You can bear anything if it isn't your own fault. -- Katharine Fullerton Gerould

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)A Friend
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)shawn
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)shawn
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)BTR1701
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Micky DuPree
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)BTR1701
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)shawn
| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)BTR1701
| | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)shawn
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)BTR1701
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)danny burstein
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)suzeeq
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)BTR1701
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thmjua$3ckb0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159722&group=rec.arts.tv#159722

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:07:22 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 13:07 UTC

I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.

Yesterday was a very busy workday, so I only got through soaps:

soaps: DOOL - For reasons I don't understand they bring back Roark
Critchlow as Dr. Mike Horton (previously played by Michael T. Weiss!!)
- I think the gist of all of this is that they are poised to
(re-)write-out Nancy and Craig Wesley. Meanwhile, Rex informs John that
the orchide they need for the cure is extinct, and they go to Dr. Rolf
for help, and for unclear reasons, Rolf turns them down (at least
initially).
GH - Ava lets Ryan Chamberlain know that Esme is "dead", but Ryan
doesn't "break character". Later, Ava finds out from Josslyn, that the
killer is a "woman", and that she just freed Dex from Sonny's
confinement. Ava then goes to talk to Sonny about it. Dex convinces
Michael to stick with their plan, to have Dex work as a "mole" for
Sonny with the aim of taking him down. In a tedious storyline, Nina
assumes the ailing Willow and TJ are having an affair, and let's Willow
know he suspicions. Meanwhile, Willow's leukemia is getting worse (I
get the impressiong that Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is going to leave
GH when her contract is up, which I think is a mistake - I don't see
her making it outside of soaps: she just doesn't have "it", and if
Chloe Lanier (Nelle) can't make it, MacMullen has no hope!...).

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<UBI20221005@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159723&group=rec.arts.tv#159723

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 09:28:06 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 13:28 UTC

In article <thmjua$3ckb0$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

>I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.

No, I was having my quarterly car maintainence performed and had to get
kitty litter on the way home for she-who-must-be-obeyed.

>What did you watch?

On gaming night, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<061020221012346662%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159726&group=rec.arts.tv#159726

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:12:34 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:12 UTC

In article <UBI20221005@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

> In article <thmjua$3ckb0$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:
>
> >I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>
> No, I was having my quarterly car maintainence performed and had to get
> kitty litter on the way home for she-who-must-be-obeyed.

Chewy.com brings half a dozen bags (or whatever I need) of top-quality
stuff every few months. It's great not having to worry about it.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<orntjh9hvokvamr9rsh4fhpcm247plocga@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159727&group=rec.arts.tv#159727

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:17:39 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:17 UTC

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:07:22 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>
>Yesterday was a very busy workday, so I only got through soaps:
>
>soaps: DOOL - For reasons I don't understand they bring back Roark
>Critchlow as Dr. Mike Horton (previously played by Michael T. Weiss!!)
>- I think the gist of all of this is that they are poised to
>(re-)write-out Nancy and Craig Wesley. Meanwhile, Rex informs John that
>the orchide they need for the cure is extinct, and they go to Dr. Rolf
>for help, and for unclear reasons, Rolf turns them down (at least
>initially).
> GH - Ava lets Ryan Chamberlain know that Esme is "dead", but Ryan
>doesn't "break character". Later, Ava finds out from Josslyn, that the
>killer is a "woman", and that she just freed Dex from Sonny's
>confinement. Ava then goes to talk to Sonny about it. Dex convinces
>Michael to stick with their plan, to have Dex work as a "mole" for
>Sonny with the aim of taking him down. In a tedious storyline, Nina
>assumes the ailing Willow and TJ are having an affair, and let's Willow
>know he suspicions. Meanwhile, Willow's leukemia is getting worse (I
>get the impressiong that Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is going to leave
>GH when her contract is up, which I think is a mistake - I don't see
>her making it outside of soaps: she just doesn't have "it", and if
>Chloe Lanier (Nelle) can't make it, MacMullen has no hope!...).
>

>What did you watch?

I watched She-Hulk episode 8 where Jen meets Matt Murdoch in both of
his forms, as a lawyer when he goes up against her and her stupid
client and to him in his DareDevil form (with a new outfit.) In this
episode they show why you really don't want to get any Hulk mad as
She-Hulk overdoes it when she's angry. Not that she isn't destructive
when out fighting crime as she manages to damage a bunch of cars and
other stuff for no reason other than making it easier to stop the
"criminal" she's after.

Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
strictly doing support work during their probation.

Though given they managed to shut down an illegal drug operation
(small scale) while catching multiple doubles for an illegal arms
dealer as well as his main squeeze. All in the course of a normal day
for super rookies.

Also watch SURVIVOR where a team put the person who proved bad at
puzzles in the previous Immunity challenge back on puzzles.
Surprisingly she proved bad at puzzles again so they lost the IC and
she ended up being voted out.

Lastly I watched THE AMAZING RACE where once again it shows that teams
need to read and re-read the instructions over and over again until
they are sure of what their instructions say. Also we again see how
not knowing how to drive stick causes problems for teams as they race
across Italy.

They did provide both a physical and a mental challenge in this
episode so there was an opportunity for teams to move ahead of others.
Though what we really saw was teams that had issues that got in the
way of them completing a challenge which ended up causing them to lose
their position.

This happened with the mental challenge where the teams had to watch a
presentation on the parts of the body and then properly identify about
20 of them where we saw some teams have problems remembering the parts
and having to sit through the presentation (about 8 minutes) over and
over again. It also happened at the Ducati factory where one member of
each team watched a Ducati employee putting together one of their
latest motorcycles and then had to duplicate what they did.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thmqov$3db56$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159730&group=rec.arts.tv#159730

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:04:00 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:04 UTC

On 10/6/2022 6:07 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

Episodes 3 and 4 of 'Tales of the Walking Dead'. I needed to hug my
Bunny for the Alpha origin story.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thmro7$ihr3$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159731&group=rec.arts.tv#159731

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 08:20:37 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 15:20 UTC

On 10/6/2022 6:07 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>
> Yesterday was a very busy workday, so I only got through soaps:
>
> soaps: DOOL - For reasons I don't understand they bring back Roark
> Critchlow as Dr. Mike Horton (previously played by Michael T. Weiss!!) -
> I think the gist of all of this is that they are poised to
> (re-)write-out Nancy and Craig Wesley. Meanwhile, Rex informs John that
> the orchide they need for the cure is extinct, and they go to Dr. Rolf
> for help, and for unclear reasons, Rolf turns them down (at least
> initially).

It's true, he doesn't have the last remaining orchid. He didn't tell
them that he gave it to Kristen though.

>   GH - Ava lets Ryan Chamberlain know that Esme is "dead", but Ryan
> doesn't "break character". Later, Ava finds out from Josslyn, that the
> killer is a "woman", and that she just freed Dex from Sonny's
> confinement. Ava then goes to talk to Sonny about it. Dex convinces
> Michael to stick with their plan, to have Dex work as a "mole" for Sonny
> with the aim of taking him down. In a tedious storyline, Nina assumes
> the ailing Willow and TJ are having an affair, and let's Willow know he
> suspicions. Meanwhile, Willow's leukemia is getting worse (I get the
> impressiong that Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is going to leave GH when
> her contract is up, which I think is a mistake - I don't see her making
> it outside of soaps: she just doesn't have "it", and if Chloe Lanier
> (Nelle) can't make it, MacMullen has no hope!...).
>

> What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<1581098074.686763954.726507.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159732&group=rec.arts.tv#159732

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:09:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 16:09 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

BUZZR is running special episodes picked by and in celebration of Bob
Eubanks. I watched:
FAMILY FEUD (rerun from 1983)
Host Richard Dawson welcomes two teams of other game show hosts
The HEAVENLY HOSTS (Who ironically are all dead now)
Bert Parks (Miss America)
Tom Kennedy (Password+ plus pudding)
Jim Lange
Peter Marshall (The Hollywood Squares):
Leslie Uggams (Fantasy)
Versus
The MAGNIFICENT M.C.’s (yes, the gigantic sign on the wall behind them
actually included the apostrophe)
Bill Cullen
Nipsey Russell (Juvenile Jury)
Bob Eubanks (Dream House)
Betty White (Just Men)
Jim Perry (Card Sharks)

Cripes. The whole week’s worth is in one big compilation on the YouTube.
That would have saved me some typing! Looks like I watched Wednesday*
starting at the 44 minute mark:

https://youtu.be/b4r81PSTgbs

* Suddenly I have a hankering for Christina Ricci. Or Lisa Loring.

