From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Devils season 2
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:14:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 20:14 UTC

From an Italian satellite channel which aired in April and May, 2022, 8
episodes over 4 weeks. I haven't seen season 1. The C-Wub aired it.
Unlike Leonardo, the comercial breaks were planned.

It also had an international cast but the lead is Italian. It was
produced in Italy but largely set in London. Allessandro Borghi plays
Massimo, largely at odds with Patrick Dempsey as Dominick.

Dominic is supposed to be evil and menacing. Terrible casting choice.
Doctor McDreary cannot pull it off.

Because I came in the middle of the story, I was lost about Massimo
suspecting Dominick of killing his lover, and the murder of the Punjabi
guy and others were based on first season plots, also hard to follow.
But I wouldn't say this stoff got resolved, more like dropped, and the
two men are somewhat playing on the same page by the last episode.

It's a fictional look at large world events and how information is used
for predictive modeling which makes huge institions lots of money. The
Brexit vote was manipulated. They ended up with the consequences of the
global economic shutdown due to COVID.

Several of the murders this season were to avoid exposing the Brexit
vote. Then Dominick bought spyware to keep it out of the hands of the
Chinese but uses it for himself. There are evil Chinese government
influences and they literally run one of London's most importan
investment bank where much of the action is set.

Not great but it could be fun. It moved along.