Ninety percent of everything is crap. -- Theodore Sturgeon

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: American Media at Its Finest...

SubjectAuthor
* American Media at Its Finest...BTR1701
+* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Rhino
|`* Re: American Media at Its Finest...anim8rfsk
| `* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Ian J. Ball
|  +* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Adam H. Kerman
|  |+* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Ian J. Ball
|  ||+- Re: American Media at Its Finest...Adam H. Kerman
|  ||`- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
|  |`* Re: American Media at Its Finest...anim8rfsk
|  | +* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Adam H. Kerman
|  | |`- Re: American Media at Its Finest...anim8rfsk
|  | `- Re: American Media at Its Finest...Your Name
|  `- Re: American Media at Its Finest...Ubiquitous
+* Re: American Media at Its Finest...moviePig
|+- Re: American Media at Its Finest...BTR1701
|+* Re: American Media at Its Finest...A Friend
||+* Re: American Media at Its Finest...BTR1701
|||`- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
||`- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
|+- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
|`* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Ubiquitous
| `- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
+- Re: American Media at Its Finest...trotsky
`* Re: American Media at Its Finest...Nyssa
 `- Re: American Media at Its Finest...BTR1701

1
American Media at Its Finest...

<KA-dnf9u770n8r_-nZ2dnZfqn_tg4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156794&group=rec.arts.tv#156794

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: American Media at Its Finest...
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 00:20:10 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 00:20 UTC

From CBSNews.com:

Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five other
people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning, CBS
Los Angeles reports.

An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered
at the scene.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0

--------------------

Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of gun.
Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
there.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfttij$34fk4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156798&group=rec.arts.tv#156798

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: American Media at Its Finest...
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:02:09 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:02 UTC

On 2022-09-14 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> From CBSNews.com:
>
> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five other
> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning, CBS
> Los Angeles reports.
>
> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered
> at the scene.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>
> --------------------
>
> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of gun.
> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
> there.

Do these reporters know ANYTHING about firearms? Anything at all? As
little as I know, I am certain they know a great deal less, probably
because they think guns are icky and have avoided them their entire
lives, cherishing their ignorance.

--
Rhino

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<383609434.684902973.020604.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156805&group=rec.arts.tv#156805

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:50:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 02:50 UTC

> On 2022-09-14 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> From CBSNews.com:
>>
>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five other
>> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning, CBS
>> Los Angeles reports.
>>
>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered
>> at the scene.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of gun.
>> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
>> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
>> there.
>>

> Do these reporters know ANYTHING about firearms?

Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
about everything.

Anything at all? As
> little as I know, I am certain they know a great deal less, probably
> because they think guns are icky and have avoided them their entire
> lives, cherishing their ignorance.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156808&group=rec.arts.tv#156808

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 23:08:55 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 03:08 UTC

On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> From CBSNews.com:
>
> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five other
> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning, CBS
> Los Angeles reports.
>
> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered
> at the scene.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>
> --------------------
>
> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of gun.
> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
> there.

This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.

From 2014.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<atropos-FE5A88.20554114092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156809&group=rec.arts.tv#156809

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 20:55:41 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 03:55 UTC

In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > From CBSNews.com:
> >
> > Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five
> > other people, including three women and one man, were taken in for
> > questioning, CBS Los Angeles reports.
> >
> > An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
> > recovered at the scene.
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
> >
> > --------------------
> >
> > Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind
> > of gun. Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines
> > for the ammo at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms
> > world right there.
>
> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>
> From 2014.

Okay, and? Not sure what relevance either of those points have here.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<150920220001229203%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156810&group=rec.arts.tv#156810

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 00:01:22 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 04:01 UTC

In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, moviePig
<pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > From CBSNews.com:
> >
> > Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five
> > other
> > people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning,
> > CBS
> > Los Angeles reports.
> >
> > An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
> > recovered
> > at the scene.
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
> >
> > --------------------
> >
> > Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of
> > gun.
> > Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
> > at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
> > there.
>
> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>
> From 2014.

It's great that everybody got right on this important matter, then.

I note that "revolver" occurs twice in the same short sentence. Either
the cop report was wrong and the station blindly copied it, or the
station was wrong and duplicated the word "revolver" when it meant
"weapon" in the first instance. Yes, they're supposed to catch that
sort of thing. Of course, no innocent people in a shopping mall or
supermarket died because of it.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<atropos-4FA2FE.23542714092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156814&group=rec.arts.tv#156814

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 23:54:27 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 06:54 UTC

In article <150920220001229203%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, moviePig
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > > From CBSNews.com:
> > >
> > > Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect.
> > > Five other people, including three women and one man, were taken in
> > > for questioning, CBS Los Angeles reports.
> > >
> > > An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
> > > recovered at the scene.
> > >
> > > https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
> > >
> > > --------------------
> > >
> > > Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind
> > > of gun. Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines
> > > for the ammo at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the
> > > firearms world right there.
> >
> > This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
> >
> > From 2014.
>
> It's great that everybody got right on this important matter, then.

