From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-06 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

The day I paid $300(!!) for a routine car maintenance, I watched:

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Loretta Lynn's Plantation House". Country singer Loretta Lynn invites the
crew to her plantation in Hurricane Mills, Tenn., where ghosts from the Civil
War are said to roam.

THE A-TEAM:
"The Out Of Towners". The Team takes up the cause of New York shopkeepers
against protection racketeers.

THE WILD WILD WEST:
"The Night of the Sabatini Death". Jim has a secret meeting with dying
crime boss Sabatini who wants him to travel to Calliope, Missouri to
find a lady friend of his and see that she gets a gift he has
bequeathed her. In exchange, Jim will have the chance to catch a crook
named Borman, an army officer who stole $ 500,000 in army payroll a
decade prior. Sabatini gives Jim a key and tells him to look for a
Swanson (Hey, it's Thurstan Howel 3rd!) in Calliope. Jim and Ned
(Hey, it's the Skipper!) split up. Jim heads to Calliope, while Ned
travels to St. Louis to find Sabatini�s lady friend. Calliope turns out
to be a near-deserted town. Generally, the only folks who visit are
looking for the missing payroll. Only Swanson appears to be on the up
and up, so he naturally winds up killed. Ned discovers Sabatini�s girl
is a young blind woman named Sylvia Brown, who is neither psychic, nor
has ever been on The Montell Williams Show . Too bad. She could have
saved Jim and Ned a lot of grief if she were. It turns out Sabatini and
Borman stole the payroll. Sylvia is Borman�s daughter, but Sabatini had
been looking out for her since she was blinded in a church fire Borman
started which also killed her mother. The key Sabatini gave Jim opened
the family crypt where a deed has been hidden. The deed grants Sylvia
the family fortune. Jim and Ned have to fight off the town poobahs and
Borman in order for her to have it. Got all that? I almost have to draw
a diagram while watching in order to keep it all straight. �The Night
of the Sabatini Death� is fairly run of the mill. Nothing special, but
not bad, either. At least Ned is written as his own character rather
than Artie by a different name like the other times Jim has had a
temporary partner. Perhaps if one were more attached to Gilligan�s
Island, the homage at the end would be cuter. For what it is worth, I
thought Backus looked unwell. I am curious if his role was cut short
due to ill health. He was a depressing sight.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Franklin Castle". Didldo Baggins travel to Cleveland, Ohio to investigate
Franklin Castle, the most-haunted residence in Ohio. Built by Hannes
Tiedemann, a German banker in the early 1880s, it is believed that he and his
family were cursed after they all died. Whispers of murder, suicide, and
arson have led many to believe the majestic mansion carries a deadly curse.

FAMILY GUY:
"Jerome Is the New Black". Peter and his pals miss Cleveland so much
that they decide to replace him with a guy named Jerome. Meanwhile,
Brian tries to find out why Quagmire hates him.

FAMILY GUY:
"Dog Gone". Brian is dismayed that a dog's accidental death stirs little
empathy in his human companions; Lois' new maid pays Peter no heed.

BOB'S BURGERS:
"Synchronized Swimming".Bob gets a soft-serve ice cream machine.
Meanwhile, the kids get out of P.E. class by tricking the guidance
councilor into thinking they're doing synchronized swimming.

Burger of the day:
* Use it or Bleus It Burger
* One Yam Bad Burger
* On Bread Burger(?)

Neighbors:
* Pooka Pagoda (?)

"What�s better at math than a robot? They�re made of math!"

Bob's ice cream montage was a hoot!

Linda making, then wearing, the Navajo mask for gene.

I laughed when Louise had no idea what the "Caddyshack Maneuver" was!

The ice cream "Ghost" montage with Tom Sellek butting in cracked me up.
Oh yeah! "Get out of my cawfee, Tom Selleck!"

BOB'S BURGERS:
"Burgerboss". Bob gets a video game to make extra money in his shop,
only to have Jimmy Pesto put "BOB SUX" in the leaderboard.

