People are beginning to notice you. Try dressing before you leave the house.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

SubjectAuthor
* Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A LiarUbiquitous
+* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A LiarBTR1701
|+* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Makechromebook test
||`* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Makechromebook test
|| `* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Makechromebook test
||  `- Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Makechromebook test
|`* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Maketrotsky
| `- Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A LiarUbiquitous
`* Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A LiarA Friend
 `- Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Maketrotsky

1
Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<ti9ii2$1r79q$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160676&group=rec.arts.tv#160676

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism
Subject: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:40:18 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 17:40 UTC

In a remarkable coincidence (unless the mainstream media gets together weekly
to craft talking points to praise President Joe Biden), two top papers
recently dropped stories declaring that Biden isn�t a bald-faced liar.

Nope, he just �stretch[es] the available facts� and tells tales with the
�factual edges shaved off.�

�For more than four decades, Mr. Biden has embraced storytelling as a way of
connecting with his audience, often emphasizing the truth of his account by
adding, �Not a joke!� in the middle of a story,� The New York Times wrote on
Tuesday.

�But Mr. Biden�s folksiness can veer into folklore, with dates that don�t
quite add up and details that are exaggerated or wrong, the factual edges
shaved off to make them more powerful for audiences,� the Times said in the
piece, headlined �Biden, Storyteller in Chief, Spins Yarns That Often
Unravel.�

The Washington Post also sought to shave some factual edges off of Biden�s
long history of lying.

�Put Biden in front of a crowd, and he�ll try to connect with it � even if,
at times, the connection seems to stretch the available facts.�

�When delivering the commencement address for the U.S. Naval Academy, he
claimed to have almost attended the school. When he spoke to a group of
athletes in Israel, he suggested he came close to trying out as a walk-on in
the NFL,� the Post said on October 5.

Both pieces by the liberal newspapers came after a major snafu by Biden.

On September 28, Biden delivered a speech at the White House Conference on
Hunger, Nutrition, and Health in Washington, D.C. He recognized those
involved in the effort, including Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN).

In his shout-outs, Biden said: �Jackie, are you here? Where�s Jackie? She
must not be here.�

She wasn�t there because Walorski is dead. She died, along with three others,
in a head-on car crash on August 3.

Biden, 79, had clearly forgotten that Walorski had died, even though on the
day of her death, the White House released a statement from the president
mourning her.

That has prompted Americans to ponder whether he is all there. An Issues &
Insights/TIPP survey of 1,376 adults released Monday showed 64% of Americans
are either �very concerned� or �somewhat concerned,� a 5-point jump from its
last poll in August.

Biden�s tall tales also cause concern. He does lie a lot, and that raises
questions. Has he forgotten? Does he think he�s telling the truth? Does he
believe the lies he�s telling?

For instance, during the 2020 presidential campaign, Biden repeatedly said he
was arrested in the 1970s in South Africa as he tried to visit Nelson Mandela
in prison.

He said he was arrested in Soweto, a suburb of Johannesburg, a city in the
northeast of the country. But at the time, Mandela was being held on Robben
Island, near Cape Town in the southwest part of the country.

The problem: The two sites are some 900 miles apart.

The Times piece listed a few of Biden�s lies.

�The exaggerated biography that Mr. Biden tells includes having been a fierce
civil rights activist who was repeatedly arrested. He has claimed to have
been an award-winning student who earned three degrees. And last week,
speaking on the hurricane-devastated island of Puerto Rico, he said he had
been �raised in the Puerto Rican community at home, politically.'�

But both papers sought to whitewash Biden�s lies, saying it�s just politics.

�Biden�s search for a connection also shows his approach to ethnic politics,
a skill that he needed for much of his career as he sought to cater to small
slices of an electorate in a small state. And it reflects his role, once he
graduated to the national stage, as a glad-handing pol who has visited Little
Italy in Cleveland, Chinatown in Los Angeles and Little Havana in Miami,� the
Post wrote.

And the Times said Biden�s lies are different from his predecessor�s.