Not sure what 'everybody' should have done about yet another example of
media incompetence.

> I note that "revolver" occurs twice in the same short sentence. Either
> the cop report was wrong and the station blindly copied it

Which is the hallmark of professional journalism: blind copying of
official reports.

And it's unlikely that a police report would use the term "assault
(anything)". It's a meaningless term invented by politicians and
activists for political advantage. A police report would state the make
and model of the firearm recovered which would be in the article if this
was an instance of blind copying by someone who calls himself a reporter
but who is, in reality, a stenographer.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfuv35$1k5u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156833&group=rec.arts.tv#156833

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 05:34:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:34 UTC

On 9/14/2022 7:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> From CBSNews.com:
>
> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect.

When in the last century did this occur? Posting a dropbox image of
"something happened somewhere" makes you look like a total fucking
idiot, but it seems like that's what you're phishing for these days.
And it seems to me this is directed by the shit you're fed by your white
supremacist groups, most probably the Oath Keepers as I've concluded. I
do agree that the right wing assholes you comport with will swallow it
hook, line and sinker of course--swallowing stuff is apparently what
they do best.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfuvdk$1nc0$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156835&group=rec.arts.tv#156835

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 05:39:48 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:39 UTC

On 9/14/2022 10:08 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>  From CBSNews.com:
>>
>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect.
>> Five other
>> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for
>> questioning, CBS
>> Los Angeles reports.
>>
>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
>> recovered
>> at the scene.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind
>> of gun.
>> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for
>> the ammo
>> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
>> there.
>
> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>
> From 2014.

Thank you, glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed. The concept of
"current events" is some sort of rallying cry right wing, white
supremacist assholes such as Eunuch Derp. Do you suppose the Oath
Keepers will ever give him his balls back? I don't.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfv0af$4do$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156841&group=rec.arts.tv#156841

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 05:55:12 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:55 UTC

On 9/14/2022 11:01 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, moviePig
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> From CBSNews.com:
>>>
>>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five
>>> other
>>> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning,
>>> CBS
>>> Los Angeles reports.
>>>
>>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
>>> recovered
>>> at the scene.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of
>>> gun.
>>> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
>>> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
>>> there.
>>
>> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>>
>> From 2014.
>

> It's great that everybody got right on this important matter, then.
>
> I note that "revolver" occurs twice in the same short sentence. Either
> the cop report was wrong and the station blindly copied it, or the
> station was wrong and duplicated the word "revolver" when it meant
> "weapon" in the first instance. Yes, they're supposed to catch that
> sort of thing. Of course, no innocent people in a shopping mall or
> supermarket died because of it.

I expect right wing articles on the Beatles' album "Revolver" to be
forthcoming.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfv12g$ihe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156847&group=rec.arts.tv#156847

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 06:08:01 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 11:08 UTC

On 9/15/2022 1:54 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <150920220001229203%nope@noway.com>,
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, moviePig
>> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>>>
>>> From 2014.
>>
>> It's great that everybody got right on this important matter, then.
>
> Not sure what 'everybody' should have done about yet another example of
> media incompetence.
>
>> I note that "revolver" occurs twice in the same short sentence. Either
>> the cop report was wrong and the station blindly copied it
>
> Which is the hallmark of professional journalism: blind copying of
> official reports.

Eunuch Derp, I don't think you know what the fuck you're talking about.
You showed neither a date nor a byline in your dropbox image, so if that
was something from a police blotter rather than an article written by a
journalist we would hardly know, thus you're spewing HORSESHIT as usual.
I mean, seriously, the fucked shit you attempt a fucking grade school
kid of average intelligence could see right through. Do you think
you're being clever? To the right wing assholes I suppose you are.
Grow a pair of balls and try discussing something truthfully you fucking
pansy. A fucking police blotter from 2014? What the fuck is wrong with
you?

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfv45d$3amih$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156852&group=rec.arts.tv#156852

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:00:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:00 UTC

In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, pwallace@moviepig.com wrote:
> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>> From CBSNews.com:
>>
>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five
>> other people, including three women and one man, were taken in for
>> questioning, CBS Los Angeles reports.
>>
>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
>> recovered at the scene.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of
>> gun. Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for
>> the ammo at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms
>> world right there.
>
>This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>From 2014.

Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfv4eu$3am3d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156853&group=rec.arts.tv#156853

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:07:40 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:07 UTC

BTR1701 wrote:

> From CBSNews.com:
>
> Police have not released the names of the officers or the
> suspect. Five other people, including three women and one
> man, were taken in for questioning, CBS Los Angeles
> reports.
>
> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a
> revolver were recovered at the scene.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>
> --------------------
>
> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous
> kind of kind of gun. Especially the ones that can be
> revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo at the same
> time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world
> right there.

Perhaps it was one of those newly invented, hand-held
Galtling guns? With a little hand-crank on the side.

Nyssa, who wonders if the belt of ammunition trails
down to the ground

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfv78a$1fft$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156854&group=rec.arts.tv#156854

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 07:53:30 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:53 UTC

On 9/15/2022 7:00 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <cHwUK.291209$SAT4.14940@fx13.iad>, pwallace@moviepig.com wrote:
>> On 9/14/2022 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>>> From CBSNews.com:
>>>
>>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five
>>> other people, including three women and one man, were taken in for
>>> questioning, CBS Los Angeles reports.
>>>
>>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
>>> recovered at the scene.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of
>>> gun. Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for
>>> the ammo at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms
>>> world right there.
>>
>> This appears to be a story by a local CBS affiliate.
>>From 2014.
>
> Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

The nonresponse you've "noted" is from Eunuch Derp. Let's go dipshit!

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<daOdnakrerBv977-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156867&group=rec.arts.tv#156867

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:12:02 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 18:12 UTC

On Sep 15, 2022 at 5:07:40 AM PDT, "Nyssa" <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> From CBSNews.com:
>>
>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the
>> suspect. Five other people, including three women and one
>> man, were taken in for questioning, CBS Los Angeles
>> reports.
>>
>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a
>> revolver were recovered at the scene.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous
>> kind of kind of gun. Especially the ones that can be
>> revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo at the same
>> time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world
>> right there.
>>

> Perhaps it was one of those newly invented, hand-held
> Galtling guns? With a little hand-crank on the side.
>
> Nyssa, who wonders if the belt of ammunition trails
> down to the ground

Heh

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfvtm4$3df46$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156873&group=rec.arts.tv#156873

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:16:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 19:16 UTC

On 2022-09-15 02:50:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-09-14 8:20 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>
>>> From CBSNews.com:
>>>
>>> Police have not released the names of the officers or the suspect. Five other
>>> people, including three women and one man, were taken in for questioning, CBS
>>> Los Angeles reports.
>>>
>>> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were recovered
>>> at the scene.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/x99864ligkvgif2/AssltRevolv.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> --------------------
>>>
>>> Yes, those assault revolvers are an elusive but dangerous kind of kind of gun.
>>> Especially the ones that can be revolvers and utilize magazines for the ammo
>>> at the same time. That's the magical unicorn of the firearms world right
>>> there.
>>
>> Do these reporters know ANYTHING about firearms?
>
> Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
> about everything.

This is the correct take.

(In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
social workers!)

> > Anything at all? As
>> little as I know, I am certain they know a great deal less, probably
>> because they think guns are icky and have avoided them their entire
>> lives, cherishing their ignorance.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tfvvit$3dkbf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156882&group=rec.arts.tv#156882

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 19:48:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 19:48 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2022-09-15 02:50:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Five other
>questioning, CBS

>recovered

>kind of gun.
>>>
>>> Do these reporters know ANYTHING about firearms?
>>
>> Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
>> about everything.
>
>This is the correct take.
>
>(In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>social workers!)

bonk

Where the hell did you see that reported?

>> > Anything at all? As
>>> little as I know, I am certain they know a great deal less, probably
>>> because they think guns are icky and have avoided them their entire
>>> lives, cherishing their ignorance.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tg00vm$3dojl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156888&group=rec.arts.tv#156888

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:12:39 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 20:12 UTC

On 2022-09-15 19:48:45 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> Five other
>> questioning, CBS

>> recovered

>> kind of gun.

>>> Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
>>> about everything.
>>
>> This is the correct take.
>>
>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>> social workers!)
>
> bonk
>
> Where the hell did you see that reported?

Could tell you. I heard that decades ago I'm pretty sure. I believe it
is from an academic study, but I couldn't tell you who did it, or even
when it was done....

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tg02f1$3dkbf$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156896&group=rec.arts.tv#156896

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 20:37:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 20:37 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2022-09-15 19:48:45 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Five other
>>> questioning, CBS

>>> recovered

>>> kind of gun.
>for the ammo

>>> This is the correct take.
>>>
>>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>>> social workers!)
>>
>> bonk
>>
>> Where the hell did you see that reported?
>
>Could tell you. I heard that decades ago I'm pretty sure. I believe it
>is from an academic study, but I couldn't tell you who did it, or even
>when it was done....

