Words are the voice of the heart.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| `- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
|+* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
||`* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|| `* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
||  `* Re: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
||   `- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programmingBTR1701
+* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|+- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programmingBTR1701
|`* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
| `- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programmingBTR1701
+* Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
`- Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programmingUbiquitous

1
Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159201&group=rec.arts.tv#159201

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 01:43:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 08:43 UTC

Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, Oct. 1

Streaming:

Bite Size Halloween (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)

20 new horrifying shorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLkMX9sut2A

Huluween Dragstravaganza (special) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Glitz. Glamour. Ghouls. It's the Variety Show that literally kills!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYtNNjX85_8

The Wall [La faille] (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Crackle)

Detective Sergeant Celine Trudeau is assigned to investigate a strange
homicide that took place in Fermont, a small mining town on the Labrador
border. Upon arriving, she discovers "The Wall"­an immense structure that
protects the inhabitants from the icy Arctic wind. This place of refuge for
the population becomes a crime scene. French-language Canadian series set
in Quebec. Season 1 premiered in 2019 and season 2 in 2021.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11577386/

Broadcast and cable:

Halloween in Hollywood (special) (8 pm, NBC)

Hosted by Chris Hardwick from Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights,
this immersive fan-focused event will be a celebration of horror fandom and
of NBCUniversal's role in defining and redefining the genre over the past
century and its vision for the future of horror. The special will include a
message from "Halloween Ends" star Jamie Lee Curtis; Producer Jason Blum,
CEO and Founder, Blumhouse; and director David Gordon Green. It will also
feature a sneak peek at the film, which arrives in theaters and begins
streaming only on Peacock on Oct. 14.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2022/09/28/halloween-in-hollywood-airs-saturday-oct-1-at-8-pm-on-nbc-and-streaming-next-day-on-peacock-827013/20220928nbc02/

Austin City Limits (season 48 premiere) (8 pm, PBS)

https://acltv.com/

The Gabby Petito Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

The disappearance of Gabby Petito captured America’s attention, setting off
a nationwide search for the 22-year-old travel blogger after her parents
reported her missing in September 2021, when she failed to return home
following her cross country “van-life” trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie.
Non-stop coverage on the news drove amateur sleuths to dissect Gabby’s
social media posts for clues about what happened to her during her trip,
leading to the eventual discovery of her body in Wyoming. As the one-year
anniversary of her tragic death approaches, the movie will bring to life
Gabby and Brian’s doomed love story, including the warning signs that
Gabby’s life was in danger, the ensuing search for her, the eventual
discovery of her murder and ultimately, Brian’s suicide. Stars Skyler
Samuels and Evan Hall.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-gabby-petito-story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20049600/

Girlfriendship (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A booking mix-up turns Samara's birthday getaway into a week-long journey
where she and her friends rediscover their passions, their purpose and
romance. Stars Tamera Mowry-Housley, Lyndie Greenwood, Krystal Joy Brown
and Brad James.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/girlfriendship

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21969154/

Home for Harvest (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)

A travel writer is surprised to be sent back to the home town she left,
heartbroken, years before. When she arrives, shes confronted by romance --
old and new. 2019 Canadian film starring Brigette Kingsley and Landy
Cannon.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/home-for-harvest/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10388558/

Yvonne Orji: A Whole Me (comedy special) (10-11 pm, HBO)

Behind the Headlines: The Gabby Petito Story (documentary)
(10-11 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Saturday Night Live (season 48 premiere) (11:30 pm, NBC)

Housing Complex C [new] (midnight, Adult Swim)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8QtXL4GSs

Sunday, Oct. 2

Forever Queens [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

This series follows the lives of Mexican show biz queens Lucía Méndez,
Laura Zapata, Sylvia Pasquel and Lorena Herrera as they reinvent
themselves. Mexican series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81479881

America's Funniest Home Videos (season 33 premiere) (7 pm,
ABC)

A Country Romance (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

A woman finds romance with a handsome local when she returns home to help
her father with the family vineyard. Stars Alix Angelis and Jonathan
Bennett. 2021 film apparently also available on Freevee.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12536348/

https://uptv.com/movies/a-country-romance/

Family Law [new to US] (8 pm, CW)

After losing her job, Abigail "Abby" Bianch (Jewel Staite) returns home to
Vancouver to work at her estranged father's (Victor Garber) law firm with
her two half-siblings in this Canadian series that originally premiered on
Global TV in September 2021.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/family-law-2022

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11873484/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2WHYA9J-I

The Equalizer (season 3 premiere) (8:30 pm, CBS)

Adam Glass and Joseph C. Wilson take over as showrunners for the third
season of the reimagining of the 1980s series of the same name.

