You will be divorced within a year.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

SubjectAuthor
* Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin OnUbiquitous
`* Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh AssassiBTR1701
 +* Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh AssassiA Friend
 |+- Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh AssassiBTR1701
 |+- Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassitrotsky
 |`- Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh AssassiUbiquitous
 `- Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh AssassiUbiquitous

1
Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<t7v8ao$4rl$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161879&group=rec.arts.tv#161879

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
Subject: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:01:44 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 11:01 UTC

Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of a
Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
investigating the Capitol riot.

Conservatives on social media were quick to point out Thursday morning that
the front pages of the print editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles
Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA Today did not highlight the incident above
the fold or did not include the story at all.

USA Today featured a story on the Uvalde families and survivors of the mass
shooting. The Chicago Tribune and the New York Times zoned in on the January
6 hearing. And the Los Angeles Times highlighted President Joe Biden�s trip
to Los Angeles.

In small font at the bottom of their front pages, The New York Times
mentioned �Arrest Near Home Of Justice� and The Los Angeles Times mentioned
�Man arrested at home of justice.�

No mention of the assassination attempt on Justice Brett Kavanaugh
on the front pages of USA Today or the Chicago Tribune.

The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times hid the news on the
bottom of the page in small font.

Shameful. pic.twitter.com/iDNVkwDmpw
� Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) June 9, 2022

The news that�s barely fit to print pic.twitter.com/QksrwZQJdK
� Guy Benson (@guypbenson) June 9, 2022

Police arrested Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, in the
Washington, D.C., suburb of Chevy Chase, Maryland, in the wee hours of the
morning on Wednesday. He was near the home of Supreme Court Justice Brett
Kavanaugh.

Roske told authorities that he was upset about the �leak of a recent Supreme
Court draft decision regarding the right to abortion as well as the recent
school shooting in Uvalde, Texas,� indicating that �he believed the Justice
that he intended to kill would side with Second Amendment decisions that
would loosen gun control laws.�

�Roske stated that he began thinking about how to give his life a purpose and
decided that he would kill the Supreme Court Justice after finding the
Justice�s Montgomery County address on the Internet,� the affidavit said.
�Roske further indicated that he had purchased the Glock pistol and other
items for the purpose of breaking into the Justice�s residence and killing
the Justice as well as himself.�

It is not immediately clear whether the Kavanaugh family was at home when
this incident occurred. The FBI would not comment further to The Daily Wire
on the Kavanaugh family�s whereabouts.

--
show trial:

noun [ C ]
a trial organized by a government in order to have an effect on public
opinion and reduce political opposition, and not in order to find the
truth

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<atropos-207C72.09012010062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161880&group=rec.arts.tv#161880

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:01:20 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 16:01 UTC

In article <t7v8ao$4rl$2@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of a
> Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
> hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
> investigating the Capitol riot.

Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<100620221225225329%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161881&group=rec.arts.tv#161881

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 12:25:22 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 16:25 UTC

In article <atropos-207C72.09012010062022@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <t7v8ao$4rl$2@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of a
> > Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
> > hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
> > investigating the Capitol riot.
>
> Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
> hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
> be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.

There was plenty of coverage of the arrest. Following that, the
authorities refused to talk to the media, delayed identifying the
suspect, and attempted to isolate the crime scene. But it's all the
biased media's fault, don'tcha know.

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<atropos-A7DAA1.10121310062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161882&group=rec.arts.tv#161882

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 10:12:14 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 17:12 UTC

In article <100620221225225329%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <atropos-207C72.09012010062022@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <t7v8ao$4rl$2@dont-email.me>,
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of
> > > a Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
> > > hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
> > > investigating the Capitol riot.
> >
> > Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
> > hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
> > be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.

> There was plenty of coverage of the arrest. Following that, the
> authorities refused to talk to the media, delayed identifying the
> suspect, and attempted to isolate the crime scene.

And the media left it at that. If it had been the MAGA hatter, they'd
have dispatched legions of reporters across the country, interviewing
anyone who ever knew the guy, digging through city and county records,
and generally putting everything about him under a microscope, which
would be the subject of constant coverage or days, along with talking
heads who would be painting every Republican politician who ever
criticized Sotomayor as the match that lit the killer's flame.

Meanwhile, we have Chuckie Schumer saying this in 2020:

"I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you
will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go through with
these awful decisions."

Not only hasn't the media blamed Schumer for motivating the killer, CNN
is going out of its way to downplay Schumer's incendiary remarks.

The same network that says Trump was responsible for a mob attack
because he told them to peacefully protest.

> But it's all the biased media's fault, don'tcha know.

The killer is not the media's fault and I never implied otherwise.
However, it's amazing that anyone with an IQ higher than that of a
rutabaga would seriously suggest at this point that the corporate media
in its entirety, save Fox, isn't completely in the tank for Democrats.
And yes, Fox is just as biased and just as untrustworthy.

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<16f7673fe0836807$14$1679882$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161883&group=rec.arts.tv#161883

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 18:48:24 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 23:48 UTC

On 6/10/2022 11:25 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <atropos-207C72.09012010062022@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <t7v8ao$4rl$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of a
>>> Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
>>> hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
>>> investigating the Capitol riot.
>>
>> Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
>> hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
>> be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.
>

> There was plenty of coverage of the arrest. Following that, the
> authorities refused to talk to the media, delayed identifying the
> suspect, and attempted to isolate the crime scene. But it's all the
> biased media's fault, don'tcha know.

Come on, let's be fair. The right wing assholes are the constant
victims of the media and don't anything to call attention to themselves
by being constant pieces of foetid dog shit at all. Ted Cruz isn't an
asshole, Rand Paul isn't an asshole, Gym Jordan, Trafickin' Matt Gaetz,
Zero IQ Boebert and MTG--all of them are cool and above board, dontcha
know. And the insurrection was just a misunderstanding, not an attack
on our democracy by hundreds and hundreds of worthless pieces of shit.
Antifa is the real problem, dontcha know. The right wing assholes are
always being harrassed and never in the wrong.

What we're talking about here is mental illness, someone that is having
trouble staying in contact with reality. And of course Derp won't tell
us why he was forced to retire from the Secret Service, but I would say
a diagnosis of a Paranoid Personality Disorder has a high degree of
likelihood. His problems appear to be escalating and *he* might be the
one who shows up at the house of a left wing SCOTUS Justice.

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<ooOdnZX2aNKaLDj_nZ2dnUU7-UudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161884&group=rec.arts.tv#161884

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 05:25:26 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:25 UTC

In article <100620221225225329%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of
>>> a Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
>>> hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
>>> investigating the Capitol riot.
>>
>> Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
>> hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
>> be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.
>
>There was plenty of coverage of the arrest.

Wrong. Reread the original article again, slowly and all the way to the end.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Major Media Fail To Highlight Coverage Of Alleged Would-Be Kavanaugh Assassin On Front Page

<t84d5i$gfu$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161886&group=rec.arts.tv#161886

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.journalism,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.news-media
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 05:54:57 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:54 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> Major media outlets quickly passed over the alleged would-be assassin of a
>> Supreme Court justice as they moved to coverage of the Thursday public
>> hearing that will disclose the findings of the January 6 committee
>> investigating the Capitol riot.
>
>Anyone who's honest would acknowledge that if the guy was wearing a MAGA
>hat and showed at Sotomayor's house with plans to murder her, it would
>be the top story on all corporate news outlets for days.

Yeah, funny how little coverage the potential assassination of a Supreme
Court judge and the repercusions had he been successful received.

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
Let's go Brandon!