In specifications, Murphy's Law supersedes Ohm's.

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Majorca

SubjectAuthor
* Majorcalucretia
`* Re: Majorcakat
 `* Re: Majorcalucretia
  +* Re: Majorcakat
  |`* Re: Majorcalucretia
  | `- Re: Majorcakat
  `* Re: MajorcaCalvin Henry-Cotnam
   `* Re: Majorcakat
    `* Re: MajorcaCalvin Henry-Cotnam
     `* Re: Majorcakat
      `* Re: MajorcaCalvin Henry-Cotnam
       `* Re: Majorcakat
        `- Re: MajorcaCalvin Henry-Cotnam

1
Majorca

<dg6s8itte23sobsspem8dtil88coc2rt25@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1578&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1578

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Majorca
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 17:40:25 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:40 UTC

Just wondering if Kat is home from her Majorcan holiday?

Re: Majorca

<kf88dqF1ap3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1579&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1579

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Majorca
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:34 UTC

On 17/06/2023 21:40, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

> Just wondering if Kat is home from her Majorcan holiday?

Yes, I am back, and all caught up. We had a lovely time. Good hotel, good food,
lovely view from our balcony, weather a bit windy and dull at times but on the
whole good - not far too hot! And I now have photos of me leaning on a certain
rail in Porto Cristo in 1973, sitting by it in 1987 with the kids ( though we
didn't realise when we took that pic at the time), and sitting close by this
year.:-)

And I keep thinking of random comments to make about little things on Corrie but
you are behind.

What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days when
everything comes in blister packs?

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<dart8i9j5jjelptnuc3rumjplgqhqsfjq3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1580&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1580

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 08:49:22 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:49 UTC

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 17/06/2023 21:40, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering if Kat is home from her Majorcan holiday?
>
>Yes, I am back, and all caught up. We had a lovely time. Good hotel, good food,
>lovely view from our balcony, weather a bit windy and dull at times but on the
>whole good - not far too hot! And I now have photos of me leaning on a certain
>rail in Porto Cristo in 1973, sitting by it in 1987 with the kids ( though we
>didn't realise when we took that pic at the time), and sitting close by this
>year.:-)

That's always a nice sentimental thing to have, glad you enjoyed it
and the weather played fair.

>And I keep thinking of random comments to make about little things on Corrie but
>you are behind.
>
>What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days when
>everything comes in blister packs?

Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
possibility I might forget otherwise :)

Re: Majorca

<kf92ldF5721U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1581&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1581

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:02:05 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 19:02 UTC

On 18/06/2023 12:49, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 17/06/2023 21:40, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wondering if Kat is home from her Majorcan holiday?
>>
>> Yes, I am back, and all caught up. We had a lovely time. Good hotel, good food,
>> lovely view from our balcony, weather a bit windy and dull at times but on the
>> whole good - not far too hot! And I now have photos of me leaning on a certain
>> rail in Porto Cristo in 1973, sitting by it in 1987 with the kids ( though we
>> didn't realise when we took that pic at the time), and sitting close by this
>> year.:-)
>
> That's always a nice sentimental thing to have, glad you enjoyed it
> and the weather played fair.
>>

>> And I keep thinking of random comments to make about little things on Corrie but
>> you are behind.
>>
>> What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days when
>> everything comes in blister packs?
>
> Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
> meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
> put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
> possibility I might forget otherwise :)

Everything here comes in little strips of blisters, apart from vitamins and
supplements. Even over the counter aspirin or paracetamol. Years ago when they
first diagnosed my underactive thyroid I got a bottle, but not now, and they are
tiny tablets it is very fiddly getting them out.People on assorted meds taken
every day or more often can get them srted out into big blisters for each day.

I say everything, unless the Coronation Street writers know different as you
will eventually see. ;-)

(Actually I believe you can ask for bottles if you have real trouble with
blisters but I haven't tried it. )
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<s1uu8iha92e1ou9q4qb8stn7fpkpjqllti@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1582&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1582

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 18:36:31 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 21:36 UTC

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:02:05 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 18/06/2023 12:49, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, I am back, and all caught up. We had a lovely time. Good hotel, good food,
>>> lovely view from our balcony, weather a bit windy and dull at times but on the
>>> whole good - not far too hot! And I now have photos of me leaning on a certain
>>> rail in Porto Cristo in 1973, sitting by it in 1987 with the kids ( though we
>>> didn't realise when we took that pic at the time), and sitting close by this
>>> year.:-)
>>
>> That's always a nice sentimental thing to have, glad you enjoyed it
>> and the weather played fair.
>>>

