From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BBC: How will this pig do community service with nails that long?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 18:20:34 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 18:20 UTC

On Sep 16, 2022 at 7:42:42 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does she go to the bathroom successfully either??
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62925113

There's no way she actually wrote that statement she made to the court. That
was written by her lawyers 100%. It's way too coherent and grammatically
correct to be anything she came up with on her own. Just the fact that all the
verbs are properly conjugated alone indicates she had nothing to do with it.

---------------------------------------
Cardi B has admitted two offences arising from a brawl in a strip club, as
part of a deal that means she will avoid a trial and possible jail time. The
Grammy-winning rapper, born Belcalis Almanzar, pleaded guilty to third-degree
assault and second-degree reckless endangerment, and was sentenced to 15 days
community service. Ten other charges were dismissed.

"I've made some bad decisions in my past that I am not afraid to face and own
up to," she said in a statement. In court, the 29-year-old admitted organising
and participating in two attacks on employees of the Angels nightclub in New
York in 2018.

According to authorities, the incidents grew out of a feud between Almanzar
and two sisters - one of whom she believed was having an affair with her
husband, the rapper Offset.

Prosecutors said that, on the first night, Almanzar and her entourage struck
the victim, a bartender, pulling her hair, punching her and slamming her head
into the bar. Two weeks later, they returned, throwing alcohol, bottles and a
hookah pipe at the first victim's sister. Asked to confirm the details in
court, Almanzar did so quietly, admitting she had offered a friend $5,000
(£4,000) over Instagram to assist her in the confrontation.

As well as community service, the rapper has been ordered to stay away from
the victims, identified as Jade and Baddie Gi, for three years. She accepted
the plea deal one day before the case was due to come to trial, the New York
Times reported.

The musician's lawyer, Drew Findling, said she wanted to draw a line under the
case. "There are too many things that she has planned for her family, for her
career and for the community and she just felt, quite honestly, that a
three-week jury trial was going to be a distraction from the things that she
felt was most important and so, hence, we made contact with the prosecution,"
he told the New York Post.

In her statement, the rapper said: "Part of growing up and maturing is being
accountable for your actions. As a mother, it's a practice that I am trying to
instil in my children, but the example starts with me.
"These moments don't define me and they are not reflective of who I am now."

Melinda Katz, the Queens district attorney, said in a statement: "No-one is
above the law. In pleading guilty today, Ms Belcalis Almanzar and two
co-defendants have accepted responsibility for their actions."

Cardi B rose to fame with the track "Bodak Yellow" in 2017, topping the
Billboard chart and becoming one of rap's most colourful and outspoken
performers. Her debut album, "Invasion of Privacy", won the Grammy for best
rap album in 2019, and she has scored global number one hits with the
Latin-flavoured "I Like It" and the X-rated "WAP", a duet with Megan Thee
Stallion.

After Thursday's hearing at Queens County Criminal Court in New York, she was
mobbed by dozens of fans and court employees. "In all my years of covering
court cases, I've never seen this," said NBC news reporter Melissa Colorado on
Twitter. "Court staff cheering for a defendant who accepted a plea deal as she
walks out of the court room."

One employee even asked the rapper for a photo, Colorado added. "I can't,"
Almanzar replied.

Re: BBC: How will this pig do community service with nails that long?

<tg9hq5$1227p$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157327&group=rec.arts.tv#157327

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
>On Sep 16, 2022 at 7:42:42 AM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>> How does she go to the bathroom successfully either??
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62925113
>
> There's no way she actually wrote that statement she made to the court.
> That was written by her lawyers 100%. It's way too coherent and
> grammatically correct to be anything she came up with on her own. Just the
> fact that all the verbs are properly conjugated alone indicates she had
> nothing to do with it.

So much for appearing on Crooked Hillary's show about "gutsy" women! LOL

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: BBC: How will this pig do community service with nails that long?

<tgc04k$17or$9@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157437&group=rec.arts.tv#157437

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 04:11:50 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 09:11 UTC

On 9/20/2022 12:19 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 19 September 2022 at 06:55:06 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> atr...@mac.com wrote:

>>> There's no way she actually wrote that statement she made to the court.
>>> That was written by her lawyers 100%. It's way too coherent and
>>> grammatically correct to be anything she came up with on her own. Just the
>>> fact that all the verbs are properly conjugated alone indicates she had
>>> nothing to do with it.
>> So much for appearing on Crooked Hillary's show about "gutsy" women! LOL
>>
>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!
>
> Before, they just hated Clinton. Now, ad laughing stock to her resume.

You can't spell "add" either? Did you drink a ton of water from Flint,
Michigan perhaps?