Things worth having are worth cheating for.

arts / rec.arts.tv / TV news for Sept. 17-23

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for Sept. 17-23anim8rfsk
+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23anim8rfsk
|+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23shawn
||+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23anim8rfsk
|||`* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23shawn
||| `- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Micky DuPree
||+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23BTR1701
|||`- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Ian J. Ball
||`- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Micky DuPree
|+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Ian J. Ball
||`* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Adam H. Kerman
|| `- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Ian J. Ball
|`- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Ian J. Ball
+* Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23Ian J. Ball
|`- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23BTR1701
`- Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23BTR1701

1
TV news for Sept. 17-23

<301355056.685694696.221530.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158114&group=rec.arts.tv#158114

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for Sept. 17-23
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 23:55:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:55 UTC

TV news for Sept. 17-23

(In this week’s exciting adventure!

"A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic"

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!) -Anim

ABC News

Drew Goddard Drama Based On French Series 'HIP' Gets ABC Pilot Order (Sept.
20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/drew-goddard-drama-french-series-hip-gets-abc-pilot-order-1235122973/

CBS News

'FBI': Season 4 Finale Pulled Following School Shooting Gets New Air Date
(Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/fbi-season-4-finale-pulled-episode-uvalde-school-shooting-rescheduled-air-date-1235125783/

'The Equalizer': Donal Logue & Gloria Reuben Join Season 3 (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-equalizer-donal-logue-gloria-reuben-season-3-1235123034/

CW News

'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
(Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-flash-richard-harmon-cw-series-captain-boomerang-1235124074/

NBC News

'La Brea': Martin Sensmeier Joins Season 2 Cast Of NBC Series (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/la-brea-martin-sensmeier-season-2-cast-nbc-series-1235124772/

Retta To Star In 'Murder By The Book' Drama From Jenna Bans & Bill Krebs
Set At NBC As Put Pilot In 'Good Girls' Reunion (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/retta-star-murder-by-the-book-drama-jenna-bans-bill-krebs-put-pilot-nbc-good-girls-reunion-1235123132/

Cable channel news

'True Detective': John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw Among
Season 4 Cast Of HBO Anthology Series (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/true-detective-night-country-john-hawkes-christopher-eccleston-fiona-shaw-finn-bennett-anna-lambe-season-4-cast-hbo-1235125712/

'The White Lotus' Season 2 Gets HBO Premiere Date (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-white-lotus-season-2-hbo-premiere-date-photo-1235125593/

'Scanners' Series Remake In The Works At HBO (Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/scanners-hbo-series-1235123991/

Bradley Whitford Joins AMC Series 'Parish' [formerly 'The Driver'] As
Recurring (Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/bradley-whitford-amc-series-parish-recurring-the-driver-1235123671/

'Feud': Molly Ringwald Joins Season 2 Of Ryan Murphy's FX Series (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/molly-ringwald-feud-season-2-ryan-murphy-fx-joanne-carson-1235123195/

'Step Up' Season 3 Trailer & Premiere Date: First Look At Christina Milian
In Role Originated By The Late Naya Rivera [Starz] (Sept. 17)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/step-up-season-3-trailer-christina-milian-role-originated-late-naya-rivera-premiere-date-1235121198/

Streaming service news

'Queer As Folk' Canceled By Peacock After One Season (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/queer-as-folk-canceled-peacock-one-season-1235126316/

'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' Adds 'HSM' Vets Corbin Bleu,
Lucas Grabeel, Monique Coleman & More [Disney+] (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/high-school-musical-the-musical-the-series-adds-corbin-bleu-lucas-grabeel-monique-coleman-1235125662/

'Wednesday': Tim Burton's Addams Family Series Gets Netflix Premiere Date
(Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/wednesday-tim-burton-addams-family-series-netflix-premiere-date-1235125577/

'Mrs. Davis': Chris Diamantopoulos, Ashley Romans And Katja Herbers Join
Peacock Drama Series (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/mrs-davis-chris-diamantopoulos-ashley-romans-katja-herbers-peacock-drama-series-1235124922/

Vince Gilligan's Next Series Starring Rhea Seehorn Lands At Apple TV+ With
Two-Season Order (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/vince-gilligan-next-series-rhea-seehorn-star-apple-tv-plus-two-season-order-1235124488/

'Harlan Coben's Shelter' Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More To Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/harlan-cobens-shelter-missi-pyle-stephanie-march-adrienne-barbeau-peter-riegert-manuel-uriza-cast-1235124319/

