From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Subject: Former Top CNN, MSNBC Execs Defend Not Covering Hunter Laptop Before Election: "He Was Never Arrested!"
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 08:28:28 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 12:28 UTC

Two former top executives at CNN and MSNBC defended their network�s decisions
to not cover the Hunter Biden laptop scandal more prior to the 2020
presidential election because he was not criminally charged at the time.

The remarks from former MSNBC chief Phil Griffin and former CNN chief Jeff
Zucker came during a conversation they had late last week at the Un-
Convention in Philadelphia with CNN host Michael Smerconish.

�I think that the Hunter laptop was worthy of more airing than it received
right before the election,� Smerconish said. �Either of you agree with me on
that? Do you regret, how about if I ask it this way specifically, do you
regret not dealing with it before the election?�

�Well, I mean, I think, I think we, the question is, we did deal with it,�
Zucker claimed. �But to the degree that, you know, you would, you would have
thought was appropriate? I think the answer is in the, in the final two
weeks, you know, it was looked at, we did not know enough about it. There was
not, you know, there was not within two weeks of the election, the ability,
when the messenger on that story was Rudy Giuliani, OK? No, I mean, but I
mean, that�s the problem. It�s like, you�re gonna give a lot of legitimacy to
Rudy Giuliani delivering, you know, he�s got the goods? So part of the issue
with that story was who was delivering the goods? Okay, that�s one.�

�That doesn�t mean that we didn�t look into it. We did. We did look into it,�
he continued. �But first of all, you know, with regard to the son of the
candidate, you know, he was the son of the candidate, he wasn�t the
candidate. The question that you�ll come back with is well, but what role did
the candidate play in his business dealings? You know, frankly, with 10 days
or two weeks to go, it was looked at by very credible organizations,
including the Wall Street Journal, Rupert Murdoch�s Wall Street Journal, and
they found nothing at that time, okay? So my point is, it�s easy to say we
should have spent more time on that. Listen, do I think it�s legitimate to
look at? Sure. Do I think that like, it�s a legitimate criticism to say that
in 10 days, 14 days prior to the election, you didn�t spend enough time on
it? Not really.�

Fmr CNN boss Jeff Zucker defends the network ignoring evidence of
Hunter/Joe Biden corruption before the presidential election: "We
didn't know enough about it .. the messenger on that story was Rudy
Giuliani"

"Do I think it's a legitimate criticism [we ignored it]? Not really"
pic.twitter.com/q4rDUNTAbw

� Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) October 14, 2022

Smerconish then turned his attention to Griffin, and asked for his take on
the matter.

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Former Top CNN, MSNBC Execs Defend Not Covering Hunter Laptop Before Election: "He Was Never Arrested!"

<atropos-3083F8.10042717102022@ec2-18-101-80-69.eu-south-2.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161208&group=rec.arts.tv#161208

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 10:04:27 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 17 Oct 2022 17:04 UTC

In article <tijhpc$3e0hb$11@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Two former top executives at CNN and MSNBC defended their network�s decisions
> to not cover the Hunter Biden laptop scandal more prior to the 2020
> presidential election because he was not criminally charged at the time.

How many of Trump's negative stories did they endlessly cover where
there were no criminal charges?

Jeezus, why don't they just be honest and say outright, "We didn't cover
it because we wanted the Democrat to win and this story would have put
that in danger. We buried it because it would have hurt our guy"?

> "That doesn't mean that we didn't look into it. We did. We did look into it,"
> he continued. "But first of all, you know, with regard to the son of the
> candidate, you know, he was the son of the candidate, he wasn't the
> candidate.

Because that was a disqualifier when it came to stories involving Ivanka
Trump or Don Jr., right?

Hypocritical assholes.