The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers. -- Wm. Shakespeare, "Henry VI", Part IV

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
||`- Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
||`- Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingRhino
| `- Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|`* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
| `* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
|  `* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|   `- Re: Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
`* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
 `* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
  `* Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
   `- Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk

1
Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1809894455.686911876.100138.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159933&group=rec.arts.tv#159933

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 01:55:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 08:55 UTC

Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, Oct. 8

Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)

iHeartRadio Music Festival (Part 2) (special) (8-10 pm, CW)

The Disappearance of Cari Farver (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

The Disappearance of Cari Farver is based on a true story and the subject
of Leslie Rule’s bestselling true-crime book A Tangled Web. Dave Kroupa
(Zach Gilford, Good Girls, Friday Night Lights) is shocked when his new
girlfriend, Cari Farver (Rebecca Amzallag), starts sending him demanding
texts. When Dave ends the relationship, he finds himself on the receiving
end of an onslaught of twisted messages from Cari, who has abruptly
disappeared. Dave’s ex-girlfriend, Liz (Alicia Witt, Friday Night Lights,
The Walking Dead), also begins receiving harassing texts from Cari,
resulting in a dangerous situation for them both. Meanwhile, Cari’s mother
Nancy (Lea Thompson, Back to the Future, Switched at Birth) continually
searches for her, keeping the pressure on the police who eventually uncover
a shocking discovery.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-disappearance-of-cari-farver

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21650364/

Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)

After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
-- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin, Ken Marino,
Nicole Byer, Nicole Richie, Nikki Glaser and Rob Riggle.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22179486/

https://www.cc.com/topic/cursed-friends

How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)

Marley's brilliant at organizing other people's engagements, but unlucky in
finding romance herself. When designing her most important proposal yet,
the man who could jeopardize it all may be the one who helps find her own
love story. Stars Erin Agostino and Aaron Ashmore.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16357768/

Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
Sevier.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/pumpkin-everything

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21413684/

Bring It On: Cheer or Die (movie) (9 pm, Syfy)

The straight-to-cable seventh film in the Bring It On series is a slasher
film—a first for the franchise. "Bring It On: Cheer or Die" follows team
co-captains Abby (Kerri Medders) and McKayla (Tiera Skovbye) and their
Diablos teammates who are forbidden from doing any risky cheer stunts by
their overly cautious school principal (Missi Pyle) and fear that they will
be laughed out of the upcoming regional cheer competition. The squad comes
up with a plan to choreograph a winning routine in secret, at a nearby
abandoned school. Once at the school to rehearse, the cheerleaders begin to
disappear one by one. By the time they realize they're locked inside with a
killer, it may be too late for any of them to survive. They must use their
skills to fight off a killer who gives them only one choice: Cheer or die!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20101986/

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/bring-it-on-cheer-or-die-syfy-teaser-trailer

Sunday, Oct. 9

Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

A frustratingly micromanaged pop star who dreams of an ordinary life finds
herself torn between her celebrity ex, the machinations of her controlling
manager, and a developing romance with a down-to-earth record store owner.
Stars Jennifer Freeman and Adam Huss

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20899952/

https://uptv.com/movies/infamously-in-love/

The Real Housewives of Potomac (season 7 premiere) (8 pm,
Bravo)

Secrets of the Dead (season 20 premiere) (8 pm, PBS)

Secrets of the Dead is part detective story, part true-life drama that
unearths evidence from around the world, challenging prevailing ideas and
throwing fresh light on unexplained events.

https://www.pbs.org/show/secrets-of-the-dead/

Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy (season 2 fall premiere)
(9 pm, CNN)

Follow along as Tucci travels across Italy to discover the secrets and
delights of the country's regional cuisines.

Mid-Love Crisis (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

The week of her 50th birthday, Mindy, a divorced teacher, is going through
a bonafide mid-life crisis as she prepares to host a long weekend at the
lake with former boyfriend Sam, ex-husband Marc, and daughter Rita and her
girlfriend Emily. In the process, Mindy begins to discover what it is she
truly wants as she gets ready to start the next chapter. Stars Teri Hatcher
and James Tupper.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/mid-love-crisis

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21932636/ [stub only]

Van der Valk (season 2 finale) (9-11 pm, PBS)

NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)

Let the Right One In [new] (10 pm, Showtime)

An adaptation of the acclaimed 2008 Swedish horror film (which itself was
adapted from a novel and was also previously remade for American audiences
as a 2010 Matt Reeves film), this Showtime series stars Demián Bichir as
the father of a 12-year-old girl (Madison Taylor Baez). In fact, he's been
the father of a 12-year-old girl for roughly a decade: She's an unaging
vampire, and he has assigned himself the task of keeping her well-supplied
with human blood. Grace Gummer, Anika Noni Rose, Nick Stahl, and Kevin
Carroll also star. The series adaptation comes from Andrew Hinderaker, a
playwright and writer on another Showtime horror series, Penny Dreadful. 10
episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBVE08gb1g

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/let-the-right-one-in/season-1 [score 63]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14367168/

https://www.sho.com/let-the-right-one-in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_Right_One_In_(TV_series)

Monday, Oct. 10

Streaming:

