They also serve who only stand and wait. -- John Milton

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELF

SubjectAuthor
* IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELFanim8rfsk
`- Re: IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELFIan J. Ball

1
IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELF

<306059451.687187809.408673.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160354&group=rec.arts.tv#160354

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELF
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 06:32:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 13:32 UTC

Ob Veeus sez

In the penultimate episode of KEVIN CAN F&*K HIMSELF, his wife Allison
decides that she really doesn’t want to leave. Unfortunately, the drug
dealer might come after her and her neighbor (Patty)’s cop girlfriend is
definitely after her and Patty’s brother Neil is after her, so she is
forced to fake her own death and flee her old life.
In the finale episode, we jump ahead 6 months to see that Allison is now
living/working in Maine and while life isn’t perfect she has a job that
pays the rent and at least one friend so she isn’t alone. Best of all, her
life is well lit and normal looking.
Back in Kevin’s world, he has a beard and his dad has taken on the role of
cooking and cleaning for him. He also has a new girlfriend who is more put
together than Allison and who brings him free beer. Neil is still beside
him on the couch, but Neil has now fully inherited Allison’s hatred of
Kevin and the dark world demeanor of cutting comments that no one else
notices. Meanwhile, Patty is miserable without Allison and is still
searching for her and Patty’s life with her cop girlfriend is going
nowhere.
At this point in the episode, everything takes a turn.
Cop Girlfriend tracks down Allison and confronts her. Cop Girlfriend knows
about Allison hiring the drug dealer to kill Kevin. Instead of arresting
her, though, she just tells her that the drug dealer died so the case is
closed. This means that neither the drug dealer nor the cop are after
Allison any longer.
With this new information, Allison decides to return to her old life. She
starts by revisiting her old boss/old boyfriend (QUANTUM LEAP guy) and in
doing so, she finds out about Kevin’s new girlfriend. Her next visit is to
that woman, so as to inform her of the hell pit that Kevin is for women.
Back at home, we find out that Dad is sick of being Kevin’s caregiver. Dad
is moving to Florida with his own girlfriend and isn’t going to tell Kevin
where he lives. Then we see Kevin propose to his girlfriend that she move
in, but armed with the knowledge of what that will do to her, she flees
Kevin’s life as well. Then Allison shows up to tell Kevin that she is
alive and she wants a divorce. Kevin’s true self is revealed as he berates
her, demeans her, punches a wall as a threat of violence, etc… She sticks
to her guns and is going to leave him anyway, so he tells her that he will
destroy her life. This is the end of Kevin’s well-lit world and sitcom
laugh track life.
Meanwhile, Patty tells her brother, Neil, to move out since she is tired of
taking care of him. He goes to his girlfriend to propose that they run
away together, but she points out that she is sober, he is a drunk, and she
has no desire to take care of him. He is left with nothing and no one.
Patty’s cop girlfriend quits the police force so that they can run away
together. Patty tells her cop girlfriend that the two of them have no
future together.
Back at Kevin’s darkly lit house , Kevin is now drinking hard liquor and
piling Allison’s last things into a trashcan in the Livingroom…and setting
the stuff ablaze. Next door, we see cop girlfriend leaving Patty’s house
with her stuff as Patty has rejected her. She is moving out, but does not
notice the growing fire in Kevin’s house next door. Kevin is so drunk that
he falls asleep on the couch next to the fire.
Flash a bit forward in time and we see the husk of a burnt up home covered
in police tape. Allison and Patty sit on the front steps and it is implied
that KEVIN really did F&*K HIMSELF (assume that he died in the fire).
Patty and Allison pledge to stick with each other and grow old together.
The end.
Lots of stuff could have been done if there was another season. For
example, they could have had Kevin survive the fire and the ‘attack’
against him could have been all he needed to win the election. Also, it
seems highly unlikely that Allison could have actually returned from the
dead after 6 months and Kevin’s house could burn down that same day…and the
cops wouldn’t blame Allison for it. With another TV season, Kevin would
have been able to make good on his promise to destroy her life by living
and claiming that she set the fire.
Left unresolved is the fact that Patty is in love with Allison while
Allison is heterosexual…and maybe still wants a relationship with QUANTUM
LEAP guy.

Re: IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELF

<ti3s8u$144he$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160359&group=rec.arts.tv#160359

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: IAN CAN F&*K HIMSELF
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 06:49:18 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 13:49 UTC

On 2022-10-11 13:32:04 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ob Veeus sez
> [snip finale synopsis]

OK, thanks for that. It definitely sounds like I made the right call to
drop this one - it doesn't sound like I would have liked anything that
happened after I stopped watching.