From: Bil...@XchelSys.co.uk (Bill Davy)
Newsgroups: alt.music.lyrics
Subject: "The_path_to_my_mother’s_has_become_overgrown_w
ith_clover"_Janacek
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:24:09 +0100
 by: Bill Davy - Thu, 27 May 2021 07:24 UTC

I cannot find the rest of these lyrics, which Janácek used as a title to
a suite.

Can anyone help, please?

TIA,
Bill

Re: "The path to my mother?s has become overgrown with clover" Janacek

<i4fvaghq6hmvhifrhqs4fb0ti18gabu1kd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=17&group=alt.music.lyrics#17

From: drsteerf...@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.music.lyrics
Subject: Re: "The path to my mother???s has become overgrown with clover" Janacek
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 08:51:38 -0700
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 27 May 2021 15:51 UTC

On Thu, 27 May 2021 08:24:09 +0100, Bill Davy <Bill@XchelSys.co.uk>
wrote:

>I cannot find the rest of these lyrics, which Janácek used as a title to
>a suite.
>
>Can anyone help, please?

Apparently, it is a Moravian wedding song.

https://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/tw.asp?w=W15247&t=GBAJY1589511&al=CDA67895

I don't think there are lyrics. That is only a title.

“On an Overgrown Path” is based on Moravian folk-songs and the title
comes from one song with the opening line, “The path to my mother’s
house is grown over with weedy clover.” It’s a bride’s song, a young
woman remembering her life before marriage."

https://theresakishkan.com/2019/02/21/the-path-to-my-mothers-house/

"The first series of Janácek’s On an Overgrown Path consists of ten
intimate, miniature piano works given programmatic titles that express
a striking range of emotion. The title is a reference from Moravian
folk poetry, suggesting a time gone by, which is reflected in the
nostalgic quality of each piece."

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/213402677.pdf