Grimcutty (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)

A suburban teen girl and her little brother must stop a terrifying Internet
meme brought to life by the hysteria of their parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb3FCMpMN4s

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17196124/

My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)

Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjpq-Y8hYcE

Oh Hell [new to US] (3:01 am, HBO Max)

The life of 24 year old Helene is the complete opposite of a perfect
Instagram world. When she meets cello teacher Oskar, Hell finally has a
chance to live the life she imagines. German series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17593100/

Broadcast and cable:

All American (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

All American: Homecoming (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOBt6flXKg

Kevin Can F**k Himself (season 2 and series finale) (9 pm,
AMC)

Avenue 5 (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, HBO)

Captain Ryan Clark and his crew struggle to deal with their angry
passengers as their eight-week space ship cruise becomes an eight-year
odyssey in the second season of Armando Iannucci's comedy season. Eight
episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re7vMjHDang

Tuesday, Oct. 11

Streaming:

The Cage [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

A marriage counselor tries to dissuade his warring clients from getting a
divorce while juggling his own romantic dilemmas. Kuwaiti series; 8
episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81616003

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22055232/

DEAW#13 Udom Taephanich (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Thai comic Udom Taephanich.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81343825

Iliza Shlesinger: Hot Forever (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVYImnaQF-Y

https://www.netflix.com/title/81485998

Someone Borrowed (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

To fulfill his mother's dying wish and avoid being removed from her will,
an inflexible bachelor hires an actress to play his fiancée. Brazilian
film.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81175173

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22091698/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<823090384.686913972.627692.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159939&group=rec.arts.tv#159939

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 02:58:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:58 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Oct. 8
>

> Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)

Nobody gets ovation! (Seriously, does anybody get ovation?)

> Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)
>
> After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
> Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
> Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
> for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
> each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
> -- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
> marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
> James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin,

NO!!!

> How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)

GAC!

> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
> Sevier.

A friend that I saw the trailer for this. Michael Ironside is completely
unrecognizable. He’s almost egg shaped and covered with snow white hair and
beard.

> Sunday, Oct. 9
>

> Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets UP!

> NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)

I stopped watching this sometime ago when the team became majority Muslim
but I’ll take a look at the Premier just to see how much of a mess it is.

> Monday, Oct. 10
>

> Streaming:
>

> My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>
> Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
> retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.

Nobody gets acorn!

Is this always what the show was called?

> Broadcast and cable:

> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Cage [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A marriage counselor tries to dissuade his warring clients from getting a
> divorce while juggling his own romantic dilemmas. Kuwaiti series; 8
> episodes.

What the hell is Kuwaiti?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>
> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.

You know, I might sample this if it were anywhere else but the CW.

> Wednesday, Oct. 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Easy-Bake Battle: The Home Cooking Competition [new; complete
> season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Talented home cooks put their skills and creativity to the test making fast
> and easy dishes that are wildly delicious ­ and worthy of a big cash prize.
> 8 episodes.

LOL I have to tell a friend about this

> I Love You, You Hate Me [new; documentary miniseries]
> (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> The two-part documentary series explores how the purple singing dinosaur
> became a target of hate.

Stealing the songs certainly didn’t help any.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Tut's Toxic Tomb (documentary) (8-10 pm, Discovery Channel)
>
> Paleoanthropologist Ella Al-Shamahi explores the gripping science behind an
> astonishing Egyptian legend as she investigates if toxins inside
> Tutankhamun's tomb and among the pharaoh's treasures could explain a number
> of mysterious, cursed deaths.

Well since the whole thing is a fable and never happened how can there be
science behind it?

> Thursday, Oct. 13
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Watcher [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)

Uatu!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> None.
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Friday, Oct. 14
>

> Streaming:
>

> Black Butterflies [Les papillons noirs] [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

Black butterflies matter!

> The Curse of Bridge Hollow (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A father (Marlon Wayans) and his teenage daughter (Priah Ferguson) are
> forced to team up and save their town after an ancient and mischievous
> spirit causes Halloween decorations to come to life and wreak havoc.

Oh boy am I in trouble

> Halloween Ends (movie) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> The conclusion to the recent horror reboot film trilogy (which takes place
> four years after the events of Halloween Kills) appears on Peacock the same
> day it opens in theaters.

The first movie sucked, the second was OK. We’ll see.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Penn & Teller: Fool Us (season 9 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

Biden lovers. Phooey.

> (end)

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<ths777$7djn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159973&group=rec.arts.tv#159973

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Oct._8-14:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:07:03 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:07 UTC

On 2022-10-08 09:58:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>

>> Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)
>
> Nobody gets ovation! (Seriously, does anybody get ovation?)

I believe I actually do get Ovation, yeah.

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<ths7h0$7efb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159974&group=rec.arts.tv#159974

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:12:16 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:12 UTC

On 2022-10-08 09:58:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>

>> Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)
>>
>> After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
>> Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
>> Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
>> for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
>> each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
>> -- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
>> marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
>> James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin,
>
> NO!!!