'1923': Jerome Flynn Cast In Taylor Sheridan's 'Yellowstone' Prequel At
Paramount+ (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/1923-jerome-flynn-cast-taylor-sheridans-yellowstone-prequel-paramount-plus-1235124856/

FX's 'Reservation Dogs' Renewed For Season 3 On Hulu (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/reservation-dogs-renewed-season-3-fx-hulu-1235124924/

'The Terminal List': Chris Pratt Hints That More Episodes Are Coming
[Prime Video] (Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-terminal-list-chris-pratt-more-episodes-coming-1235124078/

'Tulsa King': Sylvester Stallone's Gangster Is "A Different Animal You
Would Normally See" In Mob Dramas [Paramount+] (Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/tulsa-king-sylvester-stallone-different-kind-mobster-1235123959/

'Reacher' Rounds Out Season 2 Cast With Serinda Swan, Ferdinand Kingsley,
Rory Cochrane, More [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/reacher-season-2-cast-serinda-swan-ferdinand-kingsley-rory-cochrane-1235123778/

'Criminal Minds: Evolution' Announces Premiere Date On Paramount+ (Sept.
21)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/criminal-minds-evolution-premiere-date-paramount-1235123822/

Logan Lerman To Star In Hulu's 'We Were The Lucky Ones' (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/logan-lerman-hulu-we-were-the-lucky-ones-1235122840/

'Mayor Of Kingstown': Gratiela Brancusi & Lane Garrison Join Season 2
[Paramount+] (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/mayor-of-kingstown-gratiela-brancusi-lane-garrison-season-2-cast-1235122849/

Jharrel Jerome Joins Steven Soderbergh's 'Full Circle' HBO Max Limited
Series (Sept. 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/jharrel-jerome-cast-steven-soderbergh-full-circle-hbo-max-limited-series-1235122740/

'Thursday Night Football' Amazon Debut "A Resounding Success," Prime Video
Sports Boss Jay Marine Says (Sept. 19)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/nfl-thursday-night-football-amazon-debut-success-sports-boss-claims-1235122576/

Ratings

Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/

The business of TV and streaming

"A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic": Danish Producers
Urge Netflix, Viaplay & Create Denmark Union To Return To Negotiating Table
Or Risk $200M Loss (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/netflix-viaplay-disney-denmark-commissioning-decimation-1235125461/

Netflix Unveils Winner Of $20,000 Israeli TV Series Prize As Streamer
Deepens Ties With Nation (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/netflix-ted-sarandos-israel-winner-1235125425/

Obituaries

Louise Fletcher Dies: Oscar-Winning 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' Actor
Was 88 (Sept. 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/louise-fletcher-dead-obituary-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-oscar-best-actress-1235126266/

Other News

'Riverdale' Actor Ryan Grantham Sentenced To Life Behind Bars For
Matricide; Not Eligible For Parole For 14 Years (Sept. 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/09/riverdale-actor-murder-sentence-ryan-grantham-killed-mother-vancouver-1235125270/

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<1099511625.685696549.793831.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158117&group=rec.arts.tv#158117

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:41:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:41 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>
> (In this week’s exciting adventure!
>
> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic"
>
> Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!) -Anim

I guess that would be 5% then.

> ABC News
>

> Drew Goddard Drama Based On French Series 'HIP' Gets ABC Pilot Order (Sept.
> 20)

He was responsible for the preplanned exit of Doyle on ANGEL, right?

> CBS News

> CW News
>

> 'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
> (Sept. 21)

According to IMDb (whose new format I am liking a lot better) the original
boomerang actor, Nick Tarabay, ended his career with last year‘s appearance
as a CLYPSO on Stargirl SG1 which I of course wasn’t able to see.

> NBC News
>

> 'La Brea': Martin Sensmeier Joins Season 2 Cast Of NBC Series (Sept. 22)

I’m gonna watch it but I’m not gonna like it

> Cable channel news
>

> 'True Detective': John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw Among
> Season 4 Cast Of HBO Anthology Series (Sept. 23)

No hi ho no show ho!

> 'The White Lotus' Season 2 Gets HBO Premiere Date (Sept. 23)

There she is!

> 'Scanners' Series Remake In The Works At HBO (Sept. 21)

The press for this show somebody standing with a gigantic head which if it
explodes it’s going to kill everyone in sight.

