You can't have everything... where would you put it? -- Steven Wright

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

SubjectAuthor
* Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideBTR1701
+* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideBTR1701
|+* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideAdam H. Kerman
||+* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideBTR1701
|||`- Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwidetrotsky
||`* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideAlan Smithee
|| `* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideBTR1701
||  `- Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwidetrotsky
|`- Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwidetrotsky
+- Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwidemoviePig
 `* Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideBTR1701
  `- Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising NationwideThe Horny Goat

1
Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<ieWcnau5yI9P1KP-nZ2dnZfqn_pj4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159685&group=rec.arts.tv#159685

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 03:21:54 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:21 UTC

Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't think
he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected stop him
from trying to rule America anyway.

Emperor Gavin Palpatine signed Assembly Bill 2571, which imposes $25,000 civil
fines on "firearm industry members advertising any firearms-related product in
a way that could be seen as appealing to minors".

Newsom also claims this law is extra-territorial in nature. That is, it
doesn't just apply to people in California; it also applies to anyone,
anywhere, who advertises guns if their advertising can reach a child in
California, i.e. a website.

So this arrogant asshole thinks he can not only dictate to California citizens
what they can and cannot say with regard to guns, but he thinks he has the
power to tell everyone in America what they can and cannot say with regard to
guns.

(1) How is this constitutional? (What am I thinking? Of course they don't care
if it's constitutional.)

(2) Why wouldn't this apply to Hollywood movies, too? How come Hollywood can
advertise it's latest shoot-'em-up orgasm of violence but, for example, a
youth shooting league can't?

The California State High School Clay Target League folded last week following
passage of Assembly Bill 2571. "As a school-based activity serving students
from 6th-12th grade, these provisions serve to outlaw the very name and
existence of the California State High School Clay Target League," the group's
website states. The only thing the website has now is a one-page plea for
restoring the league, with quotes from John Nelson, president of the league.

"The League is the safest sport in high school. Over 1,500 schools across the
nation have approved our program. Hundreds of thousands of students have
participated and there has never been an accident or injury. The USA is a
perennial contender in shooting sports at the Olympics, so this legal
crackdown on any gun-related activities "appealing to minors" in America's
largest state is a blow to the sport nationwide."

Seems like a juicy case for the 1st Amendment lawyers out there, especially
the ones outside of California who would be more than eager to bite a legal
chunk out of Newsom's ass.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<xGqdnW7cLfZC1qP-nZ2dnZfqnPVi4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159687&group=rec.arts.tv#159687

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 03:30:39 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:30 UTC

On Oct 5, 2022 at 8:21:54 PM PDT, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't think
> he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected stop him
> from trying to rule America anyway.
>
> Emperor Gavin Palpatine signed Assembly Bill 2571, which imposes $25,000
> civil
> fines on "firearm industry members advertising any firearms-related product
> in
> a way that could be seen as appealing to minors".
>
> Newsom also claims this law is extra-territorial in nature. That is, it
> doesn't just apply to people in California; it also applies to anyone,
> anywhere, who advertises guns if their advertising can reach a child in
> California, i.e. a website.
>
> So this arrogant asshole thinks he can not only dictate to California
> citizens
> what they can and cannot say with regard to guns, but he thinks he has the
> power to tell everyone in America what they can and cannot say with regard to
> guns.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the hypocritical asshole we have for a governor also
just signed AB 2799, and was joined in the signing by several hip hop and rap
artists. The bill, titled the Decriminalizing Artistic Expression Act,
prevents prosecutors from using violently descriptive rap music lyrics in
criminal court cases against their authors when they have broken the law.

"Artists of all kinds should be able to create without the fear of unfair and
prejudicial prosecution," Gov. Newsom said. "California is taking a
nation-leading role to protect creative expression and ensure that artists are
not criminalized under biased policies."

Let that fantastic heap of bullshit sink in.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thljgi$37db9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159689&group=rec.arts.tv#159689

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:53:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:53 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't think
>he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected stop him
>from trying to rule America anyway. . . .

I acknowledge that your state is leading in the race to the bottom.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thljm3$37db9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159690&group=rec.arts.tv#159690

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:56:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 03:56 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>Oh, I forgot to mention, the hypocritical asshole we have for a governor also
>just signed AB 2799, and was joined in the signing by several hip hop and rap
>artists. The bill, titled the Decriminalizing Artistic Expression Act,
>prevents prosecutors from using violently descriptive rap music lyrics in
>criminal court cases against their authors when they have broken the law.

>"Artists of all kinds should be able to create without the fear of unfair and
>prejudicial prosecution," Gov. Newsom said. "California is taking a
>nation-leading role to protect creative expression and ensure that artists are
>not criminalized under biased policies."

