The earth is like a tiny grain of sand, only much, much heavier.

arts / rec.arts.tv / I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

SubjectAuthor
* I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...Ian J. Ball
+* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...anim8rfsk
|`* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...Ian J. Ball
| `* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...BTR1701
|  +* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...Ian J. Ball
|  |`* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...anim8rfsk
|  | `* Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...Ian J. Ball
|  |  `- Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...anim8rfsk
|  `- Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...anim8rfsk
`- Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...chromebook test

1
I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<thip2d$2sklk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159520&group=rec.arts.tv#159520

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 19:10:21 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 02:10 UTC

I think it was BTR that first pointed out a recent problem with the
Peacock app. After a recent update, I'm now noticing the same thing:

If the app is open for a while (in the background), and then you go
back to it, the "Continue Watching" and "My Stuff" panes just disappear
from the main page, and if you go to your "My Stuff" section directly,
it claims it is "empty".

Luckily, the "fix" for this is to forceably quit the app through Apple
TV, and then reopen it.

But I'm now needing to do the "force close-and-reopen" of the Peacock
app about every other time I open the app just to get the "Continue
Watching" and "My Stuff" panes back.

This strikes me as a pretty major bug... >:/

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<1710479666.686628867.859579.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159522&group=rec.arts.tv#159522

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 19:15:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 02:15 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> I think it was BTR that first pointed out a recent problem with the
> Peacock app. After a recent update, I'm now noticing the same thing:
>
> If the app is open for a while (in the background), and then you go
> back to it, the "Continue Watching" and "My Stuff" panes just disappear
> from the main page, and if you go to your "My Stuff" section directly,
> it claims it is "empty".
>
> Luckily, the "fix" for this is to forceably quit the app through Apple
> TV, and then reopen it.
>
> But I'm now needing to do the "force close-and-reopen" of the Peacock
> app about every other time I open the app just to get the "Continue
> Watching" and "My Stuff" panes back.
>
> This strikes me as a pretty major bug... >:/

I stopped using Peacock because sections kept disappearing. There was a
long time there where my stuff wasn’t anywhere to be found. It’s like
they’re trying to force you into just watching the live TV at random stuff.

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<tikoib$3i25s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161264&group=rec.arts.tv#161264

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:30:19 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 23:30 UTC

On 2022-10-05 02:15:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> I think it was BTR that first pointed out a recent problem with the
>> Peacock app. After a recent update, I'm now noticing the same thing:
>>
>> If the app is open for a while (in the background), and then you go
>> back to it, the "Continue Watching" and "My Stuff" panes just disappear
>> from the main page, and if you go to your "My Stuff" section directly,
>> it claims it is "empty".
>>
>> Luckily, the "fix" for this is to forceably quit the app through Apple
>> TV, and then reopen it.
>>
>> But I'm now needing to do the "force close-and-reopen" of the Peacock
>> app about every other time I open the app just to get the "Continue
>> Watching" and "My Stuff" panes back.
>>
>> This strikes me as a pretty major bug... >:/
>
> I stopped using Peacock because sections kept disappearing. There was a
> long time there where my stuff wasn’t anywhere to be found. It’s like
> they’re trying to force you into just watching the live TV at random stuff.

For the record, even after an app update, the Peacock app is still
doing what I (and Anim?) describe above.

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<atropos-B60419.17090417102022@ec2-18-101-80-69.eu-south-2.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161272&group=rec.arts.tv#161272

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:09:04 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 00:09 UTC

In article <tikoib$3i25s$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-10-05 02:15:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> I think it was BTR that first pointed out a recent problem with the
> >> Peacock app. After a recent update, I'm now noticing the same thing:
> >>
> >> If the app is open for a while (in the background), and then you go
> >> back to it, the "Continue Watching" and "My Stuff" panes just disappear
> >> from the main page, and if you go to your "My Stuff" section directly,
> >> it claims it is "empty".
> >>
> >> Luckily, the "fix" for this is to forceably quit the app through Apple
> >> TV, and then reopen it.
> >>
> >> But I'm now needing to do the "force close-and-reopen" of the Peacock
> >> app about every other time I open the app just to get the "Continue
> >> Watching" and "My Stuff" panes back.
> >>
> >> This strikes me as a pretty major bug... >:/
> >
> > I stopped using Peacock because sections kept disappearing. There was a
> > long time there where my stuff wasn’t anywhere to be found. It's like
> > they're trying to force you into just watching the live TV at random
> > stuff.
>
> For the record, even after an app update, the Peacock app is still
> doing what I (and Anim?) describe above.