�Former President Donald J. Trump lied constantly, not only about trivial
details (like insisting it hadn�t rained during his inauguration when it
clearly had) but also about consequential moments � misleading about the
pandemic, perpetrating the �big lie� that Mr. Biden stole the 2020 election,
and claiming falsely that the Capitol was not attacked by his supporters on
Jan. 6, 2021.�

Then the Times equivocated.

�Mr. Biden�s fictions are nowhere near that scale. But they are emblematic of
how the president, over nearly five decades in public life, has been unable
to break himself of the habit of spinning embellished narratives, sometimes
only loosely based on the facts, to weave together his political identity.�

We all know Biden is a liar who lies for political expedience. But what do
you call news outlets that lie about a lying liar and the lies he tells?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<mGqdneKv0P8jG9X-nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160691&group=rec.arts.tv#160691

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.news-media,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 21:44:30 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 21:44 UTC

On Oct 13, 2022 at 10:40:18 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> In a remarkable coincidence (unless the mainstream media gets together weekly
>
> to craft talking points to praise President Joe Biden), two top papers
> recently dropped stories declaring that Biden isn't a bald-faced liar.
>
> Nope, he just "stretch[es] the available facts" and tells tales with the
> "factual edges shaved off".
>
> "For more than four decades, Mr. Biden has embraced storytelling as a way of
> connecting with his audience, often emphasizing the truth of his account by
> adding, 'Not a joke!' in the middle of a story," The New York Times wrote on
> Tuesday.
>
> "But Mr. Biden's folksiness can veer into folklore, with dates that don't
> quite add up and details that are exaggerated or wrong, the factual edges
> shaved off to make them more powerful for audiences," the Times said in the
> piece, headlined "Biden, Storyteller in Chief, Spins Yarns That Often
> Unravel".
>
> The Washington Post also sought to shave some factual edges off of Biden's
> long history of lying.
>
> "Put Biden in front of a crowd, and he'll try to connect with it-- even if,
> at times, the connection seems to stretch the available facts."

Weird how when Trump did that, these same 'news' outlets called it lying.

Biden's the guy who had to drop out his first presidential campaign because he
was caught plagiarizing speeches, but his reputation for bald-faced lying is
all okay now because Democrat.

But yeah, tell me again how the corporate media unbiased and fair and isn't
actually a propaganda wing of the DNC.

> Biden's tall tales also cause concern. He does lie a lot and that raises
> questions. Has he forgotten? Does he think he's telling the truth? Does he
> believe the lies he's telling?
>
> For instance, during the 2020 presidential campaign, Biden repeatedly said he
>
> was arrested in the 1970s in South Africa as he tried to visit Nelson Mandela
>
> in prison.
>
> He said he was arrested in Soweto, a suburb of Johannesburg, a city in the
> northeast of the country. But at the time, Mandela was being held on Robben
> Island, near Cape Town in the southwest part of the country.
>
> The problem: The two sites are some 900 miles apart.
>
> The Times piece listed a few of Biden's lies.
>
> "The exaggerated biography that Mr. Biden tells includes having been a fierce
>
> civil rights activist who was repeatedly arrested. He has claimed to have
> been an award-winning student who earned three degrees. And last week,
> speaking on the hurricane-devastated island of Puerto Rico, he said he had
> been 'raised in the Puerto Rican community at home, politically'."

Don't forget his claim to have been invited to Israel during the Six Day War
to act as a liaison, which the garbage media let go by completely
unchallenged. Just like they let the utterly fictitious 2 million mile Amtrak
story that Biden has publicly told at least four times since his inauguration
go unchallenged.

During the Six Day War, Biden was a 25 year-old in his second year of law
school, where he'd already plagiarized his first law review article, not
running around the globe acting as wartime liaison to foreign governments.
Next thing you know, Brian Williams will claim to have interviewed him in Tel
Aviv at the time. While they were both taking sniper fire. With Hillary
Clinton.
Because when the Israeli government was looking for a liaison between Egypt
and Israel, of course they went for a second-year law student at the bottom of
his class at a mediocre university who had recently been caught plagiarizing.

