From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Andor" isn't total trash, unlike most "Star Wars" movies and TV
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:17:44 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:17 UTC

On Sep 26, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> The man who plays the main character, the actor was in "Narcos: Mexico," is
> interesting, he has good range. In any case, this show is more interesting
> than the other "Star Wars" based series, the name of which escapes me.
> Mostly because this is a guy with a FACE and not an pseudo-robot human.

I've watched two episodes and I find it to be tedious and boring. Nothing
"Star Warsy" about it. Hell, they're barely ever even in space. Just one
endless scene after another of people skulking about grimy alleyways and tiny
living hovels in some anonymous backwater industrial world.

I hope it gets better but two episodes in, my hopes are fading. Only thing I
like about it is the girl mechanic, Bix. She's a smokeshow.

Re: "Andor" isn't total trash, unlike most "Star Wars" movies and TV

<tgtja6$3s4f7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158397&group=rec.arts.tv#158397

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 18:23:18 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:23 UTC

On 2022-09-27 01:17:44 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> On Sep 26, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The man who plays the main character, the actor was in "Narcos: Mexico," is
>> interesting, he has good range. In any case, this show is more interesting
>> than the other "Star Wars" based series, the name of which escapes me.
>> Mostly because this is a guy with a FACE and not an pseudo-robot human.
>
> I've watched two episodes and I find it to be tedious and boring. Nothing
> "Star Warsy" about it...

I don't regret skipping this. The more I read about it, the more it
sounded like a complete "miss".

Re: "Andor" isn't total trash, unlike most "Star Wars" movies and TV

<nsb7jhlsbut9ksmkto2icr7u6sbcsnfdih@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158569&group=rec.arts.tv#158569

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:21:50 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:21 UTC

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:17:44 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Sep 26, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The man who plays the main character, the actor was in "Narcos: Mexico," is
>> interesting, he has good range. In any case, this show is more interesting
>> than the other "Star Wars" based series, the name of which escapes me.
>> Mostly because this is a guy with a FACE and not an pseudo-robot human.
>
>I've watched two episodes and I find it to be tedious and boring. Nothing
>"Star Warsy" about it. Hell, they're barely ever even in space. Just one
>endless scene after another of people skulking about grimy alleyways and tiny
>living hovels in some anonymous backwater industrial world.
>
>I hope it gets better but two episodes in, my hopes are fading. Only thing I
>like about it is the girl mechanic, Bix. She's a smokeshow.

Wait a minute - I thought Andor was a Star Trek planet (they're the
blue people with horns) - or did I misread something?

Re: "Andor" isn't total trash, unlike most "Star Wars" movies and TV

<2uudnSPBYbY5Ia7-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158581&group=rec.arts.tv#158581

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 03:16:52 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 03:16 UTC

On Sep 27, 2022 at 7:21:50 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:17:44 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 26, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The man who plays the main character, the actor was in "Narcos: Mexico," is
>>> interesting, he has good range. In any case, this show is more interesting
>>> than the other "Star Wars" based series, the name of which escapes me.
>>> Mostly because this is a guy with a FACE and not an pseudo-robot human.
>>
>> I've watched two episodes and I find it to be tedious and boring. Nothing
>> "Star Warsy" about it. Hell, they're barely ever even in space. Just one
>> endless scene after another of people skulking about grimy alleyways and tiny
>> living hovels in some anonymous backwater industrial world.
>>
>> I hope it gets better but two episodes in, my hopes are fading. Only thing I
>> like about it is the girl mechanic, Bix. She's a smokeshow.
>>
> Wait a minute - I thought Andor was a Star Trek planet (they're the
> blue people with horns) - or did I misread something?

The series is about the backstory of Cassian Andor, the male lead from ROGUE
ONE.

Re: "Andor" isn't total trash, unlike most "Star Wars" movies and TV

<th0h2j$f2i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=158584&group=rec.arts.tv#158584

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:03:31 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 04:03 UTC

On 2022-09-28 02:21:50 +0000, The Horny Goat said:

> On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 01:17:44 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 26, 2022 at 5:03:59 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The man who plays the main character, the actor was in "Narcos: Mexico," is
>>> interesting, he has good range. In any case, this show is more interesting
>>> than the other "Star Wars" based series, the name of which escapes me.
>>> Mostly because this is a guy with a FACE and not an pseudo-robot human.
>>
>> I've watched two episodes and I find it to be tedious and boring. Nothing
>> "Star Warsy" about it. Hell, they're barely ever even in space. Just one
>> endless scene after another of people skulking about grimy alleyways and tiny
>> living hovels in some anonymous backwater industrial world.
>>
>> I hope it gets better but two episodes in, my hopes are fading. Only thing I
>> like about it is the girl mechanic, Bix. She's a smokeshow.
>
> Wait a minute - I thought Andor was a Star Trek planet (they're the
> blue people with horns) - or did I misread something?

Cassian Andor is a character in the movie "Star Wars Rogue One". For
some ridiculous reason Disney decided to give him a TV series, set as a
prequel to the movie.

The blue-skinned Andorians in Star Trek come from the planet Andoria,
but it is called Andor too (perhaps in a similar way to Earth and Terra
being two names for the same planet).

Andor is also a country in Robert Jordan's "A Wheel of Time" series of
fantasy books.