grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

SubjectAuthor
* When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government ExBTR1701
+- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.Ed Stasiak
+- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.trotsky
`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 |`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenUbiquitous
 | `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 |  +- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenAdam H. Kerman
 |  `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenUbiquitous
 |   `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 |    +* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenAdam H. Kerman
 |    |`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 |    | `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenAdam H. Kerman
 |    |  `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 |    `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenUbiquitous
 |     +- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.trotsky
 |     `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
 `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism inanim8rfsk
  +* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.suzeeq
  |`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenBTR1701
  | +- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.trotsky
  | `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism inanim8rfsk
  +* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism inAdam H. Kerman
  |+* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenBTR1701
  ||`- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenAdam H. Kerman
  |+* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.suzeeq
  ||`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.Adam H. Kerman
  || `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.suzeeq
  ||  +* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.Adam H. Kerman
  ||  |+- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism inanim8rfsk
  ||  |`- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.suzeeq
  ||  `* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.Ed Stasiak
  ||   `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.suzeeq
  |+- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism inanim8rfsk
  |`* Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenUbiquitous
  | `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenThe Horny Goat
  `- Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City GovernmenYour Name

Pages:12
When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<MfycncGfTbJDHdn-nZ2dnZfqn_ti4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160269&group=rec.arts.tv#160269

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 20:30:22 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 20:30 UTC

I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
to black people?

What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
governing board, stat!

(One thing that's predictably glossed over here is that when these racist
comments were made, they were holding a resdistricting meeting and the only
non-governmental seat at that table was given to a union president. Why does
Big Labor-- a massive Democrat campaign donor-- get a direct say in
redistricting but no one else does?)

Of course when all is said and done, these racial offenders will be tacitly
pardoned and will suffer little in the way of professional harm for these
racist remarks, because they're otherwise good 'progressives' and work hard
daily to implement the Agenda at all levels. If a Republican or conservative
councilmember had said such things (if such a creature were even allowed to
exist, that is), half the city would be on fire right now.

--------------------------------

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/us/los-angeles-city-council-racist-remarks-leaked-audio

Los Angeles City Council member Nury Martinez has resigned as the legislative
body's president after making racist remarks about a fellow council member and
his black child. "I take responsibility for what I said and there are no
excuses for those comments," Martinez said in a statement. "I'm so sorry."
Martinez' resignation as president is effective immediately, according to the
statement, though she remains a member of the council.

The remarks were part of leaked audio that was posted anonymously on Reddit
and obtained by The Los Angeles Times. According to the newspaper, the audio
details a conversation between Martinez, Councilmembers Gil Cedillo and Kevin
de León and Los Angeles County Federation of Labor President Ron Herrera.

Much of the conversation focused on maps proposed by the city's redistricting
commission and the councilmembers' frustration with them, as well as the need
to "ensure that heavily latino districts did not lose economic assets" in the
once-in-a-decade process, according to the Times. The councilmembers then
discussed Councilmember Mike Bonin, a white man. In clips of the leaked audio
posted by the Times, Martinez is heard recounting a conversation and says
"Bonin thinks he’s f**king black."

According to the Times, Martinez says Bonin appeared with his son on a float
in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade and he "handled his young black son as
though he were an accessory". The boy is 8 years old, according to a Facebook
post by his father.

The Times reported that Martinez also said of Bonin's child, "Parece
changuito," or "He's like a monkey." In the leaked audio, Martinez can be
heard speaking about Bonin's son allegedly misbehaving while at the parade by
hanging from a railing of their float, saying "this kid is going to tip us
over".

"They're raising him like a little white kid," Martinez said. "I was like,
this kid needs a beatdown. Let me take him around the corner and then I'll
bring him back."

The audio, according to The Times, was part of a conversation that took place
in October 2021. CNN has not been able to verify the audio recording. It
surfaced just weeks before the November 8 election that will decide the next
mayor of Los Angeles and several city council seats. It is unclear who
recorded the audio.

"The context of this conversation was concern over the redistricting process
and concern about the potential negative impact it might have on communities
of color. My work speaks for itself. I've worked hard to lead this city
through its most difficult time," Martinez said in a statement to CNN, made
before her resignation.

Bonin and his husband, Sean Arian, asked the City Council to remove Martinez
as council president and said she needs to resign from office. "We are
appalled, angry and absolutely disgusted that Nury Martinez attacked our son
with horrific racist slurs and talked about her desire to physically harm him.
It's vile, abhorrent, and utterly disgraceful," the couple said in a joint
statement.

