An optimist believes we live in the best world possible; a pessimist fears this is true.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

SubjectAuthor
* The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyUbiquitous
+* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyBTR1701
|+* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
||`- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyUbiquitous
|`* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedymoviePig
| +* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyBTR1701
| |+- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
| |`- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
| `* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
|  `* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyBTR1701
|   +* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
|   |`* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyBTR1701
|   | `- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedytrotsky
|   `- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyUbiquitous
`* Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyPluted Pup
 `- Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand ComedyUbiquitous

1
The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160524&group=rec.arts.tv#160524

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 14:49:23 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:49 UTC

The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live," Gilda
Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."

The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy across
the board, is now a total disaster.

Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely and
totally divorced from reality.

When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has passed
and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor" industry try to
burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.

Any objectively funny or silly topic that goes against the aims of the
Democratic Party is ignored. Worse, those same people attempt to downright
cancel or smear actually funny people who dare tell jokes that go against the
grain.

And it's not just the late-night TV comedians. It's permeating every area of
power the Left holds.

Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian satirical
website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.

The Bee writers are so adept at reading the political tea leaves that they
actually are faster than the truth.

For example, President Joe Biden announced in August a cancellation of
student debt. The forgiveness would be paid off by American taxpayers,
including those like plumbers who didn't even attend college, let alone take
out loans. The Bee predicted this very thing.

"Another Babylon Bee prophecy fulfilled," Seth Dillon, Editor in Chief of The
Babylon Bee tweeted. "I think this is number 77 or 78."

Another Babylon Bee prophecy fulfilled. I think this is number 77 or
78. pic.twitter.com/esI5DxtqoY

-- Seth Dillon (@SethDillon) August 30, 2022

The joke is obvious to anybody with half of a brain. A working-class plumber
would not look forward to bailing out his overeducated fellow citizen.

The headline takes a punch at both Legacy Media as well Democrats who present
debt amnesty under the notion we should all be happy about it.

Or, there was its prophecy about media writers publishing ignorant columns
about why a recession could be good for American wallets. It obviously isn't,
but Legacy Media suffers the same disease that professional comedians do;
they advance the Democratic Agenda, regardless of the truth.

Thanks WaPo but The Babylon Bee already did this
pic.twitter.com/7ndni8z7z7

-- Joel Berry (@JoelWBerry) September 28, 2022

The Bee has been suspended by Big Tech for its hijinks.

On Twitter, The Bee has refused to delete a tweet that stated, "The Babylon
Bee's Man Of The Year Is Rachel Levine." Levine is Biden's U.S. assistant
secretary for health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
"Rachel" used to be "Richard."

The Left wants us to accept that as a fact and believe humans can change
gender.

Of course, a man dressing up in a skirt and wig used to be a comedic trope.
It is funny because it is so ridiculous.

Yet that isn't what folks like Seth Meyers believe, so they don't make jokes
about it.

Meyers apparently believes men can become women, so instead, Americans are
treated to somber interviews with folks like "Elliot Page" -- formerly known
as Ellen Page -- as the two discuss the Hollywood star's "transition."

https://youtu.be/oeqCUW4v0JI

If you failed to find the humor in that interview, you are not alone.

This 'death of comedy' trend is not just in matters of radical gender theory,
either. Consider the treatment of President Joe Biden.

The idea of a president who trips up the stairs, calls out dead congress
members, needs cue cards just to sit down, is going senile, and has a
penchant for hugs and embraces that last a little too long is very funny.
It's also who we currently have in the oval office with Joe Biden.

On the same day that Biden called out, "Jackie, where's Jackie?" Jimmy
Kimmel, the host of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!," decided to tell a joke about
Trump potentially going to jail.

What has more comedic value -- a blatantly senile president or the walls
closing in on Trump for the billionth time?

When comedians do finally get around to telling the truth about a subject,
they still risk being smeared as dangerous.

For instance, John Stewart, the former host of "The Daily Show," floated the
possibility that COVID, which began in Wuhan, China, started at the Wuhan
Institute of Virology, which studies bats and viruses. The joke was that the
world didn't think to look at that lab as the origin of the COVID virus, but
of course, conservatives did suggest that in early spring 2020.

Stewart was still blasted for pushing the theory.

Of course, comedy has always had the ability to unite and bring people closer
together. Historically, comedians were free to mock current events,
politicians, and especially cultural norms.

Take the 1970s sitcom classic "All In The Family." Even though the show's
creator, Norman Lear, thought bigoted patriarch Archie Bunker would be
despised for his remarks, the data show the opposite.

