He who is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: BLUE BLOODS - "Whose house is it anyway?"

SubjectAuthor
* BLUE BLOODS - “Whose houseanim8rfsk
`* Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house is it anyway?Dimensional Traveler
 `* Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whoseanim8rfsk
  `* Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whoseanim8rfsk
   `* Re: BLUE BLOODS - "Whose house is it anyway?"Adam H. Kerman
    `- Re: BLUE BLOODS - "Whose house is it anyway?"anim8rfsk

1
BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house is it anyway?”

<276024180.684811005.756301.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156674&group=rec.arts.tv#156674

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house
is it anyway?”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:26:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:26 UTC

Having found nothing else to watch on Paramont plus I powered through the
first season of BLUE BLOODS again. I didn’t remember most of it. But there
was a bit of dialogue that pertains to discussions we’ve had here before.
Frank says that when the younger brother was born (I am not entirely sure
if they’re talking about Joe or Jamie) they tried to make Danny and Erin
share a room (which doesn’t make any damn sense). That clearly didn’t work
out and Frank and wife went shopping for a bigger house even though they
couldn’t afford it. You would think mom would want a nap that day so maybe
we shouldn’t take “next day“ literally. I wish they had said whether the
house that they got was the one he’s living in now. But it seems likely and
this means that this isn’t Henry’s family home. Erin has spoken about
growing up in Frank’s current house before.

Another scene that puzzles me had Erin dropping in in the morning and
saying she was going to ride in with Frank and his detail that day. I have
no idea how the geography and logistics of that work out.

Also I figured I’ve sat through about 600 commercials.

Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house is it anyway?”

<tfrau7$2n9c7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156677&group=rec.arts.tv#156677

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_BLUE_BLOODS_-_“Whose_house_is_it_anyway?

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:31:54 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:31 UTC

On 9/13/2022 6:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Having found nothing else to watch on Paramont plus I powered through the
> first season of BLUE BLOODS again. I didn’t remember most of it. But there
> was a bit of dialogue that pertains to discussions we’ve had here before.
> Frank says that when the younger brother was born (I am not entirely sure
> if they’re talking about Joe or Jamie) they tried to make Danny and Erin
> share a room (which doesn’t make any damn sense). That clearly didn’t work
> out and Frank and wife went shopping for a bigger house even though they
> couldn’t afford it. You would think mom would want a nap that day so maybe
> we shouldn’t take “next day“ literally. I wish they had said whether the
> house that they got was the one he’s living in now. But it seems likely and
> this means that this isn’t Henry’s family home. Erin has spoken about
> growing up in Frank’s current house before.
>
> Another scene that puzzles me had Erin dropping in in the morning and
> saying she was going to ride in with Frank and his detail that day. I have
> no idea how the geography and logistics of that work out.
>
> Also I figured I’ve sat through about 600 commercials.

Per episode one assumes.

dirty old man.

Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house is it anyway? ”

<573715740.684828236.431675.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156698&group=rec.arts.tv#156698

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose
house is it anyway? ”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 23:20:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:20 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 9/13/2022 6:26 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Having found nothing else to watch on Paramont plus I powered through the
>> first season of BLUE BLOODS again. I didn’t remember most of it. But there
>> was a bit of dialogue that pertains to discussions we’ve had here before.
>> Frank says that when the younger brother was born (I am not entirely sure
>> if they’re talking about Joe or Jamie) they tried to make Danny and Erin
>> share a room (which doesn’t make any damn sense). That clearly didn’t work
>> out and Frank and wife went shopping for a bigger house even though they
>> couldn’t afford it. You would think mom would want a nap that day so maybe
>> we shouldn’t take “next day“ literally. I wish they had said whether the
>> house that they got was the one he’s living in now. But it seems likely and
>> this means that this isn’t Henry’s family home. Erin has spoken about
>> growing up in Frank’s current house before.
>>
>> Another scene that puzzles me had Erin dropping in in the morning and
>> saying she was going to ride in with Frank and his detail that day. I have
>> no idea how the geography and logistics of that work out.
>>
>> Also I figured I’ve sat through about 600 commercials.
>>
> Per episode one assumes.

Heh

Seriously, there’s five or six commercial breaks in an episode and up to a
half a dozen commercials per break (I think they may be making shorter
versions of commercials we are used to) so there’s easily 30 commercials
per episode and 20 episodes in season one…

Re: BLUE BLOODS - “Whose house is it anyway? ”

<330481140.684902200.326243.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156803&group=rec.arts.tv#156803

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
house is it anyway? ”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:50:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 02:50 UTC

About halfway through season two, Erin says she’s 36 years old and Nicki is
15. She also says the name of the neighborhood she grew up in which would
be where Frank’s house currently is but Paramont plus sporadically won’t
allow you to rewind or fast forward. Idiots. I think it was something like
Brookhurst?

Re: BLUE BLOODS - "Whose house is it anyway?"

<tfvb1j$3b9m4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156858&group=rec.arts.tv#156858

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:58:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:58 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>About halfway through season two, Erin says she's 36 years old and
>Nicki is 15. She also says the name of the neighborhood she grew up in
>which would be where Frank's house currently is but Paramont plus
>sporadically won't allow you to rewind or fast forward. Idiots. I think
>it was something like Brookhurst?

This article profiles the house in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, that's used for
exterior establishment shots, and other houses on the same block. But
the article states that they've said the neighborhood name in dialogue,
which is not something I recall.

Real Estate Bay Ridge
Stroll Bay Ridge's 'Blue Bloods' street where Tom Selleck 'lives'
Eye On Real Estate
May 30, 2018 By Lore Croghan Brooklyn Daily Eagle

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2018/05/30/stroll-bay-ridges-blue-bloods-street-where-tom-selleck-lives/

Re: BLUE BLOODS - "Whose house is it anyway?"

<880813216.684968847.953333.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156938&group=rec.arts.tv#156938

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 20:06:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 03:06 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> About halfway through season two, Erin says she's 36 years old and
>> Nicki is 15. She also says the name of the neighborhood she grew up in
>> which would be where Frank's house currently is but Paramont plus
>> sporadically won't allow you to rewind or fast forward. Idiots. I think
>> it was something like Brookhurst?
>
> This article profiles the house in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, that's used for
> exterior establishment shots, and other houses on the same block. But
> the article states that they've said the neighborhood name in dialogue,
> which is not something I recall.

It’s a throwaway where Erin is talking to an old girlfriend and says you
shouldn’t or should do such and such and the old girlfriend says “well I
didn’t grow up in a big house in (name of neighborhood)“

By the time I realized what she was saying there was no going back to it.