Bonin and Arian added that they are "equally angry and disgusted by the ugly
racist comments about our son from Kevin de León and Ron Herrera, who should
also resign their posts, and by the tacit acceptance of those remarks from Gil
Cedillo."

The California/Hawaii State Conference of the NAACP and the Los Angeles Branch
of the organization are calling for the resignation of all council members
involved in that conversation and asking the city to investigate "how far the
racial animus has impacted hiring and other decisions of the City Council,"
they said in a joint statement. "We will not sit idly by and allow our elected
representatives to engage in these kinds of disgusting and racist behaviors,"
said Latricia Mitchell, president of the Los Angeles branch of the NAACP.

Council member Nithya Raman, who according to The Times was also referenced in
the leaked audio, released a statement to CNN Sunday also calling for
resignations. "Racist, homophobic, and deeply cruel statements like these are
disqualifying for elected office in L.A. The people who made them should
resign. If they don't, I'll vote to remove them from Council leadership at the
first opportunity."

In a statement Sunday, Cedillo called the comments about Bonin's son "simply
unacceptable".

"I want to start by apologizing. While I did not engage in the conversation in
question, I was present at times during this meeting last year," Cedillo said.
"It is my instinct to hold others accountable when they use derogatory or
racially divisive language. Clearly, I should have intervened. I failed in
holding others and myself to the highest standard. The hurtful and harmful
remarks made about my colleague's son were simply unacceptable. We choose
public life but our families should always be off limits and never part of the
political discourse."

Herrera has not responded to CNN's request for comment but the Los Angeles
County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO tweeted an apology from him to Bonin and
his family and to black and Oaxacan community members.

"There is no justification and no excuse for the vile remarks made in that
room. Period," the apology said. "And I didn't step up to stop them and I will
have to bear the burden of that cross moving forward."

De León released a statement to CNN Sunday saying, "On that day, I fell short
of the expectations we set for our leaders-- and I will hold myself to a
higher standard. There were comments made in the context of this meeting that
are wholly inappropriate; and I regret appearing to condone and even
contribute to certain insensitive comments made about a colleague and his
family in private. I've reached out to that colleague personally."

Despite the apologies, Bonin and Arian point to what they call a coordinated
effort to weaken black political representation in Los Angeles. "The
conversation revealed several layers of contempt for the people of Los Angeles
and a cynical, ugly desire to divide the city rather than serve it," Bonin and
Arian said in their statement.

In her statement announcing her resignation, Martinez apologized to Bonin and
his family. "As a mother, I know better and I am sorry. I am truly ashamed. I
know this is the result of my own actions. I'm sorry to your entire family for
putting you through this. As someone who believes deeply in the empowerment of
communities of color, I recognize my comments undercut that goal. Going
forward, reconciliation will be my priority."

Martinez represents the city's 6th district, which includes Hollywood,
Panorama City, and other parts of the San Fernando Valley.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<01d21ca8-25d1-4315-9651-776da1b50e78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160273&group=rec.arts.tv#160273

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 14:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A.
City Government Exposed
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:12 UTC

> BTR1701
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/us/los-angeles-city-council-racist-remarks-leaked-audio
>
> Los Angeles City Council member Nury Martinez has resigned as the legislative
> body's president after making racist remarks about a fellow council member and
> his black child. "I take responsibility for what I said and there are no
> excuses for those comments," Martinez said in a statement. "I'm so sorry."
> Martinez' resignation as president is effective immediately, according to the
> statement, though she remains a member of the council.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-10-09/city-council-leaked-audio-nury-martinez-kevin-de-leon-gil-cedillo

“Martinez also said “Fuck that guy … He’s with the Blacks” while speaking
about Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón.”

lol

Latina soccer mom council member just don’t care and I doubt her comments
will hurt her come election time, in fact I’m guessing she’ll get more votes from
the Latino community.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti22l5$1ddm$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160280&group=rec.arts.tv#160280

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 16:25:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 10 Oct 2022 21:25 UTC

On 10/10/2022 3:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
> 'progressives' that only white people can be racist.

Prove it you lying fucking cunt.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti2tem$11mkv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160321&group=rec.arts.tv#160321

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 05:03:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 05:03 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
>for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
>to black people?

>What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>governing board, stat!

Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
quota on something or other.

>. . .