As America's fictional blue collar 'lovable loser,' Bunker's personal, raw
take on society actually helped improve race relations.

For better or for worse, Archie Bunker reminded many viewers of their own
uncles or fathers. Since he never acted out of malice, the show's comedy
forced all Americans to confront their own prejudices. In turn, "All in the
Family" highlighted the ignorance behind bigoted beliefs, challenging viewers
to depart from their own internal ethnic conflicts.

And like the Babylon Bee, they did it all through comedy, not by spouting
political creeds.

But that sort of humor is too risky today. In fact, anything funny is risky
for the Left because the truth is at the core of a good joke.

The Left has no interest in truth. They only have an interest in maintaining
power, and to do that requires silencing and canceling others.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<atropos-CE6133.12465212102022@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160533&group=rec.arts.tv#160533

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 12:46:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 19:46 UTC

In article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live," Gilda
> Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
>
> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy across
> the board, is now a total disaster.
>
> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely and
> totally divorced from reality.
>
> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has passed
> and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
> levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor" industry try to
> burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.

Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.

> Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian satirical
> website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.

And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
to "fact check".

Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.

> On Twitter, The Bee has refused to delete a tweet that stated, "The Babylon
> Bee's Man of The Year is Rachel Levine". Levine is Biden's U.S. assistant
> secretary for health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
> "Rachel" used to be "Richard."
>
> The Left wants us to accept that as a fact and believe humans can change
> gender.

In today's Clown World, the best woman for any given job is apparently a
man.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ti7gmb$enj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160578&group=rec.arts.tv#160578

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 17:56:12 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 22:56 UTC

On 10/12/2022 2:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live," Gilda
>> Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
>>
>> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy across
>> the board, is now a total disaster.
>>
>> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
>> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely and
>> totally divorced from reality.
>>
>> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has passed
>> and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
>> levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor" industry try to
>> burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.
>
> Most comedians

Who the fuck is Pubie plagiarizing this time?

today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
>
>> Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian satirical
>> website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.
>
> And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
> Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
> to "fact check".
>
> Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
> fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.
>
>> On Twitter, The Bee has refused to delete a tweet that stated, "The Babylon
>> Bee's Man of The Year is Rachel Levine". Levine is Biden's U.S. assistant
>> secretary for health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
>> "Rachel" used to be "Richard."
>>
>> The Left wants us to accept that as a fact and believe humans can change
>> gender.
>
> In today's Clown World, the best woman for any given job is apparently a
> man.

If truth be told, on some level I like these kinds of posts because it
shows how impotent and limp dicked the right really is. Can the "Bee"
post to Truth Social" now? Why doesn't "the right" give two shits about
this? Because it's just as impotent as everything else you do? Of
course it is. Impotence is all you guys have got, which must make the
circle jerks very slow going.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<tibjg1$23bbf$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160765&group=rec.arts.tv#160765

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 08:08:33 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:08 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian satirical
>> website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.
>
>And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
>Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
>to "fact check".
>
>Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
>fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.

Fact checking is really opinion journalism.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<aTe2L.421526$SAT4.417400@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160780&group=rec.arts.tv#160780

From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:03:34 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 15:03 UTC

On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live," Gilda
>> Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
>>
>> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy across
>> the board, is now a total disaster.
>>
>> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
>> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely and
>> totally divorced from reality.
>>
>> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has passed
>> and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
>> levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor" industry try to
>> burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.
>
> Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.

Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.

>> Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian satirical
>> website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.
>
> And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
> Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
> to "fact check".
>
> Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
> fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.

Most reasonably, they'd fact-check only what aren't clearly jokes.

>> On Twitter, The Bee has refused to delete a tweet that stated, "The Babylon
>> Bee's Man of The Year is Rachel Levine". Levine is Biden's U.S. assistant
>> secretary for health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
>> "Rachel" used to be "Richard."
>>
>> The Left wants us to accept that as a fact and believe humans can change
>> gender.
>
> In today's Clown World, the best woman for any given job is apparently a
> man.

(no 'fact-checking'... still waiting for 'clapter'...)

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<atropos-2A3E8D.09471514102022@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160789&group=rec.arts.tv#160789

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 09:47:15 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:47 UTC

In article <aTe2L.421526$SAT4.417400@fx13.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> >> The late comedian and original cast member of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE,
> >> Gilda Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
> >>
> >> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy
> >> across the board, is now a total disaster.
> >>
> >> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
> >> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely
> >> and totally divorced from reality.
> >>
> >> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has
> >> passed and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather
> >> than offer levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor"
> >> industry try to burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to
> >> the masses.
> >
> > Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
> > of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
>
> Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.