Fine. For one thing, it's got to be art and theater majors.

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tg1eot$12v2$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=156988&group=rec.arts.tv#156988

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 04:14:08 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 09:14 UTC

On 9/15/2022 3:12 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-09-15 19:48:45 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball  <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Five other
>>> questioning, CBS

>>> recovered

>>> kind of gun.

>>> This is the correct take.
>>>
>>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>>> social workers!)
>>
>> bonk
>>
>> Where the hell did you see that reported?
>
> Could tell you.

Speaking of taking a dump on Usenet, what the fuck does that mean?

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<1495049234.685019598.629530.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157021&group=rec.arts.tv#157021

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 04:22:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:22 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> Five other
>> questioning, CBS

>> recovered

>> kind of gun.

>>> Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
>>> about everything.
>>
>> This is the correct take.
>>
>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>> social workers!)
>
> bonk
>
> Where the hell did you see that reported?

CBS. Did you really have to ask?

https://www.westernjournal.com/cbs-news-in-la-goes-viral-as-story-on-assault-revolver-takes-over-social-media/

“A story filed by a CBS affiliate in Los Angeles back when Barack Obama was
still president has managed to garner some attention after a Twitter user
noticed an old story that mentioned “(a)n assault revolver with
high-capacity magazines” being found at the scene of a crime.

KCAL-TV’s Aug. 22, 2014, story dealt with a tragic case involving a
shooting at a San Bernardino nightclub that had left one dead and a police
officer wounded.

An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
recovered at the scene.”

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tg23na$3r609$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157038&group=rec.arts.tv#157038

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:11:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:11 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Five other
>>> questioning, CBS

>>> recovered

>>> kind of gun.
>for the ammo

>>> This is the correct take.
>>>
>>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>>> social workers!)
>>
>> bonk
>>
>> Where the hell did you see that reported?

>CBS. Did you really have to ask?

Whoosh

Why would a reporter write a story that members of his professional have
lower IQs than members of any other profession?

>. . .

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<330728856.685052850.559214.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157069&group=rec.arts.tv#157069

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 13:28:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 20:28 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> for the ammo

>>> bonk
>>>
>>> Where the hell did you see that reported?
>
>> CBS. Did you really have to ask?
>
> Whoosh
>
> Why would a reporter write a story that members of his professional have
> lower IQs than members of any other profession?
>
>> . . .

Sorry. I thought you were asking where this first appeared:

”An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
recovered at the scene.”

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tg2uf7$tpl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157092&group=rec.arts.tv#157092

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:48:07 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 22:48 UTC

On 2022-09-16 11:22:00 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Five other
>>> questioning, CBS

>>> recovered

>>> kind of gun.

>>> This is the correct take.
>>>
>>> (In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>>> of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>>> social workers!)
>>
>> bonk
>>
>> Where the hell did you see that reported?
>
> CBS. Did you really have to ask?
>
> https://www.westernjournal.com/cbs-news-in-la-goes-viral-as-story-on-assault-revolver-takes-over-social-media/
>

> “A story filed by a CBS affiliate in Los Angeles back when Barack Obama was
> still president has managed to garner some attention after a Twitter user
> noticed an old story that mentioned “(a)n assault revolver with
> high-capacity magazines” being found at the scene of a crime.
>
> KCAL-TV’s Aug. 22, 2014, story dealt with a tragic case involving a
> shooting at a San Bernardino nightclub that had left one dead and a police
> officer wounded.
>
> An assault revolver with high-capacity magazines and a revolver were
> recovered at the scene.”

In the rush to be first with a story instead of being accurate, the
news media very often makes loads of mistakes. :-\

You can watch the TV news on one channel and be told "14 people died"
in some accident, but switch channels and the same accident suddenly
has "10 people died" or "15 people died".

It's not just the immediate news media either. The amount of typos and
mistakes I find in weekly or monthly magazines is astounding. Is there
even any doing proof-reading these days??

Re: American Media at Its Finest...

<tgch2k$1haat$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157458&group=rec.arts.tv#157458

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 10:00:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:00 UTC

In article <tfvtm4$3df46$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:
> On 2022-09-15 02:50:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Do these reporters know ANYTHING about firearms?
>>
>> Have you met many reporters? In my experience they know almost nothing
>> about everything.
>
>This is the correct take.
>
>(In all seriousness, I think journalists supposedly have the lowest IQ
>of any group in post-graduate education, apparently even lower than
>social workers!)

Even lower than teachers? When I attended college, that major was a bit of a
joke,

--
Let's go Brandon