> 'Feud': Molly Ringwald Joins Season 2 Of Ryan Murphy's FX Series (Sept. 20)

Seriously, go back to Europe.

> 'Step Up' Season 3 Trailer & Premiere Date: First Look At Christina Milian
> In Role Originated By The Late Naya Rivera [Starz] (Sept. 17)

Hey, Christina, if you’re too good to sing Kim possible, you’re not good
enough for me to watch a show. Besides, nobody gets stars!

> Streaming service news
>

> 'Queer As Folk' Canceled By Peacock After One Season (Sept. 23)

Peacocks seem to be the perfect place for them. Not that I even knew it was
on because there’s no way to find anything on the Peacock.

> 'Wednesday': Tim Burton's Addams Family Series Gets Netflix Premiere Date
> (Sept. 23)

Burton said that I am to never watch any of his movies ever again. I’m
going to assume he meant TV shows as well.

> 'Mrs. Davis': Chris Diamantopoulos, Ashley Romans And Katja Herbers Join
> Peacock Drama Series (Sept. 22)

Dammit, for one brief shining moment I thought they meant Chris Demetral
had come out of retirement.

> Vince Gilligan's Next Series Starring Rhea Seehorn Lands At Apple TV+ With
> Two-Season Order (Sept. 22)

But Apple TV+ doesn’t work!

> 'Harlan Coben's Shelter' Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
> Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More To Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
> 22)

That would’ve been some bad power a decade or two ago

> '1923': Jerome Flynn Cast In Taylor Sheridan's 'Yellowstone' Prequel At
> Paramount+ (Sept. 22)

Nobody gets Paramont + plus pudding!

Oh, wait. I do.

> FX's 'Reservation Dogs' Renewed For Season 3 On Hulu (Sept. 22)

See, now, if it was Reservoir dogs it would star Angie Harmon and she would
be very young and very nudity naked.

> 'The Terminal List': Chris Pratt Hints That More Episodes Are Coming
> [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)

I got bored during the pilot episode and bailed during the funeral
sequences. Did it get any better?

> 'Reacher' Rounds Out Season 2 Cast With Serinda Swan, Ferdinand Kingsley,
> Rory Cochrane, More [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)

Did Swan ever grow her hair out?

> 'Criminal Minds: Evolution' Announces Premiere Date On Paramount+ (Sept.
> 21)

No Lola, no Shola!

> Ratings
>

> Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
> Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/

The only one I watched was NCIS and it was absolutely terrible especially
the Hawaii back calf.

> The business of TV and streaming
>

> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic": Danish Producers
> Urge Netflix, Viaplay & Create Denmark Union To Return To Negotiating Table
> Or Risk $200M Loss (Sept. 23)

I am still laughing.

> Netflix Unveils Winner Of $20,000 Israeli TV Series Prize As Streamer
> Deepens Ties With Nation (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/netflix-ted-sarandos-israel-winner-1235125425/

I am almost tempted to read that to figure out what the hell they’re
talking about.

Almost.

> Obituaries
>

> Louise Fletcher Dies: Oscar-Winning 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' Actor
> Was 88 (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/louise-fletcher-dead-obituary-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-oscar-best-actress-1235126266/

Kai Wynn!

> Other News
>

> 'Riverdale' Actor Ryan Grantham Sentenced To Life Behind Bars For
> Matricide; Not Eligible For Parole For 14 Years (Sept. 22)

He wasn’t a Riverdale actor anymore than Vanessa Morgan is. Just a
glorified walk on.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<m4ptihd0gdvg883dledv61e6jmrclporeq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158136&group=rec.arts.tv#158136

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:21:39 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:21 UTC

On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:41:47 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>
>> (In this week’s exciting adventure!
>>
>> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic"
>>
>> Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!) -Anim
>
>I guess that would be 5% then.
>

>> ABC News
>>

>> Drew Goddard Drama Based On French Series 'HIP' Gets ABC Pilot Order (Sept.
>> 20)
>>

>He was responsible for the preplanned exit of Doyle on ANGEL, right?

Was that actually preplanned or did the actor make it necessary?

>> CBS News

>> CW News
>>

>> 'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
>> (Sept. 21)
>
>According to IMDb (whose new format I am liking a lot better) the original
>boomerang actor, Nick Tarabay, ended his career with last year‘s appearance
>as a CLYPSO on Stargirl SG1 which I of course wasn’t able to see.