Yeah, that really ruins it - I was liking the cast up until that point... :(

>> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
>> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
>> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
>> Sevier.
>
> A friend that I saw the trailer for this. Michael Ironside is completely
> unrecognizable. He’s almost egg shaped and covered with snow white hair and
> beard.

Yep - the years have not be kind to him.

>> Monday, Oct. 10
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>>
>> Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
>> retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.
>
> Nobody gets acorn!

Doesn't Robin claim to get it?!

> Is this always what the show was called?
>

>> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.
>>

> You know, I might sample this if it were anywhere else but the CW.

Somebody around here has warned us off this, but I may also sample it...

>> Friday, Oct. 14
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Curse of Bridge Hollow (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> A father (Marlon Wayans) and his teenage daughter (Priah Ferguson) are
>> forced to team up and save their town after an ancient and mischievous
>> spirit causes Halloween decorations to come to life and wreak havoc.
>
> Oh boy am I in trouble

This doesn't sound awful, but I wait for others' reviews of it first.

>> Halloween Ends (movie) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>>
>> The conclusion to the recent horror reboot film trilogy (which takes place
>> four years after the events of Halloween Kills) appears on Peacock the same
>> day it opens in theaters.
>
> The first movie sucked, the second was OK. We’ll see.

I thought the second one was awful, and the first one was... OK. I will
watch this one, but after the second one, I don't expect them to be
able to salvage this... :/

>> (end)

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<thsaa6$7m6o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159978&group=rec.arts.tv#159978

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:59:50 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:59 UTC

On 2022-10-08 08:55:42 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, Oct. 8
>

> The Disappearance of Cari Farver (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The Disappearance of Cari Farver is based on a true story and the subject
> of Leslie Rule’s bestselling true-crime book A Tangled Web. Dave Kroupa
> (Zach Gilford, Good Girls, Friday Night Lights) is shocked when his new
> girlfriend, Cari Farver (Rebecca Amzallag), starts sending him demanding
> texts. When Dave ends the relationship, he finds himself on the receiving
> end of an onslaught of twisted messages from Cari, who has abruptly
> disappeared. Dave’s ex-girlfriend, Liz (Alicia Witt, Friday Night Lights,
> The Walking Dead), also begins receiving harassing texts from Cari,
> resulting in a dangerous situation for them both. Meanwhile, Cari’s mother
> Nancy (Lea Thompson, Back to the Future, Switched at Birth) continually
> searches for her, keeping the pressure on the police who eventually uncover
> a shocking discovery.

Yep, will watch. It's got to be better/more enlightening than last
Saturday's "The Gabby Petito Story". :|

> How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)
>
> Marley's brilliant at organizing other people's engagements, but unlucky in
> finding romance herself. When designing her most important proposal yet,
> the man who could jeopardize it all may be the one who helps find her own
> love story. Stars Erin Agostino and Aaron Ashmore.

GAC continues to manage decent casting, but I just feel like there's
not enough "room" for two "Hallmark Channels", let alone 3 or 4!!

> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
> Sevier.

It's funny, but I'm kind of burned out on Taylor Cole now. I think she
made a mistake being one of Hallmark's "lead actresses"...

> Bring It On: Cheer or Die (movie) (9 pm, Syfy)
>
> The straight-to-cable seventh film in the Bring It On series is a slasher
> film—a first for the franchise. "Bring It On: Cheer or Die" follows team
> co-captains Abby (Kerri Medders) and McKayla (Tiera Skovbye) and their
> Diablos teammates who are forbidden from doing any risky cheer stunts by
> their overly cautious school principal (Missi Pyle) and fear that they will
> be laughed out of the upcoming regional cheer competition. The squad comes
> up with a plan to choreograph a winning routine in secret, at a nearby
> abandoned school. Once at the school to rehearse, the cheerleaders begin to
> disappear one by one. By the time they realize they're locked inside with a
> killer, it may be too late for any of them to survive. They must use their
> skills to fight off a killer who gives them only one choice: Cheer or die!

Oh, yeah! I'll at least record this for later!!

> Sunday, Oct. 9
>

> Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> A frustratingly micromanaged pop star who dreams of an ordinary life finds
> herself torn between her celebrity ex, the machinations of her controlling
> manager, and a developing romance with a down-to-earth record store owner.
> Stars Jennifer Freeman and Adam Huss

Pass.

> Mid-Love Crisis (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> The week of her 50th birthday, Mindy, a divorced teacher, is going through
> a bonafide mid-life crisis as she prepares to host a long weekend at the
> lake with former boyfriend Sam, ex-husband Marc, and daughter Rita and her
> girlfriend Emily. In the process, Mindy begins to discover what it is she
> truly wants as she gets ready to start the next chapter. Stars Teri Hatcher
> and James Tupper.

This is Hatcher's second movie with Hallmark, I think.

> NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)

No!!

> Let the Right One In [new] (10 pm, Showtime)
>
> An adaptation of the acclaimed 2008 Swedish horror film (which itself was
> adapted from a novel and was also previously remade for American audiences
> as a 2010 Matt Reeves film), this Showtime series stars Demián Bichir as
> the father of a 12-year-old girl (Madison Taylor Baez). In fact, he's been
> the father of a 12-year-old girl for roughly a decade: She's an unaging
> vampire, and he has assigned himself the task of keeping her well-supplied
> with human blood. Grace Gummer, Anika Noni Rose, Nick Stahl, and Kevin
> Carroll also star. The series adaptation comes from Andrew Hinderaker, a
> playwright and writer on another Showtime horror series, Penny Dreadful. 10
> episodes.

