this country
>> between various groups from India. That violence goes all the way back
>> to an Air India flight that was blown up in mid-air back in the 1980s by
>> militant Sikhs.)
>
> Is that the case where the ringleader was acquitted based on perjured
> evidence and the prosecutor was unable to retry? Where the ringleader
> was murdered about an hours drive east of Vancouver about 3 months
> ago? Air India 182 if I recall correctly - it was the largest air
> piracy death toll before 9/11

That's the one. As I understand it, the bombing was reckoned as payback
for Indira Gandhi's assault on the Golden Temple of Amritsar. Mind you,
I don't know if that was ever proven in a court of law but it seemed to
be the general consensus of the RCMP and crown prosecutors.

--
Rhino

violence in India, was: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfti17$d3s$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156785&group=rec.arts.tv#156785

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: violence in India, was: Nastiness in movie theatres
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:45:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:45 UTC

In <tfthqe$33hd1$1@dont-email.me> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> writes:

[snip]
>> Is that the case where the ringleader was acquitted based on perjured
>> evidence and the prosecutor was unable to retry? Where the ringleader
>> was murdered about an hours drive east of Vancouver about 3 months
>> ago? Air India 182 if I recall correctly - it was the largest air
>> piracy death toll before 9/11

>That's the one. As I understand it, the bombing was reckoned as payback
>for Indira Gandhi's assault on the Golden Temple of Amritsar. Mind you,
>I don't know if that was ever proven in a court of law but it seemed to
>be the general consensus of the RCMP and crown prosecutors.

A little photo from my colelction:

http://www.dburstein.com/images/sikh-102.jpg

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Nastiness in movie theatres

<tfuslq$boq$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156821&group=rec.arts.tv#156821

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 04:52:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:52 UTC

On 9/14/2022 1:03 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Mr. google says $10,000 and up to $100,000 for IMAX.
>>
>> Yikes, that's not cheap! I don't imagine you can just go to a local
>> store to get another one or install it yourself so I'm betting that
>> particular cinema is going to be offline for days or weeks while
>> ordering in a new screen and getting it installed.
>>

>>> I can't figure out why the theatres haven't improved
>>>>

> I don’t know about these new screens for digital projection but in the good
> old film days screens were very complex. Sometimes they’re filled with a
> myriad of tiny holes so you can put speakers behind them and the sound
> passes to the audience.

Holy fuck, the "complexity" of a perforated screen sounds enormous!
Sending a guy to the moon must be easy by comparison!