People are beginning to notice you. Try dressing before you leave the house.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Ubiquitous
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)BTR1701
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
 |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 |   +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
 |   |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)A Friend
 |    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
   +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)anim8rfsk
   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<UBI20221003@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159449&group=rec.arts.tv#159449

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thhct2$2loa1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159463&group=rec.arts.tv#159463

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 06:36:34 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:36 UTC

On 2022-10-04 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

House of the Dragon (HBO Max) - "Driftmark" (ep. #1.7). This episode is
getting righteously roundly critized for being filmed so you couldn't
see sh*t for much of the episode - hey, was I the only one that noticed
that the only part of this episode that you could see clearly was the
"dragon porn" part of the episode, rather than the literal "human porn"
part?!!
Hey - why wasn't the Queen arrested on the spot for attacking the
named heir of the King with a deadly weapon?!
I was disappointed that this episode ruined the character of Aemond,
who was actually interesting in the previous episode, but in this
episode is exposed as being just another psychopath, like the rest of
Alicent's children (at this point, I want both of Alicent's sons dead
sooner rather than later!) - at least Aemond lost an eye for it.
Alicent then finally shows everyone she's a crazy bitch by stealing
the King's dagger and going after Rhaenyra like a crazed lunatic.
So, it looks like the battlelines of the coming war are drawn, and I
like that both Daemon and the Velaryons look to be ending up on
Rhaenyra's side. (I actually figured Daemon was going to stay "neutral"
through the whole thing, and be the "last one standing", so I'm a
little surprised by this development...)
Meanwhile, Rhaenyra and Daemon consumate their... whatever (ew!!),
and then stage Laenor's murder, so that they can marry, and so that
Laenor can anonymously escape to Pentos with his lover Ser Qarl.
Next episode looks like YA "time-jump" of a few years. (Why?...)

soaps: DOOL - Several people realize that Jennifer ran down Gwen,
including Gwen, so TempJennifer's days on the show really look numbered
now. Leo Stark continues to prove to be an asshole by trying to
blackmail Jack. Will is about to get mostly written out again.
GH - I think pretty much nothing of note happened this episode.
Sasha asked Maxie for help with a funeral dress for Brando's funeral.
Several people are looking for Dex, who is still being held by Sonny.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thhhjm$2m65q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159466&group=rec.arts.tv#159466

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 07:56:35 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 14:56 UTC

On 10/4/2022 6:36 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-10-04 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> House of the Dragon (HBO Max) - "Driftmark" (ep. #1.7). This episode is
> getting righteously roundly critized for being filmed so you couldn't
> see sh*t for much of the episode

I was on the fence as to if I should mention that or not. Yeah, I
wasn't happy about it either.

- hey, was I the only one that noticed
> that the only part of this episode that you could see clearly was the
> "dragon porn" part of the episode, rather than the literal "human porn"
> part?!!
>   Hey - why wasn't the Queen arrested on the spot for attacking the
> named heir of the King with a deadly weapon?!
>   I was disappointed that this episode ruined the character of Aemond,
> who was actually interesting in the previous episode, but in this
> episode is exposed as being just another psychopath, like the rest of
> Alicent's children (at this point, I want both of Alicent's sons dead
> sooner rather than later!) - at least Aemond lost an eye for it.
>   Alicent then finally shows everyone she's a crazy bitch by stealing
> the King's dagger and going after Rhaenyra like a crazed lunatic.
>   So, it looks like the battlelines of the coming war are drawn, and I
> like that both Daemon and the Velaryons look to be ending up on
> Rhaenyra's side. (I actually figured Daemon was going to stay "neutral"
> through the whole thing, and be the "last one standing", so I'm a little
> surprised by this development...)
>   Meanwhile, Rhaenyra and Daemon consumate their... whatever (ew!!),
> and then stage Laenor's murder, so that they can marry, and so that
> Laenor can anonymously escape to Pentos with his lover Ser Qarl.
>   Next episode looks like YA "time-jump" of a few years. (Why?...)

I think you have to blame the books the series are based on for that.

> soaps: DOOL - Several people realize that Jennifer ran down Gwen,
> including Gwen, so TempJennifer's days on the show really look numbered
> now. Leo Stark continues to prove to be an asshole by trying to
> blackmail Jack. Will is about to get mostly written out again.
>   GH - I think pretty much nothing of note happened this episode. Sasha
> asked Maxie for help with a funeral dress for Brando's funeral. Several
> people are looking for Dex, who is still being held by Sonny.