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<3q0akh9g1ph16d2gpqgjn2llr4279bv5m4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160324&group=rec.arts.tv#160324

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 22:50:52 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 05:50 UTC

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 05:03:19 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>>'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>>hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
>>for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
>>to black people?
>
>>What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>>governing board, stat!
>
>Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
>quota on something or other.
>
>>. . .
That may be the "woke" definition but racism is when one says or does
things where one's race and the other person's is a factor in your
decision making. No race has a monopoly on racism which is why I have
argued on alt.tv.big-brother that this season's winner (who has said
repeated she would NEVER put a black woman "on the block") is racist
as hell - "as hell" since she said that at least 5 times on camera.

That's wrong and she should be called on it.

Bottom line is if you do your decisionmaking on the basis of race
you're a racist and whether you're black white red yellow blue or
green doesn't enter into it.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<314775364.687163488.566619.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160326&group=rec.arts.tv#160326

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in
L.A. City Government Exposed
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 23:47:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 06:47 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>> 'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>> hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
>> for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
>> to black people?
>
>> What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>> governing board, stat!
>
> Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
> quota on something or other.
>
>> . . .

The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)

I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti3lpe$13c9p$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160352&group=rec.arts.tv#160352

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 07:58:38 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 11:58 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>>>'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>>>hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
>>>for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
>>>to black people?
>>
>>>What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>>>governing board, stat!
>>
>>Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
>>quota on something or other.
>
>That may be the "woke" definition but racism is when one says or does
>things where one's race and the other person's is a factor in your
>decision making.

Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inherently superior or inferior to another.

>No race has a monopoly on racism

You are correct!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti417n$5nn6$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160364&group=rec.arts.tv#160364

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 08:13:59 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 15:13 UTC

On 10/10/2022 11:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>>> 'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>>> hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political interest
>>> for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but *can* be racist
>>> to black people?
>>
>>> What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>>> governing board, stat!
>>
>> Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
>> quota on something or other.
>>
>>> . . .
>>

> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>
> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

Some Hispanic people have both white and black in them.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4eut$15lkg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160385&group=rec.arts.tv#160385

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
L.A. City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:08:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:08 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)

>I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.

Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.

Also, I don't recall broad census demographic categories making it easy
to categorize blacks from Carribean island colonized by the English and
French. I guess that was just black, then look for the national origin
question.

Hispanic was never supposed to be a racial category but a super category
of a very large number of ethnic and national groups.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<plgbkh134n75dvds1aqjv6soabu5m2v5af@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160389&group=rec.arts.tv#160389

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:27:41 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:27 UTC

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 07:58:38 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>lcraver@home.ca wrote:
>> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>That may be the "woke" definition but racism is when one says or does
>>things where one's race and the other person's is a factor in your
>>decision making.
>
>Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inherently superior or inferior to another.

That's fine but incomplete. If you do not have a belief in racial
supremacy (how you would "prove" that is beyond me!) but believe in
racial separation, and carried out that belief in hiring, admission to
public events etc. most people would agree that that was racist.

According to the architects of South African apartheid they didn't
believe in superiority of one race over another but believed they were
better off apart but we know as practiced the truth was totally
different.

>>No race has a monopoly on racism
>
>You are correct!

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<atropos-032136.12313011102022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160390&group=rec.arts.tv#160390

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:31:30 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:31 UTC

In article <ti4eut$15lkg$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
> >boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>
> >I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
>
> That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
> White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.
>
> Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
> to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
> of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
> count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.
>
> Also, I don't recall broad census demographic categories making it easy
> to categorize blacks from Carribean island colonized by the English and
> French. I guess that was just black, then look for the national origin
> question.

Yes, but that doesn't answer the question of which ones-- if any-- can
be racist under the 'progressive' critical race theory paradigm.

And must your racial history be officially documented somewhere in order
to achieve any racism immunity passes to which you might be entitled?

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<atropos-01BEC1.12322011102022@g9u1993c-hb.houston.hpicorp.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160391&group=rec.arts.tv#160391

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:32:20 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:32 UTC

In article <ti417n$5nn6$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2022 11:47 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> >> Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
> >> quota on something or other.

> > The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
> > boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
> >
> > I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
> >
> Some Hispanic people have both white and black in them.

Yes, we typically call those girls 'porn stars'.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4h1j$rhu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160393&group=rec.arts.tv#160393

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 08:43:47 +1300
 by: Your Name - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:43 UTC

On 2022-10-11 06:47:59 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm confused here. I've been repeatedly and forcefully informed by
>>> 'progressives' that only white people can be racist. Now it seems that
>>> hispanic/latino people can be racist, too, when it serves a political
>>> interest for them to be. Maybe they can't be racist to white people but
>>> *can* be racist to black people?
>>>
>>> What are the rules here?!? We need a ruling from the Oppression Olympics
>>> governing board, stat!
>>
>> Hispanics are white. Persians are brown when CBS is meeting a racial
>> quota on something or other.
>>
>>> . . .
>
> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>
> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

Maybe it is Spanish descent and Central/South American descent??
(And no doubt those claiming about 1/50billionth Central/South American
descent get extra benefits compared to those who are just Spanish
descent.)