I may sample at some point...

> Monday, Oct. 10
>

> Streaming:
>

> Grimcutty (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A suburban teen girl and her little brother must stop a terrifying Internet
> meme brought to life by the hysteria of their parents.

Ack! It's Shannyn Sossamon! Probably makes this a "pass"...

P.S. It's too bad Hulu ended their "Into the Dark" film series - this
sounds perfect for that.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> All American (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>

> All American: Homecoming (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

SAY IT!!

> Kevin Can F**k Himself (season 2 and series finale) (9 pm,
> AMC)

Could somebody please let us know how this ended?!...

> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Winchesters [new] (8 pm, CW)
>
> This spinoff from The CW's longest-running hit, Supernatural, is a prequel
> centering on John (Drake Rodger) and Mary (Meg Donnelly), the parents of
> the characters played in the prior series by Jensen Ackles and Jared
> Padalecki. Ackles will narrate The Winchesters (and serve as a producer
> alongside wife Daneel Ackles), while the new series comes from Robbie
> Thompson, a longtime writer on Supernatural.

I'm giving this a pass.

But if somebody else watches this, please give us a review.

> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>
> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.

As I said, I *may* sample this...

> Wednesday, Oct. 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Big Shot (complete? season 2) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> After getting ousted from the NCAA, a men’s basketball coach is given a
> chance for redemption with a coaching position at an elite private high
> school.

Wait - you mean Disney+ still has non-Marvel, non-Star Wars TV series!?!?!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> House of Payne (season 9 fall premiere) (8 pm, BET)

Oh, HELL, no!!

> Archer (season 13 finale) (10 pm, FXX)

This is another show that likely should already have been retired.

> Thursday, Oct. 13
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Watcher [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Ryan Murphy's second Netflix limited series in a month (following Dahmer -
> Monster) is based on a bizarre true story (first reported in New York
> Magazine) that finds a married couple buying their dream home in suburban
> New Jersey, only to be terrorized by an anonymous letter-writer/stalker
> from their not-so-welcoming neighborhood. The strong cast is led by Naomi
> Watts, Bobby Cannavale, Jennifer Coolidge, Mia Farrow, and Margo
> Martindale.

Wow - I couldn't be less interested in this!

> Friday, Oct. 14
>

> Streaming:
>

> Rosaline (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Kaitlyn Dever stars as Romeo's jilted girlfriend (and cousin of Juliet) in
> this comedic retelling of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet from director Karen
> Maine (Yes, God, Yes). Kyle Allen, Isabela Merced, Minnie Driver, Bradley
> Whitford, and Sean Teale also star in the film, which is adapted from
> Rebecca Serle's novel When You Were Mine.

Maybe?... Though I'm skeptical.

> High School [new] (12:01 am, Freevee)
>
> Set in 1990s Calgary, this high school drama is based on the best-selling
> memoir of the same name by Tegan and Sara Quin (who are played in the show
> by TikTok stars Railey and Seazynn Gilliland). Guest stars include Cobie
> Smulders, Kyle Bornheimer, and Nate Corddry, while Clea DuVall and Laura
> Kittrell (Insecure) serve as showrunners. It'll stream weekly on Amazon's
> free streaming service, but the first four episodes are available today.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programming

<thsgts$88bs$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159988&group=rec.arts.tv#159988

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:52:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:52 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

> Broadcast and cable:

>Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)

>Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.

>https://www.metacritic.com/tv/professionals/season-1

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8769360/

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbfQSqLQKQ

The C-Wub must die.

Wow. They ran out of programming for fall quarter! That's amazing. This
sure seems like fluffy summer filler.

I didn't recognize Tom Welling, and Brendan Fraser has regained all the
weight the personal trainer he pissed off kept off his body, and then
some.

>The Oval (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, BET)

>https://www.bet.com/shows/tyler-perrys-the-oval

Will this be a melodramatic exploration of cliched romantic interactions
among black people with well-paying and important jobs, using scripted
dialogue that Tyler Perry had already used in movies?

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<thsmce$8ujn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=159995&group=rec.arts.tv#159995

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 16:25:42 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:25 UTC

On 2022-10-08 5:58 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>

>> Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)
>
> Nobody gets ovation! (Seriously, does anybody get ovation?)
>

>> Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)
>>
>> After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
>> Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
>> Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
>> for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
>> each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
>> -- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
>> marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
>> James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin,
>
> NO!!!
>

>> How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)
>
> GAC!
>

>> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
>> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
>> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
>> Sevier.
>
> A friend that I saw the trailer for this. Michael Ironside is completely
> unrecognizable. He’s almost egg shaped and covered with snow white hair and
> beard.
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Sunday, Oct. 9
>>

>> Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Nobody gets UP!
>

>> NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)
>>

> I stopped watching this sometime ago when the team became majority Muslim
> but I’ll take a look at the Premier just to see how much of a mess it is.
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Monday, Oct. 10
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>>
>> Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
>> retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.
>
> Nobody gets acorn!
>
> Is this always what the show was called?