THE REAL LOVE BOAT
Lame but inoffensive “reality“ dating show.
Jerry O’Connell and Rebecca Romijn Stamos O’Connell (Who have been married
for 15 years!) host the competition on one of the new princess line boats
in the Mediterranean. They sing Paul Williams love boat theme constantly.
Somebody does a bad duet of it over the Main titles and it might be the
hosts. The captain, bartender, and cruise Director participate in pushing
people together and none of them are wasps. Isaac your bartender who is
very old and white haired has a cameo. Annoyingly they repeatedly make a
big deal about how the captain can marry people and all the people the
captain has married but of course this crap about ship captains being able
to marry people is complete nonsense. At least not just because he’s a
ships captain.
There are 10 contestants (initially), five women and five men.

The men are extremely lame. The women are very attractive but mostly
clinically insane. Like the desperate 24 year old Virgin who has been
single for seven years and is willing to give it up to hook one of these
guys if she has to. Or the desperate 35-year-old whose clock is ticking
like crazy. You get the idea. When you look at them you have no idea why
they are single. When you listen to them it becomes painfully clear.

The rules are unclear, at least until the show is over. Each week they
alternate whether the women or men are in charge. The gender that’s in
charge gets to pick who they’re going to be paired off with and two people
who aren’t picked get left behind at that weeks port. That game would end
very quickly but finally the twist is revealed: they bring in two new
players each week. So now they have a set up that could go on
indefinitely. I’m not really sure how it ever ends.

The prize is extremely lame as well. A cruise on the love boat! But they
just had to go on one of those to play the game! There’s some money too but
it’s not a lot.

This week they brought in to new men. I suppose I’ll watch next week to at
least see the two new women.

The first two episodes of the prisoner on the Tubi.

More episodes of ZORRO the fox so cunning and free!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thn0sf$3dubh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159733&group=rec.arts.tv#159733

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:47:02 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 16:47 UTC

On 10/6/2022 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:07:22 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>>
>> Yesterday was a very busy workday, so I only got through soaps:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - For reasons I don't understand they bring back Roark
>> Critchlow as Dr. Mike Horton (previously played by Michael T. Weiss!!)
>> - I think the gist of all of this is that they are poised to
>> (re-)write-out Nancy and Craig Wesley. Meanwhile, Rex informs John that
>> the orchide they need for the cure is extinct, and they go to Dr. Rolf
>> for help, and for unclear reasons, Rolf turns them down (at least
>> initially).
>> GH - Ava lets Ryan Chamberlain know that Esme is "dead", but Ryan
>> doesn't "break character". Later, Ava finds out from Josslyn, that the
>> killer is a "woman", and that she just freed Dex from Sonny's
>> confinement. Ava then goes to talk to Sonny about it. Dex convinces
>> Michael to stick with their plan, to have Dex work as a "mole" for
>> Sonny with the aim of taking him down. In a tedious storyline, Nina
>> assumes the ailing Willow and TJ are having an affair, and let's Willow
>> know he suspicions. Meanwhile, Willow's leukemia is getting worse (I
>> get the impressiong that Katelyn MacMullen (Willow) is going to leave
>> GH when her contract is up, which I think is a mistake - I don't see
>> her making it outside of soaps: she just doesn't have "it", and if
>> Chloe Lanier (Nelle) can't make it, MacMullen has no hope!...).
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> I watched She-Hulk episode 8 where Jen meets Matt Murdoch in both of
> his forms, as a lawyer when he goes up against her and her stupid
> client and to him in his DareDevil form (with a new outfit.) In this
> episode they show why you really don't want to get any Hulk mad as
> She-Hulk overdoes it when she's angry. Not that she isn't destructive
> when out fighting crime as she manages to damage a bunch of cars and
> other stuff for no reason other than making it easier to stop the
> "criminal" she's after.

Yeah, that collateral damage was ridiculous. I was starting to feel
sorry for the people whose cars they were totaling. I was wondering
whose going to pay for all of that!

I watched:

Andor (Disney+) - "The Axe Forgets" - Another really good slow burn
episode. Andor is forced to come clean to his team that he's a hired
merc. Meanwhile Kern visits his mother which packed a surprising amount
of drama! And back on Coruscant we meet Mon Mothma's daughter who
appears to take after her dad. If it turns out the father and daughter
are taking a tour of the Death Star when it blows, I don't think Mon
Mothma is going to shed too many tears...

