From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Yet another person accused of sexual harrassment, this time it's Kevin Spacey
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 05:13:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 05:13 UTC

shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com> wrote:

>Well this was a bit of a suprise but I guess it goes along with the
>idea that people can do bad things when they are drunk. Anthony Rapp
>says that Kevin Spacey sexually harrassed him when he was 14. Spacey
>doesn't remember it but admits it could have happened. He also has
>come out as gay as part of his apology.

>http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/29/kevin-spacey-anthony-rapp-sexual-misconduct/

This finally got to trial. The jury deliberated for an hour and did not
find Rapp's evidence credible.

Yeah, Spacey retold the story about his father which I guess tests well
with juries.

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-anthony-rapp-manhattan-kevin-spacey-910b90edbb92f00c7461809b13b8e782

Remind me again why Rapp's parents thought it was ok for a 14-year-old
boy to be at a party with adult men and drinking and no other children
at night, regardless of whether Rapp's allegations were true.

Re: Yet another person accused of sexual harrassment, this time it's Kevin Spacey

<r7b4lh1r31vuk6e0829v7sa648a3v74rk7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161616&group=rec.arts.tv#161616

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 01:25:56 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 05:25 UTC

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 05:13:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Well this was a bit of a suprise but I guess it goes along with the
>>idea that people can do bad things when they are drunk. Anthony Rapp
>>says that Kevin Spacey sexually harrassed him when he was 14. Spacey
>>doesn't remember it but admits it could have happened. He also has
>>come out as gay as part of his apology.
>
>>http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/29/kevin-spacey-anthony-rapp-sexual-misconduct/
>
>This finally got to trial. The jury deliberated for an hour and did not
>find Rapp's evidence credible.
>
>Yeah, Spacey retold the story about his father which I guess tests well
>with juries.
>
>https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-anthony-rapp-manhattan-kevin-spacey-910b90edbb92f00c7461809b13b8e782
>
>Remind me again why Rapp's parents thought it was ok for a 14-year-old
>boy to be at a party with adult men and drinking and no other children
>at night, regardless of whether Rapp's allegations were true.

My guess is either they were absentee parents that didn't care to
check on what their child was doing or there was some financial
incentive for them. It's the only reasons I can think of why this
seems to be a somewhat common occurrence among the Hollywood elite (or
maybe it's just among the richest of us all and not just Hollywood.)

Re: Yet another person accused of sexual harrassment, this time it's Kevin Spacey

<tiu84e$kqek$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161657&group=rec.arts.tv#161657

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 04:30:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com> wrote:

>>>Well this was a bit of a suprise but I guess it goes along with the
>>>idea that people can do bad things when they are drunk. Anthony Rapp
>>>says that Kevin Spacey sexually harrassed him when he was 14. Spacey
>>>doesn't remember it but admits it could have happened. He also has
>>>come out as gay as part of his apology.
>>
>>This finally got to trial. The jury deliberated for an hour and did not
>>find Rapp's evidence credible.
>>
>>Yeah, Spacey retold the story about his father which I guess tests well
>>with juries.
>>
>>Remind me again why Rapp's parents thought it was ok for a 14-year-old
>>boy to be at a party with adult men and drinking and no other children
>>at night, regardless of whether Rapp's allegations were true.
>
>My guess is either they were absentee parents that didn't care to
>check on what their child was doing or there was some financial
>incentive for them. It's the only reasons I can think of why this
>seems to be a somewhat common occurrence among the Hollywood elite (or
>maybe it's just among the richest of us all and not just Hollywood.)

It reminds me of the times people let their children hang out with Michael
Jackson, unsupervised, for long periods of time.

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon.