From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect
Subject: Bill Maher Awkwardly Tries To Discuss Anti-Semitism With Benjamin Netanyahu While Protecting Democrats
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:31:09 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 12:31 UTC

Bill Maher, the liberal host of HBO's "Real Time," discussed anti-semitism
with former Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu late last week where he
awkwardly tried to protect Democrat politicians from past remarks that they
have made.

The segment began with Maher bringing up recent anti-Semitic remarks from
rapper Kanye West and getting Netanyahu's reaction.

Maher then transitioned into talking about similar remarks made by U.S.
elected officials in recent years.

"I just want to read a few quotes from American congressman, just to,
congresspeople rather, just to show that Kanye West is, Kanye West's comment
is not really out of order with some things that are said by people in more
official positions," Maher said. "Here's one, 'Israel has hypnotized the
world. May Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of
Israel.' Ten years ago, if you read that, to me, I thought that would be from
Hezbollah, that's an American congressperson. Another American congressperson
says 'the reality of Israel's apartheid government' goes on to say, 'the
occupation and ethnic cleansing Palestinians live with every day'. Another
one says 'Israel targets media sources so the world can't see Palestinians
being massacred.'"

All of the quotes that Maher referenced came from far-left Democrat Reps.
Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar. However, Maher never once mentioned their
political affiliation and he appeared to try to make it harder for people to
tell who he was talking about by referring to them as "congresspeople"
instead of "congresswomen" after he had initially stated that they were
"congressmen."

"I have three questions for you," Maher continued. "Are you massacring
Palestinians? Are you ethnic cleansing? And are you an apartheid state?"

"No, no, and no," Netanyahu responded. "These are all ridiculous charges
against the one democracy in the Middle East. The one democracy that upholds
human rights, that defends freedom, and is America's best ally. So I think
these people should wake up to reality. But I think that's a far too great of
hope. It's not going to happen. We just have to defend ourselves against
these people because they purvey lies. You ever hear the word 'Fake News'?
This is fake old news, it goes back thousands of years? We're not impressed
by it."

WATCH:
https://youtu.be/jZTleWP82Zc

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Bill Maher Awkwardly Tries To Discuss Anti-Semitism With Benjamin Netanyahu While Protecting Democrats

<8f322df0-91f1-490c-8409-83c845715172n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161201&group=rec.arts.tv#161201

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bill Maher Awkwardly Tries To Discuss Anti-Semitism With Benjamin
Netanyahu While Protecting Democrats
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:28 UTC

On Monday, October 17, 2022 at 8:31:15 AM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:

> Bill Maher, the liberal host of HBO's "Real Time," discussed anti-semitism
> with former Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu late last week

It's All About the Benjamins

‘NYT’ reporter’s book is more frank about Adelson buying foreign policy for Israel than ‘NYT’ was
A new book by Maggie Haberman is frank about a story the New York Times didn't tell us -- Donald Trump sold his policy on Israel to the late Sheldon Adelson.
BY PHILIP WEISS OCTOBER 10, 2022
https://mondoweiss.net/2022/10/nyt-reporters-book-is-more-frank-about-adelson-buying-foreign-policy-for-israel-than-nyt-was/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHok7RqmDvI