Dying is one of the few things that can be done as easily lying down. -- Woody Allen

arts / rec.music.classical.guitar / Re: Mozart the Fraud

SubjectAuthor
* Mozart the FraudMatt Faunce
+* Re: Mozart the FraudMatt Faunce
|`* Re: Mozart the FraudMatt Faunce
| `* Re: Mozart the FraudJohn Nguyen
|  `* Re: Mozart the FraudJMF
|   `* Re: Mozart the FraudMatt Faunce
|    `- Re: Mozart the FraudJMF
`- Re: Mozart the FraudAspiring to Heaven

1
Mozart the Fraud

<t1lbo3$urf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1585&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1585

From: mattfau...@gmail.com (Matt Faunce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Subject: Mozart the Fraud
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:21:07 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WLCRNqTg32KxxPzHnM/b8i4W3Ck=
 by: Matt Faunce - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:21 UTC

There’s, lately, been a lot of research reassessing the achievements of
Mozart and Haydn, finding a lot of solid evidence that both of these
historical figures are brands built on fraud, theft, and dishonest
marketing.

Here’s an interview of the researchers, and authors of the book, “Mozart.
The Fall of the Gods.” https://www.mozartthefallofthegods.com/

The researcher who piqued their interest is Giorgio Taboga. So, it’s worth
looking for his writings, too.

Here are some excerpts from the interview.

“Mozart was not a genius even as a teenager. In Bologna he risked not
passing the exam to become a Philharmonic Academician. If he had delivered
the exam assignment as he composed it, they would have rejected it. Father
Martini intervened and helped him by passing him the right solution. When
the examination board voted on his admission, not all votes were in favour,
as Leopold claimed. His exam paper was judged only sufficient due to the
circumstances.”

“As a child, Mozart suffered from the delusions of a cheating father, who
stole his childhood by denying him adequate education. As a young man, the
archbishop preferred other composers over him, and the courts held him in
low esteem, relegating him to a marginal position even in Vienna. In death,
his greedy wife forged the manuscripts to make the most of them. Miserably
compensated when he was alive, and forgotten at the time of his death, he
was transformed by businessmen into a brand.”

“According to our findings, we think Mozart wrote about 10% of what is
attributed to him.”

“HG: What composers are the ones the Mozarts used the most to present as
music by ‘by WA Mozart’?

“LB&AT: Many: Gasparini, Jommelli, Traetta, Paisiello, Myslivecek etc.”

“Mozart is big business. Proving with primary sources, as we do, that
Mozart is not a genius but a normal man, and a composer that was not even
especially gifted, certainly annoys many people.”

--
Matt

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<t1ld98$dia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1586&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1586

From: mattfau...@gmail.com (Matt Faunce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Subject: Re: Mozart the Fraud
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:47:20 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:RIXlqVqme9bdaW9iIfRmrdjbYq4=
 by: Matt Faunce - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:47 UTC

Matt Faunce <mattfaunce@gmail.com> wrote:
> There’s, lately, been a lot of research reassessing the achievements of
> Mozart and Haydn, finding a lot of solid evidence that both of these
> historical figures are brands built on fraud, theft, and dishonest
> marketing.
>
> Here’s an interview of the researchers, and authors of the book, “Mozart.
> The Fall of the Gods.” https://www.mozartthefallofthegods.com/
>
> The researcher who piqued their interest is Giorgio Taboga. So, it’s worth
> looking for his writings, too.
>
> Here are some excerpts from the interview.
>
> “Mozart was not a genius even as a teenager. In Bologna he risked not
> passing the exam to become a Philharmonic Academician. If he had delivered
> the exam assignment as he composed it, they would have rejected it. Father
> Martini intervened and helped him by passing him the right solution. When
> the examination board voted on his admission, not all votes were in favour,
> as Leopold claimed. His exam paper was judged only sufficient due to the
> circumstances.”
>
> “As a child, Mozart suffered from the delusions of a cheating father, who
> stole his childhood by denying him adequate education. As a young man, the
> archbishop preferred other composers over him, and the courts held him in
> low esteem, relegating him to a marginal position even in Vienna. In death,
> his greedy wife forged the manuscripts to make the most of them. Miserably
> compensated when he was alive, and forgotten at the time of his death, he
> was transformed by businessmen into a brand.”
>
> “According to our findings, we think Mozart wrote about 10% of what is
> attributed to him.”
>
> “HG: What composers are the ones the Mozarts used the most to present as
> music by ‘by WA Mozart’?
>
> “LB&AT: Many: Gasparini, Jommelli, Traetta, Paisiello, Myslivecek etc.”
>
> “Mozart is big business. Proving with primary sources, as we do, that
> Mozart is not a genius but a normal man, and a composer that was not even
> especially gifted, certainly annoys many people.”