> We all know Biden is a liar who lies for political expedience. But what do
> you call news outlets that lie about a lying liar and the lies he tells?

Propagandists.

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<0f581b57-e651-4ead-ac82-25fe5952116dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160692&group=rec.arts.tv#160692

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:01:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make
Him A Liar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 22:01 UTC

On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 5:44:41 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2022 at 10:40:18 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> > In a remarkable coincidence (unless the mainstream media gets together weekly
> > to craft talking points to praise President Joe Biden), two top papers
> > recently dropped stories declaring that Biden isn't a bald-faced liar.

> > The Washington Post also sought to shave some factual edges off of Biden's
> > long history of lying.

Prior to the invasion of Iraq, weapons inspector Scott Ritter correctly warned Saddam had no active WMD program.
Joe Biden, as Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chair, falsely insisted he did and thus vehemently advocated for the war. Watch how Biden treated Ritter:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1519668398963277824

> Biden's the guy who had to drop out his first presidential campaign because he
> was caught plagiarizing speeches, but his reputation for bald-faced lying is
> all okay now because Democrat.

> Don't forget his claim to have been invited to Israel during the Six Day War
> to act as a liaison

I am Joe "I am a Zionist" Biden, and I approve this message

"Pressure from Israel and the Lobby was not the only factor behind the decision to attack Iraq in March 2003, but it was critical."

https://web.archive.org/web/20200308201329/https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v28/n06/john-mearsheimer/the-israel-lobby

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<131020221812324140%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160695&group=rec.arts.tv#160695

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 18:12:32 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 22:12 UTC

In article <ti9ii2$1r79q$4@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Biden, 79, had clearly forgotten that Walorski had died, even though on the
> day of her death, the White House released a statement from the president
> mourning her.
>
> That has prompted Americans to ponder whether he is all there.

Does this idiot think that the president, whoever he is, writes all the
statements issued in his name? Or any of them?

Biden may have forgotten that Walorski had died, but that presumes he
knew about it in the first place.

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<c671aeda-bac4-416b-8f74-6bb6413f19ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160697&group=rec.arts.tv#160697

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
Him A Liar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 22:44 UTC

On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 6:01:50 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 5:44:41 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Oct 13, 2022 at 10:40:18 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Prior to the invasion of Iraq, weapons inspector Scott Ritter correctly warned Saddam had no active WMD program.
> Joe Biden, as Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chair, falsely insisted he did and thus vehemently advocated for the war. Watch how Biden treated Ritter:

Scott Ritter on Joe Biden Mocking War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecH1SI9ufr8

> "Pressure from Israel and the Lobby was not the only factor behind the decision to attack Iraq in March 2003, but it was critical."

-----------

The fuckers are Lying to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otv4kmbRp9E

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<tib9vu$18ak$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160737&group=rec.arts.tv#160737

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Him A Liar
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:26:20 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 09:26 UTC

On 10/13/2022 4:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> go unchallenged.
>
> During the Six Day War, Biden was a 25 year-old in his second year of law
> school, where he'd already plagiarized his first law review article, not
> running around the globe acting as wartime liaison to foreign governments.
> Next thing you know, Brian Williams will claim to have interviewed him in Tel
> Aviv at the time. While they were both taking sniper fire. With Hillary
> Clinton.
>
> Because when the Israeli government was looking for a liaison between Egypt
> and Israel, of course they went for a second-year law student at the bottom of
> his class at a mediocre university who had recently been caught plagiarizing.
>
>> We all know Biden is a liar who lies for political expedience. But what do
>> you call news outlets that lie about a lying liar and the lies he tells?

Which right wing horseshit is Pubie stealing from without attribution?
Can't you guys do anything without looking like complete trash?