>> NBC News
>>

>> 'La Brea': Martin Sensmeier Joins Season 2 Cast Of NBC Series (Sept. 22)
>>

>I’m gonna watch it but I’m not gonna like it

But you will snark about it.

>> Cable channel news
>>

>> 'Harlan Coben's Shelter' Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
>> Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More To Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
>> 22)
>
>That would’ve been some bad power a decade or two ago

Great cast but I don't know if I'm ready for another YA drama.

>> 'Reacher' Rounds Out Season 2 Cast With Serinda Swan, Ferdinand Kingsley,
>> Rory Cochrane, More [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)
>
>Did Swan ever grow her hair out?

The answer is yes, but who knows what look she will take on for
REACHER. After all she is supposed to be ex-military so the short hair
look wouldn't be out of place.
https://www.listal.com/serinda-swan/pictures

>> 'Criminal Minds: Evolution' Announces Premiere Date On Paramount+ (Sept.
>> 21)
>
>No Lola, no Shola!

Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with an
FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to see
that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s. At
least it looks like Lola is still acting (in THE OFFER) so maybe?

>> Ratings
>>

>> Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
>> Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/
>>

>The only one I watched was NCIS and it was absolutely terrible especially
>the Hawaii back calf.

You didn't like the guy who was upset that his father figure rejected
him 20 years ago and is now willing to kill hundreds of people just to
get back at him?

>> The business of TV and streaming
>>

>> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic": Danish Producers
>> Urge Netflix, Viaplay & Create Denmark Union To Return To Negotiating Table
>> Or Risk $200M Loss (Sept. 23)
>
>I am still laughing.

I'm guessing this decimation of half will happen in multiple waves to
reach the half total.

>> Netflix Unveils Winner Of $20,000 Israeli TV Series Prize As Streamer
>> Deepens Ties With Nation (Sept. 23)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2022/09/netflix-ted-sarandos-israel-winner-1235125425/
>>

>I am almost tempted to read that to figure out what the hell they’re
>talking about.
>
>Almost.

My interpretation= There was an Israeli TV series with a $20k prize
that they awarded to the winner. This is taken as a sign that Netflix
will do more with Israel in the future.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<1841716553.685716996.389713.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158140&group=rec.arts.tv#158140

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:08:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 13:08 UTC

> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:41:47 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>>
>>> (In this week’s exciting adventure!
>>>
>>> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic"
>>>
>>> Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!) -Anim
>>
>> I guess that would be 5% then.
>>

>>> ABC News
>>>

>>> Drew Goddard Drama Based On French Series 'HIP' Gets ABC Pilot Order (Sept.
>>> 20)
>>>

>> He was responsible for the preplanned exit of Doyle on ANGEL, right?
>
> Was that actually preplanned or did the actor make it necessary?

To quote PSYCH
I’ve heard it both ways, the right way and then Ian’s

The official story is that it was planned as a stopgap until Wesley the
rogue vampire watcher became available. Others say it’s because the Doyle
actor was too drugged out to keep going.

>>> CBS News

>>> CW News
>>>

>>> 'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
>>> (Sept. 21)
>>
>> According to IMDb (whose new format I am liking a lot better) the original
>> boomerang actor, Nick Tarabay, ended his career with last year‘s appearance
>> as a CLYPSO on Stargirl SG1 which I of course wasn’t able to see.

>>> NBC News
>>>

>>> 'La Brea': Martin Sensmeier Joins Season 2 Cast Of NBC Series (Sept. 22)
>>>

>> I’m gonna watch it but I’m not gonna like it
>
> But you will snark about it.

Wouldn’t you be disappointed otherwise?

>>> Cable channel news
>>>

>>> 'Harlan Coben's Shelter' Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
>>> Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More To Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
>>> 22)
>>
>> That would’ve been some bad power a decade or two ago
>
> Great cast but I don't know if I'm ready for another YA drama.
>

>>> 'Reacher' Rounds Out Season 2 Cast With Serinda Swan, Ferdinand Kingsley,
>>> Rory Cochrane, More [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)
>>
>> Did Swan ever grow her hair out?
>
> The answer is yes, but who knows what look she will take on for
> REACHER. After all she is supposed to be ex-military so the short hair
> look wouldn't be out of place.
> https://www.listal.com/serinda-swan/pictures

Wow, lots and lots of pictures!

