I love treason but hate a traitor. -- Gaius Julius Caesar

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

SubjectAuthor
* Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's NUbiquitous
+* Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If ItBTR1701

1
Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<t84boe$gfu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161885&group=rec.arts.tv#161885

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers
Subject: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 05:30:27 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 09:30 UTC

Political commentator and comedian Bill Maher called out The New York Times
Friday night for burying the story on the alleged assassination plot against
Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Maher made his comments about the leftist newspaper during a panel discussion
with former President Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, activist Cornel
West, and journalist Josh Barro on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher."

"The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal
Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the
front page. And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New
York Times, because they just wear their bias on their sleeves and they - `if
it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f*** it. We bury it.'"

https://twitter.com/BrentHBaker/status/1535454698555195392

Maher's criticism of the Times comes after several newspapers buried stories
on Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin. "Conservatives on social media were
quick to point out Thursday morning that the front pages of the print
editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA
Today did not highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the
story at all," The Daily Wire previously reported.

Both the Times and the Chicago Tribune focused on the January 6 hearings as
their biggest stories, while USA Today's featured story was on the families
and survivors of the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting.

The Times mentioned the alleged Kavanaugh assassination plot in small font at
the bottom of the front page, which simply read, "Arrest Near Home of
Justice."

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1534894840936386560

On Wednesday, 26-year-old Nicholas John Roske was arrested outside of
Kavanaugh's home and charged with attempted murder of a federal judge,
according to the Department of Justice (DOJ). Roske was reportedly upset with
the possible overturning of Roe v. Wade and Kavanaugh's stance on the Second
Amendment.

According to the affidavit, Roske found Kavanaugh's address online, and
brought a gun and burglary tools with him to allegedly kill the justice.

"Roske stated that he began thinking about how to give his life a purpose and
decided that he would kill the Supreme Court Justice after finding the
Justice's Montgomery County address on the Internet," a DOJ affidavit said.
"Roske further indicated that he had purchased the Glock pistol and other
items for the purpose of breaking into the Justice's residence and killing
the Justice as well as himself."

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<rOidnU2tVZtztTv_nZ2dnUU7-WednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161887&group=rec.arts.tv#161887

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 12:57:02 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 17:57 UTC

On Jun 12, 2022 at 2:30:27 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Political commentator and comedian Bill Maher called out The New York Times
> Friday night for burying the story on the alleged assassination plot against
> Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
>
> Maher made his comments about the leftist newspaper during a panel discussion
>
> with former President Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, activist Cornel
> West, and journalist Josh Barro on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher."
>
> "The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal
> Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the
> front page. And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New
> York Times, because they just wear their bias on their sleeves and they - `if
>
> it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f*** it. We bury it.'"

> https://twitter.com/BrentHBaker/status/1535454698555195392
>
> Maher's criticism of the Times comes after several newspapers buried stories
> on Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin. "Conservatives on social media were
>
> quick to point out Thursday morning that the front pages of the print
> editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA
> Today did not highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the
> story at all," The Daily Wire previously reported.

But wait! That can't be. "A Friend" has assured us the media acted in a
completely professional and unbiased way regarding this story.

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<ArWdnfp7u4mypjv_nZ2dnUU7-atQAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161888&group=rec.arts.tv#161888

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:14:55 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 19:14 UTC

On Jun 12, 2022 at 2:30:27 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Political commentator and comedian Bill Maher called out The New York Times
> Friday night for burying the story on the alleged assassination plot against
> Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
>
> Maher made his comments about the leftist newspaper during a panel discussion
>
> with former President Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, activist Cornel
> West, and journalist Josh Barro on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher."
>
> "The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal
> Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the
> front page. And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New
> York Times, because they just wear their bias on their sleeves and they - `if
>
> it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f*** it. We bury it.'"
>
> https://twitter.com/BrentHBaker/status/1535454698555195392
>
> Maher's criticism of the Times comes after several newspapers buried stories
> on Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin. "Conservatives on social media were
>
> quick to point out Thursday morning that the front pages of the print
> editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA
> Today did not highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the
> story at all," The Daily Wire previously reported.

The "Summit of the Americas" was just held in the U.S. for the first time
since 1994, with Biden as host, and it was boycotted by the leaders of Mexico,
Guatemala, Honduras, Bolivia, and El Salvador. Biden was also excoriated at
the summit by the leaders of Argentina and Belize. This also seems vastly
under-reported.