I believe that's the name it had when I watched Season 1 a few years
back. Don't worry, you're not missing much, at least in my humble opinion.

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

> *****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Cage [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> A marriage counselor tries to dissuade his warring clients from getting a
>> divorce while juggling his own romantic dilemmas. Kuwaiti series; 8
>> episodes.
>
> What the hell is Kuwaiti?

The adjective describing the people and culture of the nation of Kuwait,
the country that was saved from Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War.

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.
>>

> You know, I might sample this if it were anywhere else but the CW.
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Wednesday, Oct. 12
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Easy-Bake Battle: The Home Cooking Competition [new; complete
>> season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Talented home cooks put their skills and creativity to the test making fast
>> and easy dishes that are wildly delicious ­ and worthy of a big cash prize.
>> 8 episodes.
>
> LOL I have to tell a friend about this
>

>> I Love You, You Hate Me [new; documentary miniseries]
>> (3:01 am, Peacock)
>>
>> The two-part documentary series explores how the purple singing dinosaur
>> became a target of hate.
>
> Stealing the songs certainly didn’t help any.
>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Tut's Toxic Tomb (documentary) (8-10 pm, Discovery Channel)
>>
>> Paleoanthropologist Ella Al-Shamahi explores the gripping science behind an
>> astonishing Egyptian legend as she investigates if toxins inside
>> Tutankhamun's tomb and among the pharaoh's treasures could explain a number
>> of mysterious, cursed deaths.
>
> Well since the whole thing is a fable and never happened how can there be
> science behind it?
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Thursday, Oct. 13
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Watcher [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
>> Netflix)
>
> Uatu!

Gesundheit!

--
Rhino

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1378701358.686969573.986234.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160014&group=rec.arts.tv#160014

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:41:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:41 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-08 09:58:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>>

>>> Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)
>>
>> Nobody gets ovation! (Seriously, does anybody get ovation?)
>
> I believe I actually do get Ovation, yeah.

Ewww

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<485172776.686969715.308751.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160015&group=rec.arts.tv#160015

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:41:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:41 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-08 09:58:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>>

>>> Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)
>>>
>>> After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
>>> Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
>>> Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
>>> for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
>>> each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
>>> -- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
>>> marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
>>> James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin,
>>
>> NO!!!
>
> Yeah, that really ruins it - I was liking the cast up until that point... :(
>
>>> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>>
>>> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
>>> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
>>> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
>>> Sevier.
>>
>> A friend that I saw the trailer for this. Michael Ironside is completely
>> unrecognizable. He’s almost egg shaped and covered with snow white hair and
>> beard.
>
> Yep - the years have not be kind to him.

You have to wonder what John Saxon would look like had he lived. :-(

>>> Monday, Oct. 10
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>>>
>>> Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
>>> retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.
>>
>> Nobody gets acorn!
>
> Doesn't Robin claim to get it?!
>
>> Is this always what the show was called?
>>

>>> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>>>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>>> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>>>
>>> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>>> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>>> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.
>>>

>> You know, I might sample this if it were anywhere else but the CW.
>
> Somebody around here has warned us off this, but I may also sample it...
>

>>> Friday, Oct. 14
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> The Curse of Bridge Hollow (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> A father (Marlon Wayans) and his teenage daughter (Priah Ferguson) are
>>> forced to team up and save their town after an ancient and mischievous
>>> spirit causes Halloween decorations to come to life and wreak havoc.
>>
>> Oh boy am I in trouble
>
> This doesn't sound awful, but I wait for others' reviews of it first.
>
>>> Halloween Ends (movie) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>>>
>>> The conclusion to the recent horror reboot film trilogy (which takes place
>>> four years after the events of Halloween Kills) appears on Peacock the same
>>> day it opens in theaters.
>>
>> The first movie sucked, the second was OK. We’ll see.
>
> I thought the second one was awful, and the first one was... OK. I will
> watch this one, but after the second one, I don't expect them to be
> able to salvage this...

The whole premise of the first one was idiotic. None of the other movies
beyond the first one ever happened. And yet somehow “the shape“ (and why do
the hell do they call it that?) Has attained all the mythic status he would
have only if all the other movies had happened. And now he’s just an old
man who killed a few people one night and has spent the last 40 years in
prison. Also them not showing the audience his face when he’s just standing
outside in broad daylight and everybody but the audience can see his face
is just stupid. They have all this set up exposition given by a guy who
barely speaks English and is almost completely unintelligible. There are
scenes that don’t even make sense. How did the hermaphrodite queen become
fabulously wealthy enough to build her own Winchester house? How come the
fencing around the place at the beginning is completely forgotten about at
the end? If you’re going through the secret door and your kitchen floor
into the secret hideaway, don’t put the secret remote control back on the
not secret kitchen counter for anybody to see first. If you’re hiding in
the secret hideaway under the kitchen floor don’t fire rifles up through
the floor and let the mad killer know where you are. Don’t put the control
for the doors that seal off each room within easy reach of the door and
where the hell did those doors go when they’re not deployed anyway? For
what she spent on this why doesn’t she just have some sort of detector in
each room so she doesn’t have to go in and see if they are clear? Why does
your fortress home just have plain glass windows everywhere, even in the
doors? Judy Greer is too old for her part in this. And when the hell did
the hermaphrodite queen manage to breed anyway? Not to mention “how“

At least the second one brought back some other characters. And where
possible the original actors. I mean, how can you object to a movie that
kills Kyle Richards?