> >> Consider the treatment of The Babylon Bee. The Bee is a Christian
> >> satirical website that skews to the Right -- but no topics are off-limits.
> >
> > And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
> > Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
> > to "fact check".
> >
> > Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
> > fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.
>
> Most reasonably, they'd fact-check only what aren't clearly jokes.

Everything on the Babylon Bee is clearly a joke.

> >> On Twitter, The Bee has refused to delete a tweet that stated, "The
> >> Babylon Bee's Man of The Year is Rachel Levine". Levine is Biden's U.S.
> >> assistant secretary for health for the U.S. Department of Health and
> >> Human Services. "Rachel" used to be "Richard."
> >>
> >> The Left wants us to accept that as a fact and believe humans can change
> >> gender.
> >
> > In today's Clown World, the best woman for any given job is apparently a
> > man.
>
> (no 'fact-checking'... still waiting for 'clapter'...)

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ticimv$17cm$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160816&group=rec.arts.tv#160816

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:01:21 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:01 UTC

On 10/14/2022 10:03 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>,
>>   Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live,"
>>> Gilda
>>> Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
>>>
>>> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy
>>> across
>>> the board, is now a total disaster.
>>>
>>> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers
>>> now
>>> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is
>>> completely and
>>> totally divorced from reality.
>>>
>>> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has
>>> passed
>>> and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
>>> levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor"
>>> industry try to
>>> burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.
>>
>> Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
>> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
>
> Some may settle for those.  It's less clear that most *want* them.

Most people that presume to speak for "most people" or even "most
comedians" are fucking morons.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<atropos-D5BF3E.14092714102022@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160817&group=rec.arts.tv#160817

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 14:09:27 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:09 UTC

In article <ticimv$17cm$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
wrote:

> On 10/14/2022 10:03 AM, moviePig wrote:
> > On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
> >> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
> >
> > Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.
>
> Most people that presume to speak for "most people" or even "most
> comedians" are fucking morons.

An Hutt is so stupid he doesn't realize he just called himself a fucking
moron.

Someone ought to slap your parents for taking half-measures when you
were a baby, Hutt. They should have gone ahead and finished the job and
shaken you hard like a Guatemalan nanny.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ticje5$1hf5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160820&group=rec.arts.tv#160820

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:13:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:13 UTC

On 10/14/2022 11:47 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <aTe2L.421526$SAT4.417400@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
>>> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
>>
>> Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.

>>> And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
>>> Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
>>> to "fact check".
>>>
>>> Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
>>> fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.
>>
>> Most reasonably, they'd fact-check only what aren't clearly jokes.
>
> Everything on the Babylon Bee is clearly a joke.

Have the fucking people that read it think its real because it's so
not-funny. Would you care to rephrase your bullshit statement?

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ticjgu$1hf5$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160821&group=rec.arts.tv#160821

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:15:11 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:15 UTC

On 10/14/2022 11:47 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <aTe2L.421526$SAT4.417400@fx13.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/2022 3:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Most comedians today don't want laughter, they want 'clapter'. Instead
>>> of laughs from the audience, they want claps of approval.
>>
>> Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.

>>> And for some reason, the Bee is the only satire site that Twitter and
>>> Facebook and YouTube and all the other Big Tech platforms feel the need
>>> to "fact check".
>>>
>>> Fact-checking jokes is idiotic to begin with, but that they only
>>> fact-check jokes that skewer the Left is quite telling.
>>
>> Most reasonably, they'd fact-check only what aren't clearly jokes.
>
> Everything on the Babylon Bee is clearly a joke.

>>> In today's Clown World, the best woman for any given job is apparently a
>>> man.
>>
>> (no 'fact-checking'... still waiting for 'clapter'...)

Half the fucking people that read it think its real because it's so
not-funny. Would you care to rephrase your bullshit statement?

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<tick0g$1o0v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160824&group=rec.arts.tv#160824

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:23:29 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:23 UTC

On 10/14/2022 4:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ticimv$17cm$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> wrote:

>>> Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.
>>
>> Most people that presume to speak for "most people" or even "most
>> comedians" are fucking morons.
>
> An Hutt is so stupid he doesn't realize he just called himself a fucking
> moron.