Chucky (USA) - "Halloween II" - Season 2 premier which after giving a
way too short recap, picks up where season 1 ended with Andy and a truck
full of Chucky dolls along with a Tiffany doll. They quickly kill them
off screen so they can do a 6 month time jump and move on to other
things. And since when was Kyle killed? It wasn't shown in the recap
but it was casually mentioned as I'm guessing another off screen death
so she and Andy can show up again when needed. Anyway, this was a
pretty good premier. It reset the show thanks to a time jump and a new
setting.

Queen Sugar - Slowly and Always Irregularly" - Almost pure background noise.

DC's Stargirl - "Frenemies-Chapter Four: The Evidence" - The episode
from two weeks ago. I didn't give it my full attention.

9-1-1 - "The Devil You Know" - Athena solves a 45 year old murder mystery.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thn0sg$3dubh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159734&group=rec.arts.tv#159734

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:47:57 -0700

On 10/6/2022 8:04 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 10/6/2022 6:07 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>

> Episodes 3 and 4 of 'Tales of the Walking Dead'.  I needed to hug my
> Bunny for the Alpha origin story.

Didn't they already do the Alpha origin story on The Walking Dead? What
more could anyone possibly want to know about her?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<atropos-3F0D01.10184906102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159737&group=rec.arts.tv#159737

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:18:49 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:18 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> THE REAL LOVE BOAT
> Lame but inoffensive “reality“ dating show.
> Jerry O’Connell and Rebecca Romijn Stamos O’Connell (Who have been married
> for 15 years!)

He's getting skinnier every day and she's getting chubbier. I think she
must absorb one pound from him every time they have sex or something.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<e93ujhpkhlcp5ltqbjd92qdf3l93s0ra9b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159738&group=rec.arts.tv#159738

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 13:20:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:20 UTC

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:47:02 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 10/6/2022 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 06:07:22 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess Ubi is taking a siesta.
>>>
>>> Yesterday was a very busy workday, so I only got through soaps:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I watched She-Hulk episode 8 where Jen meets Matt Murdoch in both of
>> his forms, as a lawyer when he goes up against her and her stupid
>> client and to him in his DareDevil form (with a new outfit.) In this
>> episode they show why you really don't want to get any Hulk mad as
>> She-Hulk overdoes it when she's angry. Not that she isn't destructive
>> when out fighting crime as she manages to damage a bunch of cars and
>> other stuff for no reason other than making it easier to stop the
>> "criminal" she's after.
>>

>Yeah, that collateral damage was ridiculous. I was starting to feel
>sorry for the people whose cars they were totaling. I was wondering
>whose going to pay for all of that!

She did leave a note and since she was working for her client I would
assume the cars and parking lot damage would be covered by the firm
(and the client.) Of course all of the damage at the awards ceremony
is on her. I guess she's going to need a lawyer now. If only she knew
one.

>I watched:
>
>Andor (Disney+) - "The Axe Forgets" - Another really good slow burn
>episode. Andor is forced to come clean to his team that he's a hired
>merc. Meanwhile Kern visits his mother which packed a surprising amount
>of drama! And back on Coruscant we meet Mon Mothma's daughter who
>appears to take after her dad. If it turns out the father and daughter
>are taking a tour of the Death Star when it blows, I don't think Mon
>Mothma is going to shed too many tears...
>

>Chucky (USA) - "Halloween II" - Season 2 premier which after giving a
>way too short recap, picks up where season 1 ended with Andy and a truck
>full of Chucky dolls along with a Tiffany doll. They quickly kill them
>off screen so they can do a 6 month time jump and move on to other
>things. And since when was Kyle killed? It wasn't shown in the recap
>but it was casually mentioned as I'm guessing another off screen death
>so she and Andy can show up again when needed. Anyway, this was a
>pretty good premier. It reset the show thanks to a time jump and a new
>setting.

Cool. I wasn't aware the show was back already. So I'll have to be on
the lookout for a rerun. I'm not surprised they quickly dealt with the
truckload of Chuckies as they can't have hundreds of them killing
across the nation and expect it to remain any sort of secret.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<atropos-6C8916.10224706102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159739&group=rec.arts.tv#159739

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:22:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:22 UTC

In article <orntjh9hvokvamr9rsh4fhpcm247plocga@4ax.com>,

> Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
> they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
> thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
> in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
> strictly doing support work during their probation.

I've never heard of this show but the idea that you have to make seven
federal arrests in six months or lose your job is idiotic. That's not
how this works. It's not how any of this works.

Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a case
for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<atropos-A2811C.10250506102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159740&group=rec.arts.tv#159740

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:25:05 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:25 UTC

In article <thn0sf$3dubh$1@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 10/6/2022 7:17 AM, shawn wrote:

> > I watched She-Hulk episode 8 where Jen meets Matt Murdoch in both of
> > his forms, as a lawyer when he goes up against her and her stupid
> > client and to him in his DareDevil form (with a new outfit.) In this
> > episode they show why you really don't want to get any Hulk mad as
> > She-Hulk overdoes it when she's angry. Not that she isn't destructive
> > when out fighting crime as she manages to damage a bunch of cars and
> > other stuff for no reason other than making it easier to stop the
> > "criminal" she's after.
> >

> Yeah, that collateral damage was ridiculous. I was starting to feel
> sorry for the people whose cars they were totaling. I was wondering
> whose going to pay for all of that!

I wonder if people who live in cities where superheroes operate have to
have special "hero insurance", the same way we have to have earthquake
insurance here because our normal policies won't cover it?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<1345863409.686770103.841367.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159743&group=rec.arts.tv#159743

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:30:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:30 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1581098074.686763954.726507.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> THE REAL LOVE BOAT
>> Lame but inoffensive “reality“ dating show.
>> Jerry O’Connell and Rebecca Romijn Stamos O’Connell (Who have been married
>> for 15 years!)
>
> He's getting skinnier every day and she's getting chubbier. I think she
> must absorb one pound from him every time they have sex or something.

I made the same observation but didn’t come up with the same theory.

I also noticed that he keeps dressing in the blue that she wore in the
X-Men movies.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<i34ujhlvf9q2c6gnbigllc7slq5ff6qjgg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159745&group=rec.arts.tv#159745

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 13:37:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:37 UTC

On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:22:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <orntjh9hvokvamr9rsh4fhpcm247plocga@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
>> they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
>> thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
>> in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
>> strictly doing support work during their probation.
>
>I've never heard of this show but the idea that you have to make seven
>federal arrests in six months or lose your job is idiotic. That's not
>how this works. It's not how any of this works.

It's "THE ROOKIE: FEDS" show but given I was also watching the FBI
shows I tend to think of them all being named the same. That seven
arrest was only part of what they needed to do. They also needed to
cultivate a CI as well as a bunch of other things. All within that six
month probationary period. Of course the two rookie feds manage to
cultivate a CI and get their seven arrests in the same day they get
told they need to do this. Hence the Super-Rookie reference.

>Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
>federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a case
>for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.

Yeah, that was my thinking too when I watched it. Cases just don't
come together that quickly.

Oh, I also watched FBI: MOST WANTED where we get to see the team take
out a big drug ring. Most surprising is they worked with the DEA who
had been tracking the drug ring for some time and they knew about a
huge shipment coming in. Yet when it was time to go on the ship full
of drugs it was only the small FBI team that went on board. No backup
from other FBI agents, and no one from the DEA was there for the big
bust. I guess that's one way to save money on casting but it was a
ridiculous choice.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<atropos-6DE4CC.11130706102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159746&group=rec.arts.tv#159746

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 11:13:07 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:13 UTC

In article <i34ujhlvf9q2c6gnbigllc7slq5ff6qjgg@4ax.com>,

> On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:22:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <orntjh9hvokvamr9rsh4fhpcm247plocga@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
> >> they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
> >> thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
> >> in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
> >> strictly doing support work during their probation.
> >
> >I've never heard of this show but the idea that you have to make seven
> >federal arrests in six months or lose your job is idiotic. That's not
> >how this works. It's not how any of this works.
>
> It's "THE ROOKIE: FEDS" show but given I was also watching the FBI
> shows I tend to think of them all being named the same. That seven
> arrest was only part of what they needed to do. They also needed to
> cultivate a CI as well as a bunch of other things. All within that six
> month probationary period.

First of all, the probationary period for a federal agent isn't six
months. It's three years and 120 days. During that time, you can be
fired basically at the whim of your SAIC. At three years and 121 days,
full civil service protection kicks in and they have to give you all the
due process-- valid reason for dismissal, hearings, burden of proof,
appeals, etc.

> Of course the two rookie feds manage to
> cultivate a CI and get their seven arrests in the same day they get
> told they need to do this. Hence the Super-Rookie reference.