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<303438573.686970998.620642.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160016&group=rec.arts.tv#160016

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:41:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:41 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-10-08 08:55:42 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>

>> The Disappearance of Cari Farver (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> The Disappearance of Cari Farver is based on a true story and the subject
>> of Leslie Rule’s bestselling true-crime book A Tangled Web. Dave Kroupa
>> (Zach Gilford, Good Girls, Friday Night Lights) is shocked when his new
>> girlfriend, Cari Farver (Rebecca Amzallag), starts sending him demanding
>> texts. When Dave ends the relationship, he finds himself on the receiving
>> end of an onslaught of twisted messages from Cari, who has abruptly
>> disappeared. Dave’s ex-girlfriend, Liz (Alicia Witt, Friday Night Lights,
>> The Walking Dead), also begins receiving harassing texts from Cari,
>> resulting in a dangerous situation for them both. Meanwhile, Cari’s mother
>> Nancy (Lea Thompson, Back to the Future, Switched at Birth) continually
>> searches for her, keeping the pressure on the police who eventually uncover
>> a shocking discovery.
>
> Yep, will watch. It's got to be better/more enlightening than last
> Saturday's "The Gabby Petito Story". :|
>
>> How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)
>>
>> Marley's brilliant at organizing other people's engagements, but unlucky in
>> finding romance herself. When designing her most important proposal yet,
>> the man who could jeopardize it all may be the one who helps find her own
>> love story. Stars Erin Agostino and Aaron Ashmore.
>
> GAC continues to manage decent casting, but I just feel like there's
> not enough "room" for two "Hallmark Channels", let alone 3 or 4!!
>
>> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
>> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
>> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
>> Sevier.
>
> It's funny, but I'm kind of burned out on Taylor Cole now. I think she
> made a mistake being one of Hallmark's "lead actresses"...

Yeah

>> Bring It On: Cheer or Die (movie) (9 pm, Syfy)
>>
>> The straight-to-cable seventh film in the Bring It On series is a slasher
>> film—a first for the franchise. "Bring It On: Cheer or Die" follows team
>> co-captains Abby (Kerri Medders) and McKayla (Tiera Skovbye) and their
>> Diablos teammates who are forbidden from doing any risky cheer stunts by
>> their overly cautious school principal (Missi Pyle) and fear that they will
>> be laughed out of the upcoming regional cheer competition. The squad comes
>> up with a plan to choreograph a winning routine in secret, at a nearby
>> abandoned school. Once at the school to rehearse, the cheerleaders begin to
>> disappear one by one. By the time they realize they're locked inside with a
>> killer, it may be too late for any of them to survive. They must use their
>> skills to fight off a killer who gives them only one choice: Cheer or die!
>
> Oh, yeah! I'll at least record this for later!!
>

>> Sunday, Oct. 9
>>

>> Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> A frustratingly micromanaged pop star who dreams of an ordinary life finds
>> herself torn between her celebrity ex, the machinations of her controlling
>> manager, and a developing romance with a down-to-earth record store owner.
>> Stars Jennifer Freeman and Adam Huss
>
> Pass.
>
>> Mid-Love Crisis (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>>
>> The week of her 50th birthday, Mindy, a divorced teacher, is going through
>> a bonafide mid-life crisis as she prepares to host a long weekend at the
>> lake with former boyfriend Sam, ex-husband Marc, and daughter Rita and her
>> girlfriend Emily. In the process, Mindy begins to discover what it is she
>> truly wants as she gets ready to start the next chapter. Stars Teri Hatcher
>> and James Tupper.
>
> This is Hatcher's second movie with Hallmark, I think.

And she’s playing 50?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>> NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)
>
> No!!

I’m going to watch the premiere just to see how much of a message turned
into because I’ll probably watch the three-way crossover

>> Let the Right One In [new] (10 pm, Showtime)
>>
>> An adaptation of the acclaimed 2008 Swedish horror film (which itself was
>> adapted from a novel and was also previously remade for American audiences
>> as a 2010 Matt Reeves film), this Showtime series stars Demián Bichir as
>> the father of a 12-year-old girl (Madison Taylor Baez). In fact, he's been
>> the father of a 12-year-old girl for roughly a decade: She's an unaging
>> vampire, and he has assigned himself the task of keeping her well-supplied
>> with human blood. Grace Gummer, Anika Noni Rose, Nick Stahl, and Kevin
>> Carroll also star. The series adaptation comes from Andrew Hinderaker, a
>> playwright and writer on another Showtime horror series, Penny Dreadful. 10
>> episodes.
>
> I may sample at some point...
>

>> Monday, Oct. 10
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Grimcutty (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> A suburban teen girl and her little brother must stop a terrifying Internet
>> meme brought to life by the hysteria of their parents.
>
> Ack! It's Shannyn Sossamon! Probably makes this a "pass"...
>
> P.S. It's too bad Hulu ended their "Into the Dark" film series - this
> sounds perfect for that.
>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> All American (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>>

>> All American: Homecoming (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
>
> SAY IT!!
>
>> Kevin Can F**k Himself (season 2 and series finale) (9 pm,
>> AMC)
>
> Could somebody please let us know how this ended?!...