Coroner (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

Jenny [Serinda Swan] takes a vacation after the events at the end of season
three in the fourth season of the Canadian drama that also stars Roger
Cross. Premiered originally on CBC on January 6.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8593252/

The Walking Dead (final 8 episodes of final season 11) (9
pm, AMC)

The series concludes on Sunday, Nov. 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7h11cC6di4

Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21969174/

2013 online series picking up from the pilot:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2952630/

2004 unaired UPN pilot starring Christina Cox and Liz Vassey as New Orleans
PD partners and lovers:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320104/

East New York [new] (9:30 pm, CBS)

Deputy Inspector Regina Haywood (Amanda Warren) takes over the 74th
Precinct at the eastern edge of Brooklyn, and with help from her mentor
Chief John Suarez (Jimmy Smits) and her police squad she seeks to change
how the community and police interact. Kevin Rankin, Richard Kind, and
Ruben Santiago-Hudson also star.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/east-new-york/season-1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18115928/

https://www.cbs.com/shows/east-new-york/

Interview With the Vampire [new] (10 pm, AMC)

Louis de Pointe (Jacob Anderson) tells a reporter (Eric Bogosian as
journalist Daniel Molloy) about his life in 1900s New Orleans, becoming a
vampire companion to Lestat De Lioncourt (Sam Reid) and the arrival of
child vampire Claudia (Bailey Bass) in the series adaptation of Anne Rice's
1976 novel of the same name that was previously turned into a 1994 movie
starring Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Christian Slater, Antonio Banderas and
Kirsten Dunst. Seven episodes; already renewed for an 8-episode second
season. This episode and next week's episode apparently start at 10:06 pm.

You can expect many more Anne Rice adaptations in the future: AMC has
acquired rights to 18 of the author's books (in the Mayfair Witches series
in addition to the Vampire Chronicles franchise), so more series and films
will follow under the guidance of Breaking Bad producer Mark Johnson at a
rate of 1-2 new titles per year. Rice died in December 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdX2FhxsHIY

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/interview-with-the-vampire/season-1 [score
83]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14921986/

1994 movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110148/

Nothing Compares (documentary) (10 pm, Showtime)

Belfast native Kathryn Ferguson heads south of the border to find the
subject for her first feature-length documentary: Irish singer-songwriter
Sinéad O'Connor, whose early pop stardom in the late 1980s gave way to
increasing controversy and activism (as well as a more under-the-radar
continuing music career). Nothing Compares focuses on the first half of
that description: O'Connor's rise to fame following a difficult childhood
and her first, often misunderstood, attempts to take on the establishment.
The result divided critics a bit when Nothing Compares debuted at Sundance
early this year, but reviews were positive overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLy1A4En4U

Blumhouse's Compendium of Horror (documentary miniseries)
(10 pm, Epix)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<1720462026.686394262.075171.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159205&group=rec.arts.tv#159205

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 02:53:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 09:53 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Oct. 1
>

> Streaming:
>

> Bite Size Halloween (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> 20 new horrifying shorts

Huh. AddEd to my list.

> Huluween Dragstravaganza (special) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Glitz. Glamour. Ghouls. It's the Variety Show that literally kills!

Not a chance in hell although I am fascinated what by whatever it is they
think literally means.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Halloween in Hollywood (special) (8 pm, NBC)
>
> Hosted by Chris Hardwick

The first man ever to recover from being framed by #me too

from Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights,
> this immersive fan-focused event

Well that doesn’t sound good

will be a celebration of horror fandom and
> of NBCUniversal's role in defining and redefining the genre over the past
> century and its vision for the future of horror. The special will include a
> message from "Halloween Ends" star Jamie Lee Curtis;

You’re losing me fast

Producer Jason Blum,
> CEO and Founder, Blumhouse; and director David Gordon Green. It will also
> feature a sneak peek at the film, which arrives in theaters and begins
> streaming only on Peacock on Oct. 14.

> Sunday, Oct. 2
>

> Forever Queens [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This series follows the lives of Mexican show biz queens Lucía Méndez,

NO

> A Country Romance (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets up

> Bennett. 2021 film apparently also available on Freevee.

Nobody gets up for free

> Family Law [new to US] (8 pm, CW)
>
> After losing her job, Abigail "Abby" Bianch (Jewel Staite)

Well I do like her, but…

returns home to
> Vancouver to work at her estranged father's (Victor Garber) law firm with
> her two half-siblings in this Canadian series that originally premiered on
> Global TV in September 2021.

The C Dub must die

> The Equalizer (season 3 premiere) (8:30 pm, CBS)
>
> Adam Glass and Joseph C. Wilson take over as showrunners for the third
> season of the reimagining of the 1980s series of the same name.

No Noth no show!

> The Walking Dead (final 8 episodes of final season 11) (9
> pm, AMC)

I told the DVR to grab the last few episodes not that I think I’ll have any
idea what’s happening or even recognize anyone.

> The series concludes on Sunday, Nov. 20.

So they’re wildly over shooting Halloween.

> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>
> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21969174/
>
> 2013 online series picking up from the pilot:
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2952630/
>
> 2004 unaired UPN pilot starring Christina Cox and Liz Vassey as New Orleans
> PD partners and lovers:

Rowr!

Thanks, Robin, I wondered why that sounded familiar.