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4hiv$5ppg$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160396&group=rec.arts.tv#160396

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 12:53:02 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:53 UTC

On 10/11/2022 12:08 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>
>> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
>
> That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
> White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.
>
> Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
> to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
> of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
> count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.

Aren't mixed with native Indians?

> Also, I don't recall broad census demographic categories making it easy
> to categorize blacks from Carribean island colonized by the English and
> French. I guess that was just black, then look for the national origin
> question.
>
> Hispanic was never supposed to be a racial category but a super category
> of a very large number of ethnic and national groups.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4it3$15tdc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160398&group=rec.arts.tv#160398

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:15:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:15 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 07:58:38 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>lcraver@home.ca wrote:

>>>That may be the "woke" definition but racism is when one says or does
>>>things where one's race and the other person's is a factor in your
>>>decision making.

>>Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inherently superior or
>inferior to another.

>That's fine but incomplete. If you do not have a belief in racial
>supremacy (how you would "prove" that is beyond me!) but believe in
>racial separation, and carried out that belief in hiring, admission to
>public events etc. most people would agree that that was racist.

I agree with Ubi and not you. You are talking about discrimination,
which in the United States violates the civil right of equal protection
as enforced in law. Racism without discrimination isn't illegal.

>. . .

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4joi$15tdc$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160399&group=rec.arts.tv#160399

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:30:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:30 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 10/11/2022 12:08 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>>>boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)

>>>I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

>>That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
>>White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.

>>Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
>>to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
>>of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
>>count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.

>Aren't mixed with native Indians?

I believe there are a handful of pre-Columbian peoples in Central
and South Africa who were so isolated that they were never mixed with
Spanish and Portugese but can't be all that many.

>>. . .

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4jum$15tdc$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160400&group=rec.arts.tv#160400

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:33:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 20:33 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>>>boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)

>>>I have no idea what the hell the distinction is

>>That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
>>White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.

>>Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
>>to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
>>of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
>>count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.

>>Also, I don't recall broad census demographic categories making it easy
>>to categorize blacks from Carribean island colonized by the English and
>>French. I guess that was just black, then look for the national origin
>>question.

>Yes, but that doesn't answer the question of which ones-- if any-- can
>be racist under the 'progressive' critical race theory paradigm.

This isn't a matter of census demography but phases of the moon, the
tide, and whether it's a day ending in "y".

>And must your racial history be officially documented somewhere in order
>to achieve any racism immunity passes to which you might be entitled?

It's racist of you to even ask that question. Race has nothing to do
with demography but how you describe yourself. The Man cannot label you.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4mmj$1378$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160401&group=rec.arts.tv#160401

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:20:21 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:20 UTC

On 10/11/2022 2:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ti417n$5nn6$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>>> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>>>
>>> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
>>>
>> Some Hispanic people have both white and black in them.
>
> Yes, we typically call those girls 'porn stars'.

By "we" you mean you and your sockpuppets?

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4mun$61m9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160402&group=rec.arts.tv#160402

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:24:36 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:24 UTC

On 10/11/2022 1:30 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
>>> White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.
>
>>> Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
>>> to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
>>> of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
>>> count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.
>
>> Aren't mixed with native Indians?
>
> I believe there are a handful of pre-Columbian peoples in Central
> and South Africa who were so isolated that they were never mixed with
> Spanish and Portugese but can't be all that many.

Right that's what I meant. The descendants of the Spanish and indegenous
peoples are Mestizo. Hispanic non-white woud be descendants of Spanish
and black peoples, chiefly in the Caribbean. S America doesn't have this
mix, Brazil is primarily descended from the Portugeuse and black.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<631157995.687216112.604526.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160408&group=rec.arts.tv#160408

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
L.A. City Government Exposed
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:49:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:49 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>
>> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
>
> That doesn't make any sense but maybe it got changed. It used to be
> White Non-Hispanic and Black Non-Hispanic, and Hispanic.
>
> Black Hispanics are the black or mixed-race descendents of slaves brought
> to the Spanish-colonized Carribean islands. White Hispanics are descended
> of Spanish and Portugese. I have no idea how Mestizos were supposed to
> count themselves, or any handful of indigenous peoples.
>
> Also, I don't recall broad census demographic categories making it easy
> to categorize blacks from Carribean island colonized by the English and
> French. I guess that was just black, then look for the national origin
> question.
>
> Hispanic was never supposed to be a racial category but a super category
> of a very large number of ethnic and national groups.