Oh, right, as if I didn't do that on purpose. And you fell for it you
fucking idiot. You're a fucking idiot squared now!!

> Someone ought to slap your parents for taking half-measures when you
> were a baby, Hutt. They should have gone ahead and finished the job and
> shaken you hard like a Guatemalan nanny.

You're lack of intelligence is as bad as your shit taste in music.
Although I have to say, although I think the only good John Williams is
the Australian classical guitarist and erstwhile member of the band Sky,
I did hear the other guy conduct the Vienna Philharmonic doing the theme
from Indiana Jones, and it was quite good. I assume it was live,
although the local Chicago classical station, WFMT, didn't say. On
record he sucks though--brash and boring. He has some memorable themes,
but he should leave the conducting to someone better than Boston Pops
quality.

Anyhoo, you're a fucking moron regardless.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<atropos-EBD71B.14435214102022@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160832&group=rec.arts.tv#160832

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 14:43:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:43 UTC

In article <tick0g$1o0v$1@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
wrote:

> On 10/14/2022 4:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <ticimv$17cm$2@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Most people that presume to speak for "most people" or even "most
> >> comedians" are fucking morons.
> >
> > An Hutt is so stupid he doesn't realize he just called himself a fucking
> > moron.

> Oh, right, as if I didn't do that on purpose.

Purposely calling yourself a fucking idiot is even worse, Hutt, you
monument to vaginal dryness.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<ticm31$eo4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160833&group=rec.arts.tv#160833

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 16:58:58 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:58 UTC

On 10/14/2022 4:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <tick0g$1o0v$1@gioia.aioe.org>, trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/14/2022 4:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> An Hutt is so stupid he doesn't realize he just called himself a fucking
>>> moron.
>
>> Oh, right, as if I didn't do that on purpose.
>
> Purposely calling yourself a fucking idiot is even worse, Hutt, you
> monument to vaginal dryness.

You're in quicksand, idiot. All I did was the same two words as you for
further illustration. It's the same shit over and over with you: "Yes I
really did drive off a cliff," and "yes the dictionary doesn't know what
the fuck it's talking about with respect to the word "decimate." It's
the same horseshit over and over with you. Although I guess sticking up
for Cadet Bonespurs like he could take Pelosi simply because he's raped
young girls is kind of rich too. Oh, and I did like the part about
going through 10 USSS agents because they're Oath Keepers too. Just
pure slime and horseshit, your stock in trade.

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<tigjf1$345jk$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161004&group=rec.arts.tv#161004

Followup: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 04:30:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Some may settle for those. It's less clear that most *want* them.
>>
>> Most people that presume to speak for "most people" or even "most
>> comedians" are fucking morons.
>
>An Hutt is so stupid he doesn't realize he just called himself a fucking
>moron.
>
>Someone ought to slap your parents for taking half-measures when you
>were a baby, Hutt. They should have gone ahead and finished the job and
>shaken you hard like a Guatemalan nanny.

I blame it on his vegetarian (and canine feces) diet.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<0001HW.28FCCF9B000807D830E97B38F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161094&group=rec.arts.tv#161094

Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 16:47:39 -0700
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Sun, 16 Oct 2022 23:47 UTC

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:49:23 -0700, Ubiquitous wrote
(in article <ti727j$1i951$2@dont-email.me>):

> The late comedian and original cast member of "Saturday Night Live," Gilda
> Radner, once said, "Humor is the truth, only faster."
>
> The insightful phrase explains why modern-day SNL, as well as comedy across
> the board, is now a total disaster.
>
> Instead of entertaining the masses, today's professional joke-tellers now
> think it their duty to advance the leftist agenda -- which is completely and
> totally divorced from reality.
>
> When leftists do admit to the truth, it is well after the moment has passed
> and they've moved on to lying about the next thing. So rather than offer
> levity through comedy, those in show business and the "humor" industry try to
> burden Americans with woke guilt while pontificating to the masses.

The real reason the "left" hates comedy is because Jews
have outlawed irreverence! It is Jews that are humorless,
whether they are left wing or right wing, so we need the
freedom of anti-semitism to reinvigorate comedy!

Re: The Real Reason The Left Can't Stand Comedy

<tim2ch$3nfhd$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161326&group=rec.arts.tv#161326

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

plutedpup@outlook.com wrote:

>The real reason the "left" hates comedy is because Jews
>have outlawed irreverence! It is Jews that are humorless,
>whether they are left wing or right wing, so we need the
>freedom of anti-semitism to reinvigorate comedy!

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9