> East New York [new] (9:30 pm, CBS)
>
> Deputy Inspector Regina Haywood (Amanda Warren) takes over the 74th
> Precinct at the eastern edge of Brooklyn, and with help from her mentor
> Chief John Suarez (Jimmy Smits)

The stupidest POTUS ever!

> Monday, Oct. 3
>

> A Sinister Halloween Scary Opposites Solar Special (special)
> (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Animated

Well that looks like total crap

> Mysteries Decoded Presents: Spirit Squad (special) (9-10 pm,
> CW)
>
> This one-hour special follows paranormal investigator Sara Gray, psychic
> medium Steffany Strange, and paranormal researcher Brittney Crabb as they
> join to investigate the haunting of the historical Leonis Adobe residence
> in California, quickly discovering there might be larger supernatural
> forces at play.

I hope they all end up in prison or dead.

The C dub must die!

> Tuesday, Oct. 4

> Wednesday, Oct. 5
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Sound of 007 (documentary) (12:01 am, Amazon Prime
> Video)
>
> Dive into the iconic music of 007 on Bond Day, October 5, 2022.

Okay. Added to my watchlist. Something for BTR certainly!

> Shipwreck Hunters Australia [new; complete season 1] (3:01
> am, Disney+)
>
> Follows a fearless team of ocean adventurers as they deep dive to find -
> and bring to life - some of the world's most epic shipwreck stories. Six
> episodes.

Added to my list

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Real Love Boat [new] (9 pm, CBS)
>
> Only loosely based on the soapy 1970s anthology series, The Real Love Boat
> is actually a dating competition set aboard a cruise ship during a
> Mediterranean voyage. (The Love Boat tie-in comes from the fact that the
> captain and cruise director will help guide the budding relationships.)
> Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell host.

Added. Although I doubt it will last. Which one under collar on that couch
or backwards to hear you’re on

> Reginald the Vampire [new] (10 pm, Syfy)
>
> Jacob Batalon (Spider-Man: Homecoming) heads the cast for this 10-episode
> adaptation of Johnny B. Truant's Fat Vampire book series from Harley Peyton
> (Chucky).

“Fat vampire book series”?

> Thursday, Oct. 6
>

> Streaming:
>

> Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman's Butler (season 3 premiere)
> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> The former Epix series moves to HBO Max for its third season, which also
> gets a new title to clarify things for viewers wondering whether or not it
> is a Batman-related series.

As the series reaches for ever stupid reviewer‘s, Alfred schtups Superman‘s
mother as well.

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, Oct. 7
>

> Streaming:
>

> Luckiest Girl Alive (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A successful New York businesswoman (Mila Kunis) who

Smelly girl!

> Werewolf by Night (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Gael Garcia Bernal stars as the titular hero (aka Jack Russell) in a
> one-off (for now) Marvel Halloween special directed by
> composer-turned-filmmaker Michael Giacchino.

Maybe, just because it’s Halloween.

Annoyingly the Disney+ doesn’t let you find a show until it’s actually
airing. Zorro starts in three days and it’s still not up.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Blue Bloods (season 13 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)

Yeah, I suppose
If the DVR remembers

> (end)

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<021020220722355888%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159208&group=rec.arts.tv#159208

Subject: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 07:22:35 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 11:22 UTC

In article
<291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>
> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths

I guess the names are a play on Nick and Nora Charles, of the Thin Man
series of films. (There was also a TV series in ancient days with
Peter Lawford as Nick.)

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<1030898737.686427271.273727.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159243&group=rec.arts.tv#159243

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 11:55:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:55 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>>
>> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
>> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
>> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
>> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>>
>> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths
>

> I guess the names are a play on Nick and Nora Charles, of the Thin Man

Yes. I watched the pilot for that not too long ago which is why the name
sounded familiar.

Some sources list it as a single unaired pilot and some say it has seven
episodes. I suspect somebody cut the pilot into Web bits or something.

When I was trying to think where I’d heard the series name before I got
sidetracked because I was thinking of Christina Cox in BLOOD TIES, another
Buddy cop show where the partner is a vampire.

> series of films. (There was also a TV series in ancient days with
> Peter Lawford as Nick.)

Is that the one that guest starred Robbie the robot?

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programming

<atropos-49DE21.12484902102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159253&group=rec.arts.tv#159253

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programming
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:48:49 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:48 UTC

In article
<291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> MR. HARRIGAN'S PHONE (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side) directs an adaptation of the novella by
> Stephen King that finds a lonely teen (Jaeden Martell) in a small town
> befriending an elderly neighbor (Donald Sutherland) shortly before the
> latter's death. The boy makes sure that the man is buried with his iPhone,
> and he sends the dead man a text after the funeral out of sentimentality.
> When he receives a reply from his dead friend, well, that's when things get
> weird. Kirby Howell-Baptiste also stars.

I knew this was being made but I had no idea it was finished and ready to air.

Cool!

> THE MIDNIGHT CLUB [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> A new Netflix horror series from Mike Flanagan (The Haunting of Hill
> House). Unrelated to his last series, the similarly-titled MIDNIGHT MASS,
> his latest is an adaptation of the 1994 Christopher Pike YA novel of the
> same name that centers on seven dying teenagers in a hospice who make a
> chilling pact: the first to die must send a sign from beyond the grave. 10
> episodes.