Any time there was some diplomatic snafu under Trump, the corporate media
punditocracy screamed that he was destroying long-established U.S. alliances
and international order. Meanwhile, huge swaths of America's own hemisphere
just sided with Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua in rebuke of Biden.

Biden blocked the attendance of Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua because they're
"not democracies"-- leading the Mexican president to boycott the summit in
protest. Amusingly, the left-wing Mexican president had a demonstrably better
relationship with Trump.

Simultaneously as Biden was retributively blocking the ability of Cuba,
Venezuela, and Nicaragua to attend a largely symbolic international meeting,
he was planning his big upcoming trip to supplicate Saudi Arabia-- which is
famously a bastion of democracy.

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<q4SdnUdC9qq32Dv_nZ2dnUU7-fOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161889&group=rec.arts.tv#161889

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 14:57:30 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 19:57 UTC

On Jun 12, 2022 at 12:53:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <rOidnU2tVZtztTv_nZ2dnUU7-WednZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 12, 2022 at 2:30:27 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Political commentator and comedian Bill Maher called out The New York
>>> Times
>> > Friday night for burying the story on the alleged assassination plot
>> > against
>> > Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
>> >
>> > Maher made his comments about the leftist newspaper during a panel
>> > discussion
>> >
>> > with former President Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, activist
>> > Cornel
>> > West, and journalist Josh Barro on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher."
>> >
>> > "The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal
>> > Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the
>> > front page. And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New
>> > York Times, because they just wear their bias on their sleeves and they -
>> > `if
>> >
>> > it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f*** it. We bury it.'"
>>
>> > https://twitter.com/BrentHBaker/status/1535454698555195392
>> >
>> > Maher's criticism of the Times comes after several newspapers buried
>> > stories
>> > on Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin. "Conservatives on social media
>> > were
>> >
>> > quick to point out Thursday morning that the front pages of the print
>> > editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and
>>> USA
>> > Today did not highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the
>> > story at all," The Daily Wire previously reported.
>>
>> But wait! That can't be. "A Friend" has assured us the media acted in a
>> completely professional and unbiased way regarding this story.
>
> Wow. That was clever.
>
> I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
> shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
> nothing. In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
> and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
> willful blindness, widely reported.
>
> Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
> delusional. Take your pick.

The story being "sat on" wasn't the claim. Nice try, though.

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<120620221553568845%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161890&group=rec.arts.tv#161890

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:53:56 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 19:53 UTC

<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2022 at 2:30:27 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> > Political commentator and comedian Bill Maher called out The New York Times
> > Friday night for burying the story on the alleged assassination plot
> > against
> > Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
> >
> > Maher made his comments about the leftist newspaper during a panel
> > discussion
> >
> > with former President Donald Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, activist
> > Cornel
> > West, and journalist Josh Barro on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher."
> >
> > "The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal
> > Supreme Court justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the
> > front page. And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New
> > York Times, because they just wear their bias on their sleeves and they -
> > `if
> >
> > it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f*** it. We bury it.'"
>
> > https://twitter.com/BrentHBaker/status/1535454698555195392
> >
> > Maher's criticism of the Times comes after several newspapers buried
> > stories
> > on Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin. "Conservatives on social media
> > were
> >
> > quick to point out Thursday morning that the front pages of the print
> > editions of the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA
> > Today did not highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the
> > story at all," The Daily Wire previously reported.
>
> But wait! That can't be. "A Friend" has assured us the media acted in a
> completely professional and unbiased way regarding this story.

Wow. That was clever.

I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
nothing. In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
willful blindness, widely reported.

Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
delusional. Take your pick.

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<120620221631381078%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161891&group=rec.arts.tv#161891

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 16:31:38 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 20:31 UTC

In article <q4SdnUdC9qq32Dv_nZ2dnUU7-fOdnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2022 at 12:53:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rOidnU2tVZtztTv_nZ2dnUU7-WednZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> > <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> But wait! That can't be. "A Friend" has assured us the media acted in a
> >> completely professional and unbiased way regarding this story.
> >
> > Wow. That was clever.
> >
> > I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
> > shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
> > nothing. In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
> > and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
> > willful blindness, widely reported.
> >
> > Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
> > delusional. Take your pick.
>
> The story being "sat on" wasn't the claim. Nice try, though.

That is exactly the claim being made.