Here’s more info, by another early researcher, Robert Newman.
https://www.talkclassical.com/865-controversy-over-true-musical.html

--
Matt

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<t1lev1$qmt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1587&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1587

From: mattfau...@gmail.com (Matt Faunce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:16:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:M/JAsNYuN8I7n5TWeo0yqzqzEB0=
 by: Matt Faunce - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:16 UTC

Matt Faunce <mattfaunce@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt Faunce <mattfaunce@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There’s, lately, been a lot of research reassessing the achievements of
>> Mozart and Haydn, finding a lot of solid evidence that both of these
>> historical figures are brands built on fraud, theft, and dishonest
>> marketing.
>>
>> Here’s an interview of the researchers, and authors of the book, “Mozart.
>> The Fall of the Gods.” https://www.mozartthefallofthegods.com/
>>
>> The researcher who piqued their interest is Giorgio Taboga. So, it’s worth
>> looking for his writings, too.
>>
>> Here are some excerpts from the interview.
>>
>> “Mozart was not a genius even as a teenager. In Bologna he risked not
>> passing the exam to become a Philharmonic Academician. If he had delivered
>> the exam assignment as he composed it, they would have rejected it. Father
>> Martini intervened and helped him by passing him the right solution. When
>> the examination board voted on his admission, not all votes were in favour,
>> as Leopold claimed. His exam paper was judged only sufficient due to the
>> circumstances.”
>>
>> “As a child, Mozart suffered from the delusions of a cheating father, who
>> stole his childhood by denying him adequate education. As a young man, the
>> archbishop preferred other composers over him, and the courts held him in
>> low esteem, relegating him to a marginal position even in Vienna. In death,
>> his greedy wife forged the manuscripts to make the most of them. Miserably
>> compensated when he was alive, and forgotten at the time of his death, he
>> was transformed by businessmen into a brand.”
>>
>> “According to our findings, we think Mozart wrote about 10% of what is
>> attributed to him.”
>>
>> “HG: What composers are the ones the Mozarts used the most to present as
>> music by ‘by WA Mozart’?
>>
>> “LB&AT: Many: Gasparini, Jommelli, Traetta, Paisiello, Myslivecek etc.”
>>
>> “Mozart is big business. Proving with primary sources, as we do, that
>> Mozart is not a genius but a normal man, and a composer that was not even
>> especially gifted, certainly annoys many people.”
>>

> Here’s more info, by another early researcher, Robert Newman.
> https://www.talkclassical.com/865-controversy-over-true-musical.html

A case of damnatio personae. Andrea Luchesi, and his role in the birth of
Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven myths, by Giorgio Taboga.
http://www.cartesio-episteme.net/episteme/epi4/ep4tabog.htm

Here’s a sign — a picture of Haydn with one eye shut — from a box-set
recording of “Haydn” symphonies.
https://www.allmusic.com/album/release/haydn-complete-name-symphonies-mr0002676415

--
Matt

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<268c4a63-2400-443d-bdbb-64c51ed61cadn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1588&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1588

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:55:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: johnnguy...@gmail.com (John Nguyen)
 by: John Nguyen - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 04:55 UTC

WOW!! I have to read this book!

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<t1n698$1jlt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1589&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1589

From: favaro.j...@tiscali.it (JMF)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 15:00:08 +0100
 by: JMF - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 14:00 UTC

On 3/26/2022 5:55 AM, John Nguyen wrote:
> On Friday, March 25, 2022 at 6:16:03 PM UTC-4, mattf...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Matt Faunce <mattf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Here’s a sign — a picture of Haydn with one eye shut — from a box-set
>> recording of “Haydn” symphonies.
>> https://www.allmusic.com/album/release/haydn-complete-name-symphonies-mr0002676415
>>

>> --
>> Matt
> WOW!! I have to read this book!