As chilling pacts go, this one is not all that chilling.

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thcsmj$1r0io$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159259&group=rec.arts.tv#159259

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 13:35:31 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:35 UTC

On 2022-10-02 09:53:22 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 1
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Halloween in Hollywood (special) (8 pm, NBC)
>>
>> Hosted by Chris Hardwick
>
> The first man ever to recover from being framed by #me too

You have a point - I think Chris Hardwick is the only person who has
ever managed to get himself "uncancelled". (Jury is still out on
whether Johnny Depp pulled it off...)

> > from Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights,
>> this immersive fan-focused event
>
> Well that doesn’t sound good
>
> > will be a celebration of horror fandom and
>> of NBCUniversal's role in defining and redefining the genre over the past
>> century and its vision for the future of horror. The special will include a
>> message from "Halloween Ends" star Jamie Lee Curtis;
>
> You’re losing me fast
>
> > Producer Jason Blum,
>> CEO and Founder, Blumhouse; and director David Gordon Green. It will also
>> feature a sneak peek at the film, which arrives in theaters and begins
>> streaming only on Peacock on Oct. 14.
>
>> (end)

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thcst9$1r1vl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159260&group=rec.arts.tv#159260

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 13:39:05 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:39 UTC

On 2022-10-02 18:55:49 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>>>
>>> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
>>> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
>>> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
>>> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>>>
>>> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths
>>

>> I guess the names are a play on Nick and Nora Charles, of the Thin Man
>
> Yes. I watched the pilot for that not too long ago which is why the name
> sounded familiar.
>
> Some sources list it as a single unaired pilot and some say it has seven
> episodes. I suspect somebody cut the pilot into Web bits or something.

I believe it may be the other way around(?) - That it started as a web
series that they tried to turn into a pilot?

A number of web series have gotten this treatment - subsequently
"merged" into a single "TV episode" or TV movie.

> When I was trying to think where I’d heard the series name before I got
> sidetracked because I was thinking of Christina Cox in BLOOD TIES, another
> Buddy cop show where the partner is a vampire.
>
>> series of films. (There was also a TV series in ancient days with
>> Peter Lawford as Nick.)
>
> Is that the one that guest starred Robbie the robot?

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thcu7c$1rchr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159265&group=rec.arts.tv#159265

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 14:01:32 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 21:01 UTC

On 2022-10-02 08:43:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Oct. 1
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Gabby Petito Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The disappearance of Gabby Petito captured America’s attention, setting off
> a nationwide search for the 22-year-old travel blogger after her parents
> reported her missing in September 2021, when she failed to return home
> following her cross country “van-life” trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie.
> Non-stop coverage on the news drove amateur sleuths to dissect Gabby’s
> social media posts for clues about what happened to her during her trip,
> leading to the eventual discovery of her body in Wyoming. As the one-year
> anniversary of her tragic death approaches, the movie will bring to life
> Gabby and Brian’s doomed love story, including the warning signs that
> Gabby’s life was in danger, the ensuing search for her, the eventual
> discovery of her murder and ultimately, Brian’s suicide. Stars Skyler
> Samuels and Evan Hall.

Already watched, and reviewed (somewhat negatively!).

> Home for Harvest (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)
>
> A travel writer is surprised to be sent back to the home town she left,
> heartbroken, years before. When she arrives, shes confronted by romance --
> old and new. 2019 Canadian film starring Brigette Kingsley and Landy
> Cannon.

Who?!!

> Sunday, Oct. 2
>

> A Country Romance (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> A woman finds romance with a handsome local when she returns home to help
> her father with the family vineyard. Stars Alix Angelis and Jonathan
> Bennett. 2021 film apparently also available on Freevee.

I'm not sure - am I supposed to know who Alix Angelis is?!...

> Family Law [new to US] (8 pm, CW)
>
> After losing her job, Abigail "Abby" Bianch (Jewel Staite) returns home to
> Vancouver to work at her estranged father's (Victor Garber) law firm with
> her two half-siblings in this Canadian series that originally premiered on
> Global TV in September 2021.

Boy, if I were still watching network TV, I surely wouldn't be watching
it on Sunday night!

Anyway, this does not make the cut to record either, so I guess I'm passing...

> Coroner (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
>
> Jenny [Serinda Swan] takes a vacation after the events at the end of season
> three in the fourth season of the Canadian drama that also stars Roger
> Cross. Premiered originally on CBC on January 6.

Good Lord! They actually managed to get *four* seasons out of this!! (I
didn't make it past season #2!)

> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]

Hmmmm - casting intrigues me enough that I may record this.

This is also further evidence against the idea that Hallmark M&M is
"shutting down" with Candace Cameron's departure from Hallmark. (Though
it may be true that they are getting out of the "mystery movie
franchise" business - jury is still out on that.)

