If your aim in life is nothing, you can't miss.

arts / rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st / Re: Hope

SubjectAuthor
* Hopelucretia
`* Re: Hopekat
 +* Re: Hopelucretia
 |`* Re: Hopekat
 | `* Re: Hopelucretia
 |  `* Re: Hopekat
 |   `* Re: Hopelucretia
 |    `* Re: Hopekat
 |     `* Re: Hopelucretia
 |      `- Re: Hopekat
 `* Re: HopeGordonD
  `- Re: Hopekat

1
Hope

<vnnm9i54rlh563st67527ohsjgd9s9s5q2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1589&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1589

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Hope
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:13:58 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 22:13 UTC

My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(

Re: Hope

<kg2q6cF4bocU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1590&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1590

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Hope
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:17:01 +0100
 by: kat - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 13:17 UTC

On 27/06/2023 23:13, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(

I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show too,
just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for filming for some
reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope - and Harry.

But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Hope

<2j7p9i193ak5lmba5ev2ivqh81ab7gr3n3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1591&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1591

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 18:00:06 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 21:00 UTC

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:17:01 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 27/06/2023 23:13, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(
>
>I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show too,
>just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for filming for some
>reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope - and Harry.
>
>But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.

Maybe it had to do with term times etc. in which case they will be
able to pick it up again soon! Do schools go til the end of July in
the UK?

Re: Hope

<kg6335Fjt1iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1592&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1592

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:07:17 +0100
 by: kat - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 19:07 UTC

On 28/06/2023 22:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:17:01 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27/06/2023 23:13, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(
>>
>> I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show too,
>> just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for filming for some
>> reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope - and Harry.
>>
>> But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.
>
> Maybe it had to do with term times etc. in which case they will be
> able to pick it up again soon! Do schools go til the end of July in
> the UK?

They do, near enough, though regions vary a little, a week or so either way, in
England, and Scotland breaks up and returns sooner. They have tutors,in
term time though.

But there are various rules about the amount of work they can do etc. And
sometimes they have exams though this lot are too young for the important ones.

But the current episodes were filmed weeks ago. Actually was amusing last week -
the country bathed in high temperatures, and the cast were all wearing coats.:-)
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Hope

<rrpr9il3s3ca93lju9ffpabp4fgj8ek34i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1593&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1593

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:27:18 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:27 UTC

On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:07:17 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 28/06/2023 22:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 14:17:01 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show too,
>>> just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for filming for some
>>> reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope - and Harry.
>>>
>>> But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.
>>
>> Maybe it had to do with term times etc. in which case they will be
>> able to pick it up again soon! Do schools go til the end of July in
>> the UK?
>
>They do, near enough, though regions vary a little, a week or so either way, in
>England, and Scotland breaks up and returns sooner. They have tutors,in
>term time though.
>
>But there are various rules about the amount of work they can do etc. And
>sometimes they have exams though this lot are too young for the important ones.
>
>But the current episodes were filmed weeks ago. Actually was amusing last week -
>the country bathed in high temperatures, and the cast were all wearing coats.:-)

Schools are all through the end of June here, I think they should go
longer but I don't get to say :)

I'm currently up to Daisy and Ryan in court - I usually stay an
episode or two behind as I have a CBC membership so can watch them
without commercials, I prefer that as I really hate commercials :) I'm
interested to see where it will go, our police do not protect women
soon enough here, in my opinion. Some bad things that could have been
avoided have happened.

Re: Hope

<kg7mf8Frcf0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1595&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1595

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:44:10 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:44 UTC

On 29/06/2023 21:27, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:07:17 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28/06/2023 22:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> Maybe it had to do with term times etc. in which case they will be
>>> able to pick it up again soon! Do schools go til the end of July in
>>> the UK?
>>
>> They do, near enough, though regions vary a little, a week or so either way, in
>> England, and Scotland breaks up and returns sooner. They have tutors,in
>> term time though.
>>
>> But there are various rules about the amount of work they can do etc. And
>> sometimes they have exams though this lot are too young for the important ones.
>>
>> But the current episodes were filmed weeks ago. Actually was amusing last week -
>> the country bathed in high temperatures, and the cast were all wearing coats.:-)
>
> Schools are all through the end of June here, I think they should go
> longer but I don't get to say :)

I suppose it all depends on just how long they get, rather than when they get
it. It works out at a totla of around 13 week in the year here, 2 at Christmas,
2 at Easter, 6 in the summer, 3 weeks of half term holidays. Some schools like 2
weeks mid October and a shorter summer break, with some idea that kids forget
too much, and they waste time revising the first couple of weeks in the new
school year. ( I think it is actually helpful to do it, I failed a professional
exam once and went back to resit in the Autumn and it was like a lightbulb
switched on, and I passed). And anyway prices for holidays during school breaks
are so dear it would be cheaper for parents to go in October (when of course
prices still rise!)

But that is the state schools. Two of my grandchildren are in private schools -
they spent several years in school abroad, paid for by my son-in-law's employer,
and try finding places in the local state schools, when you come back! There
were only 2 in their town, and full. So they decided to stick with private at
least until high school, but the elder then passed the exam for a good private
school and the younger will join her this year. Now she breaks up today and
will return in September, but, she has spent this year going to school 2
Saturdays in 3. The younger one has another couple of weeks.

