From: heatonan...@gmail.com (James Heaton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Change next week
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 20:32:48 +0100
 by: James Heaton - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 19:32 UTC

No episode Fri 8th due to Rugby World Cup.

Episode shown at 2100 on Thu 7th.

Due to concussion protocol, most teams are playing once a week at
weekends, so the tounament takes nearly 2mths

Therefore expect major Friday disruption for Sep and Oct

James

Re: Change next week

<tgo4fiheogv1amqmr7ua54qfe1n0g11vfb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1619&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1619

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Change next week
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 19:20:45 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Fri, 1 Sep 2023 22:20 UTC

On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 20:32:48 +0100, James Heaton
<heatonandmoore@gmail.com> wrote:

>No episode Fri 8th due to Rugby World Cup.
>
>Episode shown at 2100 on Thu 7th.
>
>Due to concussion protocol, most teams are playing once a week at
>weekends, so the tounament takes nearly 2mths
>
>Therefore expect major Friday disruption for Sep and Oct
>
>James

Times change I guess :( When I worked at CBC in the mid to late 70s
they loathed to alter the sked for Corrie because the switchboard lit
up like a Christmas tree!

Nowadays it is easier to contact them via the net, there are no
switchboards anymore, so who cares?

Have to admit I watch Corrie a day late, streaming it without ads,
perfection :)

Sorry for all those affected by the RWC :-©

Re: Change next week

<kllnnaF2pqtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1620&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1620

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 10:52:45 +0100
 by: kat - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 09:52 UTC

On 01/09/2023 23:20, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 20:32:48 +0100, James Heaton
> <heatonandmoore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No episode Fri 8th due to Rugby World Cup.
>>
>> Episode shown at 2100 on Thu 7th.
>>
>> Due to concussion protocol, most teams are playing once a week at
>> weekends, so the tounament takes nearly 2mths
>>
>> Therefore expect major Friday disruption for Sep and Oct
>>
>> James
>
> Times change I guess :( When I worked at CBC in the mid to late 70s
> they loathed to alter the sked for Corrie because the switchboard lit
> up like a Christmas tree!
>
> Nowadays it is easier to contact them via the net, there are no
> switchboards anymore, so who cares?
>
> Have to admit I watch Corrie a day late, streaming it without ads,
> perfection :)
>
> Sorry for all those affected by the RWC :-©

I just record it, series linked, so the changes get picked up and I don't have
to think, and I can zap the ads.

Oddly, the show is currently sponsored by Argos, with toys showing off stuff,
household goods and electrical things. You se the same few seconds over and
over although there are several. But one small ad shows a dol with a handheld
vacuum cleaner zapping an ecles cake out of the calw of a dinosaur - and that
had the wownderful effect of making me buy, on Saturday, some Eccles Cakes.

Argos doesn't sell food. And while their counter is in a major supermarket - I
bought them from a different chain. :-)
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Change next week

<7e2efid503p320jubp887ddfa87oq5ug0a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1621&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1621

From: lucre...@florence.it
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 08:00:14 -0300
 by: lucre...@florence.it - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:00 UTC

On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 10:52:45 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On 01/09/2023 23:20, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 20:32:48 +0100, James Heaton
>> <heatonandmoore@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No episode Fri 8th due to Rugby World Cup.
>>>
>>> Episode shown at 2100 on Thu 7th.
>>>
>>> Due to concussion protocol, most teams are playing once a week at
>>> weekends, so the tounament takes nearly 2mths
>>>
>>> Therefore expect major Friday disruption for Sep and Oct
>>>
>>> James
>>
>> Times change I guess :( When I worked at CBC in the mid to late 70s
>> they loathed to alter the sked for Corrie because the switchboard lit
>> up like a Christmas tree!
>>
>> Nowadays it is easier to contact them via the net, there are no
>> switchboards anymore, so who cares?
>>
>> Have to admit I watch Corrie a day late, streaming it without ads,
>> perfection :)
>>
>> Sorry for all those affected by the RWC :-©
>
>I just record it, series linked, so the changes get picked up and I don't have
>to think, and I can zap the ads.
>
>Oddly, the show is currently sponsored by Argos, with toys showing off stuff,
>household goods and electrical things. You se the same few seconds over and
>over although there are several. But one small ad shows a dol with a handheld
>vacuum cleaner zapping an ecles cake out of the calw of a dinosaur - and that
>had the wownderful effect of making me buy, on Saturday, some Eccles Cakes.
>
>Argos doesn't sell food. And while their counter is in a major supermarket - I
>bought them from a different chain. :-)

I think it's a case of when you hate ads, you really hate them :) For
me that's the case and a half hour Corrie has two ad breaks in it if
watched live. I find that too disruptive and these days we have
choices thank goodness!

Re: Change next week

<klpfatFkkabU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1622&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1622

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:54:05 +0100
 by: kat - Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:54 UTC

On 05/09/2023 12:00, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2023 10:52:45 +0100, kat <littlelionne@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 01/09/2023 23:20, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>> Times change I guess :( When I worked at CBC in the mid to late 70s
>>> they loathed to alter the sked for Corrie because the switchboard lit
>>> up like a Christmas tree!
>>>
>>> Nowadays it is easier to contact them via the net, there are no
>>> switchboards anymore, so who cares?
>>>
>>> Have to admit I watch Corrie a day late, streaming it without ads,
>>> perfection :)
>>>
>>> Sorry for all those affected by the RWC :-©
>>
>> I just record it, series linked, so the changes get picked up and I don't have
>> to think, and I can zap the ads.
>>
>> Oddly, the show is currently sponsored by Argos, with toys showing off stuff,
>> household goods and electrical things. You se the same few seconds over and
>> over although there are several. But one small ad shows a dol with a handheld
>> vacuum cleaner zapping an ecles cake out of the calw of a dinosaur - and that
>> had the wownderful effect of making me buy, on Saturday, some Eccles Cakes.
>>
>> Argos doesn't sell food. And while their counter is in a major supermarket - I
>> bought them from a different chain. :-)
>
> I think it's a case of when you hate ads, you really hate them :) For
> me that's the case and a half hour Corrie has two ad breaks in it if
> watched live. I find that too disruptive and these days we have
> choices thank goodness!

We have one hour shows with 3 breaks and I am happy to zap! I really only see
the sponsorship bit at all because I stop the zapping when it comes on ready for
the next bit.

Ads are nowhere near as good as they used to be anyway. :-)

--
kat