> East New York [new] (9:30 pm, CBS)
>
> Deputy Inspector Regina Haywood (Amanda Warren) takes over the 74th
> Precinct at the eastern edge of Brooklyn, and with help from her mentor
> Chief John Suarez (Jimmy Smits) and her police squad she seeks to change
> how the community and police interact. Kevin Rankin, Richard Kind, and
> Ruben Santiago-Hudson also star.

Again - *no* to Sunday network shows regardless!!

> Wednesday, Oct. 5
>

> Streaming:
>

> Mr. Harrigan's Phone (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side) directs an adaptation of the novella by
> Stephen King that finds a lonely teen (Jaeden Martell) in a small town
> befriending an elderly neighbor (Donald Sutherland) shortly before the
> latter's death. The boy makes sure that the man is buried with his iPhone,
> and he sends the dead man a text after the funeral out of sentimentality.
> When he receives a reply from his dead friend, well, that's when things get
> weird. Kirby Howell-Baptiste also stars.

Maybe for closer to Halloween...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Kung Fu (season 3 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

No!!

> Reginald the Vampire [new] (10 pm, Syfy)
>
> Jacob Batalon (Spider-Man: Homecoming) heads the cast for this 10-episode
> adaptation of Johnny B. Truant's Fat Vampire book series from Harley Peyton
> (Chucky).

I'm going to let someone else bite the bullet and watch and review this
one for us...

> Thursday, Oct. 6
>

> Streaming:
>

> Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman's Butler (season 3 premiere)
> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> The former Epix series moves to HBO Max for its third season, which also
> gets a new title to clarify things for viewers wondering whether or not it
> is a Batman-related series. The first three of the 10 episodes are released
> today, with the rest following one per week.

Another series that maybe I'll take a look at... some day.

> A Friend of the Family [new; miniseries] (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> This true-crime-inspired limited series from Nick Antosca (Channel Zero)
> centers on a family whose daughter is kidnapped repeatedly over the course
> of multiple years by an obsessed neighbor using increasingly sophisticated
> tactics. Anna Paquin, Jake Lacy, Colin Hanks, Mckenna Grace, and Lio Tipton
> star, while Eliza Hittman (Never Rarely Sometimes Always) directs today's
> opener—one of three episodes available today. (The remaining six arrive one
> per week.)

This has a great cast - I may try to take a look at this...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Monster High: The Movie (movie) (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
>
> Also on Paramount+ at 3:01 am.

I probably can't make myself sit through this (and Thursday is the
worst day for me anyway!!).

> Station 19 (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)

Oh, Hell, no!!

> Walker: Independence [new] (9 pm, CW)
>
> Set in late 1800s, Bostonian Abby Walker (Katherine McNamara) seeks the
> killer of her husband in Independence, Texas, where she meets con artist
> Hoyt Rawlins (Matt Barr), Apache tracker Calian (Justin Johnson Cortez),
> dancer Kate Carver (Katie Findlay), Chinese immigrant Kai (Lawrence Kao),
> deputy sheriff Augustus (Philemon Chambers), and Sheriff Tom Davidson (Greg
> Hovanessian) in this "Walker" prequel series.

I will 'series pass' this, as I am obliged to watch pretty much
anything with McNamara, and Barr and Findaly as well.

> Alaska Daily [new] (10 pm, ABC)
>
> Created by Oscar winning writer-director Tom McCarthy (Spotlight), Alaska
> Daily follows a disgraced New York City reporter (Hilary Swank) who
> relocates to Anchorage in an attempt to rebuild her professional and
> personal lives. Peter Elkoff (The Resident) serves as showrunner on the
> series, which also stars Jeff Perry, Matt Malloy, and Meredith Holzman.

This looks like awful, pretentious woke garbage - hard pass.

> Friday, Oct. 7
>

> Streaming:
>

> Catherine Called Birdy (movie) (12:01 am, Amazon Prime Video)
>
> Lena Dunham writes and directs a 13th century comedy based on Karen
> Cushman's award-winning children's novel of the same name. Bella Ramsey,
> Billie Piper, and Andrew Scott star. Amazon will also bring the film to a
> small number of theaters for a short run beginning on September 23.

Well, that's a good cast. But anything from Dunham is a hard *NO!* from me...

> Hellraiser (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> David Bruckner (The Night House) directs a remake of Clive Barker's 1987
> horror film, starring Jamie Clayton as Pinhead. HBO is also developing a TV
> series remake of the film.

Great - if I want to watch this, I'm going to need to watch the 1987
original, uncut, for the first time too, first!... Meh.

> Derry Girls (complete final season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The personal exploits of a 16-year-old girl and her family and friends
> during the Troubles [in Northern Ireland] in the early 1990s.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programming

<atropos-069DF3.15002602102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159269&group=rec.arts.tv#159269

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 15:00:26 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 22:00 UTC

In article <thcu7c$1rchr$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-10-02 08:43:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> > Hellraiser (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
> >
> > David Bruckner (The Night House) directs a remake of Clive Barker's 1987
> > horror film, starring Jamie Clayton as Pinhead. HBO is also developing a TV
> > series remake of the film.
>
> Great - if I want to watch this, I'm going to need to watch the 1987
> original, uncut, for the first time too, first!... Meh.

