From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Nancy Drew end of Season 2
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 09:40:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 09:40 UTC

Well, parts of season 2 weren't too bad, but then it got a whole lot dumber
as it went along. Nancy uncovers a massive world-wide conspiracy called
The Road Back. How is that a scary name? It grew out of a conspiracy in
Horshoe Bay decades back. They kill Celia (Teryl Rothery), Ryan's mother
and Nancy's blood grandmother, in that she helped Nancy get the names of
witnesses from the Hudson family archives which we've never seen.

There's the Women in White who pretended to be witches or fighting the
supernatural; I'm not sure.

Then it turns out Horshoe Bay sits upon a Hellmouth, or there's some
long-buried malevolent entity. They don't anything with that but I guess
it sets up the season 3 story arc.

The Everett Hudson stuff turns really stupid. I thought Everett built a
big business but then it's revealed that Celia's family had massive
amounts of money that Everett could not inherit if Celia were murdered.

The Bobbsey twins are introduced for no particular reason and in no way
resemble their namesake characters and have different names. They aren't
well off but short con artists. Their father is in prison for reasons
I've forgotten. He used to be a truly awful groundskeeper for the Hudson
family and learned suggestions of criminality, not to mention a
supernatural force keeping a VHS tape from disintegrating.

I suppose they had crossover adventures in Nancy Drew novels but they
were of course introduced decades before The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

The two actors as Amanda and Gil in no way resemble each other.

Because Nancy completely lost her mind and her ability to investigate,
she and Gil kidnap Everett to force a confession for Celia's murder. As
Nancy and Gil and even Ryan become convinced he didn't murder Celia,
Ryan tells her about the other murder OF WHICH RYAN KNOWS NOTHING and
Nancy figures out a way to trick Everett into revealing the location of
The Tape That Cannot Be Destroyed, which makes no sense at all. But Det.
Tamura is there to witness the revelation of the tape. He's trespassing
so civil rights violation. I don't think Ryan lives there so he can't
let him in.

Everett murdered his brother. It got caught on a bird-activated wildlife
camera, stealing the plot setup from Enemy of the State. The motive was
not revealed.

Ryan ends up completely penniless. Nancy claims she's going to inherit
the company then break it up to compensate Everett's victims, and we
don't even know whom else he had killed.

Nick, being all tv black, decides to open a youth center. This tv series
is strangely devoid of extras and we've never seen these street urchins
Nick believes are suffering and need his help. They create a restaurant
tenant of Nick's (who magically became very rich at some point, the
explanation for which I've forgotten) and he claims that street urchins
will ruin his business. Well, Nick decides to relocate the youth center
away from his restaurant but into a building across the street. I'm not
sure if this is downtown or an outlying area.

Both Ace and Bess get to channel ghosts. Ace channels an aunt of
George's who tells her that having her spirit entwined with Odette will
greatly shorten her life. Odette decides to stop taking over George's
body. It's too bad because George-as-Odette was entertaining.

Meanwhile, Carson signs fully on to the supernatural bullshit once he
discovers photographic evidence that Nancy is possessed by something.

Hannah Gruen, the supernatural expert, was largely absent but shows up
briefly at the end to help. They rig up special cameras to identify the
entity. Turns out it's a wraith. The wraith was conjured up by
Temperence Hudson whom the Women in White kept out of town because she
was trying to make a pact with the evil entity. She can return to town
with the 7th generation, which is Nancy. She escaped her coffin from the
Hudson family crypt.

In a spiritual hallucination, Nancy is forced to confront other versions
of herself and her friends to get rid of the wraith.

They didn't do anything with the Marvin family which Bess was so
desperate to join in season 1.

Re: Nancy Drew end of Season 2

<83337153.687005125.166285.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160074&group=rec.arts.tv#160074

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nancy Drew end of Season 2
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 03:54:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:54 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Well, parts of season 2 weren't too bad, but then it got a whole lot dumber
> as it went along. Nancy uncovers a massive world-wide conspiracy called
> The Road Back. How is that a scary name?

That’s the bad guys in TOM SWIFT CW. They are a Luddite organization on an
illuminati scale (which I guess is supposed to be scary except who the hell
knows what scale the illuminati is?) Who are using super technology to
bring an end to… Technology.

It grew out of a conspiracy in
> Horshoe Bay decades back. They kill Celia (Teryl Rothery),

I hope they don’t replace her with Alexa Doig, but Alexa is out of work now
thanks to Aurora Teagarden.

<thuup1$hlmb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160104&group=rec.arts.tv#160104

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 17:01:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 17:01 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Well, parts of season 2 weren't too bad, but then it got a whole lot dumber
>>as it went along. Nancy uncovers a massive world-wide conspiracy called
>>The Road Back. How is that a scary name?

>That's the bad guys in TOM SWIFT CW. They are a Luddite organization on
>an illuminati scale (which I guess is supposed to be scary except who
>the hell knows what scale the illuminati is?) Who are using super
>technology to bring an end to... Technology.

I should have quadruple W/Qed that show.

>>. . .

Re: Nancy Drew end of Season 2

<454793171.687031062.285449.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160118&group=rec.arts.tv#160118

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:58:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 17:58 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Well, parts of season 2 weren't too bad, but then it got a whole lot dumber
>>> as it went along. Nancy uncovers a massive world-wide conspiracy called
>>> The Road Back. How is that a scary name?
>
>> That's the bad guys in TOM SWIFT CW. They are a Luddite organization on
>> an illuminati scale (which I guess is supposed to be scary except who
>> the hell knows what scale the illuminati is?) Who are using super
>> technology to bring an end to... Technology.
>
> I should have quadruple W/Qed that show.

So say we all.