>Let that fantastic heap of bullshit sink in.

Waitaminit

Haven't there been instances in which a rap artist has beaten up his
girlfriend, then wrote lyric describing the beating and how she deserved
it? My gawd, a prosecutor should be allowed to use that as evidence.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<atropos-354FC3.21160905102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159695&group=rec.arts.tv#159695

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 21:16:09 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 04:16 UTC

In article <thljm3$37db9$3@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> > Oh, I forgot to mention, the hypocritical asshole we have for a governor
> > also just signed AB 2799, and was joined in the signing by several hip
> > hop and rap artists. The bill, titled the Decriminalizing Artistic
> > Expression Act, prevents prosecutors from using violently descriptive
> > rap music lyrics in criminal court cases against their authors when they
> > have broken the law.
>
> > "Artists of all kinds should be able to create without the fear of unfair
> > and prejudicial prosecution," Gov. Newsom said. "California is taking a
> > nation-leading role to protect creative expression and ensure that
> > artists are not criminalized under biased policies."
>
> > Let that fantastic heap of bullshit sink in.
>
> Waitaminit
>
> Haven't there been instances in which a rap artist has beaten up his
> girlfriend, then wrote lyric describing the beating and how she deserved
> it? My gawd, a prosecutor should be allowed to use that as evidence.

Not in California! We're progressive here, dontcha know, and progressive
means doing whatever we can to keep criminals out of prison.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thm70k$1rt9$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159711&group=rec.arts.tv#159711

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 04:26:44 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:26 UTC

On 10/5/2022 11:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <thljm3$37db9$3@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>> Oh, I forgot to mention, the hypocritical asshole we have for a governor
>>> also just signed AB 2799, and was joined in the signing by several hip
>>> hop and rap artists. The bill, titled the Decriminalizing Artistic
>>> Expression Act, prevents prosecutors from using violently descriptive
>>> rap music lyrics in criminal court cases against their authors when they
>>> have broken the law.
>>
>>> "Artists of all kinds should be able to create without the fear of unfair
>>> and prejudicial prosecution," Gov. Newsom said. "California is taking a
>>> nation-leading role to protect creative expression and ensure that
>>> artists are not criminalized under biased policies."
>>
>>> Let that fantastic heap of bullshit sink in.
>>
>> Waitaminit
>>
>> Haven't there been instances in which a rap artist has beaten up his
>> girlfriend, then wrote lyric describing the beating and how she deserved
>> it? My gawd, a prosecutor should be allowed to use that as evidence.
>
> Not in California! We're progressive here, dontcha know, and progressive
> means doing whatever we can to keep criminals out of prison.

So true, and right wing assholes wanting a gun in every household
empowers and emboldens the criminal. Excellent use of hypocrisy!

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thm7b2$1rt9$8@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159714&group=rec.arts.tv#159714

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 04:32:18 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:32 UTC

On 10/5/2022 10:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2022 at 8:21:54 PM PDT, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't think
>> he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected stop him
>> from trying to rule America anyway.
>>
>> Emperor Gavin Palpatine signed Assembly Bill 2571, which imposes $25,000
>> civil
>> fines on "firearm industry members advertising any firearms-related product
>> in
>> a way that could be seen as appealing to minors".
>>
>> Newsom also claims this law is extra-territorial in nature. That is, it
>> doesn't just apply to people in California; it also applies to anyone,
>> anywhere, who advertises guns if their advertising can reach a child in
>> California, i.e. a website.
>>
>> So this arrogant asshole thinks he can not only dictate to California
>> citizens
>> what they can and cannot say with regard to guns, but he thinks he has the
>> power to tell everyone in America what they can and cannot say with regard to
>> guns.
>
> Oh, I forgot to mention, the hypocritical asshole

Where's the "hypocritical" part, or are you just tossing around epithets
in lieu of brain function?

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<rBB%K.123643$6gz7.90670@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159729&group=rec.arts.tv#159729

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:27:34 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 14:27 UTC