> I'm currently up to Daisy and Ryan in court - I usually stay an
> episode or two behind as I have a CBC membership so can watch them
> without commercials, I prefer that as I really hate commercials :) I'm
> interested to see where it will go, our police do not protect women
> soon enough here, in my opinion. Some bad things that could have been
> avoided have happened.

They didn't protect Daisy did they, and she couldn't get that order to keep
Justin away. So now we have all the repercussions, and how it all affects both
Daisy's and Ryan's lives. The court bit is over, the rest is ongoing.

Have you got to the story about Paul yet?

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Hope

<4mct9ithmde0p2d94kgirnv2o9mncv5jms@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1597&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1597

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 07:48:35 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:48 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:44:10 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 29/06/2023 21:27, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:07:17 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

\ >>
>> I'm currently up to Daisy and Ryan in court - I usually stay an
>> episode or two behind as I have a CBC membership so can watch them
>> without commercials, I prefer that as I really hate commercials :) I'm
>> interested to see where it will go, our police do not protect women
>> soon enough here, in my opinion. Some bad things that could have been
>> avoided have happened.
>
>They didn't protect Daisy did they, and she couldn't get that order to keep
>Justin away. So now we have all the repercussions, and how it all affects both
>Daisy's and Ryan's lives. The court bit is over, the rest is ongoing.
>
>Have you got to the story about Paul yet?

Yes, we got to the wedding and he finally told them, very sad.

Re: Hope

<kg7s38FsanqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1598&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1598

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:20:10 +0100
 by: kat - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:20 UTC

On 30/06/2023 11:48, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:44:10 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29/06/2023 21:27, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 20:07:17 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
> \
>>>
>>> I'm currently up to Daisy and Ryan in court - I usually stay an
>>> episode or two behind as I have a CBC membership so can watch them
>>> without commercials, I prefer that as I really hate commercials :) I'm
>>> interested to see where it will go, our police do not protect women
>>> soon enough here, in my opinion. Some bad things that could have been
>>> avoided have happened.
>>
>> They didn't protect Daisy did they, and she couldn't get that order to keep
>> Justin away. So now we have all the repercussions, and how it all affects both
>> Daisy's and Ryan's lives. The court bit is over, the rest is ongoing.
>>
>> Have you got to the story about Paul yet?
>
> Yes, we got to the wedding and he finally told them, very sad.

It is, isn't it. And will affect the whole family so more drama to come.

I keep wondering though, how do Gemma, Chesney, Joseph, Bernie, and all 4 quads
fit into that house? That is even more people than in other houses that still
have a front room to use as a bedroom!

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Hope

<0qtt9i9tu5huark1j2tm4raaofg5aglqu5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1599&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1599

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:40:30 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:40 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:20:10 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 30/06/2023 11:48, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:44:10 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> \

>>> They didn't protect Daisy did they, and she couldn't get that order to keep
>>> Justin away. So now we have all the repercussions, and how it all affects both
>>> Daisy's and Ryan's lives. The court bit is over, the rest is ongoing.
>>>
>>> Have you got to the story about Paul yet?
>>
>> Yes, we got to the wedding and he finally told them, very sad.
>
>It is, isn't it. And will affect the whole family so more drama to come.
>
>I keep wondering though, how do Gemma, Chesney, Joseph, Bernie, and all 4 quads
>fit into that house? That is even more people than in other houses that still
>have a front room to use as a bedroom!

Great point! I always think it is waaay too quiet when they are
supposedly upstairs.

Re: Hope

<kgapsvFblvqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1600&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1600

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 15:01:03 +0100
 by: kat - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 14:01 UTC

On 30/06/2023 16:40, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:20:10 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 30/06/2023 11:48, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> \

>>> Yes, we got to the wedding and he finally told them, very sad.
>>
>> It is, isn't it. And will affect the whole family so more drama to come.
>>
>> I keep wondering though, how do Gemma, Chesney, Joseph, Bernie, and all 4 quads
>> fit into that house? That is even more people than in other houses that still
>> have a front room to use as a bedroom!
>
> Great point! I always think it is waaay too quiet when they are
> supposedly upstairs.

At least we see them, I remember a time when Tracy spent two years in her
bedroom. ;-)
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Hope

<kgb5giFdb34U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1601&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1601

From: g.da...@btinternet.com (GordonD)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 18:19:14 +0100
 by: GordonD - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 17:19 UTC

On 28/06/2023 14:17, kat wrote:
> On 27/06/2023 23:13, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(
>
> I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show
> too, just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for
> filming for some reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope -
> and Harry.
>
> But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.

Didn't the PTBs say that they were going to tone down Hope's bad behaviour?
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Hope

<kgd530FmkivU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1602&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1602

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 12:24:16 +0100
 by: kat - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 11:24 UTC

On 01/07/2023 18:19, GordonD wrote:
> On 28/06/2023 14:17, kat wrote:
>> On 27/06/2023 23:13, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>>> My smacking hand itches when I watch Hope being a bitch :(
>>
>> I had forgotten about those incidents - seem to be forgotten in the show too,
>> just now, maybe one of more of the kids weren't available for filming for some
>> reason, as haven't seen much of any other than Hope - and Harry.
>>
>> But I am sure she will be up to no good again soon.
>
> Didn't the PTBs say that they were going to tone down Hope's bad behaviour?

I was thinking of the jealousy she was showing, and the tricks she was playing,
when Sam was friendly to Eliza, I expect there will be more of it. Hopefully
she won't be playing with matches any more!
--
kat