Obvious is watching it

>> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> The Winchesters [new] (8 pm, CW)
>>
>> This spinoff from The CW's longest-running hit, Supernatural, is a prequel
>> centering on John (Drake Rodger) and Mary (Meg Donnelly), the parents of
>> the characters played in the prior series by Jensen Ackles and Jared
>> Padalecki. Ackles will narrate The Winchesters (and serve as a producer
>> alongside wife Daneel Ackles), while the new series comes from Robbie
>> Thompson, a longtime writer on Supernatural.
>
> I'm giving this a pass.
>
> But if somebody else watches this, please give us a review.
>
>> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>>
>> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.
>
> As I said, I *may* sample this...

The C dub must die!

>> Wednesday, Oct. 12
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Big Shot (complete? season 2) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> After getting ousted from the NCAA, a men’s basketball coach is given a
>> chance for redemption with a coaching position at an elite private high
>> school.
>
> Wait - you mean Disney+ still has non-Marvel, non-Star Wars TV series!?!?!!

They have five major areas and in the Disney area they have every single
movie or TV show that ever carried the Disney name.

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> House of Payne (season 9 fall premiere) (8 pm, BET)
>
> Oh, HELL, no!!
>
>> Archer (season 13 finale) (10 pm, FXX)
>
> This is another show that likely should already have been retired.
>

>> Thursday, Oct. 13
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Watcher [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
>> Netflix)
>>
>> Ryan Murphy's second Netflix limited series in a month (following Dahmer -
>> Monster) is based on a bizarre true story (first reported in New York
>> Magazine) that finds a married couple buying their dream home in suburban
>> New Jersey, only to be terrorized by an anonymous letter-writer/stalker
>> from their not-so-welcoming neighborhood. The strong cast is led by Naomi
>> Watts, Bobby Cannavale, Jennifer Coolidge, Mia Farrow, and Margo
>> Martindale.
>
> Wow - I couldn't be less interested in this!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programming

<1765918433.686971411.876596.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160017&group=rec.arts.tv#160017

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:41:33 -0700

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>
>> Broadcast and cable:
>
>> Professionals [new to US] (9 pm, CW)
>
>> Vincent Corbo (Tom Welling) and his security team are hired by billionaire
>> Peter Swann (Brendan Fraser) to protect his interests. American premiere of
>> the European action series that first aired outside the U.S. in 2020.
>
>> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/professionals/season-1
>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8769360/
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbfQSqLQKQ
>
> The C-Wub must die.
>
> Wow. They ran out of programming for fall quarter! That's amazing. This
> sure seems like fluffy summer filler.
>
> I didn't recognize Tom Welling, and Brendan Fraser has regained all the
> weight the personal trainer he pissed off kept off his body, and then
> some.
>
>> The Oval (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, BET)
>
>> https://www.bet.com/shows/tyler-perrys-the-oval
>
> Will this be a melodramatic exploration of cliched romantic interactions
> among black people with well-paying and important jobs, using scripted
> dialogue that Tyler Perry had already used in movies?

Mean!

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1567101891.686971619.165255.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160018&group=rec.arts.tv#160018

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:41:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 01:41 UTC

> On 2022-10-08 5:58 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Saturday, Oct. 8
>>>

>>> Red Election (season 1 finale) (7 pm, Ovation)
>>
>> Nobody gets ovation! (Seriously, does anybody get ovation?)
>>

>>> Cursed Friends (movie) (8 pm, Comedy Central)
>>>
>>> After a drunken reunion, four 30-something childhood friends wake up on
>>> Halloween to realize that a predict-your-future game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion
>>> Apartment Shack House) that they played in 2002 is starting to come true
>>> for them in hilarious and disturbing ways. They must band together to help
>>> each other escape the wild fates that have turned their lives upside down
>>> -- from having 100 kids with the hometown loser, to leading a cult, to
>>> marrying NSYNC's Joey Fatone. Stars Andrew Lewis Caldwell, Harvey Guillén,
>>> James Austin Johnson, Jessica Lowe, Joey Fatone, Kathy Griffin,
>>
>> NO!!!
>>

>>> How to Find Forever (movie) (8 pm, GAC Family)
>>
>> GAC!
>>

>>> Pumpkin Everything (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>>>
>>> Amy, an up-and-coming novelist, returns to her hometown to look after her
>>> stubborn grandfather Tom and his pumpkin-themed store while confronting an
>>> old flame from her past. Stars Taylor Cole, Michael Ironside and Corey
>>> Sevier.
>>
>> A friend that I saw the trailer for this. Michael Ironside is completely
>> unrecognizable. He’s almost egg shaped and covered with snow white hair and
>> beard.
>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>