On 10/5/2022 11:21 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't think
> he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected stop him
> from trying to rule America anyway.
>
> Emperor Gavin Palpatine signed Assembly Bill 2571, which imposes $25,000 civil
> fines on "firearm industry members advertising any firearms-related product in
> a way that could be seen as appealing to minors".
>
> Newsom also claims this law is extra-territorial in nature. That is, it
> doesn't just apply to people in California; it also applies to anyone,
> anywhere, who advertises guns if their advertising can reach a child in
> California, i.e. a website.
>
> So this arrogant asshole thinks he can not only dictate to California citizens
> what they can and cannot say with regard to guns, but he thinks he has the
> power to tell everyone in America what they can and cannot say with regard to
> guns.
>
> (1) How is this constitutional? (What am I thinking? Of course they don't care
> if it's constitutional.)
>
> (2) Why wouldn't this apply to Hollywood movies, too? How come Hollywood can
> advertise it's latest shoot-'em-up orgasm of violence but, for example, a
> youth shooting league can't?
>
> The California State High School Clay Target League folded last week following
> passage of Assembly Bill 2571. "As a school-based activity serving students
> from 6th-12th grade, these provisions serve to outlaw the very name and
> existence of the California State High School Clay Target League," the group's
> website states. The only thing the website has now is a one-page plea for
> restoring the league, with quotes from John Nelson, president of the league.
>
> "The League is the safest sport in high school. Over 1,500 schools across the
> nation have approved our program. Hundreds of thousands of students have
> participated and there has never been an accident or injury. The USA is a
> perennial contender in shooting sports at the Olympics, so this legal
> crackdown on any gun-related activities "appealing to minors" in America's
> largest state is a blow to the sport nationwide."
>
> Seems like a juicy case for the 1st Amendment lawyers out there, especially
> the ones outside of California who would be more than eager to bite a legal
> chunk out of Newsom's ass.

What are you objecting to, his overreach (to other states) or his target
(guns)? E.g., what if Newsom were stifling weed-for-kids ads?

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<atropos-B6983A.10331306102022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159744&group=rec.arts.tv#159744

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:33:13 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:33 UTC

In article <rBB%K.123643$6gz7.90670@fx37.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 10/5/2022 11:21 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > Did you know that Gavin Newsom is your new president? Most people don't
> > think he is, but Gavvy isn't letting a little thing like not being elected
> > stop him from trying to rule America anyway.
> >
> > Emperor Gavin Palpatine signed Assembly Bill 2571, which imposes $25,000
> > civil fines on "firearm industry members advertising any firearms-related
> > product in a way that could be seen as appealing to minors".
> >
> > Newsom also claims this law is extra-territorial in nature. That is, it
> > doesn't just apply to people in California; it also applies to anyone,
> > anywhere, who advertises guns if their advertising can reach a child in
> > California, i.e. a website.
> >
> > So this arrogant asshole thinks he can not only dictate to California
> > citizens what they can and cannot say with regard to guns, but he thinks
> > he has the power to tell everyone in America what they can and cannot
> > say with regard to guns.
> >
> > (1) How is this constitutional? (What am I thinking? Of course they don't
> > care if it's constitutional.)
> >
> > (2) Why wouldn't this apply to Hollywood movies, too? How come Hollywood
> > can advertise it's latest shoot-'em-up orgasm of violence but, for example,
> > a youth shooting league can't?
> >
> > The California State High School Clay Target League folded last week
> > following passage of Assembly Bill 2571. "As a school-based activity
> > serving students from 6th-12th grade, these provisions serve to outlaw
> > the very name and existence of the California State High School Clay
> > Target League," the group's website states. The only thing the website
> > has now is a one-page plea for restoring the league, with quotes from
> > John Nelson, president of the league.
> >
> > "The League is the safest sport in high school. Over 1,500 schools across
> > the nation have approved our program. Hundreds of thousands of students
> > have participated and there has never been an accident or injury. The USA
> > is a perennial contender in shooting sports at the Olympics, so this legal
> > crackdown on any gun-related activities "appealing to minors" in America's
> > largest state is a blow to the sport nationwide."
> >
> > Seems like a juicy case for the 1st Amendment lawyers out there, especially
> > the ones outside of California who would be more than eager to bite a legal
> > chunk out of Newsom's ass.
>
> What are you objecting to, his overreach (to other states) or his target
> (guns)?

Both.

> E.g., what if Newsom were stifling weed-for-kids ads?

Weed isn't a legal product for kids or a constitutionally protected
right for kids. (But at the same time, these same people say showing an
ID at a polling place is a bridge too far for a constitutionally
protected right...)

Apparently the only people who can legally talk about guns to kids in
California are gangsta rappers.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thnlc4$84j$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159770&group=rec.arts.tv#159770

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 19:37:56 -0300
 by: Alan Smithee - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 22:37 UTC

Wait ... there's more!!!

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/gov-newsom-signs-bill-to-censor-ca-doctors-accused-of-spreading-covid-misinformation/

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<Y2ednVv-OLsH9KL-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159777&group=rec.arts.tv#159777

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 23:49:46 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 23:49 UTC

On Oct 6, 2022 at 3:37:56 PM PDT, "Alan Smithee" <alms@last.inc> wrote:

> Wait ... there's more!!!
>

> https://californiaglobe.com/articles/gov-newsom-signs-bill-to-censor-ca-doctors-accused-of-spreading-covid-misinformation/

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed AB 2098 by Assemblyman Evan Low
(D-Campbell), which will punish physicians and surgeons for "unprofessional
conduct" for advocating for the potential benefits of early treatment with
off-label drugs, or those who dare to ask questions about COVID vaccine
safety.

