Words can never express what words can never express.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: House of Dragons

SubjectAuthor
* House of DragonsIrish Mike
`* Re: House of DragonsEd Stasiak
 `- Re: House of DragonsBTR1701

1
House of Dragons

<f3ee577c-9384-4ee4-a239-a4a3ceaf68ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161346&group=rec.arts.tv#161346

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 08:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: House of Dragons
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:05 UTC

I've been watching this "Game of Thrones" prequel and,
to be blunt, it doesn't hold a candle to G.O.T. It is
dark, depressing with one of the worst sound tracks I've
ever heard. Not much action, no characters to like or root
for and it looks like it was shot in the dark.

However, it is "woke" and has assorted black characters -
with white dread-lock hair-dos. They look just as dumb
as they sound.

Bottom-line, I've been watching it on HBO Max so there's
probably a chance it will be renewed for a second season.
But if you skip it, you won't be missing much.

Irish Mike

Re: House of Dragons

<874bc778-74b3-4171-ae5e-c53699ee5683n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161382&group=rec.arts.tv#161382

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 13:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: House of Dragons
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:39 UTC

> Irish Mike
>
> I've been watching this "Game of Thrones" prequel and,
> to be blunt, it doesn't hold a candle to G.O.T. It is
> dark, depressing with one of the worst sound tracks I've
> ever heard. Not much action, no characters to like or root
> for and it looks like it was shot in the dark.
>
> However, it is "woke" and has assorted black characters -
> with white dread-lock hair-dos. They look just as dumb
> as they sound.

I think it’s better then GoT but I’ll agree it’s filmed WAY too dark
and “backwashing” House Velaryon and saddling the actors with
those preposterous white dust mop wigs is ridiculous, all the more
so as the accusation that Rhaenyra’s children might be bastards
fathered by Harwin Strong is a critical plot point that gets thrown
out the window, when her husband is a Black guy (with a dust mop
on his head).

Furthermore, the Valyrian people (known for their white-blond hair
and blue or purple eyes) were such racists they’d make Nazis blush
and literally practiced incest to “keep the bloodline pure”..

> Bottom-line, I've been watching it on HBO Max so there's
> probably a chance it will be renewed for a second season.
> But if you skip it, you won't be missing much.

Oh it’ll absolutely get more seasons (it’s kicking Amazon’s shitty
“Lord of the Rings” tv show’s ass) plus there are plans for other
related series, such as Robert’s Rebellion (immediate prequel to
GoT) and adaptions of the Dunk & Egg novellas (if George Martin
ever writes any more…)

Re: House of Dragons

<7WadnUrbC6zKj9L-nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161383&group=rec.arts.tv#161383

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:53:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:53 UTC

On Oct 18, 2022 at 1:39:13 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Irish Mike
>>
>> I've been watching this "Game of Thrones" prequel and,
>> to be blunt, it doesn't hold a candle to G.O.T. It is
>> dark, depressing with one of the worst sound tracks I've
>> ever heard. Not much action, no characters to like or root
>> for and it looks like it was shot in the dark.
>>
>> However, it is "woke" and has assorted black characters -
>> with white dread-lock hair-dos. They look just as dumb
>> as they sound.
>
> I think it’s better then GoT but I'll agree it's filmed WAY too dark
> and "blackwashing" House Velaryon and saddling the actors with
> those preposterous white dust mop wigs is ridiculous, all the more
> so as the accusation that Rhaenyra's children might be bastards
> fathered by Harwin Strong is a critical plot point that gets thrown
> out the window, when her husband is a Black guy (with a dust mop
> on his head).
>
> Furthermore, the Valyrian people (known for their white-blond hair
> and blue or purple eyes) were such racists they'd make Nazis blush
> and literally practiced incest to "keep the bloodline pure".

Yep, make the Velaryons black is worse than just woke casting, since it makes
a significant part of the plot nonsensical. But hey, we have an Agenda to
service and nothing matters more!

>> Bottom-line, I've been watching it on HBO Max so there's
>> probably a chance it will be renewed for a second season.
>> But if you skip it, you won't be missing much.
>
> Oh it'll absolutely get more seasons (it's kicking Amazon’s shitty
> "Lord of the Rings" tv show’s ass)

How do they measure such things with streaming, anyway?