Very interesting, but it's only fair to note that it isn't without
controversy. Here's an article:

https://www.glistatigenerali.com/musica-classica_storia-cultura/tutta-la-vera-storia-delle-strampalate-fake-news-contro-w-a-mozart/

.... in which a concluding paragraph reads:

"In conclusion, it has been shown on the whole from several positions
that an editorial production aimed at the “demolition” of the so-called
Mozartian “myth” as in the two volumes entitled “Mozart. The fall of the
gods "is devoid of any scientific foundation, revealing frightening gaps
in numerous fields of knowledge and an expression of a sterile"
revisionism "that relies on the ingenuity of the general public, to
which is added even the obstinacy with which they are identified fans of
Mozart's music and in general of the great German musical tradition with
Nazism. As stated by prof. Tedeschi Turco on the blog of the Turin
Conservatory "the bizarre theses of Taboga and the two authors of
"Mozart The Fall of the Gods "have been screened and demolished every
time they have appeared in print or on the web: they are empty nonsense."

So not everybody agrees with their thesis.

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<t1ooqv$u27$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1591&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1591

From: mattfau...@gmail.com (Matt Faunce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 04:22:55 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0IbC21IYqk9Ox1Rd55QiSUYgvww=
 by: Matt Faunce - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 04:22 UTC

JMF <favaro.john@tiscali.it> wrote:
> On 3/26/2022 5:55 AM, John Nguyen wrote:
>> On Friday, March 25, 2022 at 6:16:03 PM UTC-4, mattf...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Matt Faunce <mattf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Here’s a sign — a picture of Haydn with one eye shut — from a box-set
>>> recording of “Haydn” symphonies.
>>> https://www.allmusic.com/album/release/haydn-complete-name-symphonies-mr0002676415
>>>

>>> --
>>> Matt
>> WOW!! I have to read this book!
>
> Very interesting, but it's only fair to note that it isn't without
> controversy. Here's an article:
>
> https://www.glistatigenerali.com/musica-classica_storia-cultura/tutta-la-vera-storia-delle-strampalate-fake-news-contro-w-a-mozart/
>
> ... in which a concluding paragraph reads:
>
> "In conclusion, it has been shown on the whole from several positions
> that an editorial production aimed at the “demolition” of the so-called
> Mozartian “myth” as in the two volumes entitled “Mozart. The fall of the
> gods "is devoid of any scientific foundation, revealing frightening gaps
> in numerous fields of knowledge and an expression of a sterile"
> revisionism "that relies on the ingenuity of the general public, to
> which is added even the obstinacy with which they are identified fans of
> Mozart's music and in general of the great German musical tradition with
> Nazism. As stated by prof. Tedeschi Turco on the blog of the Turin
> Conservatory "the bizarre theses of Taboga and the two authors of
> "Mozart The Fall of the Gods "have been screened and demolished every
> time they have appeared in print or on the web: they are empty nonsense."
>
> So not everybody agrees with their thesis.

Of course, the response in the link was expected.

I might have to dig deeper into this issue.

--
Matt

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<t1p8b5$1cuc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1592&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1592

From: favaro.j...@tiscali.it (JMF)
Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:47:34 +0200
 by: JMF - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 08:47 UTC

On 3/27/2022 6:22 AM, Matt Faunce wrote:
> JMF <favaro.john@tiscali.it> wrote:
>> So not everybody agrees with their thesis.
>>

> Of course, the response in the link was expected.
>
> I might have to dig deeper into this issue.

Let us know what you find out!

Re: Mozart the Fraud

<a19f1fcf-c324-4375-bdbe-7207f7627592n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1594&group=rec.music.classical.guitar#1594

Newsgroups: rec.music.classical.guitar
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:39:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: aspiring...@gmail.com (Aspiring to Heaven)
 by: Aspiring to Heaven - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:39 UTC

On Friday, March 25, 2022 at 2:21:09 PM UTC-7, mattf...@gmail.com wrote:
> There’s, lately, been a lot of research reassessing the achievements of
> Mozart and Haydn, finding a lot of solid evidence that both of these
> historical figures are brands built on fraud, theft, and dishonest
> marketing.
>
> Here’s an interview of the researchers, and authors of the book, “Mozart.
> The Fall of the Gods.” https://www.mozartthefallofthegods.com/
>
> The researcher who piqued their interest is Giorgio Taboga. So, it’s worth
> looking for his writings, too.

Shame on you for promoting this garbage.