Assembly Bill 2098 puts unconstitutional restrictions on free speech by
medical professionals. Under AB 2098, doctors will be subject to disciplinary
actions by the Medical Board of California and the Osteopathic Medical Board
of California if they do not adhere to the "approved COVID treatment
consensus".

--------------------------

So now you can lose your medical license in California for disagreeing with
Emperor Gavin.

Wow, Palpatine really is on a censorship jag lately, isn't he? Why is it that
when leftists are let off the leash, the first thing they do is try and
censor, gag, and ban people from saying anything they don't like?

Leftistism: A political philosophy so wonderful, we have to put you in jail
for disagreeing with it.

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<thomh9$v5g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159790&group=rec.arts.tv#159790

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 03:03:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:03 UTC

On 10/6/2022 6:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2022 at 3:37:56 PM PDT, "Alan Smithee" <alms@last.inc> wrote:
>
>> Wait ... there's more!!!
>>

>> https://californiaglobe.com/articles/gov-newsom-signs-bill-to-censor-ca-doctors-accused-of-spreading-covid-misinformation/
>
> California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed AB 2098 by Assemblyman Evan Low
> (D-Campbell), which will punish physicians and surgeons for "unprofessional
> conduct" for advocating for the potential benefits of early treatment with
> off-label drugs, or those who dare to ask questions about COVID vaccine
> safety.
>
> Assembly Bill 2098 puts unconstitutional restrictions on free speech by
> medical professionals. Under AB 2098, doctors will be subject to disciplinary
> actions by the Medical Board of California and the Osteopathic Medical Board
> of California if they do not adhere to the "approved COVID treatment
> consensus".
>
> --------------------------
>
> So now you can lose your medical license in California for disagreeing with
> Emperor Gavin.

So what are you going to do about it you motherfucking eunuch? Dream
what it's like to have a pair of balls?

Re: Newsom Signs Bill Outlawing Firearm Advertising Nationwide

<q8tvjhhru2dup9ccmuooosiprqanc3rm2r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159809&group=rec.arts.tv#159809

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 03:09:36 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 10:09 UTC

On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:33:13 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <rBB%K.123643$6gz7.90670@fx37.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> E.g., what if Newsom were stifling weed-for-kids ads?
>
>Weed isn't a legal product for kids or a constitutionally protected
>right for kids. (But at the same time, these same people say showing an
>ID at a polling place is a bridge too far for a constitutionally
>protected right...)

Heck tobacco isn't a legal product for kids either and as far as I
know ALL states prohibit its sale to minors.

As for ID at elections, I'm voting in a municipal election on the 15th
(I have been on the board of our local community association and I
spent yesterday evening as event crew for an all candidates meeting)
and if you're NOT on their list you can still vote BUT you do need 2
pieces of ID. Just in case I'll have my passport in my pocket not
expecting to need it.

What I >do< expect is to have to talk to them about the process to
REMOVE a voter at my address since she has passed away since the last
election during the past 4 years and while the mayor was personally
present for her burial I very much doubt that fact would cause her to
be removed from the voters' list. I also want to ensure our daughter
(who lives with us but doesn't normally vote locally but does vote
federally and provincially) IS on the list and DOESN'T get removed.

In our area a municipal vote is usually for 1 mayor, 6 councillors, 4
school trustees and usually 1 or oore referenda. These use paper
ballots which are mark-sense cards and electronically counted (with
provision for hand verification) and last time round they counted
35000 votes in 90 minutes after close of polls and had the results on
the municipal website.

(After the last local election I talked to the municipal clerk - who
was the chief electoral officer - and he told me that they manually
compared 1% of the ballots that had been tallied electronically and
found only one discrepancy - and their machines have a second counting
bin for ballots the machine is in doubt on and all of those are
counted manually. They've been using this system for the last 3
elections)

There's no question in my mind that Americans make the polling process
far more complex than it needs to be. In all my years of voting I've
never taken more than 1/2 hour to vote and often am in and out in 10
minutes. As in the 2021 federal election won by Justin Trudeau despite
getting less votes than the "loser" for the second straight time.
Despite COVID I spent 15 minutes in line and was out of there in 5
minutes when I got to the head of the line. In Canada any wait of more
than an hour to vote would be unheard of.

>Apparently the only people who can legally talk about guns to kids in
>California are gangsta rappers.

That's extremely funny in a sad kind of way.