>>> 'Criminal Minds: Evolution' Announces Premiere Date On Paramount+ (Sept.
>>> 21)
>>
>> No Lola, no Shola!
>
> Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with an
> FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to see
> that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s. At
> least it looks like Lola is still acting (in THE OFFER) so maybe?

I almost watched the expanse because she was in it. Almost.

Even Ian wants some Lola closure.

>>> Ratings
>>>

>>> Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
>>> Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/
>>>

>> The only one I watched was NCIS and it was absolutely terrible especially
>> the Hawaii back calf.
>
> You didn't like the guy who was upset that his father figure rejected
> him 20 years ago and is now willing to kill hundreds of people just to
> get back at him?

And spent years and years plotting this and dragging NCIS into it for no
reason whatsoever.

>>> The business of TV and streaming
>>>

>>> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic": Danish Producers
>>> Urge Netflix, Viaplay & Create Denmark Union To Return To Negotiating Table
>>> Or Risk $200M Loss (Sept. 23)
>>
>> I am still laughing.
>
> I'm guessing this decimation of half will happen in multiple waves to
> reach the half total.

Or they’re going for 5% total.

>>> Netflix Unveils Winner Of $20,000 Israeli TV Series Prize As Streamer
>>> Deepens Ties With Nation (Sept. 23)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2022/09/netflix-ted-sarandos-israel-winner-1235125425/
>>>

>> I am almost tempted to read that to figure out what the hell they’re
>> talking about.
>>
>> Almost.
>
> My interpretation= There was an Israeli TV series with a $20k prize
> that they awarded to the winner. This is taken as a sign that Netflix
> will do more with Israel in the future.

Ahhhh. Thanks. I seriously had no idea what they were talking about there.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<jj4uiht0cu6najb79j90b2bhl14ko3c5d3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158146&group=rec.arts.tv#158146

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:28:16 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:28 UTC

On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:08:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:41:47 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I’m gonna watch it but I’m not gonna like it
>>
>> But you will snark about it.
>
>Wouldn’t you be disappointed otherwise?

I would. After all I'll be watching and talking with my friends about
it live so it will be interesting to hear your opinion of the
masterwork that will know it will be.

>>> No Lola, no Shola!
>>
>> Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with an
>> FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to see
>> that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s. At
>> least it looks like Lola is still acting (in THE OFFER) so maybe?
>>

>I almost watched the expanse because she was in it. Almost.

You have missed out on a great show. Sadly she only appeared in one
episode so if you were to watch it only for her it wouldn't be
rewarding, but the show has many other great performances, especially
among the Belters.

>Even Ian wants some Lola closure.

>>> The only one I watched was NCIS and it was absolutely terrible especially
>>> the Hawaii back calf.
>>
>> You didn't like the guy who was upset that his father figure rejected
>> him 20 years ago and is now willing to kill hundreds of people just to
>> get back at him?
>
>And spent years and years plotting this and dragging NCIS into it for no
>reason whatsoever.

Now now, how else could he be sure to get the father and son together
in the same place? It's not like families ever have get togethers at
birthdays, holidays, just because it's a day ending in Y. He needed
that complex plan to bring them together and to show us how smart he
is. So smart he had a plan that offered no exit for him after going to
all that effort to get out of prison. Oh and so smart that he felt the
need to be involved when he could easily have had one of his minions
kill the son and leave a message for the dad that said he was
responsible, but then he couldn't have looked on as the father watched
the son die.

>>> I am still laughing.
>>
>> I'm guessing this decimation of half will happen in multiple waves to
>> reach the half total.
>
>Or they’re going for 5% total.

>>> I am almost tempted to read that to figure out what the hell they’re
>>> talking about.
>>>
>>> Almost.
>>
>> My interpretation= There was an Israeli TV series with a $20k prize
>> that they awarded to the winner. This is taken as a sign that Netflix
>> will do more with Israel in the future.
>
>Ahhhh. Thanks. I seriously had no idea what they were talking about there.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgn4dq$30bro$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158148&group=rec.arts.tv#158148

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:32:25 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:32 UTC

On 2022-09-24 07:41:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>
>> Cable channel news
>>

>> 'True Detective': John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw Among
>> Season 4 Cast Of HBO Anthology Series (Sept. 23)
>
> No hi ho no show ho!
>
>> 'The White Lotus' Season 2 Gets HBO Premiere Date (Sept. 23)
>
> There she is!