I've found that when the "Continue Watching" section disappears, if you
manually navigate to any of the shows that are in that section and watch
an ep, when you exit it, the "Continue Watching" section will be back
again.

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<til4mb$3llhq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161283&group=rec.arts.tv#161283

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 19:57:16 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 02:57 UTC

On 2022-10-18 00:09:04 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <tikoib$3i25s$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I stopped using Peacock because sections kept disappearing. There was a
>>> long time there where my stuff wasn’t anywhere to be found. It's like
>>> they're trying to force you into just watching the live TV at random
>>> stuff.
>>
>> For the record, even after an app update, the Peacock app is still
>> doing what I (and Anim?) describe above.
>
> I've found that when the "Continue Watching" section disappears, if you
> manually navigate to any of the shows that are in that section and watch
> an ep, when you exit it, the "Continue Watching" section will be back
> again.

Like I said, I just find it easier to manually "close" the app, and
then "restart" it.

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<1313024495.687754224.653769.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161286&group=rec.arts.tv#161286

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 20:06:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 03:06 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <tikoib$3i25s$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I stopped using Peacock because sections kept disappearing. There was a
>>> long time there where my stuff wasn’t anywhere to be found. It's like
>>> they're trying to force you into just watching the live TV at random
>>> stuff.
>>
>> For the record, even after an app update, the Peacock app is still
>> doing what I (and Anim?) describe above.
>
> I've found that when the "Continue Watching" section disappears, if you
> manually navigate to any of the shows that are in that section and watch
> an ep, when you exit it, the "Continue Watching" section will be back
> again.

Thanks for the tip, but wouldn’t it be a heck of a lot easier to quit and
restart?

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<84487316.687763165.943704.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161299&group=rec.arts.tv#161299

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 22:20:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 05:20 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-18 00:09:04 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <tikoib$3i25s$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> For the record, even after an app update, the Peacock app is still
>>> doing what I (and Anim?) describe above.
>>
>> I've found that when the "Continue Watching" section disappears, if you
>> manually navigate to any of the shows that are in that section and watch
>> an ep, when you exit it, the "Continue Watching" section will be back
>> again.
>
> Like I said, I just find it easier to manually "close" the app, and
> then "restart" it.

And then use the time and effort saved to send me ice cream!

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<tim7te$3o46e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161336&group=rec.arts.tv#161336

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 05:58:22 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 12:58 UTC

On 2022-10-18 05:20:17 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2022-10-18 00:09:04 +0000, BTR1701 said:

>>> I've found that when the "Continue Watching" section disappears, if you
>>> manually navigate to any of the shows that are in that section and watch
>>> an ep, when you exit it, the "Continue Watching" section will be back
>>> again.
>>
>> Like I said, I just find it easier to manually "close" the app, and
>> then "restart" it.
>
> And then use the time and effort saved to send me ice cream!

Other way around, sport! - I posted at 19:57:16; you posted at
20:06:26: You owe ME ice-y cream!!

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<348920675.687812696.789076.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161370&group=rec.arts.tv#161370

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 12:14:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:14 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-18 05:20:17 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Like I said, I just find it easier to manually "close" the app, and
>>> then "restart" it.
>>
>> And then use the time and effort saved to send me ice cream!
>
> Other way around, sport! - I posted at 19:57:16; you posted at
> 20:06:26: You owe ME ice-y cream!!

But you’re on California time.

Re: I'm Getting Annoyed With the Peacock App...

<974cbef4-0d6b-4cf4-b91d-5bc31ebffad6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161376&group=rec.arts.tv#161376

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 12:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:52 UTC

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 10:10:26 PM UTC-4, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> I think it was BTR that first pointed out a recent problem with the
> Peacock app. After a recent update, I'm now noticing the same thing:

> If the app is open for a while (in the background), and then you go
> back to it, the "Continue Watching"

This NEVER happens in the PLEX Media Server using the PLEX APP.
NEVER! NOT ONCE.
Plex fastidiously remembers the exact micro-second to resume video playback.... even when playing back the same video across different devices. It's uncanny the degree of accuracy.
Plex offers the option to "resume" or "play from start"

https://ibb.co/P4dF0mm

mime uses a $20 Walmart streaming dongle for the PLEX APP:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android-TV-4K-UHD-Streaming-Device-with-Voice-Remote-Control-HDMI-Cable/636597403