We have such sights to show you...

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<1374767508.686454753.165534.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159284&group=rec.arts.tv#159284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:44:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 02:44 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-02 09:53:22 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Saturday, Oct. 1
>>>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>>> Halloween in Hollywood (special) (8 pm, NBC)
>>>
>>> Hosted by Chris Hardwick
>>
>> The first man ever to recover from being framed by #me too
>
> You have a point - I think Chris Hardwick is the only person who has
> ever managed to get himself "uncancelled". (Jury is still out on
> whether Johnny Depp pulled it off...)

Depp seems to have deflected it. I guess you have to have Someone that’s
guilty guilty guilty! Heard’s career is over and Depp has projects
announced again.

The jury is still out on Timothy Hutton. Apparently they found him totally
innocent of everything but we don’t know if he’ll ever work again yet.

>>> from Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights,
>>> this immersive fan-focused event
>>
>> Well that doesn’t sound good
>>
>>> will be a celebration of horror fandom and
>>> of NBCUniversal's role in defining and redefining the genre over the past
>>> century and its vision for the future of horror. The special will include a
>>> message from "Halloween Ends" star Jamie Lee Curtis;
>>
>> You’re losing me fast
>>
>>> Producer Jason Blum,
>>> CEO and Founder, Blumhouse; and director David Gordon Green. It will also
>>> feature a sneak peek at the film, which arrives in theaters and begins
>>> streaming only on Peacock on Oct. 14.
>>
>>> (end)

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<940948883.686454902.923098.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159285&group=rec.arts.tv#159285

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:44:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 02:44 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-02 18:55:49 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> I guess the names are a play on Nick and Nora Charles, of the Thin Man
>>
>> Yes. I watched the pilot for that not too long ago which is why the name
>> sounded familiar.
>>
>> Some sources list it as a single unaired pilot and some say it has seven
>> episodes. I suspect somebody cut the pilot into Web bits or something.
>
> I believe it may be the other way around(?) - That it started as a web
> series that they tried to turn into a pilot?
>
> A number of web series have gotten this treatment - subsequently
> "merged" into a single "TV episode" or TV movie.

That’s what they did with Stargate origins SGO (the “O“ stands for:
ORIGINS!)

>> When I was trying to think where I’d heard the series name before I got
>> sidetracked because I was thinking of Christina Cox in BLOOD TIES, another
>> Buddy cop show where the partner is a vampire.
>>
>>> series of films. (There was also a TV series in ancient days with
>>> Peter Lawford as Nick.)
>>
>> Is that the one that guest starred Robbie the robot?

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thdlgp$234iv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159287&group=rec.arts.tv#159287

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 03:39:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 03:39 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>The Graham Norton Show (season 30 premiere) (11 pm, BBC
>America)

No way. BBC America has British television?

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thdlub$234iv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159288&group=rec.arts.tv#159288

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 03:46:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 03:46 UTC

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article
><291076399.686392844.569920.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>>
>> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
>> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
>> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
>> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>>
>> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/nikki-nora-sister-sleuths
>

>I guess the names are a play on Nick and Nora Charles, of the Thin Man
>series of films. (There was also a TV series in ancient days with
>Peter Lawford as Nick.)

And a radio program starring Les Damon, and a novel by Dashiell Hammett,
and another radio program called Mr. and Mrs. North which is essentially
the same concept and coincidentally created at the same time, in short
stories, novels, radio, stage, and tv.

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<167899739.686467358.281772.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159301&group=rec.arts.tv#159301

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 22:33:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 05:33 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> The Graham Norton Show (season 30 premiere) (11 pm, BBC
>> America)
>
> No way. BBC America has British television?

Is that why they constantly show Star Trek TNG? Because of the French guy?

Re: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<031020220916086495%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159331&group=rec.arts.tv#159331

Subject: Re: Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 09:16:08 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 13:16 UTC

In article
<940948883.686454902.923098.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Yes. I watched the pilot for that not too long ago which is why the name
> >> sounded familiar.
> >>
> >> Some sources list it as a single unaired pilot and some say it has seven
> >> episodes. I suspect somebody cut the pilot into Web bits or something.
> >
> > I believe it may be the other way around(?) - That it started as a web
> > series that they tried to turn into a pilot?
> >
> > A number of web series have gotten this treatment - subsequently
> > "merged" into a single "TV episode" or TV movie.
>
> That¹s what they did with Stargate origins SGO (the ³O³ stands for:
> ORIGINS!)
>

> >> When I was trying to think where I¹d heard the series name before I got
> >> sidetracked because I was thinking of Christina Cox in BLOOD TIES, another
> >> Buddy cop show where the partner is a vampire.

> >> Is that the one that guest starred Robbie the robot?

Yes. s1e23, "Robot Client." It followed Robbie's debut in Forbidden
Planet by two years. BTW FP actor Earl Holliman is still with us at
94.