>>> And I keep thinking of random comments to make about little things on Corrie but
>>> you are behind.
>>>
>>> What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days when
>>> everything comes in blister packs?
>>
>> Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
>> meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
>> put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
>> possibility I might forget otherwise :)
>
>Everything here comes in little strips of blisters, apart from vitamins and
>supplements. Even over the counter aspirin or paracetamol. Years ago when they
>first diagnosed my underactive thyroid I got a bottle, but not now, and they are
>tiny tablets it is very fiddly getting them out.People on assorted meds taken
>every day or more often can get them srted out into big blisters for each day.
>
>I say everything, unless the Coronation Street writers know different as you
>will eventually see. ;-)
>
>(Actually I believe you can ask for bottles if you have real trouble with
>blisters but I haven't tried it. )

I know Davids arthritis was so bad I asked them not to put his meds in
'childproof' bottles as there were no kids in our home!

Kat don't forget you can always mark a post SNUK - then I can read it
or not!

Re: Majorca

<kfahevFc07tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1583&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1583

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 09:20:48 +0100
 by: kat - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 08:20 UTC

On 18/06/2023 22:36, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:02:05 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18/06/2023 12:49, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> That's always a nice sentimental thing to have, glad you enjoyed it
>>> and the weather played fair.

>>> Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
>>> meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
>>> put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
>>> possibility I might forget otherwise :)
>>
>> Everything here comes in little strips of blisters, apart from vitamins and
>> supplements. Even over the counter aspirin or paracetamol. Years ago when they
>> first diagnosed my underactive thyroid I got a bottle, but not now, and they are
>> tiny tablets it is very fiddly getting them out.People on assorted meds taken
>> every day or more often can get them srted out into big blisters for each day.
>>
>> I say everything, unless the Coronation Street writers know different as you
>> will eventually see. ;-)
>>
>> (Actually I believe you can ask for bottles if you have real trouble with
>> blisters but I haven't tried it. )
>
> I know Davids arthritis was so bad I asked them not to put his meds in
> 'childproof' bottles as there were no kids in our home!
>
> Kat don't forget you can always mark a post SNUK - then I can read it
> or not!

I know I can, but then you wouldn't be able answer what I said! Don't worry, I
didn't give away any real detail there!
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<20230620-022909.835.0@Calvin-Henry-Cotnam.news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1584&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1584

From: cal...@remove.daxack.ca (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 22:29:09 -0400
 by: Calvin Henry-Cotnam - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 02:29 UTC

lucretia@florence.it (lucretia@florence.it) said...
>On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days
>> when everything comes in blister packs?
>
>Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
>meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
>put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
>possibility I might forget otherwise :)

I take two meds for cholesterol and triglycerides: a statin and
fenofibrate. The statin only comes in blister packs. The dose of
fenofibrate are capsules that are distributed in both bottles and
blister packs, but my pharmacy has only stocked the bottles lately.
When refilling, I ask if I could get one box of blister packs if
they have them in as I find them easier when traveling, they
haven't had the blister packs for quite some time.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence

Re: Majorca

<kfddtqFph9rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1585&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1585

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 11:38:50 +0100
 by: kat - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:38 UTC

On 20/06/2023 03:29, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
> lucretia@florence.it (lucretia@florence.it) said...
>> On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:34:19 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> What I will ask is, who gets blood pressure meds in a bottle these days
>>> when everything comes in blister packs?
>>
>> Meds only come in blister packs here if you request it. I take two
>> meds, one a.m. and one p.m. for my vestibular migraines and I simply
>> put enough out for the week in a little weekly container - against the
>> possibility I might forget otherwise :)
>
> I take two meds for cholesterol and triglycerides: a statin and
> fenofibrate. The statin only comes in blister packs. The dose of
> fenofibrate are capsules that are distributed in both bottles and
> blister packs, but my pharmacy has only stocked the bottles lately.
> When refilling, I ask if I could get one box of blister packs if
> they have them in as I find them easier when traveling, they
> haven't had the blister packs for quite some time.