GHOST ADVENTURES:
"Acadia Ranch Sanitorium". Zak and the crew go far off the beaten path in
Arizona to investigate an abandoned sanatorium. Dozens of deaths have left a
heavy residue of pain and suffering on the building, making it a hotbed for
aggressive poltergeist activity. Show less

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-06 (Thursday)

<thpfbu$3oa63$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159838&group=rec.arts.tv#159838

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-06 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:07:42 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:07 UTC

On 2022-10-07 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

The Imperfects (Netflix) - "The Devil You Know" (ep. #8). Can't say I
care for the turn the show takes in this episode. Though I was kind of
amused that they had Kandyse McClure for what basically amounted to a
one-scene "cameo" role!!
In other news, Dr. Burke manages to "escape" from the Flux facility,
with Isabel Finch's help, but not before Evol(?) Dr. Crane (Rekha
Sharma) injects her with Sarkov's "cure" (or a knock-off?) that impacts
Burke's "power".
Just 2 more episodes to go - I hope they can turn it around from the
developments in this episode...

soaps: DOOL - Allie proves that she's probably an even big headcase
than her mommy, Sami! when she spontaneously suggests a "threesome"
with Alex Kirakis to Chanel in a fit of jealousy over Chanel just
talking to Johnny. Meanwhile, Gabi urges Ava Vitali to move back into
the DiMera mansion, and Ava and Johnny do exactly that. Ava may be
lusting after EJ now! The other stuff this epie wasn't important...

Recorded for later: GH, and you can't spell "Walker"!1! without
"Walker: Independence"!! (the "wokest" western on the block!!1! (man, I
won't miss the later days of The C-Wub!... ;> )).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-06 (Thursday)

<2025914316.686849135.144447.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159843&group=rec.arts.tv#159843

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:39:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:39 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-07 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> The Imperfects (Netflix) - "The Devil You Know" (ep. #8). Can't say I
> care for the turn the show takes in this episode. Though I was kind of
> amused that they had Kandyse McClure for what basically amounted to a
> one-scene "cameo" role!!

That happens to her almost every time. I don’t know if she quits or they
can her or what but you would think word would’ve gotten around by now.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-06 (Thursday)

<thphed$3ogtg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159849&group=rec.arts.tv#159849

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:43:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:43 UTC

On 10/7/2022 8:07 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-10-07 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> The Imperfects (Netflix) - "The Devil You Know" (ep. #8). Can't say I
> care for the turn the show takes in this episode. Though I was kind of
> amused that they had Kandyse McClure for what basically amounted to a
> one-scene "cameo" role!!
>   In other news, Dr. Burke manages to "escape" from the Flux facility,
> with Isabel Finch's help, but not before Evol(?) Dr. Crane (Rekha
> Sharma) injects her with Sarkov's "cure" (or a knock-off?) that impacts
> Burke's "power".
>   Just 2 more episodes to go - I hope they can turn it around from the
> developments in this episode...
>
> soaps: DOOL - Allie proves that she's probably an even big headcase than
> her mommy, Sami! when she spontaneously suggests a "threesome" with Alex
> Kirakis to Chanel in a fit of jealousy over Chanel just talking to
> Johnny. Meanwhile, Gabi urges Ava Vitali to move back into the DiMera
> mansion, and Ava and Johnny do exactly that. Ava may be lusting after EJ
> now! The other stuff this epie wasn't important...
>

> Recorded for later: GH, and you can't spell "Walker"!1! without "Walker:
> Independence"!! (the "wokest" western on the block!!1! (man, I won't
> miss the later days of The C-Wub!...  ;>  )).

I watched 'Hit & Run'. This was a Dax Beast/Kristen Bell vanity project
about a getaway driver in witness protection trying to get his
girlfriend to a job interview in LA on time. With complications, of
course. Unless you are a complete KBell fanatic, don't bother. The PR
tries to make out to be a comedy caper flick. The dialog made me think
the movie was made as part of a couples counseling exercise with
everyone self-analyzing their real feelings and apologizing for having
emotions and being insensitive. Personally I don't think it even did
that well enough to rise to "wokeness", plus is was made before "woke"
became such a thing.

What did you watch?

dirty old man.