Daddario is not in season #2. Neither is Sydney Sweeney. But Meghann
Fahy will be in season #2, among others.

(I still haven't even watched season #1, and who know when I will!...)

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgn4om$30ct3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158149&group=rec.arts.tv#158149

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:38:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:38 UTC

On 2022-09-24 07:41:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>
>> CW News
>>

>> 'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
>> (Sept. 21)
>
> According to IMDb (whose new format I am liking a lot better) the original
> boomerang actor, Nick Tarabay, ended his career with last year‘s appearance
> as a CLYPSO on Stargirl SG1 which I of course wasn’t able to see.

Whoa!! Where are you seeing this? I'm in IMDb right now, and I see
nothing about Tarabay being fired (or "cancelled")...

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgn5g1$30fk4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158150&group=rec.arts.tv#158150

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:50:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 14:50 UTC

On 2022-09-24 06:55:11 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>

> CBS News
>

> 'FBI': Season 4 Finale Pulled Following School Shooting Gets New Air Date
> (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/fbi-season-4-finale-pulled-episode-uvalde-school-shooting-rescheduled-air-date-1235125783/

CBS = Cowards.

> 'The Equalizer': Donal Logue & Gloria Reuben Join Season 3 (Sept. 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-equalizer-donal-logue-gloria-reuben-season-3-1235123034/

Gloria Reuben?! Wow, they *really* don't want me to ever watch this show!!

(In all seriousness, Gloria Reuben was in something recently - I think
it was a Hallmark Channel flick - that I didn't totally hate her in...
Progress!!)

> CW News
>

> 'The Flash': Richard Harmon Joins CW Series As A New Captain Boomerang
> (Sept. 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-flash-richard-harmon-cw-series-captain-boomerang-1235124074/

I like Harmon (though I like Nick Tarabay even more!), but "The Flash"
is hot garbage now. The only thing that could have gotten me to come
back is if Candice Patton has actually quit before this season...

> Cable channel news
>

> 'True Detective': John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw Among
> Season 4 Cast Of HBO Anthology Series (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/true-detective-night-country-john-hawkes-christopher-eccleston-fiona-shaw-finn-bennett-anna-lambe-season-4-cast-hbo-1235125712/

So is season #4 set in the UK?! (No, I have not read the article...)

> 'The White Lotus' Season 2 Gets HBO Premiere Date (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-white-lotus-season-2-hbo-premiere-date-photo-1235125593/

Meghann Fahy!! Aubrey Plaza!!

> 'Scanners' Series Remake In The Works At HBO (Sept. 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/scanners-hbo-series-1235123991/

This sounds like a seriously bad idea. Cronenberg is not know for his
story-writing, and his "world-building" is 100% from "atmospherics". A
TV series will need, like, an actual *backstory* and character
development!

> 'Step Up' Season 3 Trailer & Premiere Date: First Look At Christina Milian
> In Role Originated By The Late Naya Rivera [Starz] (Sept. 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/step-up-season-3-trailer-christina-milian-role-originated-late-naya-rivera-premiere-date-1235121198/

It's easy to forget that there was a "Step Up" TV series, but no one
has ever seen it, as first it was on YouTube's "pay" service (IIRC),
and now it's on Starz, and... you know I have to say it!!:

NOBODY gets Starz!!

> Streaming service news
>

> 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' Adds 'HSM' Vets Corbin Bleu,
> Lucas Grabeel, Monique Coleman & More [Disney+] (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/high-school-musical-the-musical-the-series-adds-corbin-bleu-lucas-grabeel-monique-coleman-1235125662/

Disney+ has lots of stuff you couldn't pay me to watch - this is one of those.

> 'Wednesday': Tim Burton's Addams Family Series Gets Netflix Premiere Date
> (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/wednesday-tim-burton-addams-family-series-netflix-premiere-date-1235125577/

I'll probably at least sample this...

> 'Harlan Coben's Shelter' Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
> Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More To Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
> 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/harlan-cobens-shelter-missi-pyle-stephanie-march-adrienne-barbeau-peter-riegert-manuel-uriza-cast-1235124319/

That's an interesting cast. Guess I'll wait to see what it's about...

> '1923': Jerome Flynn Cast In Taylor Sheridan's 'Yellowstone' Prequel At
> Paramount+ (Sept. 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/1923-jerome-flynn-cast-taylor-sheridans-yellowstone-prequel-paramount-plus-1235124856/

[Cue it up!:] Nobody gets...!

