Your conscience never stops you from doing anything. It just stops you from enjoying it.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Apostrophe

SubjectAuthor
* ApostropheEdward Rochester Esq.
+- Re: ApostropheCujo DeSockpuppet
+- Re: ApostropheHC
`* Re: ApostropheNancyGene
 `- Re: ApostropheHC

1
Apostrophe

<5186ec2a-5316-4e3d-b1b7-97ba1a74a946n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157435&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#157435

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 05:06:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Apostrophe
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:06 UTC

I am a flawed man.

Tried my best to be a man of good standing
but the apostrophe has haunted me, showing up
when least expected and as Dockery has noted,
I've never learned though told over and over.

The worst of it all, is being told by Dockery whose face
is posted under the definition of flawed.

I'm stuck, driven over by the apostrophe, crippled,
never to show my face again in the world of words.

I apologize to this group, a group designed for poetry
and have signed up for advanced studies of the apostrophe
when and where to use but as an addict, will no doubt
fall back into the world of withdrawal, hopefully to conquer
this evil before the end of my days.

Thank you, Dockery, for your insight into flawed
and how to live flawlessly and thank you Michael
for your patience, your job as editor in chief
is not an easy one.

It's with a heavy heart, I hang my head in shame--
a stupid little line has erased all of my good intentions.

Re: Apostrophe

<XnsAED453165AD65PantyheadPoorHouse@88.198.57.247>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157436&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#157436

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: Apostrophe
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:10:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:10 UTC

"Edward Rochester Esq." <blackpooljimmy1@aol.com> wrote in

> I am a flawed man.
>
> Tried my best to be a man of good standing
> but the apostrophe has haunted me, showing up
> when least expected and as Dockery has noted,
> I've never learned though told over and over.
>
> The worst of it all, is being told by Dockery whose face
> is posted under the definition of flawed.
>
> I'm stuck, driven over by the apostrophe, crippled,
> never to show my face again in the world of words.
>
> I apologize to this group, a group designed for poetry
> and have signed up for advanced studies of the apostrophe
> when and where to use but as an addict, will no doubt
> fall back into the world of withdrawal, hopefully to conquer
> this evil before the end of my days.
>
> Thank you, Dockery, for your insight into flawed
> and how to live flawlessly and thank you Michael
> for your patience, your job as editor in chief
> is not an easy one.
>
> It's with a heavy heart, I hang my head in shame--
> a stupid little line has erased all of my good intentions.

Dreckweasel has no shame and he damned well should as he has performed
many shameful acts and continues daily. Zorro!

Funny how that works.

Re: Apostrophe

<0fa3b14c-ed19-482d-9cd4-9832a0ea216dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157439&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#157439

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 05:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: yogibare...@gmail.com (HC)
 by: HC - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:38 UTC

On Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 8:06:23 AM UTC-4, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> I am a flawed man.
>
> Tried my best to be a man of good standing
> but the apostrophe has haunted me, showing up
> when least expected and as Dockery has noted,
> I've never learned though told over and over.
>
> The worst of it all, is being told by Dockery whose face
> is posted under the definition of flawed.
>
> I'm stuck, driven over by the apostrophe, crippled,
> never to show my face again in the world of words.
>
> I apologize to this group, a group designed for poetry
> and have signed up for advanced studies of the apostrophe
> when and where to use but as an addict, will no doubt
> fall back into the world of withdrawal, hopefully to conquer
> this evil before the end of my days.
>
> Thank you, Dockery, for your insight into flawed
> and how to live flawlessly and thank you Michael
> for your patience, your job as editor in chief
> is not an easy one.
>
> It's with a heavy heart, I hang my head in shame--
> a stupid little line has erased all of my good intentions.

I know that you will always be
a man, flawed by apostrophes,
who doesn’t write poems like these
about what someone like me sees
as worthy of re: Joycing. Trees!

Re: Apostrophe

<68f48b29-9f39-4651-a648-c2013a08142en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157442&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#157442

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 05:54:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:54 UTC

On Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 12:06:23 PM UTC, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> I am a flawed man.
>
> Tried my best to be a man of good standing
> but the apostrophe has haunted me, showing up
> when least expected and as Dockery has noted,
> I've never learned though told over and over.
>
> The worst of it all, is being told by Dockery whose face
> is posted under the definition of flawed.
>
> I'm stuck, driven over by the apostrophe, crippled,
> never to show my face again in the world of words.
>
> I apologize to this group, a group designed for poetry
> and have signed up for advanced studies of the apostrophe
> when and where to use but as an addict, will no doubt
> fall back into the world of withdrawal, hopefully to conquer
> this evil before the end of my days.
>
> Thank you, Dockery, for your insight into flawed
> and how to live flawlessly and thank you Michael
> for your patience, your job as editor in chief
> is not an easy one.
>
> It's with a heavy heart, I hang my head in shame--
> a stupid little line has erased all of my good intentions.
We met someone we thought was a wonderful guy--handsome face, great hair, hard worker, honest, tall and muscular frame, wrote poetry, wore a hat with style, and could do accents. However, he stumbled on apostrophes, which was a deal breaker. Our parents would never accept that. What would the neighbors think? How could we overlook that?

Re: Apostrophe

<b277bf41-c970-4f9c-ae19-4c1dfd7f5bf8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157447&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#157447

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 06:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: yogibare...@gmail.com (HC)
 by: HC - Thu, 14 Jul 2022 13:06 UTC

On Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 8:54:44 AM UTC-4, NancyGene wrote:
> On Thursday, July 14, 2022 at 12:06:23 PM UTC, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> > I am a flawed man.
> >
> > Tried my best to be a man of good standing
> > but the apostrophe has haunted me, showing up
> > when least expected and as Dockery has noted,
> > I've never learned though told over and over.
> >
> > The worst of it all, is being told by Dockery whose face
> > is posted under the definition of flawed.
> >
> > I'm stuck, driven over by the apostrophe, crippled,
> > never to show my face again in the world of words.
> >
> > I apologize to this group, a group designed for poetry
> > and have signed up for advanced studies of the apostrophe
> > when and where to use but as an addict, will no doubt
> > fall back into the world of withdrawal, hopefully to conquer
> > this evil before the end of my days.
> >
> > Thank you, Dockery, for your insight into flawed
> > and how to live flawlessly and thank you Michael
> > for your patience, your job as editor in chief
> > is not an easy one.
> >
> > It's with a heavy heart, I hang my head in shame--
> > a stupid little line has erased all of my good intentions.
> We met someone we thought was a wonderful guy--handsome face, great hair, hard worker, honest, tall and muscular frame, wrote poetry, wore a hat with style, and could do accents. However, he stumbled on apostrophes, which was a deal breaker. Our parents would never accept that. What would the neighbors think? How could we overlook that?

T’sk. T’sk. T’sk.