Currently I am on a heap of meds though some will drop off the radar soon. But
thyroxine, aspirin, a blood thinner, a statin,BP capsules and a thing to stop
the blood thinner giving me gastric problems, and paracetamol for my bad back, (
and recently some antibiotics) and every single one is in a blister pack. They
are convenient if fiddly at times.
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<20230630-031727.320.0@Calvin-Henry-Cotnam.news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1594&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1594

From: cal...@remove.daxack.ca (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 23:17:27 -0400
 by: Calvin Henry-Cotnam - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:17 UTC

kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...

> ... and every single one is in a blister pack. They
> are convenient if fiddly at times.

I find them convenient to put in my toiletries bag for travel, but I
would much prefer a bottle in the drawer of the bathroom at home.

The odd thing about the statin I take that only comes in a blister
pack is that I can frequently push one out of the blister pack and
it will land on the counter upright, like a wheel. Fortunately, it
rarely starts rolling away, but it seems to be the sort of thing that
I could never get it to do if I was trying, but since I'm not, it
happens almost half of the time.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence
are imaginable, but not reasonably foreseeable"
- Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, May 2008

Re: Majorca

<kg7minFrcf0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1596&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1596

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:46:00 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:46 UTC

On 30/06/2023 04:17, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
> kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...
>>
>> ... and every single one is in a blister pack. They
>> are convenient if fiddly at times.
>
> I find them convenient to put in my toiletries bag for travel, but I
> would much prefer a bottle in the drawer of the bathroom at home.

Oh, same here!

> The odd thing about the statin I take that only comes in a blister
> pack is that I can frequently push one out of the blister pack and
> it will land on the counter upright, like a wheel. Fortunately, it
> rarely starts rolling away, but it seems to be the sort of thing that
> I could never get it to do if I was trying, but since I'm not, it
> happens almost half of the time.

I would love to see it, never happens to me! And if it did I bet it would roll
away.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<20230708-012638.659.0@Calvin-Henry-Cotnam.news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1603&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1603

From: cal...@remove.daxack.ca (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 21:26:38 -0400
 by: Calvin Henry-Cotnam - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 01:26 UTC

kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...
>On 30/06/2023 04:17, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
>>
>> The odd thing about the statin I take that only comes in a blister
>> pack is that I can frequently push one out of the blister pack and
>> it will land on the counter upright, like a wheel. Fortunately, it
>> rarely starts rolling away, but it seems to be the sort of thing that
>> I could never get it to do if I was trying, but since I'm not, it
>> happens almost half of the time.
>
>I would love to see it, never happens to me! And if it did I bet it
>would roll away.

That's my fear each time I squeeze one out! Strangely, they usually
just land standing up with no rolling.

This is the sort of thing that every so often it might happen three
times in a row, but if someone offered me money to do it three times
in a row, it would NEVER happen.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"Unusual or extreme reactions to events caused by negligence
are imaginable, but not reasonably foreseeable"
- Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin, May 2008

Re: Majorca

<kgsqj3F6odrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1604&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1604

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:03:16 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:03 UTC

On 08/07/2023 02:26, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
> kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...
>> On 30/06/2023 04:17, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
>>>
>>> The odd thing about the statin I take that only comes in a blister
>>> pack is that I can frequently push one out of the blister pack and
>>> it will land on the counter upright, like a wheel. Fortunately, it
>>> rarely starts rolling away, but it seems to be the sort of thing that
>>> I could never get it to do if I was trying, but since I'm not, it
>>> happens almost half of the time.
>>
>> I would love to see it, never happens to me! And if it did I bet it
>> would roll away.
>
> That's my fear each time I squeeze one out! Strangely, they usually
> just land standing up with no rolling.
>
> This is the sort of thing that every so often it might happen three
> times in a row, but if someone offered me money to do it three times
> in a row, it would NEVER happen.

maybe something to do with the shape at the sides?

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Majorca

<20230714-204257.316.0@Calvin-Henry-Cotnam.news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1606&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1606

From: cal...@remove.daxack.ca (Calvin Henry-Cotnam)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:42:57 -0400
 by: Calvin Henry-Cotnam - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:42 UTC

kat (littlelionne@hotmail.com) said...
>On 08/07/2023 02:26, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
>>
>> This is the sort of thing that every so often it might happen three
>> times in a row, but if someone offered me money to do it three times
>> in a row, it would NEVER happen.
>>

>maybe something to do with the shape at the sides?

They must have the perfect balance.