> 'The Terminal List': Chris Pratt Hints That More Episodes Are Coming
> [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-terminal-list-chris-pratt-more-episodes-coming-1235124078/

Good. Will watch that.

> 'Reacher' Rounds Out Season 2 Cast With Serinda Swan, Ferdinand Kingsley,
> Rory Cochrane, More [Prime Video] (Sept. 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/reacher-season-2-cast-serinda-swan-ferdinand-kingsley-rory-cochrane-1235123778/

I was *in* at the word "Reacher"!!! :D

> 'Criminal Minds: Evolution' Announces Premiere Date On Paramount+ (Sept.
> 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/criminal-minds-evolution-premiere-date-paramount-1235123822/

Nobody gets...!

> Logan Lerman To Star In Hulu's 'We Were The Lucky Ones' (Sept. 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/logan-lerman-hulu-we-were-the-lucky-ones-1235122840/

Sounds like a total downer... :(

> 'Thursday Night Football' Amazon Debut "A Resounding Success," Prime Video
> Sports Boss Jay Marine Says (Sept. 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/nfl-thursday-night-football-amazon-debut-success-sports-boss-claims-1235122576/

Even I watched part of that one, but it was Chargers-Chiefs...

> Ratings
>

> Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
> Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/

Real answer: No one watches the broadcast nets anymore...

> Obituaries
>

> Louise Fletcher Dies: Oscar-Winning 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' Actor
> Was 88 (Sept. 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/09/louise-fletcher-dead-obituary-one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-oscar-best-actress-1235126266/

Can't believe she was 88! I want to say that I've seen her on TV stuff
within about the last 5 years or so, so she much have kept working
until near the end!

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgn8sl$30qhs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158154&group=rec.arts.tv#158154

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:48:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 15:48 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2022-09-24 07:41:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>>
>>> Cable channel news
>>>

>>> 'True Detective': John Hawkes, Christopher Eccleston, Fiona Shaw Among
>>> Season 4 Cast Of HBO Anthology Series (Sept. 23)
>>
>> No hi ho no show ho!
>>
>>> 'The White Lotus' Season 2 Gets HBO Premiere Date (Sept. 23)
>>
>> There she is!
>
>Daddario is not in season #2. Neither is Sydney Sweeney. But Meghann
>Fahy will be in season #2, among others.
>
>(I still haven't even watched season #1, and who know when I will!...)

I watched it. It's terrible. You don't have to.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgnbtg$314l3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158159&group=rec.arts.tv#158159

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 09:40:16 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 16:40 UTC

On 2022-09-24 15:48:37 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> No hi ho no show ho!

>>> There she is!
>>
>> Daddario is not in season #2. Neither is Sydney Sweeney. But Meghann
>> Fahy will be in season #2, among others.
>>
>> (I still haven't even watched season #1, and who know when I will!...)
>
> I watched it. It's terrible. You don't have to.

You watch "Your Honor" so I don't have to!!

"The White Lotus" I'm eventually going to have to bite the bullet on, I
fear... :S

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<atropos-083CD8.10300924092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158165&group=rec.arts.tv#158165

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:30:46 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 17:30 UTC

In article
<301355056.685694696.221530.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> TV news for Sept. 17-23

> THE EQUALIZER: Donal Logue & Gloria Reuben Join Season 3 (Sept. 20)

Gloria has always been a quiet and underrated hottie throughout the
years. Even as she's gotten old, she's still appreciated.

> SCANNERS Series Remake in the Works at HBO (Sept. 21)

How can they remake a series that never existed in the first place?
SCANNERS was a movie, not a TV series.

> STEP UP Season 3 Trailer & Premiere Date: First Look at Christina Milian
> in Role Originated by the Late Naya Rivera [Starz] (Sept. 17)

Christina was another one who could get me to watch something just
because of her beauty but I haven't seen her in years. Don't know if
she's still got it.

> 'Thursday Night Football' Amazon Debut "A Resounding Success," Prime Video
> Sports Boss Jay Marine Says (Sept. 19)

I have to admit, watching the game on streaming gives a *much* better
picture and sound than watching it on cable.

Only problem was halftime. They don't have the setup to do a normal
halftime show, so all we got was endless commercial breaks with them
coming back to Charissa Thompson for 10 seconds-- just long enough for
her to say "Stay tuned for the second half" and go back to another bank
of commercials.