By the way, I remembered where I saw this quite recently. It was less than
a month ago when I got the shot in my eye and had to fill in forms like
that. So it’s not anything I dredged up from the distant past.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<1450689432.687216395.058388.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160409&group=rec.arts.tv#160409

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
L.A. City Government Exposed
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 14:49:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:49 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <ti417n$5nn6$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> The government forms I have to fill out, under race, they have two separate
>>> boxes, for Hispanics and for Hispanics (non-white)
>>>
>>> I have no idea what the hell the distinction is
>>>
>> Some Hispanic people have both white and black in them.
>
> Yes, we typically call those girls 'porn stars'.

Only if it’s at the same time.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti4ofe$16em5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160415&group=rec.arts.tv#160415

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:50:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 21:50 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 10/11/2022 1:30 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>Aren't mixed with native Indians?

>>I believe there are a handful of pre-Columbian peoples in Central
>>and South Africa who were so isolated that they were never mixed with
>>Spanish and Portugese but can't be all that many.

>Right that's what I meant. The descendants of the Spanish and indegenous
>peoples are Mestizo.

That doesn't make them Hispanic -- White. The word literally means
"mixed".

>Hispanic non-white woud be descendants of Spanish and black peoples,
>chiefly in the Caribbean.

Ok. What about non-Spanish parts of the Carribean?

>S America doesn't have this mix, Brazil is
>primarily descended from the Portugeuse and black.

Ok. I suppose in Brasil one could be not Hispanic but mestizo.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<658921706.687222761.445462.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160435&group=rec.arts.tv#160435

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
L.A. City Government Exposed
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:13:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:13 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I believe there are a handful of pre-Columbian peoples in Central
>>> and South Africa who were so isolated that they were never mixed with
>>> Spanish and Portugese but can't be all that many.
>
>> Right that's what I meant. The descendants of the Spanish and indegenous
>> peoples are Mestizo.
>
> That doesn't make them Hispanic -- White. The word literally means
> "mixed".
>
>> Hispanic non-white woud be descendants of Spanish and black peoples,
>> chiefly in the Caribbean.
>
> Ok. What about non-Spanish parts of the Carribean?

That’s how Kamala Harris falsely claims to be from Africa.

>> S America doesn't have this mix, Brazil is
>> primarily descended from the Portugeuse and black.
>
> Ok. I suppose in Brasil one could be not Hispanic but mestizo.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti50go$5vvs$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160437&group=rec.arts.tv#160437

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
City Government Exposed
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 17:07:51 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 00:07 UTC

On 10/11/2022 2:50 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> I believe there are a handful of pre-Columbian peoples in Central
>>> and South Africa who were so isolated that they were never mixed with
>>> Spanish and Portugese but can't be all that many.
>
>> Right that's what I meant. The descendants of the Spanish and indegenous
>> peoples are Mestizo.
>
> That doesn't make them Hispanic -- White. The word literally means
> "mixed".
>
>> Hispanic non-white woud be descendants of Spanish and black peoples,
>> chiefly in the Caribbean.
>
> Ok. What about non-Spanish parts of the Carribean?

Creole? I dunno. Most of the Carribean was settled by the spanish until
the British kicked them out after they'd had many mixed descendants.

>> S America doesn't have this mix, Brazil is
>> primarily descended from the Portugeuse and black.
>
> Ok. I suppose in Brasil one could be not Hispanic but mestizo.

Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed

<ti684e$1fkg1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160463&group=rec.arts.tv#160463

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 15:15:31 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:15 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> lcraver@home.ca wrote:

>>> That may be the "woke" definition but racism is when one says or
>>> does things where one's race and the other person's is a factor
>>> in your decision making.
>>
>> Racism is defined as the belief that one race is inherently superior or
>> inferior to another.
>
>That's fine but incomplete. If you do not have a belief in racial
>supremacy (how you would "prove" that is beyond me!) but believe in
>racial separation, and carried out that belief in hiring, admission to
>public events etc. most people would agree that that was racist.

No, you're describing discrimination.

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: When 'Progressives' Eat Their Own: The Stealth Racism in L.A. City Government Exposed