If you learn one useless thing every day, in a single year you'll learn 365 useless things.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. Whites need not apply?" '

SubjectAuthor
* Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play policemoviePig
`* Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. WhitYour Name
 `- Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. WhitAdam H. Kerman

1
Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. Whites need not apply?" '

<ZOf0L.275765$PRW4.18782@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159960&group=rec.arts.tv#159960

Subject: Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police
captain. Whites need not apply?" '
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:29:10 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 14:29 UTC

On 10/7/2022 7:02 PM, RichA wrote:
> I mean, it would seem like a bad idea to simply invite everyone then outright reject people based on skin color, especially since they had a specific type in mind. Or, do they do it like this: "Wanted, person to play police captain. Must be black."

And, lord only knows how many white kids/adults will thus labor under
the mistaken belief that a police captain could actually *be* black...

Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. Whites need not apply?" '

<thsmtn$rd4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159996&group=rec.arts.tv#159996

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. Whites need not apply?" '
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 09:35:03 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:35 UTC

On 2022-10-08 14:29:10 +0000, moviePig said:
> On 10/7/2022 7:02 PM, RichA wrote:
>> I mean, it would seem like a bad idea to simply invite everyone then
>> outright reject people based on skin color, especially since they had a
>> specific type in mind. Or, do they do it like this: "Wanted, person
>> to play police captain. Must be black."
>
> And, lord only knows how many white kids/adults will thus labor under
> the mistaken belief that a police captain could actually *be* black...

"Barney Miller" had a black and an asian detective decades ago. This
idiocy of how there has never been any "ethnic" or women in TV shows
before is complete and utter crap made up by the brainless "Politically
Correct" morons who can't see past the ends of their own noses and
their own selfish greed. :-\

Re: How do producers cast TV shows? "Wanted, person to play police captain. Whites need not apply?" '

<thtj87$drm0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160035&group=rec.arts.tv#160035

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 04:38:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 04:38 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>"Barney Miller" had a black and an asian detective decades ago. This
>idiocy of how there has never been any "ethnic" or women in TV shows
>before is complete and utter crap made up by the brainless "Politically
>Correct" morons who can't see past the ends of their own noses and
>their own selfish greed. :-\

Also a Puerto Rican detective, several female detectives as recurring
characters.

It occurs to me: There was no guy from Brooklyn!