>>> Sunday, Oct. 9
>>>

>>> Infamously in Love (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> Nobody gets UP!
>>

>>> NCIS: Los Angeles (season 14 premiere) (10 pm, CBS)
>>>

>> I stopped watching this sometime ago when the team became majority Muslim
>> but I’ll take a look at the Premier just to see how much of a mess it is.
>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>

>>> Monday, Oct. 10
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> My Life Is Murder (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Acorn TV)
>>>
>>> Lucy Lawless stars in this contemporary Australian detective drama as
>>> retired cop Alexa Crowe. 10 episodes.
>>
>> Nobody gets acorn!
>>
>> Is this always what the show was called?
>>
> I believe that's the name it had when I watched Season 1 a few years
> back. Don't worry, you're not missing much, at least in my humble opinion.

Yeah, I saw season one, and didn’t go back for season two. She has the
sidekick assistant who is indistinguishable from the new Abby in NCIS 0WM
or the worst cop out they ever had on death in Paradise although this one
was a lot better.

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>

>>> Tuesday, Oct. 11
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> The Cage [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> A marriage counselor tries to dissuade his warring clients from getting a
>>> divorce while juggling his own romantic dilemmas. Kuwaiti series; 8
>>> episodes.
>>
>> What the hell is Kuwaiti?
>
> The adjective describing the people and culture of the nation of Kuwait,
> the country that was saved from Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War.

Oh. Thanks.

> [...]
>>
>> Black butterflies matter!
>>

>>> The Curse of Bridge Hollow (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> A father (Marlon Wayans) and his teenage daughter (Priah Ferguson) are
>>> forced to team up and save their town after an ancient and mischievous
>>> spirit causes Halloween decorations to come to life and wreak havoc.
>>
>> Oh boy am I in trouble
>>

>>> Halloween Ends (movie) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>>>
>>> The conclusion to the recent horror reboot film trilogy (which takes place
>>> four years after the events of Halloween Kills) appears on Peacock the same
>>> day it opens in theaters.
>>
>> The first movie sucked, the second was OK. We’ll see.
>>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>>> Penn & Teller: Fool Us (season 9 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
>>>

>> Biden lovers. Phooey.
>>

>>> (end)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-A63EA2.19313508102022@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160027&group=rec.arts.tv#160027

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 19:31:35 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 02:31 UTC

In article
<303438573.686970998.620642.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Big Shot (complete? season 2) (3:01 am, Disney+)
> >>
> >> After getting ousted from the NCAA, a men's basketball coach is given a
> >> chance for redemption with a coaching position at an elite private high
> >> school.
> >
> > Wait - you mean Disney+ still has non-Marvel, non-Star Wars TV series!?!?!!
> >

> They have five major areas and in the Disney area they have every single
> movie or TV show that ever carried the Disney name.

Except SONG OF THE SOUTH. We're required to forget that ever happened.

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programming

<thtk38$dv6f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160037&group=rec.arts.tv#160037

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 04:52:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 04:52 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>>The Oval (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, BET)

>>>https://www.bet.com/shows/tyler-perrys-the-oval

>>Will this be a melodramatic exploration of cliched romantic interactions
>>among black people with well-paying and important jobs, using scripted
>>dialogue that Tyler Perry had already used in movies?

>Mean!

I ripped off Madea.

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1682437129.686990852.954707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160055&group=rec.arts.tv#160055

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 23:55:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 06:55 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <303438573.686970998.620642.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Wait - you mean Disney+ still has non-Marvel, non-Star Wars TV series!?!?!!
>>>

>> They have five major areas and in the Disney area they have every single
>> movie or TV show that ever carried the Disney name.
>
> Except SONG OF THE SOUTH. We're required to forget that ever happened.

Unless you’re metric. Or have a laser disk player.

Hee hee. I just asked the Amazon for song of the South. They offered me a
variety of DVDs and VHS versions of it in both funny foreign languages and
made in the USA on the “generic“ brand label.

It then asked me if I would like a lovely reproduction of the original 1922
“little black Sambo“

Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin's selected programming

<803647054.686991258.831283.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160056&group=rec.arts.tv#160056

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 23:55:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 06:55 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Will this be a melodramatic exploration of cliched romantic interactions
>>> among black people with well-paying and important jobs, using scripted
>>> dialogue that Tyler Perry had already used in movies?
>
>> Mean!
>
> I ripped off Madea.

I’m telling Robin!

Re: Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<091020220916576011%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160085&group=rec.arts.tv#160085

Subject: Re: Re: Oct. 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 09:16:57 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:16 UTC

In article
<1682437129.686990852.954707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <303438573.686970998.620642.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> They have five major areas and in the Disney area they have every single
> >> movie or TV show that ever carried the Disney name.
> >
> > Except SONG OF THE SOUTH. We're required to forget that ever happened.
> >

> Unless you¹re metric. Or have a laser disk player.

I have a very nice VHS copy from the Netherlands. Watched it fairly
recently.