> 'Riverdale' Actor Ryan Grantham Sentenced To Life Behind Bars For
> Matricide; Not Eligible For Parole For 14 Years (Sept. 22)

So not really life in prison, then, right?

Just like California, where people get sentenced to "life without the
possibility of parole" and then end up being paroled anyway.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<atropos-65582F.10344424092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158167&group=rec.arts.tv#158167

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:35:23 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 17:35 UTC

In article <tgn5g1$30fk4$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> > HARLAN COBEN'S SHELTER Adds Missi Pyle, Stephanie March, Adrienne
> > Barbeau, Peter Riegert, Manuel Uriza & More to Cast [Prime Video] (Sept.
> > 22)

> That's an interesting cast. Guess I'll wait to see what it's about...

A teen's dad dies and he has to send his mother to rehab. He meets a
cute girl at school and starts to get his life back together when she
disappears. As he searches for her, he finds that she's not who she said
she was and starts to unravel a conspiracy that also involved his late
father.
> > Procedural Franchises Dominate Premiere Week Ratings, Reinforcing
> > Broadcasters' Programming Strategy In Streaming Era (Sept. 23)
> >
> > https://deadline.com/2022/09/chicago-fbi-law-order-ncis-911-1235126183/
>
> Real answer: No one watches the broadcast nets anymore...

I watched them all... but on the streaming services, not on broadcast.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<atropos-F64FC0.10392224092022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158168&group=rec.arts.tv#158168

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 10:39:57 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 17:39 UTC

In article <m4ptihd0gdvg883dledv61e6jmrclporeq@4ax.com>,

> Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with an
> FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to see
> that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s.

Which is the other end of the ridiculousness of NOOKIE: FEDS. She's told
old to be a rookie agent and Mantegna is too old to be an agent of any
kind. Mandatory retirement-- by law, no one can make an exception, not
even the president-- for a GS-1811 is 58 years old. A 70-year-old FBI
agent is just... stoopid.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<tgngkl$31iah$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158175&group=rec.arts.tv#158175

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 11:00:54 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:00 UTC

On 2022-09-24 17:39:57 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <m4ptihd0gdvg883dledv61e6jmrclporeq@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with an
>> FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to see
>> that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s.
>
> Which is the other end of the ridiculousness of NOOKIE: FEDS. She's told
> old to be a rookie agent and Mantegna is too old to be an agent of any
> kind. Mandatory retirement-- by law, no one can make an exception, not
> even the president-- for a GS-1811 is 58 years old. A 70-year-old FBI
> agent is just... stoopid.

Yeah, it could work if they said he was a "consultant". But to have him
be a full-fledged member of the team was ridiculous, going back to when
he joined the show.

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<thrmjc$a3e$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159942&group=rec.arts.tv#159942

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:23:24 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:23 UTC

shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:41:47 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:

>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> TV news for Sept. 17-23
>>>
>>> (In this week’s exciting adventure!
>>>
>>> "A Decimation Of Half The Industry Is Not Unrealistic"
>>>
>>> Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!) -Anim
>>
>>I guess that would be 5% then.
>>

>>> ABC News
>>>

>>> Drew Goddard Drama Based On French Series 'HIP' Gets ABC Pilot Order
>>> (Sept. 20)
>>

>> He was responsible for the preplanned exit of Doyle on ANGEL, right?
>
> Was that actually preplanned or did the actor make it necessary?

Didn't Whedon or Minear say after Quinn died that his addiction was the
reason he was let go, but they didn't want to say it at the time?

-Micky

Re: TV news for Sept. 17-23

<thrmtn$a3e$2@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159944&group=rec.arts.tv#159944

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:28:55 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 11:28 UTC

shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

> On Sat, 24 Sep 2022 06:08:03 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:

>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Whoa, I looked up the IMDB page and saw this white haired dude with
>>> an FBI vest on in the images and wondered who that was. Surprised to
>>> see that is Joe Mantegna. Didn't realize he was well into his 70s.
>>> At least it looks like Lola is still acting (in THE OFFER) so maybe?
>>
>> I almost watched the expanse because she was in it. Almost.
>
> You have missed out on a great show. Sadly she only appeared in one
> episode so if you were to watch it only for her it wouldn't be
> rewarding, but the show has many other great performances, especially
> among the Belters.

David Strathairn is especially good.

-Micky