Absurd. A new agent could easily be assigned to a squad where there are
no CIs, like the Electronic Crimes squad. Or the Child Exploitation
squad. Or the Fugitive Squad, like on MOST WANTED. If you're on the
Fugitive Squad, how do you develop a CI for cases that just randomly pop
up? Do they just fire every new agent who comes along because they
haven't developed a CI? And seven federal arrests in one day from cases
that didn't even exist when they got to work that morning? The U.S.
Attorney's Office wouldn't even get you the warrants in less than a
week. And if they made seven PC arrests without warrants, the USAO will
be tremendously pissed off. That just simply isn't done.

I had an AUSA chew me out for making a PC arrest on a guy who actively
tried to attack a protectee in front of me. The AUSA and I had a big
shouting match over it. He wanted me to just let the guy go until he had
time to review the case and bring it to a grand jury and then issue a
warrant when they handed down an indictment. It got to the point where
my SAIC had to step in and tell *the* U.S. Attorney that the USSS isn't
in the business of just letting people go when they attack our
protectees and he'd just better get used to that fact.
> > Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
> > federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a
> > case for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.
>
> Yeah, that was my thinking too when I watched it. Cases just don't
> come together that quickly.
>
> Oh, I also watched FBI: MOST WANTED where we get to see the team take
> out a big drug ring. Most surprising is they worked with the DEA who
> had been tracking the drug ring for some time and they knew about a
> huge shipment coming in. Yet when it was time to go on the ship full
> of drugs it was only the small FBI team that went on board.

In the premiere episode, the ATF called the FBI Fugitive Squad to do
their jobs for them and now the DEA is calling the FBI Fugitive Squad to
do their jobs for them. What's next? Will the Fugitive Squad be called
in by the IRS to go after some tax cheats? Will the Secret Service call
in the Fugitive Squad to catch an aspiring presidential assassin?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thn7ps$3egsd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159750&group=rec.arts.tv#159750

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 11:46:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:46 UTC

On 2022-10-06 16:47:02 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> I watched:
>
> DC's Stargirl - "Frenemies-Chapter Four: The Evidence" - The episode
> from two weeks ago. I didn't give it my full attention.

At the rate I am going, it is likely I will record the full season of
"Stargirl" before I watch it, a la the last season of "The Outpost"!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<639ujhl3l35nmgate1q3pvcq8hssef8jif@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159751&group=rec.arts.tv#159751

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 14:57:51 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:57 UTC

On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 11:13:07 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <i34ujhlvf9q2c6gnbigllc7slq5ff6qjgg@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:22:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <orntjh9hvokvamr9rsh4fhpcm247plocga@4ax.com>,
>> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
>> > federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a
>> > case for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.
>>
>> Yeah, that was my thinking too when I watched it. Cases just don't
>> come together that quickly.
>>
>> Oh, I also watched FBI: MOST WANTED where we get to see the team take
>> out a big drug ring. Most surprising is they worked with the DEA who
>> had been tracking the drug ring for some time and they knew about a
>> huge shipment coming in. Yet when it was time to go on the ship full
>> of drugs it was only the small FBI team that went on board.
>
>In the premiere episode, the ATF called the FBI Fugitive Squad to do
>their jobs for them and now the DEA is calling the FBI Fugitive Squad to
>do their jobs for them. What's next? Will the Fugitive Squad be called
>in by the IRS to go after some tax cheats? Will the Secret Service call
>in the Fugitive Squad to catch an aspiring presidential assassin?

At least in this case it wasn't the DEA calling them in. They were
working on a murder/robbery case that happened to lead them to the
same drug shipment that the DEA was tracking. Still no excuse for not
having the DEA involved in the take down and absolutely no excuse for
having only the six agents involved in the takedown of a major drug
shipment with people that were known to have weapons and be willing to
kill if threatened.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thna9m$3el84$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159753&group=rec.arts.tv#159753

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:28:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:28 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
>>they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
>>thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
>>in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
>>strictly doing support work during their probation.

>I've never heard of this show but the idea that you have to make seven
>federal arrests in six months or lose your job is idiotic. That's not
>how this works. It's not how any of this works.

>Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
>federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a case
>for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.