"'Conservatives on social media were quick to point out Thursday
morning that the front pages of the print editions of the New York
Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA Today did not
highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the story at
all,' The Daily Wire previously reported."

So ... insane or delusional?

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<atropos-DA7E56.15333912062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161892&group=rec.arts.tv#161892

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 15:33:39 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:33 UTC

In article <120620221631381078%nope@noway.com>,
A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <q4SdnUdC9qq32Dv_nZ2dnUU7-fOdnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 12, 2022 at 12:53:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> > > Wow. That was clever.
> > >
> > > I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
> > > shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
> > > nothing.

And liberals on social media are... what?

> > > In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
> > > and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
> > > willful blindness, widely reported.
> > >
> > > Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
> > > delusional. Take your pick.
> >
> > The story being "sat on" wasn't the claim. Nice try, though.

> That is exactly the claim being made.
>
> "'Conservatives on social media were quick to point out Thursday
> morning that the front pages of the print editions of the New York
> Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA Today did not
> highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the story at
> all,' The Daily Wire previously reported."
>
> So ... insane or delusional?

"Did not highlight" /= "sat on"

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<t85phl$dcj$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161893&group=rec.arts.tv#161893

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:32:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:32 UTC

In <120620221553568845%nope@noway.com> A Friend <nope@noway.com> writes:

[snip]

>I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
>shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
>nothing. In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
>and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
>willful blindness, widely reported.

And, in fact, HE HIMSELF called 911 asking for help.

In other words an odorless, greasless, meatless, nothingburger.

>Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
>delusional. Take your pick.

Oh, and let's not forget the asshole (no, I won't repeat his name),
who went to a NJ Federal judge's home, mudered her son and wounded
her husband (she was not hurt) also had a list suggesting he
was also heading to Justice Sotomoyer.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<tf6dnRGk_KbmBzv_nZ2dnUU7-WnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161894&group=rec.arts.tv#161894

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 21:01:31 -0500
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:01 UTC

On Jun 12, 2022 at 1:31:38 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <q4SdnUdC9qq32Dv_nZ2dnUU7-fOdnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 12, 2022 at 12:53:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>> > Wow. That was clever.
>> >
>> > I do love the bit about "conservatives on social media," which is
>> > shorthand for jerks who routinely get into online feeding frenzies over
>> > nothing. In this case, a delusional nutjob tried to "get" Kavanaugh
>> > and was easily stopped. This attack was, despite your biased and
>> > willful blindness, widely reported.
>> >
>> > Anybody who thinks this story was sat on is either insane or
>> > delusional. Take your pick.
>>
>> The story being "sat on" wasn't the claim. Nice try, though.
>

> That is exactly the claim being made.
>
> "'Conservatives on social media were quick to point out Thursday
> morning that the front pages of the print editions of the New York
> Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and USA Today did not
> highlight the incident above the fold or did not include the story at
> all,' The Daily Wire previously reported."
>
> So ... insane or delusional?

Not one mention of the attempted assassination of Supreme Court Justice Brett
Kavanaugh on ABC's THIS WEEK, but they had plenty of time to interview White
House press secretary Karine Jean Pierre on her "LGBTQ identity".

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<120620222212558705%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161895&group=rec.arts.tv#161895

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 22:12:55 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 02:12 UTC

In article <tf6dnRGk_KbmBzv_nZ2dnUU7-WnNnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> Not one mention of the attempted assassination of Supreme Court Justice Brett
> Kavanaugh on ABC's THIS WEEK, but they had plenty of time to interview White
> House press secretary Karine Jean Pierre on her "LGBTQ identity".

I don't waste my time on the Sunday shows.

Re: Bill Maher Rips NYT For Burying Alleged Kavanaugh Assassination Plot: "If It's Not Part Of Something That Feeds Our Narrative, Fuck It"

<_LOdnW1RGey7zzX_nZ2dnUU7-TGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=161906&group=rec.arts.tv#161906

Newsgroups: alt.journalism.criticism,alt.journalism.newspapers,alt.tv.hbo,alt.tv.pol-incorrect,rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 21:05:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 01:05 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>Not one mention of the attempted assassination of Supreme Court Justice Brett
>Kavanaugh on ABC's THIS WEEK, but they had plenty of time to interview White
>House press secretary Karine Jean Pierre on her "LGBTQ identity".

How well did she read her answers?

--
Let's go Brandon!