I watched:

Quantum Leap - "Somebody up There Likes Ben" - Ben leaps into the body
of a 1970s boxer, establishing he can leap outside his own lifespan. A
few observations about the show overall: I noticed they didn't show a
leap at the end of this one. I found that oddly suspicious. But I
recently learned that the first episode they aired wasn't the pilot, it
was episode 6 which they retooled into the pilot. And they can and are
apparently moving the episodes around as they see fit so I guess that
might have something to do with it. I noticed they specifically said
Ben was in the boxer's body, which I think directly contradicts the
original series, but the original series itself was never consistent
about that. I'm also starting to notice that they never mention the
person whose body he lept into being in the future, and aware of what's
happening to them, which I find really odd. Finally, I just found out
that Ian is the same actor who played Desire on Netflix's "The Sandman."

The Equalizer - "Boom." - Season 3 premier which picks up where the
season 2 cliffhanger ended with McCall prisoner and the rest of the team
having to stop a dirty bomb from being detonate in New York.

Interview with the Vampire (AMC) - New TV series based on the Ann Rice
novels. Although it's not in continuity with the movie, it sort of
picks up where the movie ended. The journalist (Eric Bogosian who
should really only play villains) is interviewing a vampire from
Louisiana, but in a slight twist he previously interviewed the same
vampire years earlier, and now they are picking up where they left off.

The Rings of Power (Amazon Streaming) - "Adar" - Episode 3 where
Galadriel shows up at a human kingdom and antagonizes the people there,
who don't like elves.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<atropos-164884.08125204102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159468&group=rec.arts.tv#159468

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.22.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 08:12:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 15:12 UTC

In article <thhct2$2loa1$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-10-04 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
> > What did you watch?
>
> House of the Dragon (HBO Max) - "Driftmark" (ep. #1.7). This episode is
> getting righteously roundly critized for being filmed so you couldn't
> see sh*t for much of the episode - hey, was I the only one that noticed
> that the only part of this episode that you could see clearly was the
> "dragon porn" part of the episode, rather than the literal "human porn"
> part?!!

Huh? I really didn't have any trouble seeing what was going on. Yeah,
some of it was at twilight, but that made sense. It's not like Daemon
and Rhaenyra were gonna bang out there on the beach at high noon where
they could be seen for miles.

> Hey - why wasn't the Queen arrested on the spot for attacking the
> named heir of the King with a deadly weapon?!

Yeah, if merely questioning her kids' parentage is a death penalty
offense, you would thing grabbing a dagger and attacking her would be a
head-on-a-pike sort of thing.

> I was disappointed that this episode ruined the character of Aemond,
> who was actually interesting in the previous episode, but in this
> episode is exposed as being just another psychopath, like the rest of
> Alicent's children (at this point, I want both of Alicent's sons dead
> sooner rather than later!) - at least Aemond lost an eye for it.
> Alicent then finally shows everyone she's a crazy bitch by stealing
> the King's dagger and going after Rhaenyra like a crazed lunatic.
> So, it looks like the battlelines of the coming war are drawn, and I
> like that both Daemon and the Velaryons look to be ending up on
> Rhaenyra's side. (I actually figured Daemon was going to stay "neutral"
> through the whole thing, and be the "last one standing", so I'm a
> little surprised by this development...)

Rhaenyra must be a fantastic lay.

> Meanwhile, Rhaenyra and Daemon consumate their... whatever (ew!!)

Her screwing her uncle isn't as ew as the kids eagerly volunteering to
bed their own sister.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<333628154.686613631.247599.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159518&group=rec.arts.tv#159518

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 19:08:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 02:08 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 10/4/2022 6:36 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-10-04 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
> I watched:
>

> Quantum Leap - "Somebody up There Likes Ben" - Ben leaps into the body
> of a 1970s boxer, establishing he can leap outside his own lifespan. A

In two weeks he’ll be in 1898.

> few observations about the show overall: I noticed they didn't show a
> leap at the end of this one. I found that oddly suspicious. But I
> recently learned that the first episode they aired wasn't the pilot, it
> was episode 6 which they retooled into the pilot. And they can and are
> apparently moving the episodes around as they see fit so I guess that
> might have something to do with it. I noticed they specifically said
> Ben was in the boxer's body, which I think directly contradicts the
> original series, but the original series itself was never consistent
> about that.

No matter which continuity you pick from the real show, these guys are
contradicting it.

I'm also starting to notice that they never mention the
> person whose body he lept into being in the future, and aware of what's
> happening to them, which I find really odd.

Yep, they’ve forgotten about the waiting room altogether.

Finally, I just found out
> that Ian is the same actor who played Desire on Netflix's "The Sandman."

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<208581961.686614036.972830.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159519&group=rec.arts.tv#159519

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 19:08:04 -0700

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>
> Nothing.
>
> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

QUANTUM LEAP we are already discussing elsewhere.