But the case went to trial before the next commercial break, right?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<atropos-A30738.12391806102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159754&group=rec.arts.tv#159754

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 12:39:18 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:39 UTC

In article <thna9m$3el84$3@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
> >>Also watch FBI Super-Rookies who got given a manual full of quests
> >>they needed to fulfill in the first 6 months or they would be out. I
> >>thought it interesting that they expected rookies to catch 7 criminals
> >>in their first six months on the job when you would expect them to be
> >>strictly doing support work during their probation.
>
> >I've never heard of this show but the idea that you have to make seven
> >federal arrests in six months or lose your job is idiotic. That's not
> >how this works. It's not how any of this works.
>
> >Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
> >federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a case
> >for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.
>
> But the case went to trial before the next commercial break, right?

And we got a verdict in 10 seconds.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thnckc$4cm$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159756&group=rec.arts.tv#159756

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:08:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:08 UTC

In <atropos-A30738.12391806102022@news.giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

[snip]
>> >Real life isn't like Dick Wolf TV shows where FBI agents make major
>> >federal cases with a half dozen arrests every week. I once worked a case
>> >for three years before putting cuffs on a counterfeiting crew.
>>
>> But the case went to trial before the next commercial break, right?

>And we got a verdict in 10 seconds.

And a parking spot in 5...

dannyb@panix.com

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thneom$3f1qh$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159759&group=rec.arts.tv#159759

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 13:45:12 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:45 UTC

On 10/6/2022 9:47 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 10/6/2022 8:04 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 10/6/2022 6:07 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>

>> Episodes 3 and 4 of 'Tales of the Walking Dead'.  I needed to hug my
>> Bunny for the Alpha origin story.
>>

> Didn't they already do the Alpha origin story on The Walking Dead?  What
> more could anyone possibly want to know about her?

In this case it was how she met the Whisperers. I don't remember her
"origin story" in the main show, maybe this was just fleshing her story out.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<thnghs$3f4nf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159761&group=rec.arts.tv#159761

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:15:39 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 21:15 UTC

On 10/6/2022 11:46 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-10-06 16:47:02 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> DC's Stargirl - "Frenemies-Chapter Four: The Evidence" - The episode
>> from two weeks ago.  I didn't give it my full attention.
>
> At the rate I am going, it is likely I will record the full season of
> "Stargirl" before I watch it, a la the last season of "The Outpost"!

I'm *trying* to keep that from happening. That's why I watched
Stargirl, and I originally planned to watch last night's episode too.
It's why I binged all of those Rings episode (even though that didn't
help my DVR) and I'm forcing myself to watch Queen Sugar and I made it
half way through Big Sky. I really want to avoid having several weeks
worth of any show sitting on my DVR. I know I need to hop back on the
Walking Dead bandwagon too now that they are cranking out new episodes
again.

But this month is going to be tough. I really do have a *lot* of horror
movies that I am eagerly waiting to watch. Some I've been waiting since
last year to watch. And one way or another I'm watching them this year!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<1692111419.686794277.596420.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159780&group=rec.arts.tv#159780

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:46:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 01:46 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-06 16:47:02 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> DC's Stargirl - "Frenemies-Chapter Four: The Evidence" - The episode
>> from two weeks ago. I didn't give it my full attention.
>
> At the rate I am going, it is likely I will record the full season of
> "Stargirl" before I watch it, a la the last season of "The Outpost"!

But Stargirl SG1 isn’t recordable.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-05 (Wednesday)

<190681912.686799959.618577.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159781&group=rec.arts.tv#159781

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:46:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 01:46 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 10/6/2022 11:46 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-10-06 16:47:02 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> DC's Stargirl - "Frenemies-Chapter Four: The Evidence" - The episode
>>> from two weeks ago.  I didn't give it my full attention.
>>
>> At the rate I am going, it is likely I will record the full season of
>> "Stargirl" before I watch it, a la the last season of "The Outpost"!
>>

> I'm *trying* to keep that from happening. That's why I watched
> Stargirl, and I originally planned to watch last night's episode too.
> It's why I binged all of those Rings episode (even though that didn't
> help my DVR) and I'm forcing myself to watch Queen Sugar and I made it
> half way through Big Sky. I really want to avoid having several weeks
> worth of any show sitting on my DVR. I know I need to hop back on the
> Walking Dead bandwagon too now that they are cranking out new episodes
> again.
>
> But this month is going to be tough. I really do have a *lot* of horror
> movies that I am eagerly waiting to watch. Some I've been waiting since
> last year to watch. And one way or another I'm watching them this year!

Cheesy Syfy day is coming up on TCM and I told the DVR to record all of it!
That’s gonna hurt.