All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Micky DuPree
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<UBI202210265@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162475&group=rec.arts.tv#162475

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 08:30 UTC

I watched:

DARK SIDE OF THE 90'S:
"Trash TV: Dirty And Deadly Talk". As 90's Talk TV evolved from the cerebral
(Donahue) to the trashy (Jerry Springer), the new format fused combustive
relationships, shock and violence to entertain the masses.

CURSE OF THE BLOOD GHOULS/SLAUGHTER OF THE VAMPIRES:
In 19th century Austria, a newlywed couple find that they�re the targets of a
bloodthirsty, terrifying vampire. This was an average but well-filmed and
well-scored movie, but apparently Italian vampires have no periphial vision.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<36573786.688579745.030761.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162531&group=rec.arts.tv#162531

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 09:26:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:26 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

Due to the literally blinding pain almost nothing.

While I was sitting in the eye doctors lobby, I was seated about 7 feet
away from a ginormous Sony television, I guess about 77 inches, playing TMC
Halloween movies, specifically Satanic rites of Dracula complete with naked
nudity and redheaded Joanna Lumley! There were some old women behind me
complaining about watching a vampire movie and trying to work up the nerve
to go complain to the receptionist I was trying to figure out if I could
trip them or something.

A couple days later I watched a couple episodes of VEGA$, the end of season
two, when I realized that they aren’t showing any of the two-part episodes,
including the pilot, or the end of season two, or the beginning of season
three. Luckily I should be able to find all those on YouTube, but what the
hell?

Other TV I mostly listened to rather than watched with a cold compress over
my face. Occasionally peeking out with only one eye I sat through this
weeks episode of THE REAL LOVE BOAT. I find these people incredibly
useless. This was day 10 and they’ve been doing “challenges“ like scrubbing
each other down in swimwear then they sit around giggling and amazed when
somebody admits he kissed his date. WTF? They brought on a new wonderful
girl who looks like Gail Godot if Godot was taller and meatier and had
puffier lips and she got voted off the boat almost instantly.
I watched to see if any of the thousands of people on the boat were evident
in the background. Even in the aerial long shots of the Hosts in the pool
area there was nobody there but the two of them. There was nobody in the
dining room set for the captains table (although I suspect that’s not
actually in the dining room) including weight staff nor did they ever show
the meal and they were a few milling people in generic long shots but those
may have been taken at any time. I am also not sure what the hell order
they’re going around the Mediterranean in since they went from inland to
Gibraltar to Spain to Rome to Naples. The virgin finally admitted she’s a
virgin and she was amazed her date didn’t dump her. Seriously, you don’t
dump a virgin until after the date! Now when she said she’s been praying
for someone just like him her whole life, that could’ve got me to jump
overboard.

I let Disney Zoro run for background noise during the night.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<tjed03$2qe9j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162532&group=rec.arts.tv#162532

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 09:52:19 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:52 UTC

On 2022-10-27 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I'll have to do a two-day tomorrow - all I watched yesterday was DOOL, anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<tjed29$2qeh4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162533&group=rec.arts.tv#162533

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 09:53:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:53 UTC

On 2022-10-27 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I'll have to do a two-day tomorrow - all I watched yesterday was DOOL, anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<tjedif$2qepi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162535&group=rec.arts.tv#162535

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 13:02:07 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 17:02 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>Due to the literally blinding pain almost nothing.

But injections in the fleshy part aren't sppsd to hurt!

>A couple days later I watched a couple episodes of VEGA$, the end of season
>two, when I realized that they aren't showing any of the two-part episodes,
>including the pilot, or the end of season two, or the beginning of season
>three. Luckily I should be able to find all those on YouTube, but what the
>hell?

Are you watching VEGA$ on H&I?

>Other TV I mostly listened to rather than watched with a cold compress over
>my face. Occasionally peeking out with only one eye I sat through this
>weeks episode of THE REAL LOVE BOAT. I find these people incredibly
>useless. This was day 10 and they've been doing "challenges" like scrubbing
>each other down in swimwear then they sit around giggling and amazed when
>somebody admits he kissed his date. WTF? They brought on a new wonderful
>girl who looks like Gail Godot if Godot were taller and meatier and had
>puffier lips and she got voted off the boat almost instantly.

I am so glad I did not watch that!

>I watched to see if any of the thousands of people on the boat were evident
>in the background. Even in the aerial long shots of the Hosts in the pool
>area there was nobody there but the two of them. There was nobody in the
>dining room set for the captains table (although I suspect that's not
>actually in the dining room) including wait staff nor did they ever show
>the meal and they were a few milling people in generic long shots but those
>may have been taken at any time.

Surely you remember them roping off the Lido Deck for filming the Pointer
Sisters musicvid?

>I am also not sure what the hell order they're going around the
>Mediterranean in since they went from inland to Gibraltar to Spain to Rome
>to Naples.