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<639681491.686509898.747996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159348&group=rec.arts.tv#159348

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 10:24:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:24 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <940948883.686454902.923098.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I believe it may be the other way around(?) - That it started as a web
>>> series that they tried to turn into a pilot?
>>>
>>> A number of web series have gotten this treatment - subsequently
>>> "merged" into a single "TV episode" or TV movie.
>>
>> That¹s what they did with Stargate origins SGO (the ³O³ stands for:
>> ORIGINS!)

> Yes. s1e23, "Robot Client." It followed Robbie's debut in Forbidden
> Planet by two years. BTW FP actor Earl Holliman is still with us at
> 94.

Thanks! I’ve seen just that one episode, probably as a special feature on a
forbidden planet set, a long time ago.

Hang in there, Earl!

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<1538683154.686534588.767622.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159406&group=rec.arts.tv#159406

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 17:16:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 00:16 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-02 08:43:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 1
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> The Gabby Petito Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> The disappearance of Gabby Petito captured America’s attention, setting off
>> a nationwide search for the 22-year-old travel blogger after her parents
>> reported her missing in September 2021, when she failed to return home
>> following her cross country “van-life” trip with her fiancé Brian Laundrie.
>> Non-stop coverage on the news drove amateur sleuths to dissect Gabby’s
>> social media posts for clues about what happened to her during her trip,
>> leading to the eventual discovery of her body in Wyoming. As the one-year
>> anniversary of her tragic death approaches, the movie will bring to life
>> Gabby and Brian’s doomed love story, including the warning signs that
>> Gabby’s life was in danger, the ensuing search for her, the eventual
>> discovery of her murder and ultimately, Brian’s suicide. Stars Skyler
>> Samuels and Evan Hall.
>
> Already watched, and reviewed (somewhat negatively!).
>
>> Home for Harvest (movie) (8 pm, Great American Family)
>>
>> A travel writer is surprised to be sent back to the home town she left,
>> heartbroken, years before. When she arrives, shes confronted by romance --
>> old and new. 2019 Canadian film starring Brigette Kingsley and Landy
>> Cannon.
>
> Who?!!

That’s what most of us say about most of this stuff. We count on you to
know!

>> Sunday, Oct. 2
>>

>> A Country Romance (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> A woman finds romance with a handsome local when she returns home to help
>> her father with the family vineyard. Stars Alix Angelis and Jonathan
>> Bennett. 2021 film apparently also available on Freevee.
>
> I'm not sure - am I supposed to know who Alix Angelis is?!...

I thought you couldn’t get UP?

>> Family Law [new to US] (8 pm, CW)
>>
>> After losing her job, Abigail "Abby" Bianch (Jewel Staite) returns home to
>> Vancouver to work at her estranged father's (Victor Garber) law firm with
>> her two half-siblings in this Canadian series that originally premiered on
>> Global TV in September 2021.
>
> Boy, if I were still watching network TV, I surely wouldn't be watching
> it on Sunday night!

The C dub must die!

> Anyway, this does not make the cut to record either, so I guess I'm passing...
>
>> Coroner (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Jenny [Serinda Swan] takes a vacation after the events at the end of season
>> three in the fourth season of the Canadian drama that also stars Roger
>> Cross. Premiered originally on CBC on January 6.
>
> Good Lord! They actually managed to get *four* seasons out of this!! (I
> didn't make it past season #2!)
>
>> Nikki & Nora: Sister Sleuths (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>>
>> Fraternal twins Nikki and Nora are forced back into each other's lives when
>> they inherit a detective agency. As they solve a murder, they realize their
>> differences may be their greatest advantage. Stars Hunter King and Rhiannon
>> Fish. [RM: No lesbian lovers for Hallmark!]
>
> Hmmmm - casting intrigues me enough that I may record this.
>
> This is also further evidence against the idea that Hallmark M&M is
> "shutting down" with Candace Cameron's departure from Hallmark. (Though
> it may be true that they are getting out of the "mystery movie
> franchise" business - jury is still out on that.)
>
>> East New York [new] (9:30 pm, CBS)
>>
>> Deputy Inspector Regina Haywood (Amanda Warren) takes over the 74th
>> Precinct at the eastern edge of Brooklyn, and with help from her mentor
>> Chief John Suarez (Jimmy Smits) and her police squad she seeks to change
>> how the community and police interact. Kevin Rankin, Richard Kind, and
>> Ruben Santiago-Hudson also star.
>
> Again - *no* to Sunday network shows regardless!!
>

>> Wednesday, Oct. 5
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Mr. Harrigan's Phone (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side) directs an adaptation of the novella by
>> Stephen King that finds a lonely teen (Jaeden Martell) in a small town
>> befriending an elderly neighbor (Donald Sutherland) shortly before the
>> latter's death. The boy makes sure that the man is buried with his iPhone,
>> and he sends the dead man a text after the funeral out of sentimentality.
>> When he receives a reply from his dead friend, well, that's when things get
>> weird. Kirby Howell-Baptiste also stars.
>
> Maybe for closer to Halloween...

iPhone batteries only last a day at best. Unless he put a recharger in
there with it the big mystery is why the phone is working at all.