I had horrible Hallmark movies on in the background all day and finally
gave up when I hit the one described below:

“Romance in Style (Hallmark)
Juicy Elliot plays a fat ugly fat talentless fat obnoxious fat would be
dress designer who makes the most hideous clothes imaginable (Seriously,
we’re talking Mimi from Drew Carey or Harper from wizards of Waverly
Place). For some reason people like her garbage and she wants to get rid of
all the pretty models and make the magazine she works for all about women
that weigh 250 pounds or more and why the hell am I watching this crap?”

I watched NCIS – OWM which was boring and didn’t make a whole lot of sense.
At least Ducky made an appearance. And FEZ was beaten repeatedly and shot
but he lived. :-(

I watched season 43 episode one of SURVIVOR. I hadn’t watched survivor
since my mom died. There’s one cute girl on each of the three teams But
that’s about my entire Takeaway.

I watched a couple old password episodes with contestant guests Lee
Meriwether who was a hoot and Peter Marshall who is really smart.

I guess that was it. I really need to start making notes if I’m going to
keep reporting what I’m watching because it’s not sticking with me any
more.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thiqfu$2spfs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159523&group=rec.arts.tv#159523

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 19:34:41 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 02:34 UTC

On 10/4/2022 7:08 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>
>> Nothing.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> QUANTUM LEAP we are already discussing elsewhere.
>
> I had horrible Hallmark movies on in the background all day and finally
> gave up when I hit the one described below:
>
> “Romance in Style (Hallmark)
> Juicy Elliot plays a fat ugly fat talentless fat obnoxious fat would be
> dress designer who makes the most hideous clothes imaginable (Seriously,
> we’re talking Mimi from Drew Carey or Harper from wizards of Waverly
> Place). For some reason people like her garbage and she wants to get rid of
> all the pretty models and make the magazine she works for all about women
> that weigh 250 pounds or more and why the hell am I watching this crap?”

Because you are too lazy to pick up the remote or throw a brick at your
TV. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<292020885.686638070.254766.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159533&group=rec.arts.tv#159533

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 21:50:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 04:50 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 10/4/2022 7:08 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>>
>>> Nothing.
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> QUANTUM LEAP we are already discussing elsewhere.
>>
>> I had horrible Hallmark movies on in the background all day and finally
>> gave up when I hit the one described below:
>>
>> “Romance in Style (Hallmark)
>> Juicy Elliot plays a fat ugly fat talentless fat obnoxious fat would be
>> dress designer who makes the most hideous clothes imaginable (Seriously,
>> we’re talking Mimi from Drew Carey or Harper from wizards of Waverly
>> Place). For some reason people like her garbage and she wants to get rid of
>> all the pretty models and make the magazine she works for all about women
>> that weigh 250 pounds or more and why the hell am I watching this crap?”
>>
> Because you are too lazy to pick up the remote or throw a brick at your
> TV. :P

I turned it off!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thjnhl$2v5gu$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159569&group=rec.arts.tv#159569

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 04:30:42 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> Quantum Leap - "Somebody up There Likes Ben" - Ben leaps into the body
>> of a 1970s boxer, establishing he can leap outside his own lifespan. A
>> few observations about the show overall: I noticed they didn't show a
>> leap at the end of this one. I found that oddly suspicious. But I
>> recently learned that the first episode they aired wasn't the pilot, it
>> was episode 6 which they retooled into the pilot. And they can and are
>> apparently moving the episodes around as they see fit so I guess that
>> might have something to do with it. I noticed they specifically said
>> Ben was in the boxer's body, which I think directly contradicts the
>> original series, but the original series itself was never consistent
>> about that.
>
>No matter which continuity you pick from the real show, these guys are
>contradicting it.

Heh.

>I'm also starting to notice that they never mention the
>> person whose body he lept into being in the future, and aware of what's
>> happening to them, which I find really odd.
>
>Yep, they've forgotten about the waiting room altogether.

They probably gave up on trying to figure that part out.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thjnnm$2v5gu$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159570&group=rec.arts.tv#159570

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 04:30:43 -0400

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>
>> Nothing.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>I watched season 43 episode one of SURVIVOR. I hadn't watched survivor
>since my mom died. There's one cute girl on each of the three teams But
>that's about my entire Takeaway.