It sounds like they're heading east.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<tjes3q$2rkv2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162561&group=rec.arts.tv#162561

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 14:09:38 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 21:09 UTC

On 10/27/2022 9:26 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> Due to the literally blinding pain almost nothing.

Hopefully the eye doctor helps. For the first time in a long time I'm
eagerly looking forward to my next appointment. I *know* my
prescription has changed since I'm constantly taking off my glasses to
read. I never had to do that before.

I watched:

Family Guy - "Bend or Blockbuster" - Episode 2 from a few weeks ago.

Stargirl - "Frenemies – Chapter Eight: Infinity Inc. Part Two" - Pat and
Shade team up because the writers have run out of ideas.

American Horror Story: NYC - "Something's Coming" and "Thank You for
Your Service" - First two episodes. Set in the early 80s, a serial
killer is stalking gay men. So far there doesn't appear to be anything
supernatural yet.

The Winchesters - "You're Lost Little Girl" - An OK episode but I'm
still not caring about the show overall.

Andor (Disney+) "Narkina 5" - So last week Andor helps the alliance of
rebels make their first major attack against the empire, then he goes
into hiding under an assumed name where he's prompted arrested on
trumped up charges and sentenced to 6 years in prison. "I'm just a
tourist!" This week we see his life on the inside and encounter many
familiar faces both in the prison and out. Also of note, the rebels
decided to put a hit out on Andor because he knows too much. This week
they are actively looking for him but no one knows he was arrested. A
highlight of the episode was probably when the two most competent people
working for the empire, not named Vader or Thawn, met each other. I
expect eventually they'll team up. Another good episode.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<761115869.688604162.493307.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162581&group=rec.arts.tv#162581

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:27:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 27 Oct 2022 23:27 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Due to the literally blinding pain almost nothing.
>
> But injections in the fleshy part aren't sppsd to hurt!

The injection doesn’t hurt but “excruciating pain” is the number one listed
after effect.

>> A couple days later I watched a couple episodes of VEGA$, the end of season
>> two, when I realized that they aren't showing any of the two-part episodes,
>> including the pilot, or the end of season two, or the beginning of season
>> three. Luckily I should be able to find all those on YouTube, but what the
>> hell?
>
> Are you watching VEGA$ on H&I?

Yes, and supplementing on YouTube. The YouTube picture is not nearly as
sharp and beautiful but it is in the correct aspect ratio.

>> Other TV I mostly listened to rather than watched with a cold compress over
>> my face. Occasionally peeking out with only one eye I sat through this
>> weeks episode of THE REAL LOVE BOAT. I find these people incredibly
>> useless. This was day 10 and they've been doing "challenges" like scrubbing
>> each other down in swimwear then they sit around giggling and amazed when
>> somebody admits he kissed his date. WTF? They brought on a new wonderful
>> girl who looks like Gail Godot if Godot were taller and meatier and had
>> puffier lips and she got voted off the boat almost instantly.
>
> I am so glad I did not watch that!

But she’s been praying for you to watch for the last 12 years

>> I watched to see if any of the thousands of people on the boat were evident
>> in the background. Even in the aerial long shots of the Hosts in the pool
>> area there was nobody there but the two of them. There was nobody in the
>> dining room set for the captains table (although I suspect that's not
>> actually in the dining room) including wait staff nor did they ever show
>> the meal and they were a few milling people in generic long shots but those
>> may have been taken at any time.
>
> Surely you remember them roping off the Lido Deck for filming the Pointer
> Sisters musicvid?

Not so much, no.

I really think there may not be passengers on this boat.

>> I am also not sure what the hell order they're going around the
>> Mediterranean in since they went from inland to Gibraltar to Spain to Rome
>> to Naples.
>
> It sounds like they're heading east.

But I think they started out in the Mediterranean and went west and then
turned around and came back east. Who knows maybe that’s what they do.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<1661808751.688604450.936870.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=162582&group=rec.arts.tv#162582

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 16:27:09 -0700

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 10/27/2022 9:26 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> Due to the literally blinding pain almost nothing.
>>

> Hopefully the eye doctor helps. For the first time in a long time I'm
> eagerly looking forward to my next appointment. I *know* my
> prescription has changed since I'm constantly taking off my glasses to
> read. I never had to do that before.

My vision has room improved remarkably. My right eye went up two lines
better on the eye chart. The doctor was freaking amazed. :-)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-10-26 (Wednesday)

<tkgmig$f0f$1@pcls7.std.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164156&group=rec.arts.tv#164156

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 17:04:16 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 17:04 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> Stargirl - "Frenemies – Chapter Eight: Infinity Inc. Part Two" - Pat
> and Shade team up because the writers have run out of ideas.

I disagree. You may not like the idea, but it fits with the "frenemies"
theme of the season to use Pat and the Shade as foils. If I had the
energy, I'd try to find out if the same people who wanted the Flash to
rehab criminals rather than just catch them are now working on
_Stargirl_, because it's the same basic (somewhat Pollyannaish) idea at
work here.

-Micky