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Kung Fu (season 3 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
>
> No!!

Isn’t it sad that the show is so awful it makes us scream “no“?

>> Reginald the Vampire [new] (10 pm, Syfy)
>>
>> Jacob Batalon (Spider-Man: Homecoming) heads the cast for this 10-episode
>> adaptation of Johnny B. Truant's Fat Vampire book series from Harley Peyton
>> (Chucky).
>
> I'm going to let someone else bite the bullet and watch and review this
> one for us...
>

>> Thursday, Oct. 6
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman's Butler (season 3 premiere)
>> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>>
>> The former Epix series moves to HBO Max for its third season, which also
>> gets a new title to clarify things for viewers wondering whether or not it
>> is a Batman-related series. The first three of the 10 episodes are released
>> today, with the rest following one per week.
>
> Another series that maybe I'll take a look at... some day.

I walked away when Alfred started boinking Bruce’s mother.

>> A Friend of the Family [new; miniseries] (3:01 am,
>> Peacock)
>>
>> This true-crime-inspired limited series from Nick Antosca (Channel Zero)
>> centers on a family whose daughter is kidnapped repeatedly over the course
>> of multiple years by an obsessed neighbor using increasingly sophisticated
>> tactics. Anna Paquin, Jake Lacy, Colin Hanks, Mckenna Grace, and Lio Tipton
>> star, while Eliza Hittman (Never Rarely Sometimes Always) directs today's
>> opener—one of three episodes available today. (The remaining six arrive one
>> per week.)
>
> This has a great cast - I may try to take a look at this...
>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Monster High: The Movie (movie) (7 pm, Nickelodeon)
>>
>> Also on Paramount+ at 3:01 am.
>
> I probably can't make myself sit through this (and Thursday is the
> worst day for me anyway!!).
>
>> Station 19 (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Oh, Hell, no!!
>
>> Walker: Independence [new] (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Set in late 1800s, Bostonian Abby Walker (Katherine McNamara) seeks the
>> killer of her husband in Independence, Texas, where she meets con artist
>> Hoyt Rawlins (Matt Barr), Apache tracker Calian (Justin Johnson Cortez),
>> dancer Kate Carver (Katie Findlay), Chinese immigrant Kai (Lawrence Kao),
>> deputy sheriff Augustus (Philemon Chambers), and Sheriff Tom Davidson (Greg
>> Hovanessian) in this "Walker" prequel series.
>
> I will 'series pass' this, as I am obliged to watch pretty much
> anything with McNamara, and Barr and Findaly as well.
>
>> Alaska Daily [new] (10 pm, ABC)
>>
>> Created by Oscar winning writer-director Tom McCarthy (Spotlight), Alaska
>> Daily follows a disgraced New York City reporter (Hilary Swank) who
>> relocates to Anchorage in an attempt to rebuild her professional and
>> personal lives. Peter Elkoff (The Resident) serves as showrunner on the
>> series, which also stars Jeff Perry, Matt Malloy, and Meredith Holzman.
>
> This looks like awful, pretentious woke garbage - hard pass.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin??? selected programming

<atropos-BF4486.17473703102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159412&group=rec.arts.tv#159412

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 17:48:12 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 00:48 UTC

In article
<1538683154.686534588.767622.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> > On 2022-10-02 08:43:25 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> >>
> >> MR. HARRIGAN'S PHONE (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >>
> >> John Lee Hancock (THE BLIND SIDE) directs an adaptation of the novella by
> >> Stephen King that finds a lonely teen (Jaeden Martell) in a small town
> >> befriending an elderly neighbor (Donald Sutherland) shortly before the
> >> latter's death. The boy makes sure that the man is buried with his iPhone,
> >> and he sends the dead man a text after the funeral out of sentimentality.
> >> When he receives a reply from his dead friend, well, that's when things
> >> get weird. Kirby Howell-Baptiste also stars.
> >
> > Maybe for closer to Halloween...
>
> iPhone batteries only last a day at best. Unless he put a recharger in
> there with it the big mystery is why the phone is working at all.

LOL! A story about a possessed phone through which the dead speak to the living and you're complaint is the battery life isn't realistic?

(King's protagonist does wonder about the battery but the afterlife doesn't seem to much care about petty hurdles like that.)

Re: Oct. 1-7: Robin’s selected programming

<thh4fr$2krqq$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159454&group=rec.arts.tv#159454

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> Monday, Oct. 3
>
> Mysteries Decoded Presents: Spirit Squad (special) (9-10 pm,CW)
>This one-hour special follows paranormal investigator Sara Gray, psychic
>medium Steffany Strange, and paranormal researcher Brittney Crabb as they
>join to investigate the haunting of the historical Leonis Adobe residence
>in California, quickly discovering there might be larger supernatural
>forces at play.

I saw a commercial for this show and wondered how they went from a credible
skeptical show to this.

--
Let's go Brandon!