Isn't there a new twist or something this year?
I recall seeing a commercial or something that made me roll my eye.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thk8ae$30q7t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159604&group=rec.arts.tv#159604

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 08:36:46 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 15:36 UTC

On 10/4/2022 9:50 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> QUANTUM LEAP we are already discussing elsewhere.
>>>
>>> I had horrible Hallmark movies on in the background all day and finally
>>> gave up when I hit the one described below:
>>>
>>> “Romance in Style (Hallmark)
>>> Juicy Elliot plays a fat ugly fat talentless fat obnoxious fat would be
>>> dress designer who makes the most hideous clothes imaginable (Seriously,
>>> we’re talking Mimi from Drew Carey or Harper from wizards of Waverly
>>> Place). For some reason people like her garbage and she wants to get rid of
>>> all the pretty models and make the magazine she works for all about women
>>> that weigh 250 pounds or more and why the hell am I watching this crap?”
>>>
>> Because you are too lazy to pick up the remote or throw a brick at your
>> TV. :P
>>

> I turned it off!

After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<990933970.686679227.435089.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159611&group=rec.arts.tv#159611

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 09:17:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 16:17 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>>
>>> Nothing.
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> I watched season 43 episode one of SURVIVOR. I hadn't watched survivor
>> since my mom died. There's one cute girl on each of the three teams But
>> that's about my entire Takeaway.
>
> Isn't there a new twist or something this year?
> I recall seeing a commercial or something that made me roll my eye.

SPOILERS

Ny’f qnhtugre vf tbvat gb orpbzr na rivy yrncre. Fur ohvyg ure bja qnza
znpuvar.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<891551305.686679310.091059.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159612&group=rec.arts.tv#159612

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 09:17:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 16:17 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 10/4/2022 9:50 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Because you are too lazy to pick up the remote or throw a brick at your
>>> TV. :P
>>>

>> I turned it off!
>>
> After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?

Less than you’d think. 10 minutes? It got really horrible really fast.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thkkl3$31vr6$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159638&group=rec.arts.tv#159638

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 12:07:17 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 19:07 UTC

On 10/5/2022 9:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I turned it off!
>>>
>> After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?
>>

> Less than you’d think. 10 minutes? It got really horrible really fast.

Still makes you too lazy to throw a brick at it. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<051020221705082929%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159655&group=rec.arts.tv#159655

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 17:05:08 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 21:05 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> I turned it off!
> >>
> > After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?
> >

> Less than you¹d think. 10 minutes? It got really horrible really fast.

It did. My wife and I are generally tolerant of Hallmark movies, but
this one got the el-deleto after ten minutes or so. Maybe a different
actress could have saved it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<145872848.686712101.414978.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159698&group=rec.arts.tv#159698

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:22:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:22 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 10/5/2022 9:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?
>>>

>> Less than you’d think. 10 minutes? It got really horrible really fast.
>>
> Still makes you too lazy to throw a brick at it. :P

All my bricks are on the outside of my house.

Wait, I do have a commemorative brick from when they tore down my high
school. Somewhere…

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<1406115109.686712178.538934.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159699&group=rec.arts.tv#159699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:22:51 -0700

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <891551305.686679310.091059.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> After watching how much of that movie, hmmm?
>>>

>> Less than you¹d think. 10 minutes? It got really horrible really fast.
>

> It did. My wife and I are generally tolerant of Hallmark movies, but
> this one got the el-deleto after ten minutes or so. Maybe a different
> actress could have saved it.

The whole concept. Their magazine is outdated so she wants to switch it to
appeal to fat women who can’t afford to buy it. How is this possibly a plan
for success?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<1666585375.686712835.743552.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159700&group=rec.arts.tv#159700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 23:22:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:22 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> I watched season 43 episode one of SURVIVOR. I hadn't watched survivor
>>> since my mom died. There's one cute girl on each of the three teams But
>>> that's about my entire Takeaway.
>>
>> Isn't there a new twist or something this year?
>> I recall seeing a commercial or something that made me roll my eye.
>>

> SPOILERS
>
> Ny’f qnhtugre vf tbvat gb orpbzr na rivy yrncre. Fur ohvyg ure bja qnza
> znpuvar.

Juvpu V fubhyq nqq ybbxf fhfcvpvbhfyl yvxr gur gvzr fcurer sebz Fr7ra Qnlf.

>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-03 (Monday)

<thp3fp$3m6d2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159820&group=rec.arts.tv#159820

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> I watched season 43 episode one of SURVIVOR. I hadn't watched survivor
>>> since my mom died. There's one cute girl on each of the three teams But
>>> that's about my entire Takeaway.
>>
>> Isn't there a new twist or something this year?
>> I recall seeing a commercial or something that made me roll my eye.
>
>SPOILERS
>
> Ny'f qnhtugre vf tbvat gb orpbzr na rivy yrncre. Fur ohvyg ure bja
> qnza znpuvar.

Wow! That sounds like an exciting season of SURVIVOR!

--
Let's go Brandon!