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<tibb1j$1kqp$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160740&group=rec.arts.tv#160740

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Him A Liar
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:44:18 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 09:44 UTC

On 10/13/2022 5:12 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <ti9ii2$1r79q$4@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
> <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> Biden, 79, had clearly forgotten that Walorski had died, even though on the
>> day of her death, the White House released a statement from the president
>> mourning her.
>>
>> That has prompted Americans to ponder whether he is all there.
>

> Does this idiot

You have to know the first idiot that comes to mind is Pubie.

think that the president, whoever he is,

I have no idea who "Walorski" is either. Sounds like a TV character.

writes all the
> statements issued in his name? Or any of them?
>
> Biden may have forgotten that Walorski had died, but that presumes he
> knew about it in the first place.

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<tibl8v$23bbf$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160769&group=rec.arts.tv#160769

Followup: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 08:37:09 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:37 UTC

In article <tib9vu$18ak$1@gioia.aioe.org>, gmsingh@email.com wrote:
> [...]

>> running around the globe acting as wartime liaison to foreign governments.
>> Next thing you know, Brian Williams will claim to have interviewed him in Tel
>> Aviv at the time. While they were both taking sniper fire. With Hillary
>> Clinton.
>>
>> Because when the Israeli government was looking for a liaison between Egypt
>> and Israel, of course they went for a second-year law student at the bottom of
>> his class at a mediocre university who had recently been caught plagiarizing.
>>
>>> We all know Biden is a liar who lies for political expedience. But what do
>>> you call news outlets that lie about a lying liar and the lies he tells?
>>
>> Propagandists.
>
>Which right wing horseshit is Pubie stealing from without attribution?
>Can't you guys do anything without looking like complete trash?

Ad hominem noted.
Epithet noted.
Deflection noted.

In other words, you have lost another debate.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<6c6e2d2e-bb0e-4f8d-a21f-8d765cf362dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160786&group=rec.arts.tv#160786

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 08:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
Him A Liar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 15:41 UTC

On Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 October 2022 at 18:44:31 UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> >

> > > Prior to the invasion of Iraq, weapons inspector Scott Ritter correctly warned Saddam had no active WMD program.
> > > Joe Biden, as Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chair, falsely insisted he did and thus vehemently advocated for the war. Watch how Biden treated Ritter:
> > Scott Ritter on Joe Biden Mocking War
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecH1SI9ufr8
> > > "Pressure from Israel and the Lobby was not the only factor behind the decision to attack Iraq in March 2003, but it was critical."
> > -----------
> >
> > The fuckers are Lying to you!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otv4kmbRp9E
> The fact that normally dovish Democrat Jews in Congress and elsewhere were all for the war didn't escape some news outlets.

"Why Jews Should Oppose War On Iraq" and why Jews like Richard Perle strongly favored the invasion:

https://vimeo.com/129995548

Perle's last statement in this video clip is correct (the rest is ALL lies). Neocons, hawkish Jews were badly outnumbered by the dovish ones.

Yet America still went to war. Why? The Israel Lobby.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/IRip2WU8eNA/m/HE1mxsmlKQAJ

Re: Two MSM Newspapers Admit Biden Lies But Declare That Doesn't Make Him A Liar

<49b5bf21-02d4-428e-9326-2149465e3691n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160788&group=rec.arts.tv#160788

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 08:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
Him A Liar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 15:58 UTC

On Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:41:53 AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Friday, October 14, 2022 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:

> > > Scott Ritter on Joe Biden Mocking War
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecH1SI9ufr8

> > > The fuckers are Lying to you!

> > The fact that normally dovish Democrat Jews in Congress and elsewhere were all for the war didn't escape some news outlets.

> "Why Jews Should Oppose War On Iraq" and why Jews like Richard Perle strongly favored the invasion:
>
> https://vimeo.com/129995548
>

> Perle's last statement in this video clip is correct (the rest is ALL lies). Neocons, hawkish Jews were badly outnumbered by the dovish ones.
>
> Yet America still went to war. Why? The Israel Lobby.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/IRip2WU8eNA/m/HE1mxsmlKQAJ

And FWIIW: In the above video with Scott Ritter, much older now in 2022 than in 2003 when Biden raked him over the coals, the two interviewers Aaron Mate and Katie Halper are both Jews.