Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 04:58:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: On apostrophe's, Life and Other Assorted Nuggets of Worth
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 11:58 UTC

'Forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been 60+ years
since my last confession.'

'Have you been unfaithful, deceitful, lied?
'Were you a good father, husband? Drug user, alcoholic--
did the devil tempt you in any way?

Have you altered the life of loved ones by being
self-centered?

Has your ego conflicted with good citizenship?

'No to all of the above but I have had a problem with the apostrophe.'

'This is your sin?'

'I write, editors edit, editors get paid to edit. I know a man who wrote a whole book, edited by his friend to make incomprehension, readable. This writer cheated on his wife, fed her drugs, laid down with all the whores available, conned folks out of money, lived off his brother's check and now complains about a missing, misplaced apostrophe, day after day after day.

'He seems to have nothing else against you?'

'Well, it's my eyes. He's fixated on my eyes, tried to lighten a photo to see my eyes 'better'.

'Is he in love with you?'

'Could be, you see his close friend now runs with another and every day he wishes them well,
then will write about apostrophes and lack thereof.'

'He seems to be a typical dry drunk. No need to raise the glass, the brain has been programmed
to be drunk, so he's drunk.'

'Well, he is dead now, his editor is dead, and his close friend is dead.'

'God works in mysterious ways. why bitch?'

'Thank you, father, I'm off to work. You can read my poetry over at the AYoS/August
care of AAPC.'

Thank you.